Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Drop rate questions...

Go down 
+9
Hegorn
Fyrr
Gorlak
Nethack
athose
RuneSlayer
Yanvicious
Scaren
Realf Lantow
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hegorn

Hegorn

Drop rate questions... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 4:02 pm

Fyrr wrote:

Realf Lantow wrote:
I learned from the best (Fyrr), on how to get answers from you guys... Very Happy And it would seem that accusing you guys of conspiracies is the most affective way. Razz
Oh no, please don't learn such things OR use it. One annoying me is enough Crying or Very sad 

Hegorn wrote:
Eh. Have merit behind what you write or even the most patient devs/community managers will get annoyed with you. Not the best way to get replies. Soulless crossed the line not long ago.
Aimed at me? pale Ofc not the best way, and I say sorry sometimes, but it just... happens.
And I think Rune knows that I just need my answers, lol, and I appreciate when he gives them Smile
And if I annoy them THAT much... They just need to tell me.

There - I'm ashamed now.
I wasnt trying to derail or flame. Just saying that the devs try. If you think something is wrong and can back it up with evidence, they've shown that they try to get to the bottom of it. Accusing them of conspiracies/etc doesnt help improve the game.

Quick question about fragment drop chances - is it an equal chance to get 0, 1, or 2 frags in Nightmares? Same question for the other game modes. What are the chances for those frags?

Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 4:29 pm

Number of Games at which you have a 95% chance to have earned at least 1 Godlike Fragment.

Game ModeFrags Per GameDroprateNumber of games
PvP1-20.3%665
PvE Nightmare0-20.3%998
PvE Co-Op0-10.3%1996
**This assumes that we have equal chances to get (n) frags per game as listed in the table.
**This assumes 100% winrates for each game mode.

Last edited by Hegorn on Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 10:47 pm

So another math question, to cement our understanding.

If godlikes have a .03% chance of happening, that is 3 in 10000, meaning that when the game does an RNG loot check a GL drops on the numbers 9998, 9999, 10000.

You said a 100% increase turns that .03% into a .06% --Godlikes drop on numbers 9995, 9996, 9997... 10000.

Assuming the same is true for expanding the epic,rare, uncommon chances... do the numbers keep expanding down (in favor of the higher quality) so at a certain point of +% drop, there wouldn't be a chance to get commons anymore?

EG--these are just hypothetical numbers
godlike chance .03%
Epic chance .1%
rare chance 5%
uncommon chance 25%
common chance 69.87%

with 300%+ droprate the numbers would be....? (this would be a 4x multiplier, remember that +100% droprate doubles chances)
godlike .12%
epic .4%
rare 20%
uncommon 79.48% (100%, but only 79.48% remains of the 100%)
common--pushed off the table

Again, I don't know the actual %'s for each drop chance (could we get those?.... you gave us one!) I just used numbers to better explain my question/hypothesis.

And thank you VERY much for these answers runeslayer! They've been very informative and APPRECIATED! But here's some motivation to provide solid answers to important questions--once you answer it, the players know them and you don't have to keep answering it--as long as you answer it completely! (we've asked about CP containers and it took several threads to figure out how they worked because we'd only get a partial explanation)
Back to top Go down
Chip56

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 11:27 pm

Archer its 0.3% and not 0.03%

And I would guess that you cant stop getting commons since its most likely something like this:
1) Make a roll if you get any fragment at all. Improved by drop chance +
2) Roll which item you get, if any.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 2:06 am

Archer wrote:

Again, I don't know the actual %'s for each drop chance (could we get those?.... you gave us one!)
Yes, community needs it. That was one of those numbers that I wanted to get from Rune in due time. To put on wiki and/or on some FAQ (provided devs will answer more of those important questions with piles of info). Smile 

Archer wrote:

And thank you VERY much for these answers runeslayer! They've been very  informative and APPRECIATED!  But here's some motivation to provide solid answers to important questions--once you answer it, the players know them and you don't have to keep answering it--as long as you answer it completely! (we've asked about CP containers and it took several threads to figure out how they worked because we'd only get a partial explanation)

Exactly what I tried to say earlier - answer such questions in full once and then no need to answer partially many times (but i'm just bad at expressing myself, ha). Maybe it takes way more time, but it's worth it study And maybe it's possible to delegate other devs for an answer or two.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 4:24 am

Sorry Archer. That mightve been my fault. I originally posted in my table that the droprate was 0.03%.

Fixed now. The other numbers on the table were correct. That was just a typo on my part - not a math error.

Hegorn wrote:
Number of Games at which you have a 95% chance to have earned at least 1 Godlike Fragment.

Game ModeFrags Per GameDroprateNumber of games
PvP1-20.3%665
PvE Nightmare0-20.3%998
PvE Co-Op0-10.3%1996
**This assumes that we have equal chances to get (n) frags per game as listed in the table.
**This assumes 100% winrates for each game mode.
Back to top Go down
Realf Lantow

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 8:55 am

Chip56 wrote:

And I would guess that you cant stop getting commons since its most likely something like this:

While I would also agree with your guess about getting commons; Rune wrote up above that the chance to get HIGHER LEVEL frags increases; he stated that with +100% drop rate, the 0.3% chance to get GL frags increases to 0.6% chance. The question is, of course, does the bottom of the 100% fall off as each chance-rate (for item quality) increases size?

or does the total chance to get a frag increase?

I'm guessing that the chance isn't actually set upon "make a role to get any fragment" but rather, that the bottom 1/3rd or such-like amount is set to (Zero frags) instead of a type of frag. Thus, as the +drop rate% increases, that portion of the 100% spectrum decreases in size, until (theoretically) it disappears entirely. This "slot-machine" would then be ran 1 time for each possible frag you get from the battle type; however there is a slight change, in that you *always* get at least a single frag from PVP.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 5:02 pm

Realf Lantow wrote:
Chip56 wrote:

While I would also agree with your guess about getting commons; Rune wrote up above that the chance to get HIGHER LEVEL frags increases; he stated that with +100% drop rate, the 0.3% chance to get GL frags increases to 0.6% chance. The question is, of course, does the bottom of the 100% fall off as each chance-rate (for item quality) increases size?

or does the total chance to get a frag increase?

I'm guessing that the chance isn't actually set upon "make a role to get any fragment" but rather, that the bottom 1/3rd or such-like amount is set to (Zero frags) instead of a type of frag.  Thus, as the +drop rate% increases, that portion of the 100% spectrum decreases in size, until (theoretically) it disappears entirely.  This "slot-machine" would then be ran 1 time for each possible frag you get from the battle type; however there is a slight change, in that you *always* get at least a single frag from PVP.
It might be on a single drop table as you described. That said, +droprate% items could affect both and they are independent events as Chip described.

+droprate gear would be more effective on a single table - especially if it pushes zero drops off the table.

Any clarification on this Runeslayer?

Back to top Go down
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 2:02 am

My theoretical table still explains the question, be it 0.3% or 0.03%.
And I actually thought about 'no frag' being beneath 'common' on the table, which would then theoretically be 'pushed off' first.

But this all assumes that the proposed theory is in fact how increased loot chance works.

*offers rune a carrot if he answers*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drop rate questions...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2