Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Drop rate questions...

Go down 
+9
Hegorn
Fyrr
Gorlak
Nethack
athose
RuneSlayer
Yanvicious
Scaren
Realf Lantow
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Realf Lantow

Drop rate questions... Empty
PostSubject: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 11:09 am

Hi Devs!

First off, I've been all over the forum with quite a lot of complaints, so I want to make a few things perfectly clear...

1) I like this game. I've put more hours into it, than into any other non-original-Xbox-rpg (think KOTOR or Elder Scrolls: Morrowind) game I've ever played... and that's just in the last month.

2) I've never, EVER been slightly tempted to put money into an online game before I found this game... and I've already put quite a bit of money into it, so clearly this game is doing something right... from the dev's point of view! Wink

3) You guys are, well, trying to bring new stuff online! I'm just UBER-Impatient... (comes with being an American (United Statesian), I guess... I don't want to have my cake when it's made, I WANT IT NOW!) plus I want ice-cream on the side. Razz

So those topics being cleared, on to the questions promised:

1) What are the percentages for the level of frags given? I've put over 10k CP into the game, and have only gotten a single epic frag from drops, all my other epic+ frags were either bought, or (in the case of a measly 2 epics) gained through quest rewards.

2) Is the quality of the frags tied in any way to the level of a building/size of the army?

3) Is the quality of the frags tied in any (direct) way to the difficulty setting/combat choice? or are the varying star ratings just something which shows your likelihood to receive more frags(up to the limit for that battle choice, of course)(thus indirectly increasing your chances of getting better frags)?

4) Is the quality of the frags tied in any (direct) way to the +drop rate% items? or does that (also) only increase your chance of getting frags in general? *if* that only increases your chance of getting frags in general, then there's seemingly no point to that particular choice of gear in a normal match, where you can only ever get a single frag... (or at least no point to gearing +200%drop-rate spread over your army)

5)Does the Dark faction have improved chances to get good frags?(higher percentage of drop-rate chance being epic/gl) Or improved chances to get frags in general? (higher drop-rate from combat, in general) And how much difference is there between the two? Personally, I really think the Dark Side could stand to not have any "special" treatment at this point... After all, the Light-side hasn't been able to push them back for at least 2 weeks, while they've been averaging a small bit of area gain daily for that whole time.

Lastly:
6) Does drop-rate spread over the army stack? Do your units which make the kills affect your chance of getting drops, etc... For example, I have +100% drop rate in 4 items (this is a purely hypothetical example) and I chose to put those items onto the same unit... If I slaughter half the enemy with that unit, at extreme losses to it, while the rest of my army stands by idly... will that increase my chance of getting frags more than if he sits on the sideline, not fighting, while my other troops get all the kills...

Realf Lantow

PS Fyrr, this *isn't* for you... you're not the ONLY person who likes to know things, you know?

PSS Devs, I completely agree that this isn't a P2W game; for the reason that there's no seeming possibility of winning this game, pretty much ever... But (depending on your answers to the questions above) some of those rumors could be decreased by increasing the likelihood of getting better frags (not frags in general... we get enough of those) since it's virtually impossible for epic, and especially GL frags/items to enter the in-game world without people buying them... And that gets pretty expensive, pretty fast.
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Some great questions   Drop rate questions... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 11:16 am

You bring up great questions that i'm sure everyone wants the answer to. I have completely given up on getting any more gl's frags without buying them from market and they are to expensive. So now epics are the only thing I can really afford. I'm also quite curious about the drop rate because while I used the items for a while I noticed no difference in the frags I got.
Back to top Go down
Yanvicious

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 11:26 am

Just going to point out regardless of how many CP you've earned, last i'd heard the only chances to earn a godlike frag was from co-op, nightmare, and pvp. I've never heard of increased drop rates for the "disadvantaged" faction, and i've always been under the assumption that drop rate is calculated at the end of combat so what unit is using it and what they do during combat shouldn't make any difference.

That being said it would still be nice to know roughly what the drop rate %'s are for the different difficulties and how exactly +drop rate gear calculates in to all of it.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 11:38 am

Thank you for your kind words Realf Lantow. Smile

We are trying our best to bring features as soon as possible and as less buggy as possible lol

Realf Lantow wrote:
1) What are the percentages for the level of frags given? I've put over 10k CP into the game, and have only gotten a single epic frag from drops, all my other epic+ frags were either bought, or (in the case of a measly 2 epics) gained through quest rewards.

I will provide some info when I have access to it. (Currently not at the office!) However, CPs have nothing to do with drop rates. Game difficulties are connected to the drop rates for sure...PvP is the place to be for the highest drop rates, however since solo and coop can be done more frequently it might seem as Nightmare provides the best drop rates.

Realf Lantow wrote:
2) Is the quality of the frags tied in any way to the level of a building/size of the army?

Nope.

Realf Lantow wrote:
3) Is the quality of the frags tied in any (direct) way to the difficulty setting/combat choice? or are the varying star ratings just something which shows your likelihood to receive more frags(up to the limit for that battle choice, of course)(thus indirectly increasing your chances of getting better frags)?

As I explained above, only game/type difficulty. PvP is the King and Nightmare follows..

Realf Lantow wrote:
5)Does the Dark faction have improved chances to get good frags?(higher percentage of drop-rate chance being epic/gl) Or improved chances to get frags in general? (higher drop-rate from combat, in general) And how much difference is there between the two? Personally, I really think the Dark Side could stand to not have any "special" treatment at this point... After all, the Light-side hasn't been able to push them back for at least 2 weeks, while they've been averaging a small bit of area gain daily for that whole time.

Why would the Dark faction have improved drop rates? No,that's not the case. I think the reason you see the Dark faction pushing, is because the high lvl players have been "investing" CPs in order to be ready for GW and control of the Regions. A Guild can only control a Region which is owned by its Faction. Wink

Realf Lantow wrote:
6) Does drop-rate spread over the army stack? Do your units which make the kills affect your chance of getting drops, etc... For example, I have +100% drop rate in 4 items (this is a purely hypothetical example) and I chose to put those items onto the same unit... If I slaughter half the enemy with that unit, at extreme losses to it, while the rest of my army stands by idly... will that increase my chance of getting frags more than if he sits on the sideline, not fighting, while my other troops get all the kills...

No... Smile
Back to top Go down
athose

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 9:14 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:

Realf Lantow wrote:
6) Does drop-rate spread over the army stack?...
(other things after the ellipses)

No... Smile

So ... was that 'no' saying they didn't stack? So there is only a benefit from a single +drop item per army?
Back to top Go down
Realf Lantow

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 11:24 pm

Runeslayer- you're a king of not answering questions, while still technically answering them. O.o

So what I've gotten from your reply is this:

1) I already knew that CP count doesn't affect drop-rate, I only mentioned it to point out that I've put in a LOT of battles (at the rather low rate of never higher than 40 CP until yesterday, 10k CP *is* a lot of fights) to have not gotten any GLs/only 1 epic.

2) Having higher level barracks (beyond, of course, level 14), or bringing a larger army to a fight doesn't make your chance to get good drops higher. Therefore, if player A brings 2 LI and an HI unit to each NM fight, and cycles through his barracks worth of units while continuously fighting battles, while player B brings his entire army (well, what he can bring for max AP) to each battle, and has down-time between battles, player A will get as many frags, of as high quality from each fight as player B, therefore maximizing his frag gain per timeframe.

3) You seem to be saying almost the same thing I asked... But I think that what you mean is yes, you have a higher chance of getting good frags from a higher difficulty setting (PVP being the highest setting). I'm not quite sure, however, if you still mean that it's just a higher chance of getting frags in general, and thus an indirect chance to get higher frags, or if you mean that there is actually a higher percentage chance of dropping good frags.

4) No reply at all... O.o

5) I only asked that about dark-side having bonuses because I've heard rumors of it. Therefore, for my own sake I've wanted to make sure that said ideas were strictly rumors.

6) Each of my points covered more than one question, and this particular one has both sides of the coin asked. I'm not quite sure how this can be a "No." answer, given that No to the one question means yes to the other question. Or is it that you're trying to conceal the truth about the information at hand, to confuse us into gearing up with tons of +drop rate items when only one will count?
Back to top Go down
Nethack

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 12:04 am

I think I've dropped something like 5 GLs in 38k CP. All from coop / nightmare. I'm under the impression that +drop rate do helps.

However I feel that what helps more is doing a lot of coop / NM. Just a lot of games.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 12:11 am

athose wrote:
So ... was that 'no' saying they didn't stack? So there is only a benefit from a single +drop item per army?

Of course they stack, but they don't have to be on the same unit. For example, if you have 4 items giving drop rate bonuses, they don't have to be equipped by the same unit, but can be given to different units as well. I am sorry if that wasn't clear.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 12:34 am

Realf Lantow wrote:
Runeslayer- you're a king of not answering questions, while still technically answering them. O.o

I'll take it as a compliment...*bows* Thank you... Smile

Realf Lantow wrote:
1) I already knew that CP count doesn't affect drop-rate, I only mentioned it to point out that I've put in a LOT of battles (at the rather low rate of never higher than 40 CP until yesterday, 10k CP *is* a lot of fights) to have not gotten any GLs/only 1 epic.

Godlike fragments, are really...Godlike.. They do not drop like raindrops from the sky. Smile You may have put in a lot of battles, but you have to be lucky as well. Also, you can only obtain a GL fragment in Nightmare, CO-OP and PvP. The probability is around 0.3% for a Godlike fragment, WITHOUT drop rate bonuses by items.

Realf Lantow wrote:
2) Having higher level barracks (beyond, of course, level 14), or bringing a larger army to a fight doesn't make your chance to get good drops higher. Therefore, if player A brings 2 LI and an HI unit to each NM fight, and cycles through his barracks worth of units while continuously fighting battles, while player B brings his entire army (well, what he can bring for max AP) to each battle, and has down-time between battles, player A will get as many frags, of as high quality from each fight as player B, therefore maximizing his frag gain per timeframe.

Correct and a great tactic...

Realf Lantow wrote:
3) You seem to be saying almost the same thing I asked... But I think that what you mean is yes, you have a higher chance of getting good frags from a higher difficulty setting (PVP being the highest setting). I'm not quite sure, however, if you still mean that it's just a higher chance of getting frags in general, and thus an indirect chance to get higher frags, or if you mean that there is actually a higher percentage chance of dropping good frags.

The higher the difficulty of a battle the higher the drop rates AND the higher the chance to get a higher rarity fragment. PvP is King.

Realf Lantow wrote:
4) Is the quality of the frags tied in any (direct) way to the +drop rate% items? or does that (also) only increase your chance of getting frags in general? *if* that only increases your chance of getting frags in general, then there's seemingly no point to that particular choice of gear in a normal match, where you can only ever get a single frag... (or at least no point to gearing +200%drop-rate spread over your army)

Increases your chance of getting frags in general.

Realf Lantow wrote:
6) Each of my points covered more than one question, and this particular one has both sides of the coin asked. I'm not quite sure how this can be a "No." answer, given that No to the one question means yes to the other question. Or is it that you're trying to conceal the truth about the information at hand, to confuse us into gearing up with tons of +drop rate items when only one will count?

What is it with people thinking that we are "concealing" the truth and we are "conspiring" against the community? Wow.... Realf Lantow, I am trying to answer as many questions as I can throughout the day, posting I don't know how many times per day. At the same time, I am working on the development of the game and other matters related to Battle Conquest. If for any reason my answer did not "satisfy" a question, that doesn't mean that there is a Master Plan to "conceal" information..... Having said that and after being accused as a "conspirator" to "scam" the masses the answer is still "No". Smile lol Drop rate bonuses have nothing to do with kills. You can equip various units with items which provide drop rate bonuses and they would stack but without taking into consideration the kills. Drop rate bonuses are just added at the end of the battle.
Back to top Go down
Gorlak

Gorlak

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 1:59 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

What is it with people thinking that we are "concealing" the truth and we are "conspiring" against the community?  

I think I've said it before but, without wishing to appear to be brown-nosing, I want to re-iterate how sooo untrue I feel this to be.  The team of devs for this game are the most helpful and responsive I've come across in any of the MMOs I've played and this is why it's one of the very few games I've opened my wallet for as a token of my appreciation.  Keep up the good work guys (and girls?)
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 3:34 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Realf Lantow wrote:

I'll take it as a compliment...*bows* Thank you... Smile

Oh no :DRune has done it to me so many times. Well his answers resemble the droprate probabilities... Luck, thread/PM subject line, time of day, his mood, prayer amount etc etc... (Rune, any actual values for all that? lol). Though sometimes re-asking gives godlikes Wink (and headaches for me about annoying Rune so much)

RuneSlayer wrote:
Correct and a great tactic...

So you say that leeching coops with 2 troops (not even maybe killing, why bother) is a great tactic??? Generally yes, rotating armies is better for frag drops, but wow how can this be abused...

RuneSlayer wrote:
Increases your chance of getting frags in general.

Elaborate even MORE? Razz 

RuneSlayer wrote:
What is it with people thinking that we are "concealing" the truth and we are "conspiring" against the community? Wow.... .. If for any reason my answer did not "satisfy" a question, that doesn't mean that there is a Master Plan to "conceal" information.....  

Ha! Simple... You don't provide enough numbers, it's all secret Suspect ... Getting any long answer out of you takes time. Not that we don't appreciate when you do Wink Personally I'd be more happy by you answering 2x less questions but with 2x more information.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 7:38 am

Fyrr wrote:
So you say that leeching coops with 2 troops (not even maybe killing, why bother) is a great tactic??? Generally yes, rotating armies is better for frag drops, but wow how can this be abused...

3 units is the minimum you have to take in a Nightmare difficulty.

Fyrr wrote:
Personally I'd be more happy by you answering 2x less questions but with 2x more information.

...which means give answers to 50% people less? Not..polite Smile
Back to top Go down
Realf Lantow

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 10:15 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

What is it with people thinking that we are "concealing" the truth and we are "conspiring" against the community? Wow.... Realf Lantow, I am trying to answer as many questions as I can throughout the day, posting I don't know how many times per day. At the same time, I am working on the development of the game and other matters related to Battle Conquest. If for any reason my answer did not "satisfy" a question, that doesn't mean that there is a Master Plan to "conceal" information..... Having said that and after being accused as a "conspirator" to "scam" the masses the answer is still "No". :)lol .

I learned from the best (Fyrr), on how to get answers from you guys... Very Happy And it would seem that accusing you guys of conspiracies is the most affective way. Razz

Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 10:17 am

Realf Lantow wrote:
I learned from the best (Fyrr), on how to get answers from you guys... Very Happy And it would seem that accusing you guys of conspiracies is the most affective way. Razz

Point taken... Try me again. Wink lol
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 10:29 am

Eh. Have merit behind what you write or even the most patient devs/community managers will get annoyed with you. Not the best way to get replies. Soulless crossed the line not long ago.

About Drop Rates--
The 0.3% is for PvP? Does that make Nightmares 0.2% and Co-ops 0.1%?

If I wear +100% droprate gear in my army, would I convert the 0.3% to 0.6%?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 10:44 am

Hegorn wrote:
The 0.3% is for PvP? Does that make Nightmares 0.2% and Co-ops 0.1%?

The drop rate for Godlikes in Nightmares, CO-OPs and PvPs is the same.

Hegorn wrote:
If I wear +100% droprate gear in my army, would I convert the 0.3% to 0.6%?

That is correct.
Back to top Go down
Souless

Souless

PostSubject: Reply to Hegorn   Drop rate questions... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 10:56 am

===Sorry for the Off Topic===
Hegorn wrote:
Eh. Have merit behind what you write or even the most patient devs/community managers will get annoyed with you. Not the best way to get replies. Soulless crossed the line not long ago.

This is the finest way to start a flame dear Hegorn, go judge yourself before messing with others, and next time it would be polite sending me a private message instead of using my username to make an example of "what you don't have to do" if you are posting a reply discussing the game go ahead, but don't mix game discussion with something else please....if you have something to tell me send me a private message, don't make it public...stop annoying me with your judgement, you are no better than anyone else with your personal attack
Back to top Go down
Nethack

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 11:53 am

Nice to have numbers. Thanks for the answers Runeslayer.

One thing that needs clarification : early in the thread you say that PvP has the best chance of dropping GL frag. And latter in the thread, you say that the chance is the same (0.3%) for PvP, coop and nightmare.

So which is true ? Thanks in advance Smile 
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 11:58 am

Nethack wrote:
Nice to have numbers. Thanks for the answers Runeslayer.

One thing that needs clarification : early in the thread you say that PvP has the best chance of dropping GL frag. And latter in the thread, you say that the chance is the same (0.3%) for PvP, coop and nightmare.

So which is true ? Thanks in advance Smile 

I think both are true. When you get a frag 0,3% chance is a frag will be godlike, in PVP you get 1-2 frags, in solo nightmare 0-2. So in PVP you get more frags that means more chance to get GL frag.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 12:13 pm

kuba wrote:
I think both are true. When you get a frag 0,3% chance is a frag will be godlike, in PVP you get 1-2 frags, in solo nightmare 0-2. So in PVP you get more frags that means more chance to get GL frag.

Spot on.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 2:37 pm

Those frag drops are correct for wins. Pretty much everyone wins a much higher percentage of Co-Ops vs Nightmares or especially vs PvP.

Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 2:51 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
Fyrr wrote:

3 units is the minimum you have to take in a Nightmare difficulty.

doesn't change my point about COOPS, which can affect OTHERS. Very Happy NMs, and generally solos - yeah, less units can be better.

RuneSlayer wrote:

Fyrr wrote:
Personally I'd be more happy by you answering 2x less questions but with 2x more information.

...which means give answers to 50% people less? Not..polite Smile

Nah I didn't mean that Crying or Very sad . Just if you go the polite route, it's efficient to answer all with a bit more info, thus preventing some double-questions.

Realf Lantow wrote:
Oh no, please don't learn such things OR use it. One annoying me is enough Crying or Very sad 

Hegorn wrote:

Aimed at me? pale Ofc not the best way, and I say sorry sometimes, but it just... happens.
And I think Rune knows that I just need my answers, lol, and I appreciate when he gives them Smile
And if I annoy them THAT much... They just need to tell me.

There - I'm ashamed now.

p.s. the droprates discussion is really useful, as most people didn't get what was it about. (heh, Rune, you can cross off a half of one question in my forgotten PM :)and... err... maybe more data in the future on.. various things?.. Now I'm even scared to ask)
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 3:01 pm

lol Fyrr...
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 3:10 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
lol Fyrr...

whatever THAT means. You're so hard to figure out.. and to change my behavior to the way you'd more like Suspect 

and sorry about this all offtopic Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 3:25 pm

Fyrr wrote:
whatever THAT means. You're so hard to figure out.. and to change my behavior to the way you'd more like Suspect

and sorry about this all offtopic Embarassed

Fyrr, you don't have to change your behavior... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drop rate questions...   Drop rate questions... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drop rate questions...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next