Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Let's Discuss Drop Rate :D

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Savvage

Savvage

Let's Discuss Drop Rate :D Empty
PostSubject: Let's Discuss Drop Rate :D   Let's Discuss Drop Rate :D I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 4:43 am

Hey, RuneSlayer. I just made a 350 drop rate bonus army, and I recently learnt that the cap for drop rate is 150 % on suicidal? Outrageous!

First of all, even with 150 % is low to get GLs and epics. (I've done 4 suicidal with 350 % drop rate and got 1 epic, 2 rares, and 2 uncommons, horrible, suicidal)

Second of all, it takes much to repair and reforge just items enough to make 150 % drop rate.

Third of all, drop rate is a side bonus, why even make a cap for it?

I demand, for pure reason, to remove every cap there is for drop rate! For the reasons stated above tho Cool  
And if you won't agree, make the cap to at least triple or so, just to get 1 GL frag (I'm guessing per average of 2-4 battles)
Reforging and repairing this items will be very costy :p Peace out albino 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is a private messages I sent to RuneSlayer, has no reply yet.
The general public and devs thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Let's Discuss Drop Rate :D   Let's Discuss Drop Rate :D I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 6:02 am

Savvage wrote:
Hey, RuneSlayer. I just made a 350 drop rate bonus army, and I recently learnt that the cap for drop rate is 150 % on suicidal? Outrageous!

First of all, even with 150 % is low to get GLs and epics. (I've done 4 suicidal with 350 % drop rate and got 1 epic, 2 rares, and 2 uncommons, horrible, suicidal)

Second of all, it takes much to repair and reforge just items enough to make 150 % drop rate.

I demand, for pure reason, to remove every cap there is for drop rate! For the reasons stated above tho Cool  
And if you won't agree, make the cap to at least triple or so, just to get 1 GL frag (I'm guessing per average of 2-4 battles)

You're going to get "bad" drops for the difficulty and gear you use...yesterday I ran all suicides and got 2 GL banners...that is 51+ runs with 76+ drops (probably)...I was probably using closer to 200% DR...I don't know if you consider that to be a poor haul or not.

Previously we could only get 1 drop from suicide, when the change was made it was stated that the cap would be 150%.

The longevity of equipment was drastically increased, I don't think you would run into many scenarios where you have more GLs that need repair than GL frags to do so, except artifacts, if you pace yourself appropriately.

I don't know if you meant 3X the DR GEAR cap or 3X the DR cap period, but you're asking for 3-4 drops minimum and 4-5 maximum with each suicide win...that seems excessive. You're also asking for a minimum of 450% DR gear (or up to 750% DR gear) to allow for that...seems like you're asking to just remove the cap, first explicitly and then effectively.

As you can likely tell, I have no problem with the system as it is on suicide...I think it is fair and the rewards appropriate for the challenge.
Back to top Go down
Savvage

Savvage

PostSubject: Re: Let's Discuss Drop Rate :D   Let's Discuss Drop Rate :D I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 6:19 am

ysosad wrote:
Savvage wrote:

You're going to get "bad" drops for the difficulty and gear you use...yesterday I ran all suicides and got 2 GL banners...that is 51+ runs with 76+ drops (probably)...I was probably using closer to 200% DR...I don't know if you consider that to be a poor haul or not.

Previously we could only get 1 drop from suicide, when the change was made it was stated that the cap would be 150%.

The longevity of equipment was drastically increased, I don't think you would run into many scenarios where you have more GLs that need repair than GL frags to do so, except artifacts, if you pace yourself appropriately.

I don't know if you meant 3X the DR GEAR cap or 3X the DR cap period, but you're asking for 3-4 drops minimum and 4-5 maximum with each suicide win...that seems excessive. You're also asking for a minimum of 450% DR gear (or up to 750% DR gear) to allow for that...seems like you're asking to just remove the cap, first explicitly and then effectively.

As you can likely tell, I have no problem with the system as it is on suicide...I think it is fair and the rewards appropriate for the challenge.

My, 2 GL banners is bad :O

Yes, I'd much prefer to remove the cap for a side bonus O.o, but I don't tihnk the devs will allow that, so just make the caps higher. Since also the max DR you can bring is around 888ish.

Leaving the cap of DR on gear (22 %) is OK, but it's the 150 % cap! 150% is kinda low to begin with.

Maybe if the devs tell us some exact number of percentage for the various fragments top drop? And how DR will effect them in all way, thanks  albino 

Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Let's Discuss Drop Rate :D   Let's Discuss Drop Rate :D I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 6:53 am

Believe it or not, there is a guide (even with a link to old drop rate whine topic) that was meant to prevent the community to chew through the issue over and over and over again. http://www.battleconforum.com/t1756-drop-rate-on-items
Back to top Go down
Savvage

Savvage

PostSubject: Re: Let's Discuss Drop Rate :D   Let's Discuss Drop Rate :D I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 6:57 am

Tibr wrote:
Believe it or not, there is a guide (even with a link to old drop rate whine topic) that was meant to prevent the community to chew through the issue over and over and over again. http://www.battleconforum.com/t1756-drop-rate-on-items
I already read that. The problem now is low DR, read up =)
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: Let's Discuss Drop Rate :D   Let's Discuss Drop Rate :D I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 7:05 am

Savvage wrote:
ysosad wrote:
Savvage wrote:

My, 2 GL banners is bad :O

Yes, I'd much prefer to remove the cap for a side bonus O.o, but I don't tihnk the devs will allow that, so just make the caps higher. Since also the max DR you can bring is around 888ish.

Leaving the cap of DR on gear (22 %) is OK, but it's the 150 % cap! 150% is kinda low to begin with.

Maybe if the devs tell us some exact number of percentage for the various fragments top drop? And how DR will effect them in all way, thanks  albino 

Drop rate only effects the chance a frag (or two frags) will drop. It does not effect the possible rarities of the drop. That much is predetermined by the difficulty.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Let's Discuss Drop Rate :D   Let's Discuss Drop Rate :D I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 7:06 am

You are misusing the word DR, lean towards devs definition, then everyone knows what the talk is about.

The quality of drops didnt change (i havent read anything about it). It was good when gl items had 60-70 dur. And now that they have 80-99 dur the reforge needs even went down ... so if anything, the devs would be entitled to lower the quality of drops by 10-15%. Asking for an increase is just out of any proportions after such significant boost.
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Let's Discuss Drop Rate :D   Let's Discuss Drop Rate :D I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 7:09 am

Savvage wrote:
Tibr wrote:
I already read that. The problem now is low DR, read up =)

Yeah, I don't see a comprehensive breakdown of the default drop chances of frag rarities by game mode and difficulty.

The only thing I saw was an outdated statement that the DR of GLs in NM, Coop and PvP was around 0.3%...but again, it is outdated and certainly those DR's have changed on PvP if nothing else.

Whatever the case may be, I still think that the chances of a drop and the chances of a high quality frag drop are very good on Suicide...even without knowing the odds of the latter.
Back to top Go down
Savvage

Savvage

PostSubject: Re: Let's Discuss Drop Rate :D   Let's Discuss Drop Rate :D I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 7:17 am

[/quote]

Drop rate only effects the chance a frag (or two frags) will drop. It does not effect the possible rarities of the drop. That much is predetermined by the difficulty.[/quote]
Whaat? That's terrible! Who said?
If that is the case, no one would bring 150 % DR at all for a second uncommon frag drop?!?! (unleashes rage Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: Let's Discuss Drop Rate :D   Let's Discuss Drop Rate :D I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 7:45 am

Savvage wrote:
Whaat? That's terrible! Who said?
If that is the case, no one would bring 150 % DR at all for a second uncommon frag drop?!?! (unleashes rage Very Happy)

The second drop has the same chances to be high quality as the first drop. So there is no reason not to maximize your chances (up to the cap).
Back to top Go down
Oingoboingo

PostSubject: Re: Let's Discuss Drop Rate :D   Let's Discuss Drop Rate :D I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 7:48 am

Savvage - It's still very beneficial to bring 150 DR as you essentially double your chances of getting a good frag. Another way to look at it is that you will now be collecting frags twice as quickly, so even though the chance of getting a GOOD frag hasn't changed, you will earn them more quickly.

I think this is a tweak that should/could be worked on once all of the (inevitable) kinks have been worked out on Hades. I think the devs are probably up to their eyeballs in prep work. Shocked Razz  
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Discuss Drop Rate :D   Let's Discuss Drop Rate :D I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's Discuss Drop Rate :D
Page 1 of 1