Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Drop Rate on items

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tibr

Tibr

Drop Rate on items Empty
PostSubject: Drop Rate on items   Drop Rate on items I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 2:40 am

The drop rate system has been of a rather mysterious nature all the time. With plenty of misconceptions, theories and assumptions.

The following is a sum up of dev quotes about drop rate Smile

Drop rate explained by Runeslayer:

Quote :
Let's analyze the words "Drop" and "Rate" together.
Drop: When something is dropped. When used in online games it refers to an item that a mob "drops" when it is killed.
Rate: A measure of the frequency of occurrence of a given event, such as a "Drop" as explained above.
So, a Drop Rate, in our case and by using the explanation above, would actually refer to the frequency of occurrence of finding a fragment in battle.

The base chance to get a drop without any gear is as follows:

Quote :
Easy: No drop
Normal: 45%
Hard: 50%
Nightmare: 52%
Insane: 56%
Suicide: 60%

The drop gear you use is determining whether you get a fragment as reward or not.
To have a guaranteed fragment drop you need a total drop rate bonus from your items of:

Normal: 123%
Hard: 100%
Nightmare: 93%
Insane: 79%
Suicide: 67%

Now in addition you have a chance to get a second fragment as reward IF you have more drop gear bonus from your items than stated above. The drop chance for that second fragment is maximum 50%.

To reach a guaranteed first fragment + have 50% chance to get that second fragment you need a total of:

Normal: 234%
Hard: 200%
Nightmare: 189%
Insane: 168%
Suicide: 150%

Having a higher cumulative bonus from your items than that wont be taken into account. Coops will never drop a second fragment. Easy does not drop fragments at all.

So far we have covered the probability of a fragment to drop, any fragment.
The rarity of said fragment is definitely depending on the difficulty you play.

Here is a quote from Xargos:

Quote :
Each quality has it's own fixed percentage depending on the difficulty and it is not affected by Drop Rate % bonuses.

Do following factors increase the drop rate/frag rarity?

- MVP
- Generals performance Good/Excellent
- Number of units taken to battle
- Level of own units = level of AI units = their gearscore/quality of AI items

Quote by Runeslayer:

Quote :
No
No
Yes
No

Reference link to the discussion: http://www.battleconforum.com/t1664-really-bad-luck-or-bug
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

Drop Rate on items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Rate on items   Drop Rate on items I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 4:38 am

Good work Tibr Smile

I'd like to know the chance of rarity based on difficulty too..... if that will ever happen Smile
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

Drop Rate on items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Rate on items   Drop Rate on items I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 2:18 pm

XViper wrote:
Good work Tibr Smile

I'd like to know the chance of rarity based on difficulty too..... if that will ever happen Smile

Would it be possible to conduct a test on the drop rates and drop rarity, would be nice with some kind of statistic on this matter!?(Maybe its impossible, if we don't know all factors?)

I'm getting tired of the uncommon banner fragment drops on nightmare and insane!  No 
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Drop Rate on items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Rate on items   Drop Rate on items I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 2:28 pm

Boboknack wrote:
XViper wrote:
Good work Tibr Smile

Would it be possible to conduct a test on the drop rates and drop rarity, would be nice with some kind of statistic on this matter!?(Maybe its impossible, if we don't know all factors?)

I'm getting tired of the uncommon banner fragment drops on nightmare and insane!  No 

Devs said that they won´t give us the factors that affect quality drop to prevent exploitation but I think the ap, the number of units, and the kind of units in combat affect the chance of getting better items (I feel I get better frags when I send 4 HI and 2 CAV and 4 LIs than 2 HI and 2 CAV with 4 archers) so I think that sending higher quality units HI and CAV and more units (10 instead of eight) and higher ap probably increase the chance of getting better frags but I am not sure of anything need testing and careful observation. (probably recourse building levels can affect that too???)
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

Drop Rate on items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Rate on items   Drop Rate on items I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 2:54 pm

Juggernaut wrote:
Boboknack wrote:
XViper wrote:
Good work Tibr Smile

Devs said that they won´t give us the factors that affect quality drop to prevent exploitation but I think the ap, the number of units, and the kind of units in combat affect the chance of getting better items (I feel I get better frags when I send 4 HI and 2 CAV and 4 LIs than 2 HI and 2 CAV with 4 archers) so I think that sending higher quality units HI and CAV and more units (10 instead of eight) and higher ap probably increase the chance of getting better frags but I am not sure of anything need testing and careful observation. (probably recourse building levels can affect that too???)

Well if the quality of units play a part, I guess bringing artillery would make a difference and this is another reason to change dark artillery to behave more like Light artillery, I find dark artillery useless at the moment, but its all guesswork.(It's just getting demoralizing constantly getting bad drops, I sometimes feel id be better off playing on hard difficulty than on nightmare and Insane) lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Drop Rate on items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Rate on items   Drop Rate on items I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drop Rate on items
Page 1 of 1