Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

drop rate is messed up

Go down 
+8
XViper
nathor
WorldEater
Bobba
Claudandus
Tibr
Savvage
turtle
12 posters
AuthorMessage
turtle

drop rate is messed up Empty
PostSubject: drop rate is messed up   drop rate is messed up I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 9:04 pm

I keep doing battles with 50% drop rate gear and all i get is commons even when i do NM. Why is this?Question 
Back to top Go down
Savvage

Savvage

PostSubject: Re: drop rate is messed up   drop rate is messed up I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 9:20 pm

50% isn't much. I've gotten 7 epics 14 rare fragment drops yesterday and today combined, it
s actually gotten higher :3
Back to top Go down
turtle

PostSubject: Re: drop rate is messed up   drop rate is messed up I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 9:22 pm

while this other guy with 5% do normals or hards gets rares and above
Back to top Go down
Savvage

Savvage

PostSubject: Re: drop rate is messed up   drop rate is messed up I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 12:44 am

turtle wrote:
while this other guy with 5% do normals or hards gets rares and above
Drops are based on luck. You probably did 5 battles while he did 20.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: drop rate is messed up   drop rate is messed up I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 1:49 am

Honestly i was confused about the sheer luck ppl had. So i ran my personal drop statistic over 60 nightmare battles with drop gear varying between 200 and 250, obv. depending on repaired items. The format was exactly the same for every battle: 3 arti, 1 cav, 2 hi, 3 archers, 1 lia. Average unit level 11.1-11.2.

To the results - i had gotten a fragment for every battle. Of those there were no godlikes, 4 epics, 18 rares, 23 uncommons and 15 commons.

From that i concluded that for whatever reason i do not share that insane luck. Ppl have being swarmed by drops with much less drop rate and much lower unit levels. I could run the statistic for another 40 battles and get a better estimate, but i dont believe i would see a radical change.

Therefore i concluded that godlike items are not sustainable on nightmare difficulty and one should not overgear with epics neither. This statement is valid untill we have transmutation info...

Still if people are getting epic every 7-8 battles then something is wrong. Maybe some units (like arti) are not taken into drop equation or their levels - or it depends on the lowest level and not the average (as i was dragging a lvl 9 archer along to get him higher). Please look at it.
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

PostSubject: Re: drop rate is messed up   drop rate is messed up I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 2:45 am

From my experience. I think droprate works like xp-bonus. It does only apply for the kills the unit with droprate got.
Whenever I bring artillery, I get a lot of kills, but the unit responsible has no droprate what so ever. When the artillery is left in the barracks the drops are better. But thats just my gut feeling. I havent counted enough nm-battles to make a statistically valid statement.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: drop rate is messed up   drop rate is messed up I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 2:54 am

If that is true, it would explain a lot, nice theory/catch. Then the drop system should be fixed to an average, because artillery is the new fotm. Also units with drop gear are often worse at killing.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: drop rate is messed up   drop rate is messed up I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 3:22 am

Last I heard, Rune said that +drop rate is a static number and doesn't depend on the troop. So it shouldn't matter whether your drop rate units got the kills or not. Unless he changed it recently or there is a glitch, that shouldn't be the case (although, that would be one wierd glitch). However, I'm not convinced drop rate formula is working quite right myself... though it could just be bad luck/ good luck making things seem off.
Back to top Go down
WorldEater

WorldEater

PostSubject: Re: drop rate is messed up   drop rate is messed up I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 3:28 am

Time and again, the drop rate threads emerge. Time and again, the same suspicion arises: does the gear bonus even stack? Or it applies to units with bonus gear only? Despite the assurances of the devs, that it does stack and is applied at the end of the combat. Look up the old threads.

However, reward system was recently changed, significantly. So I humbly ask the devs to investigate this matter, just in case. Maybe something influenced it in unexpected way.

From my personal post-patch experience, I do not share the "insane luck" described. maybe it is because my +drop set is less than 100%, maybe because I bring 2-3 artillery units in battle...
Back to top Go down
nathor

PostSubject: Re: drop rate is messed up   drop rate is messed up I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 5:16 am

Tibr wrote:
Honestly i was confused about the sheer luck ppl had. So i ran my personal drop statistic over 60 nightmare battles with drop gear varying between 200 and 250, obv. depending on repaired items. The format was exactly the same for every battle: 3 arti, 1 cav, 2 hi, 3 archers, 1 lia. Average unit level 11.1-11.2.

To the results - i had gotten a fragment for every battle. Of those there were no godlikes, 4 epics, 18 rares, 23 uncommons and 15 commons.

From that i concluded that for whatever reason i do not share that insane luck. Ppl have being swarmed by drops with much less drop rate and much lower unit levels. I could run the statistic for another 40 battles and get a better estimate, but i dont believe i would see a radical change.

Therefore i concluded that godlike items are not sustainable on nightmare difficulty and one should not overgear with epics neither. This statement is valid untill we have transmutation info...

Still if people are getting epic every 7-8 battles then something is wrong. Maybe some units (like arti) are not taken into drop equation or their levels - or it depends on the lowest level and not the average (as i was dragging a lvl 9 archer along to get him higher). Please look at it.
i dont agree. got already 2-3 gl's and 10+ epics in perhaps 60 battles as well . but I have higher drop rate. something like 400%+ much of it with 9% drop rate rares that i took a long time to collect. so i get a lot more gls and epics than i need to repair them.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: drop rate is messed up   drop rate is messed up I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 5:17 am

I recall RuneSlayer saying that the chance and level of rarity of the fragments are influenced by the Gearscore the enemy brings to battle.

If the AI is wielding several godlike items, the chances you are going to get a higher rarity fragment will be increased.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: drop rate is messed up   drop rate is messed up I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 5:28 am

Nathor what is your setup and unit levels?
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: drop rate is messed up   drop rate is messed up I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 7:42 am

XViper wrote:

If the AI is wielding several godlike items, the chances you are going to get a higher rarity fragment will be increased.
my enemy ALWAYS has godlikes. Yet I had 0 gl drops even with high droprate etc (droprate % and unit levels similar to nathor's, unit types and luck different, since he used to get good frags before update too). Actually got a few better frags with my cannons.. And lower level units, even lower AP.

Luck, it's all luck.. The same when people mix 1 gl 4 epics and get a good godlike item, others get an epic even with 4 gl 1 epic mix, continually.

Seems like the newer people get more good drops, as I call it 'noob luck'. Some high level people keep this luck even later. Could it be inversely related to unit levels?

We always need more info on droprate, but hard to hope that Rune will sit and write a looong post about it, technicalities, numbers and all. (how many times I asked this? :/ And I will, in every similar thread...)
Back to top Go down
turtle

PostSubject: Re: drop rate is messed up   drop rate is messed up I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 10:05 am

me personally think the update did something to drop because before the update i was getting rare and up most of the time with the same army set up i still use, but know i am getting commons,
Back to top Go down
nathor

PostSubject: Re: drop rate is messed up   drop rate is messed up I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 10:32 am

Tibr wrote:
Nathor what is your setup and unit levels?
10 units level 13+ 4lia 6 cav or 4 li 6 hi. 4-5 heroes also high level. + 2-3 epic-rare all with drop rate items per unit and also drop rate items in the heroes.
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: drop rate is messed up   drop rate is messed up I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 1:32 pm

I have about 200%-250% drop rate at NM. I couldnt find any gl frags but i have found 7 or 8 epic frags so far, but during severalPVP fights with Fyrr i was able to get 2 gl frags.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: drop rate is messed up   drop rate is messed up I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 9:28 am

kuba_ wrote:
I have about 200%-250% drop rate at NM. I couldnt find any gl frags but i have found 7 or 8 epic frags so far, but during severalPVP fights with Fyrr i was able to get 2 gl frags.
I got one from pvp too, yesterday, ofc not vs kuba Very Happy i know other people got gls from pvps too...
guess gl rate been reduced for nm and/or increased for pvps or something? (but we will never know!)

heh so nice being able to pvp another darkie so easily without that gw coop queue. (irrelevant, but still)
Back to top Go down
Stinkfinger

Stinkfinger

PostSubject: Re: drop rate is messed up   drop rate is messed up I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 3:22 pm

Ha! I think DR only improves chance of getting frag, not quality of said frag :/
Back to top Go down
Quadq

PostSubject: Re: drop rate is messed up   drop rate is messed up I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 4:53 pm

I think the drop has been great. I have picked up 2 Gl frags and at least 6 or 7 epic frags in the last couple days. Way more than I ever got before the change....

I dont do PVP, only NM.

I admit I have a few items that increase the drop rate but my guess is they might total to 50% if I am lucky. I use mostly rare armor/weapons on my cav units. If points are there I will upgrade a few pieces of armor to epic.

Anyway, just FYI. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: drop rate is messed up   drop rate is messed up I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

drop rate is messed up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: General Discussion for Battle Conquest-
Jump to: