Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation

Go down 
+9
Fyrr
mitrac
Oingoboingo
Pulkit
Strachu
ysosad
Damastas
Ulfriden
RuneSlayer
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation Empty
PostSubject: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 3:47 am

We have done more changes to the decision making process of the Capital Armies.

The variables for a Capital Army to decide which Region to attack are:

1. Importance of a Region (Added today)

2. Distance of a Region from the Capital

3. Enemy access to a Region (Added today)

4. Balance of Power in a Region

5. Owned or not by the Capital (Added today)

6. Neutral or not

-----
CP generation of the Capital Armies will be calculated daily and it has been reworked as follows:

Base CP of both Capital Armies = Total CP generated by both Factions/Total Active Players = X

Dedication Value for Light Side: Total Light Victories/Active Light Players = Y

Dedication Value for Dark Side: Total Dark Victories/Active Dark Players = Z

Light Capital Army CP per battle = X * Y with a +-5%

Dark Capital Army CP per battle = X * Z with a +-5%

Final Capital Army CP per battle will NEVER surpass the 25% of the Global Regional Container.

As you can understand, the more dedicated a Faction is (the more battles it does), the higher the CP generation of each Capital Armies.

Let us talk in numbers with real data

Yesterday's data:

Light

Active Players: 305
Total Victories: 4005
Total CP: 129.200

Dark

Active Players: 274
Total Victories: 3211
Total CP: 127.000

Capital Army base CP: (129.200+127.000)/(305+274)=256.200/579=442

Dedication Value for Light Side: 4005/305= 13,13

Dedication Value for Dark Side: 3211/274= 11,72

Final Light Capital Army CP per battle: 442*13,13= 5803 (+-5%)

Final Dark Capital Army CP per battle: 442*11,72= 5180 (+-5%)

As a conclusion, I would like to say that the Dark Side is receiving a CP bonus to their battles because it has less population than the Light Side, with the CP bonus determined by the population difference and their activity as described in another thread, and the most active Faction for yesterday, which is the Light Side, would receive a bonus to the Capital Army CP generation. Fair...and square...

Changes will be uploaded with today's patch.

Back to top Go down
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 8:30 am

It seems you have worked hard on it, and i thanks you as always for it.
Now let's check how it will work, i guess it will be a great improvement for the game.
Since now the game will be not the same, a great challenge is awaiting for us!

Let's go to WAR!!! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven 
Back to top Go down
Damastas

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 2:14 am

Well, I know a lot of dark appreciate it. Was SO frustrating seeing our army attack some unimportant peripheral hex while light continued to batter away on central defenses.
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 11:31 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
Final Capital Army CP per battle will NEVER surpass the 25% of the Global Regional Container.

Was this meant to say that a Capital Army attack will never do more than 25% or that the attack will never bring the influence below 25%?

e.g. if a region is at 57% Dark influence and a Capital army attacks generating an arbitrarily high CP amount when it does so, will Dark influence be brought to 32% or 25%?

(If the former, there is a bug. If the latter...completely misunderstood this.)

The example is based on a Light Capital army attack:
http://prntscr.com/4368n1
http://prntscr.com/4368r0
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:21 am

ysosad wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

Was this meant to say that a Capital Army attack will never do more than 25% or that the attack will never bring the influence below 25%?

e.g. if a region is at 57% Dark influence and a Capital army attacks generating an arbitrarily high CP amount when it does so, will Dark influence be brought to 32% or 25%?

The Capital Army will never generate more CP than the 25% of the Regional CP container. If for example the Regional CP container is 32k, a Capital Army will never generate more than 8k CP.
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 1:06 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
ysosad wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

The Capital Army will never generate more CP than the 25% of the Regional CP container. If for example the Regional CP container is 32k, a Capital Army will never generate more than 8k CP.
yesterday dark CA dropped region 95 by 29% form 100% to 71%, for now the CA help light faction coz they are stronger and more active, imbalance problem is getting worse,
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 1:20 am

Strachu wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
ysosad wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

yesterday dark CA dropped region 95 by 29% form 100% to 71%, for now the CA help light faction coz they are stronger and more active, imbalance problem is getting worse,

The population of a Faction does not affect a Capital Army's CP generation. However, the activity/determination of a Faction (i.e. The avg number of battles per player in a Faction) will affect it, providing a bonus.

An active population WILL be rewarded.

Finally, BOTH Capital Armies generate similar CP per battle.
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 1:33 am

I know that Capital Armies generate similar CP and ist OK for me, but with such imbalance of faction, new cp cap for suicides and insane and difference of cp output it may dis-motivate dark faction players.
Light faction can draw hex up to 100% coz we are stronger, for dark faction its far more difficult. I can imagine that they fight very strong for 2 cycle to take hex, draw it up to 90 % and light CA dropped it by 25%.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 1:52 am

Strachu wrote:
I know that  Capital Armies generate similar CP and ist OK for me, but with such imbalance of faction, new cp cap for suicides and insane and difference of cp output it may dis-motivate dark faction players.
Light faction can draw hex up to 100% coz we are stronger, for dark faction its far more difficult. I can imagine that they fight very strong for 2 cycle to take hex, draw it up to 90 % and light CA dropped it by 25%.

There is no imbalance between the two populations. There exists a difference, but this cannot be avoided and it is normal.

The CP bonus has been implemented for this reason exactly, so fewer people with the same effort as more people could generate approximately the same CP.

The changes in Insane and Suicide CP caps are valid for BOTH Factions and they cannot determine the outcome of the war by themselves, because players have only a limited number of battles per x time, while COOPs and PvP are limitless. However, they can play a role to the daily CP generation, so players are urged to do more difficult battles in order to generate more CP.

The Light Side is still having more victories per player, than the Dark Side. They have also substantially increased their CP by probably doing higher difficulty battles.
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 2:11 am

I'm not complaining about it, just wasn't sure how it affect dark faction.
And i love high difficulty battles, give me higher difficulty Smile
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 3:15 am

Strachu wrote:

hehehe...for the time being, just make sure that you do more Suicide battles than the Light Side does. Wink
Back to top Go down
Pulkit

Pulkit

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 3:17 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Strachu wrote:

hehehe...for the time being, just make sure that you do more Suicide battles than the Light Side does. Wink
Ummm Strachu is a lightie...
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 3:25 am

Pulkit wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
Strachu wrote:

Ummm Strachu is a lightie...

In that case, well done!

However, my comment is still valid for the Dark Side.
Back to top Go down
Pulkit

Pulkit

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 3:29 am

Also , do the extra CP gained by CP bonus count towards rankings ??
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 3:35 am

Pulkit wrote:
Also , do the extra CP gained by CP bonus count towards rankings ??

Yes, it does.
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 4:36 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
ysosad wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

OK, then I assume that whatever the influence was before it will change up to 25% once a CA hits.

Yesterday the change was over 30% on the region the Light CA attacked, possibly 32%. I assume the issue would also be happening with the Dark CA, but I did not notice it yet.
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 4:47 am

ysosad wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
ysosad wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

OK, then I assume that whatever the influence was before it will change up to 25% once a CA hits.

Yesterday the change was over 30% on the region the Light CA attacked, possibly 32%. I assume the issue would also be happening with the Dark CA, but I did not notice it yet.
Dark CA did exactly 30% on region 95.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 6:45 am

Strachu wrote:
ysosad wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
ysosad wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

30% or 32% of what?

If the Global Regional Container is 32k, then the max CP that a Capital Army could generate is 8k. Keyword here is "Global Regional Container".

As you well know, some Regional Containers are 60% (the ones in the middle) of the Global Regional Container and some are 140% (close to the Capitals). No matter what the Regional Container is, the Capital Army will never generate more than the 25% of the "Global Regional Container".
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 9:09 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Strachu wrote:
ysosad wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
ysosad wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

30% or 32% of what?

If the Global Regional Container is 32k, then the max CP that a Capital Army could generate is 8k. Keyword here is "Global Regional Container".

As you well know, some Regional Containers are 60% (the ones in the middle) of the Global Regional Container and some are 140% (close to the Capitals). No matter what the Regional Container is, the Capital Army will never generate more than the 25% of the "Global Regional Container".

I have no idea how large the containers are on each region, nor the Global Regional Container size. However...this amounts to allowing up to 41.67% influence damage on a 'middle' region if a CA hits with enough force. If that is the way it is, I suppose we'll have to adapt...but it does seem rather high.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 11:33 am

ysosad wrote:
I have no idea how large the containers are on each region, nor the Global Regional Container size. However...this amounts to allowing up to 41.67% influence damage on a 'middle' region if a CA hits with enough force. If that is the way it is, I suppose we'll have to adapt...but it does seem rather high.

The Global Regional Container is 32k at the moment. The Regions in the middle are at around 60% of that, so approximately 19k.

Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:03 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
ysosad wrote:

The Global Regional Container is 32k at the moment. The Regions in the middle are at around 60% of that, so approximately 19k.

on region 95 light CA put about 7,8 k cp, what is the container of this region?
and yesterday dark CA dropped influence on this region by 29% or 30% - from 100% for light side to 70 or 71% for light side
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:23 pm

Strachu wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
ysosad wrote:

on region 95 light CA put about 7,8 k cp, what is the container of this region?
and yesterday dark CA dropped influence on this region by 29% or 30% - from 100% for light side to 70 or 71% for light side
dark CA attacked region 85, cp 7,8 k, light side influence dropped from about 80% to 47%
Back to top Go down
Oingoboingo

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:52 pm

Strachu wrote:

dark CA attacked region 85, cp 7,8 k, light side influence dropped from about 80% to 47%

WARNING: OingoBoingo will now attempt to do math - proceed at your own risk.  affraid 

If you divide 7,800 by 25% you get 31,200 (or close to the 32,000 Rune said was the size of the global regional container).  I think Strachu's point is that 80%-47% is a 33% absolute drop in influence, which is more than the 25% mentioned earlier.  However, if you divide 7,800 by the starting point of 24,960 (80% * 31,200) you get around 31%, which is closer to the actual drop witnessed.  SO, it seems like the armies do a maximum of 25% damage based on the entire container size, but that damage is then applied to the amount of absolute influence controlled by the opposing faction.  

How bad did I just mess this up?  scratch
Back to top Go down
mitrac

mitrac

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 9:58 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
ysosad wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

WHY do the AI armies have to generate so many cps? Why is this necessary? We are constantly doing damage control from 8k-9k damage from the AI rather than fighting against our actual living opponents. With the loss in players, making up this many cps takes all our time. There is no strategy other than to defend against the AI Horse. This is not interesting game play. Can we cut the AI back to 1/10 of this? 8-900 cps? Please finish your calculations by moving the decimal point one place to the left!
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 10:07 am

mitrac wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
ysosad wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

WHY do the AI armies have to generate so many cps? Why is this necessary? We are constantly doing damage control from 8k-9k damage from the AI rather than fighting against our actual living opponents. With the loss in players, making up this many cps takes all our time. There is no strategy other than to defend against the AI Horse. This is not interesting game play. Can we cut the AI back to 1/10 of this? 8-900 cps? Please finish your calculations by moving the decimal point one place to the left!

A high lvl player is capable of generating 350-400 and even more CP per battle. 10 suicide battles in around 30-45 mins will generate 3.5k - 4k CP. A Capital Army needs around 10-15 mins to move from Region to Region, in order to reach its destination and another 45 - 60 mins (if I am not mistaken) to conduct a battle. Considering the fact that a Capital Army has to pass through multiple Regions, therefore multiples of 10-15 mins, then we can easily assume that in 4-6 hours it will complete one run.
It is illogical for a Capital Army, which represents a much greater force than a player's army, to generate 800 - 900 CP in 4-6 hours, when a player can generate 3.5k - 4k CP in less than 45 mins.

Both Capital Armies hit hard, so this is not something that only your Faction has to face.

Lastly, but not least, the Capital Armies have been hitting hard for the past 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation   Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Capital Armies Decision Making and CP Generation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next