Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)

Go down 
+28
Boboknack
Steinhund
Saber
LSLarry
Tibr
Ulfriden
Oingoboingo
Metalsiagon
rand
soulthief
Fyrr
Forestassassin
Ashard
uflb999
Bblazer
kqlkql
klaas
THAN0S
ysosad
Taters
clambam
Savvage
Piktas
kuba_
ferarith
Claudandus
RuneSlayer
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Olympus and Erevos
Option 1
Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_vote_lcap49%Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_vote_rcap
 49% [ 36 ]
Option 2
Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_vote_lcap16%Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 12 ]
Option 3
Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_vote_lcap34%Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_vote_rcap
 34% [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 73

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) Empty
PostSubject: Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)   Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 2:47 am

There has been a lot of discussions regarding the status on Olympus.

The reason behind the creation of Olympus was the swarm of new players which we were expecting by a publisher. Unfortunately, and although we have done our part a few months now, the publisher has not yet sent the traffic that should be directed to Olympus and therefore the game world has suffered. Not knowing exactly when the "gates will open" for the new players and not wanting to wait any longer as the game experience on Olympus is not very "pleasant", we have announced some changes which will go live this week:

1. Players will be able to initiate a battle at the borders and the Capital.

i) Difficulty will start from Normal.
ii) The min. level of enemy AI units at the borders will be 13+ and at the Capital 15+.
iii) CP caps, Battle Rewards and AI GS limits will follow the Normal, Hard, Nightmare, Insane and Suicide difficulties, which the player can choose.

This change should allow players to have a fighting chance against the enemy Capital, but STILL face an army equivalent to the End Game situation.

2. We will add another COOP difficulty, so COOPs can be enabled at the borders and at the Capital. It will be a HARD coop, but at least players will be able to generate CP fighting at these regions.

This change may or may not go live this week.

---------

We would also like to do one of the following:

1. Allow the battles to continue for 2 more weeks on Olympus and then if there is no clear victor, announce a victor (the Faction one with the most Regions) and allocate Aether accordingly and have the world map reset.

2. The above and have the Olympus population merge with the Erevos population.

3. Reset both Erevos and Olympus (wait for 2 more weeks on Olympus so a victor can be decided) and merge both populations in a brand new world map with the changes as they are on Olympus. All players retain their progression and are just transferred to a new world. No changes in Faction or race.

I personally am in favor of the 3rd option.

What do you people think?

Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

PostSubject: Re: Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)   Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 2:56 am

What about all the differences regarding max stats on items between olympus and erevos, when we vote in favor of option 3, which I very much would like to happen.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)   Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 3:19 am

Claudandus wrote:
What about all the differences regarding max stats on items between olympus and erevos, when we vote in favor of option 3, which I very much would like to happen.

RuneSlayer wrote:
with the changes as they are on Olympus

As stated above, we will use the logic as it is on Olympus and items will be modified accordingly using an analogy. Eg. what is a +30 on Erevos it will become a +25, which is the max stat.
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

PostSubject: Re: Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)   Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 3:27 am

Sounds good to me. Smile
Back to top Go down
ferarith

PostSubject: Re: Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)   Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 3:54 am

If we vote for option 2 would upgrades and gear remain at Everos normal?

Also what about players with an account on each world?
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)   Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 4:06 am

Option 3 suits me the most, but what about guilds and players, when the same group (or even one) players control guilds on both worlds they should be allowed to merge or at least send resources to one guild. I would like to use my account on Olympus, however my account on Erevos has many powerfull items which i would like to give to the Olympus account when system will merge and i would not like to be banned for violating game rules. If i can send (or merge accounts) items from one account to second (or via guild transfer) then i have no more questions Smile.

Last edited by kuba_ on Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)   Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 4:15 am

I prefer the second option. Mostly because I like the stats and and whatnot that are in Erevos (yes, EREVOS not everos) and secondly because I'm sure that we'd get the new map once one of the capitals fall. Devs didn't manually reset Erevos after months and months of people asking for it (that or removing the limitations) so I don't see why there should be a manual reset now.

Not to mention that +25 max stat instead of +30 promotes elitism but I won't get into that.
Back to top Go down
Savvage

Savvage

PostSubject: Re: Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)   Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 4:31 am

i pick 3 if my items come with me, not changed in any form. this means my items will still have 25+ stats
Back to top Go down
clambam

PostSubject: Re: Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)   Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 4:33 am

All sounds good, and I vote for option 3

For a new map I would like to suggest to take the best of both worlds. The big mountain in the middle of Olympus created great opportunities for cutting off big chunks of enemy areas, but the multiple routes to the capital on Erevos are better than the 1 hex bottleneck on Olympus
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)   Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 4:35 am

ferarith wrote:

We will use the mechanics which are used on Olympus.

Players with 2 accounts is a challenge. We are working on a solution.

Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)   Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 4:36 am

Using the mechanics of Olympus as the default is a bad idea  Rolling Eyes  You'll see...  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Taters

PostSubject: Re: Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)   Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 4:37 am

Regarding option 3, are guilds getting transferred/merged as well, or are we going to lose all our resources used for guild level upgrade (quite significant amount of the resources actually) ?

I don't care about hexes and their bonuses, but it would hurt to lose guild and its level that we worked for.
Back to top Go down
ferarith

PostSubject: Re: Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)   Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 4:38 am

If Everos is forced to reset, since option 3 is winning, will the guild lose all their invested resources? or will we have to downgrade everything and lose half?

RuneSlayer wrote:
ferarith wrote:

We will use the mechanics which are used on Olympus.

Players with 2 accounts is a challenge. We are working on a solution.

So no matter what we're going to use Olympus norms? Crap... Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)   Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 4:54 am

This is very good...especially the hard cooperative on those restricted regions.

As for the merge options, I am most in favor of option 2. Erevosians have been fighting this cycle, they deserve a conclusion to their war as much as Olympians.

The container size and CP bonus adjustments previously mentioned should still happen to allow for a faster cycle. Once the fight is over we can go to the new map.

As Ferarith asks, I do hope that guild level and that which is in our vault's is retained as well.

Looking forward to seeing what ya'll come up with as a solution to the alternate accounts...for some this is akin to Sophie's Choice it would seem.
Back to top Go down
THAN0S

THAN0S

PostSubject: Re: Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)   Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 5:05 am

Olympus is a failed experiment.

Where is the option for Olympus to move over to Erevos and set to Erevos norms?

There are damn few people who on Erevos, who are not also playing on Olympus, that want anything to do with Olympus. Everything I have heard about Olympus in comparison to Erevos suggests that Erevos is the superior playing experience.

What you need is an option where any side that maintains an 80% region control or greater for 1 (or 2 or 3) real time month(s) wins a partial victory. Aether rewards are 2/3rds (or 1/2) normal.

Multiple Accounts = Pick one to be your main account, shove everything from the unpicked account into the picked account. Resources over the cap disappear. Retrievable market goods and guild sends disappear on the unpicked account. Unpicked account disappears.
Back to top Go down
ferarith

PostSubject: Re: Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)   Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 5:13 am

Some one on Everos, made the suggestion that you could transfers all your items/resources to one account, as a ONE time transfer then delete the unwanted account. didn't get the quote fast enough so i can't properly credit them here Sad.
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)   Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 5:16 am

THAN0S wrote:

Where is the option for Olympus to move over to Erevos and set to Erevos norms?

That would be the second option.
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)   Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 5:16 am

I very -very- much disagree with option 3.

i understand the reasoning behind having set up olympos and i feel sorry for the devs it fell through (not by their fault which is even worse).

However, the stalemate on oympos seems to me to be mostly caused by the players themselves. the stalemate on erevos has been solved by the playerbase. Why can't the same thing be achieved on oympos?

I'm not too keen on a servermerge. That smacks too much of players having gone from erevos to olympos and having gotten their entire gem investment back and them now coming back and having them refunded again. 3 for the price of one as a reward for whatever you wnt to call it seems way off...

resetting erevos is the worst idea i've heard in a long time. everyone on erevos seems to be having a great time. the war is bloody exciting. I'd be HUGELY disappointed if the devs chose for this option.
Back to top Go down
ferarith

PostSubject: Re: Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)   Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 5:21 am

Personally i agree with Klaas, then main issue i see with Everos at the moment is that its less active since the players that went to Olympus left and thats only cuz its harder to get coop and pvp match ups now...
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)   Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 5:23 am

Taters wrote:
Regarding option 3, are guilds getting transferred/merged as well, or are we going to lose all our resources used for guild level upgrade (quite significant amount of the resources actually) ?

I don't care about hexes and their bonuses, but it would hurt to lose guild and its level that we worked for.

We understand, but unfortunately Guilds cannot be transferred.

Back to top Go down
ferarith

PostSubject: Re: Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)   Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 5:26 am

Rune, Does this mean all guilds will be disbanded and we must start over again? and all resources will be lost?
And why the push to use Olympus Stats and Costs?

Last edited by ferarith on Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kqlkql

PostSubject: Re: Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)   Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 5:35 am

i have an account on both worlds...my olkmpus accoun is more observational as i opened it recently to see if i wanted to migrate. right now, i don't want to. If worlds merge, give us an option to close one account or another.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)   Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 5:38 am

ferarith wrote:
Rune, Does this mean all guilds will be disbanded and we must start over again? and all resources will be lost?
And why the push to use Olympus Stats and Costs?

Unfortunately it cannot be done otherwise. Guilds cannot be transferred due to the way the DB has been designed, which is why a player is requested to leave his Guild when he wants to migrate.

Back to top Go down
clambam

PostSubject: Re: Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)   Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 5:40 am

perhaps a way round this is just to give the guild leader the required resources to get back up to that level from scratch
Back to top Go down
ferarith

PostSubject: Re: Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)   Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 5:41 am

clambam wrote:
perhaps a way round this is just to give the guild leader the required resources to get back up to that level from scratch

now there's an idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)   Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Olympus and Erevos (Two worlds collide...)
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next