Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation

Go down 
+9
Fyrr
mitrac
Oingoboingo
Pulkit
Strachu
ysosad
Damastas
Ulfriden
RuneSlayer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Oingoboingo

Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 10:35 am

I like how the AI armies are hitting now. They are strong (as they should be) but not completely devastating. They can actually make an impact on a region that is close to being held or flipping near the end of a cycle and that makes the gameplay more fun IMO. When they were doing several hundred CPs per attack they were completely irrelevant, even more so with the new cp caps.

<slightly off topic>If anything, it kind of makes me interested in re-introducing the mercenary armies but ONLY if they attack when hired (not a random attack against light or dark) and IF they can be destroyed/actively defended against. </slightly off topic>
Back to top Go down
mitrac

mitrac

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 11:17 am

Yes, the capital armies have been hitting hard for two weeks. I have been doing damage control for two weeks as a result. Just because I didn't write about it on the forum till now doesn't mean that the heavy damage of AI is justified. What kind of logic is that? Seems like a backhanded sleight against me, like I'm not paying enough attention to the forums. That point is irrelevant even if true.

Ten suicides in 30 minutes? Well, I don't know about other players, but I can't do that. Not even close. Such statistics looks like quantification, but those numbers are not realistic, average, or accurate.

Here is the force of my argument, and after this I won't post about it again:

Regardless of the notion that "realism" is achieved when capital armies are large, it isn't interesting game play, Rune. They are not insignificant opponents, and they do not represent the efforts of our foes.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:10 pm

Well mitrac, here you.. umm.. you're talking somewhat from the perspective that light horse keeps hitting your regions? I don't think it's an argument against horse's cps though. But it sort of shows how the choice of horse's targets is sometimes crazy.

Rune wrote:
A Capital Army needs around 10-15 mins to move from Region to Region, in order to reach its destination and another 45 - 60 mins (if I am not mistaken) to conduct a battle.
!!! so that's some sort of randomness in travel/battle times too? Basically meaning that horse can hit in 4 hrs or in 3 or in 5 and we wouldn't guess? Could you check sometime..?

And.. since it hits for max 35% now.. as discussed elsewhere by yso, even at 80% the middle regions aren't safe. So at this point it does seem a biiiiit overdone (why not make it do X% absolute max regardless of container, such as 40% of a region?.. on top of container thing.. so I think it'd do less on further regions, but a bit more manageable in the middle). Still way better than having no impact.

How about keeping the CPs the same but hitting a few targets for a % of its total power? Such as having 9k cp output, hitting 3 regions 3k each. It's kinda dangerous, but also more interesting to choose which region to save if all are impossible to keep..  cheers
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:28 pm

mitrac wrote:
Yes, the capital armies have been hitting hard for two weeks. I have been doing damage control for two weeks as a result. Just because I didn't write about it on the forum till now doesn't mean that the heavy damage of AI is justified. What kind of logic is that? Seems like a backhanded sleight against me, like I'm not paying enough attention to the forums. That point is irrelevant even if true.

I merely stated a fact. We monitored total CPs generated by both Factions for the past weeks and it was decided that the Capital Armies needed the extra strength.

Fyrr wrote:
!!! so that's some sort of randomness in travel/battle times too? Basically meaning that horse can hit in 4 hrs or in 3 or in 5 and we wouldn't guess? Could you check sometime..?

No, there is no randomness. I don't remember all values by heart, so I assumed it was somewhere in between.
Back to top Go down
krawehl

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:39 pm

Fyrr wrote:
It's kinda dangerous, but also more interesting to choose which region to save if all are impossible to keep..  cheers

Darkie mayhem fantasy  Razz 

love the idea btw
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:49 pm

krawehl wrote:
Fyrr wrote:
It's kinda dangerous, but also more interesting to choose which region to save if all are impossible to keep..

Darkie mayhem fantasy  Razz 

love the idea btw

By your logic you're a dark then :p

And yeah since the frontline is so large now and horses do boringly high damage in one region.. *shrugs*

Rune, what do you think of splitting horse targets?
Back to top Go down
Dahk

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 10:48 am

Oy. Ok, after a couple days of the increased capital army output... could we adjust it now! (really like Fyrr's idea of limits to regions) I know it's a middle region, but that dang army just took 37-38% off of our region. Not only does it prevent us from doing anything else except defend our region, it is a massive resource suck. I am guess this is similar to what the lighties when through with the deurgar and drow armies. By the time we repair one region, the army is attacking another of our regions.... I can see how this becomes demoralizing.
Oh, and can the algo be looked at for the dark faction capital army, it seems to be in love with a single region lately.. even though it is 75% dark.. I tried telling them there are other regions that could use defending or attacking, but they just marched right on by me! Rude.
Back to top Go down
ferarith

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 8:38 pm

How about convincing the light army that attacking the south where we are TWO hexes from the enemy capital!!, you know the whole point of the freaking game, instead of hex 112, AGAIN, which is 13 hexes away from the dark capital? Its really annoying watching our army trudge across Hades to uselessly attack 112, which is currently 59% ours!, while the Dark army is wrecking our southern front. I mean even 104, much closer to our capital would be a vastly superior target if the point was for the capital army to actually help us win...
Back to top Go down
Drennalin

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 4:57 am

ferarith wrote:
How about convincing the light army that attacking the south where we are TWO hexes from the enemy capital!!, you know the whole point of the freaking game, instead of hex 112, AGAIN, which is 13 hexes away from the dark capital? Its really annoying watching our army trudge across Hades to uselessly attack 112, which is currently 59% ours!, while the Dark army is wrecking our southern front. I mean even 104, much closer to our capital would be a vastly superior target if the point was for the capital army to actually help us win...

I feel your pain  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2