Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Capital Armies

Go down 
+4
Drennalin
Damastas
Johntheright
Narmis
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Narmis

Capital Armies Empty
PostSubject: Capital Armies   Capital Armies I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 9:25 am

Does anybody else think the Capital Armies are way too overpowered now? Maxing out at over 11K CPs, which translates to 37-38% on a hex, just seems ridiculously high to me.

While the Dark Faction seems to be putting up a more rigorous fight lately, the Dark Army is almost single-handedly beating back the Light Faction advance in the south. I mean, even if we fight to get a hex to 100%, one turn by the Dark Army and, well, oops! Looks like we still need 8-9% to actually take the hex, because the Dark Army would have knocked it down to 62%. And if we actually do take a hex? Don't worry, Dark Faction! Your Dark Army will reclaim the hex in a mere 2 Capital Army battles.

I can't recall the reason for increasing the Capital Army max so drastically, but that, combined with the "smarter" targeting of the armies, has really led to a stalemate in this war. Strategy talk in our faction doesn't revolve around "how do we beat the Dark Faction", but "how can we trick the Dark Army to fight on a hex so we can actually gain some forward ground"?

I think the Capital Army max should be lowered to around 7K CPs. If not, then the targeting should be a little "dumber" again so that at least every once in a while we have a chance to take a hex in the south.

That's my opinion, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

Capital Armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies   Capital Armies I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 3:11 pm

I feel the same way : AI-armies (at least close to their capital) are way too OP.

I'd like to give a suggestion I read in global chat today. Drennalin and Strachu were talking and mentioned a "king of the hill"-version of the map. Not 2 capitals with all the difficulties that go along with it, but simply 1 goal in the center of the map. 1 Goal to conquer for both factions.
Back to top Go down
Damastas

Capital Armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies   Capital Armies I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 12:01 am

Light Army just hit Hex 90 (which was well red) for 47%, dropping it to 20% just before clockover.

Dark Army is hitting Hex 51, which is 73% dark ALREADY.

THIS IS BEYOND RIDICULOUS. WE KEEP BRINGING THIS UP AND ITS STILL BAD.

If devs can't fix the armies, they need to just get rid of them. FFS.
Back to top Go down
Drennalin

Capital Armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies   Capital Armies I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 12:39 am

or several dark and light armies each with much lower caps so that no one hex takes an 11k hit. I find odd that 1) they never lose and 2) they always seem to get the 11k. Not very random guys.

Dren
Back to top Go down
PaddyK69

Capital Armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies   Capital Armies I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 1:02 am

Agreed, the current Capitol Army system is flawed.... However I would like to add ( re: Narmis ) that the Dark Faction IS putting up a more rigorous fight lately, therefore, it is not our Capitol Army that is "single handedly" taking the South for us. We do have some very dedicated fighters, believe it or not Light peeps. Thanks, Paddy.
Back to top Go down
Narmis

Capital Armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies   Capital Armies I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 7:17 am

Paddy: I did try to acknowledge that the Dark Faction is fighting much harder and putting up good resistance these days. I didn't mean to offend. But with the Southern front so close to the Dark Capital, there are some cycles where the Dark Army can get in 2 or even 3 battles, which can account for 74-111% on a hex. That, to me, is single-handedly beating back the Southern assault, regardless of whether any Dark Faction fighters do anything in the south. Frankly, it seems that you guys know the Dark Army will do a lot of the work in the south, which allows a lot of your fighters to focus up north lately.

Damastas: This is exactly my point...the light army should also not be able to single-handedly claim a hex in one battle. To me, the Capital Armies should be significant players in HELPING to claim or defend a hex...they shouldn't be able to do it all by themselves, which is how they are working right now.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

Capital Armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies   Capital Armies I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 9:01 am

The new capital armies would be amazing if they were destructible and under guild control. They seem way too strong for a regular "unupgraded" AI mob.
Back to top Go down
Drennalin

Capital Armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies   Capital Armies I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 9:43 am

Tibr wrote:
The new capital armies would be amazing if they were destructible and under guild control. They seem way too strong for a regular "unupgraded" AI mob.

Even if it wasn't full control....   a bit of direction might be nice....  like let the guild councils pick a few hexes each and let the AI randomly pick from them perhaps?   Just a thought. They never seem to lose, what's up with that?

Dren
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

Capital Armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies   Capital Armies I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:05 am

Drennalin wrote:
Tibr wrote:

Even if it wasn't full control....   a bit of direction might be nice....  like let the guild councils pick a few hexes each and let the AI randomly pick from them perhaps?   Just a thought.  They never seem to lose,  what's up with that?

Dren

I like the ideas of giving direction and being able to defeat Capital armies. As Dren wrote for the councils to be able to select regions to attack, perhaps also allow them to choose regions to defend.

Each attack cycle guilds could lock in their attack choice and each defense cycle lock in an army defensive region. I should think that there would need to be some limitations as to which guilds could 'vote' perhaps just the top 5 from each Faction?
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

Capital Armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies   Capital Armies I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 1:14 pm

The AI-army is OP atm. The way it contributed and targeted in the 1st map on Everos seems the best to me.
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

Capital Armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies   Capital Armies I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 5:08 am

The capital armies are ridiculous. At the rate the dark army attacks right now it does ~80% the CP in a day as the entire faction does. I have never liked the capital army (Oh boy, let's just dump CP randomly places to screw with the players' plans, yay!) and prefer them when they do about 7 CP.

When this update hit I complained that it was too much random stuff all at once. Actually, I often make this complaint... TEST ONE THING AT A TIME TO AVOID ALL THIS NONSENSE!
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

Capital Armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies   Capital Armies I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 12:56 pm

Also, the armies always seem to do 12360 when they/'re "maxed". Is that a glitch?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Capital Armies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capital Armies   Capital Armies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Capital Armies
Page 1 of 1