Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information?

Go down 
+14
Ulfriden III
tonio21
Metalsiagon
Strachu
XViper
Tops
Steinhund
Adex
kqlkql
Boboknack
klaas
krawehl
RuneSlayer
Narmis
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Narmis

Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information? Empty
PostSubject: Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information?   Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 2:17 pm

I know Agincourt Gaming are a bunch of spineless cowards that don't want to communicate anything about the status of this game, but isn't there any information the devs can provide?

Will support for this game ever return? Since the devs aren't actually Agincourt employees, is there any way the devs could take over the game from Agincourt, if they're done with it?

This is a well-loved game by many.

Most city-builders are way too complicated and time consuming....figuring out where to put a stupid farm...figuring out how many buildings of different types to build....I don't want that. This was simple city-building that you still had to earn.

Most fighting games involve no strategy....it just matters how fast you can aim your mouse and how fast you can click your finger...those bore me to tears. This was a solid fighting strategy game...the best one I've found in online gaming.

But with the devs not being allowed to make simple changes that could restore the fairness and fun of the game (like nerfing the AI armies and excluding farmers from the bonus algorithm), this game has become ridiculously frustrating.

Enough darkies have stepped up and enough top lighties have left that this could be a really good war if only the bonus system were fixed. But if nothing is ever going to get fixed, I'd rather they just shut down the servers instead of continuing on with this farce.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information?   Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 11:18 pm

Unfortunately Narnis, there is nothing we can do about Battle Conquest at this point. While we were responsible for the designing, development and support of this game from the very beginning, recent decisions made by the company which owns the IP, have taken the reins of this game out of our hands.

I have yet to make an official announcement, but I can confirm that me and my team are no longer responsible for Battle Conquest's support, maintenance and further development.

I cannot know Agincourt's plans for this game or Kingdoms Age. Whether they will shut it down, continue its development or not, that is their decision and I can personally not talk on their behalf.

I owe you all an official announcement, which I haven't made yet because I want to believe that there is still some hope. However, as days pass and with no change in the current status, I'm afraid that the day of my announcement comes closer and closer.
Back to top Go down
krawehl

PostSubject: Re: Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information?   Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 2:00 am

Dear Rune,

thanks for the update and, more importantly, thanks to you and your team for the wonderful work you have done with BC. Like many others I found this game to be unique and special. The strategic depth, the open (if at times strenuous) dialogue with players, treating the game as a project run by people who love gaming rather than as a product that extracts maximum profit at the expense of creative intelligence (as we see all too often), all of this contributed to an experience that truly stands out.

I understand that these recent developments put you in a difficult position, and I believe you have handled things with an admirable degree of professionalism. Rest assured that the loyalties of the player base lie with you and your team, and I am sure that whatever project you will pursue next, be it BC in some form or something new, many of us will be curious and supportive. No matter how things develop, please do keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information?   Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 2:31 am

krawehl wrote:
Dear Rune,

thanks for the update and, more importantly, thanks to you and your team for the wonderful work you have done with BC. Like many others I found this game to be unique and special. The strategic depth, the open (if at times strenuous) dialogue with players, treating the game as a project run by people who love gaming rather than as a product that extracts maximum profit at the expense of creative intelligence (as we see all too often), all of this contributed to an experience that truly stands out.

I understand that these recent developments put you in a difficult position, and I believe you have handled things with an admirable degree of professionalism. Rest assured that the loyalties of the player base lie with you and your team, and I am sure that whatever project you will pursue next, be it BC in some form or something new, many of us will be curious and supportive. No matter how things develop, please do keep us posted!

*bows*

You can be certain of that....rest assured that we haven't been idle all this time. More on that, very soon...
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information?   Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 3:24 am

<-- not much to add to krawehl's statement. if anything: thanks. it's been a damned good run.
Back to top Go down
Narmis

PostSubject: Re: Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information?   Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 7:45 am

Thank for the update, RuneSlayer. I figured that the dev team was having their hands tied by Agincourt, which is a shame. As many others have already done, I just wanted to thank you for the game you put out.

And do please post to the forum whenever you and your team come out with a game of your own. If the game mechanics are anything at all similar to Battle Conquest, then I know it will be better than 99% of the junk games out there.
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information?   Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 10:31 am

Sad news indeed! No
Back to top Go down
kqlkql

PostSubject: thanks   Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 1:46 pm

as usual. Kraw articulates our mood exceptionally well...crowd funding anyone? Smile

again, thanks... the game is great...i am curious as to why owners feel need to abandon it as we all agree it is a unique and very playable game...i have been searching for a game BC alum can migrate to en masse...and hopefully cause a riot...but there are few games with the depth and complexity of this one...i have said it before..i say it again..thank you. i have had fun.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information?   Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 11:13 pm

kqlkql wrote:
as usual. Kraw articulates our mood exceptionally well...crowd funding anyone? Smile

again, thanks... the game is great...i am curious as to why owners feel need to abandon it as we all agree it is a unique and very playable game...i have been searching for a game BC alum can migrate to en masse...and hopefully cause a riot...but there are few games with the depth and complexity of this one...i have said it before..i say it again..thank you. i have had fun.

Hopefully the new "world" we are creating will be able to seduce you all... Smile
Back to top Go down
Adex

PostSubject: Re: Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information?   Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 1:30 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

Hopefully the new "world" we are creating will be able to seduce you all... Smile

Thx Rune, you give us hope! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Narmis

PostSubject: Re: Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information?   Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 9:53 am

RuneSlayer:

I know you can't commit to anything, and things change, but any idea about a ballpark timeline of this new "world" you alluded to? Are we talking 3 months? 6 months? A year? Longer?

Just hoping to get an idea about when my depression will end No

Back to top Go down
Steinhund

Steinhund

PostSubject: Re: Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information?   Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 8:32 am

well i mailed u a few weeks ago @runeslayer..(atm not answerd)

it was a request about the guild-rights..,but if i understand it right ,than there is no support team atm?

(if the mail is lost in the system im ready to write another one if that helps)

greetings
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information?   Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 12:23 pm

Narmis wrote:
RuneSlayer:

I know you can't commit to anything, and things change, but any idea about a ballpark timeline of this new "world" you alluded to?  Are we talking 3 months?  6 months?  A year?  Longer?

Just hoping to get an idea about when my depression will end   No

Well, I know how you don't want to hear it...but there is no release date yet. Smile However, we will be able to reveal what we are working on soon(ish).

Steinhund wrote:
well i mailed u a few weeks ago @runeslayer..(atm not answerd)

it was a request about the guild-rights..,but if i understand it right ,than there is no support team atm?

(if the mail is lost in the system im ready to write another one if that helps)

greetings

I'm not aware of whether there is a support team or not, but we are definitely not "it". Smile I am sorry Steinhund...
Back to top Go down
Tops

PostSubject: Re: Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information?   Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 5:37 am

Hey Rune, just got a couple of questions I find super important:

1) How exactly did things end up stuck in the hands of Agincourt? I'm not aware of if they bought you out, or if you started out under them and they just decided to be dicks all of a sudden

2) Much more importantly, when are you guys gonna do something without them so we can have our precious devs back? I know Battle Conquest and Kingdoms Age are your babies, but if Agincourt is gonna act like this about both of them then maybe you guys should get your own thing going or at least find a new publisher
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information?   Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 7:59 am

Tops wrote:
Hey Rune, just got a couple of questions I find super important:

1) How exactly did things end up stuck in the hands of Agincourt? I'm not aware of if they bought you out, or if you started out under them and they just decided to be dicks all of a sudden

2) Much more importantly, when are you guys gonna do something without them so we can have our precious devs back? I know Battle Conquest and Kingdoms Age are your babies, but if Agincourt is gonna act like this about both of them then maybe you guys should get your own thing going or at least find a new publisher

BC was always Agincourt's IP. There was no acquisition involved.

We have been working on our own game engine several months now. We should be ready to show you people what we are working on in a few weeks. Hopefully, by then, I may have some more news.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information?   Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 7:37 pm

@RuneSlayer:
Is there any chance that funds given to Agincourt for the purpose of Battle Conquest will be able to be used (even if only 'in part') in Kingdoms Age?

Seeing as Battle Conquest is basically being left to die, I see no reason to do anything with my existing 6000 gems, and I feel its an investment into a game that I thought had a long future with continued improvements, that is now entirely worthless.

We have now all learnt the truth is entirely the opposite, and I essentially have a bunch of money sitting in a 'dead' game, to which I only invested due to the high regard and faith in which I did (and still do) hold to you and your development team.

If you could discuss this possibility with Agincourt that would be appreciated. Right now it really feels like the company is giving a big "fuck you" to their player base, despite the best efforts of you and your team.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information?   Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 12:12 am

XViper wrote:
@RuneSlayer:
Is there any chance that funds given to Agincourt for the purpose of Battle Conquest will be able to be used (even if only 'in part') in Kingdoms Age?

Seeing as Battle Conquest is basically being left to die, I see no reason to do anything with my existing 6000 gems, and I feel its an investment into a game that I thought had a long future with continued improvements, that is now entirely worthless.

We have now all learnt the truth is entirely the opposite, and I essentially have a bunch of money sitting in a 'dead' game, to which I only invested due to the high regard and faith in which I did (and still do) hold to you and your development team.

If you could discuss this possibility with Agincourt that would be appreciated. Right now it really feels like the company is giving a big "fuck you" to their player base, despite the best efforts of you and your team.

As I mentioned in several posts of mine, Kingdoms Age development has stopped as well. For any questions you may have, please refer to Agincourt Gaming LLC. as me and my team are not responsible for support any longer.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information?   Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 1:52 am

Oh, oops. I must have missed that bit.

Well that sucks! I was looking forward to that Sad
Back to top Go down
krawehl

PostSubject: Re: Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information?   Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 3:46 am

XViper wrote:

Greener pastures may await us in the realms of Dwarven self-determination Cool

and hi Smile
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information?   Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 4:33 am

krawehl wrote:
XViper wrote:

Greener pastures may await us in the realms of Dwarven self-determination Cool

and hi Smile

Indeed...sometimes you just need to show an Empyrean Rule so you can witness the Rise of the Ancients. Wink
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information?   Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 10:22 pm

Is there any chance that you change the currant cp bonus system? To make the game fair, light side should get 40% bonus for a month or two.
Now light side has 86 players with cp over 1k, dark side 76 but light side has 32 players with cp over 10k and dark side 40 players. Average cp per battle - light 98 cp, dark 178 cp. PLUS dark side has 40%, its not fair!

Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information?   Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 11:16 pm

Strachu wrote:
Is there any chance that you change the currant cp bonus system? To make the game fair, light side should get 40% bonus for a month or two.
Now light side has 86 players with cp over 1k, dark side 76 but light side has 32 players with cp over 10k and dark side 40 players. Average cp per battle - light 98 cp, dark 178 cp. PLUS dark side has 40%, its not fair!

For any questions/suggestions/issues you may have, please refer to Agincourt Gaming LLC. as me and my team are not responsible for the support/operation/maintenance of BC any longer.
Back to top Go down
Metalsiagon

Metalsiagon

PostSubject: Re: Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information?   Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 11:19 pm

Is there a direct address available, or is it just the jacked-up-beyond-belief homepage for "Agincourt Gaming"?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information?   Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 12:02 am

Metalsiagon wrote:
Is there a direct address available, or is it just the jacked-up-beyond-belief homepage for "Agincourt Gaming"?

Well, they haven't provided us with a different address, so I assume that is the one.
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information?   Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 2:01 am

Did someone mail Agincour?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information?   Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can the Devs please provide some tidbit of information?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next