Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Player Help -- Understanding Stats and Combat Mechanics

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hegorn

Hegorn

New Player Help -- Understanding Stats and Combat Mechanics Empty
PostSubject: New Player Help -- Understanding Stats and Combat Mechanics   New Player Help -- Understanding Stats and Combat Mechanics I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 6:51 am

-- Understanding Stats and Combat Mechanics --

As a community, we have a rough idea of how some combat mechanics work, but many of the formulas still elude us. I'll post as much info as I can here.

All this information has come from various communications with the Devs and patch notes. If you see new information from a dev chat, or ingame dev chats, please feel free to post it here and I will update this post and credit you in the post below.

Updated: 2013-Jun-4

====
About Stats and Stat Caps/Maxes:
  • The formulas for how stats like Melee/Strength/Armor/Endu interact with each other are currently unknown, so we do not know how to value or compare many of them against each other yet. e.g. We do not know which is better - Melee or Strength.
  • Stat caps are hard limits on some stats. The stat number will turn red when you exceed the cap.
  • Google Spreadsheet of unit stats -- http://goo.gl/Q6NFH
  • Google Spreadsheet of max stats per unit  -- [url=http://goo.gl/pDU4n ]http://goo.gl/pDU4n[/url]
  • Dev post on Stat Caps-- http://www.battleconforum.com/t587p45-new-stat-caps-poll#3248

About Hidden Stats:
  • There is a hidden stat called Missile Strength. The base for all Archer type units is 35. The base for Artillery units vary from 60-80.
  • Strength on archer gear adds to Missile Strength up to 65.
  • Almost all units have a base damage of 1.
  • Each unit has multiple attack rolls per round of combat (or attack rolls per volley of arrows).
  • The time between two rounds of combat is based on the unit's Reaction stat (lower is faster).
  • All melee infantry units have up to 5 attack rolls per round per side they are engaged in.
  • Cavalry have either 6 or 8 attack rolls based on the number of troops in the unit.
  • Archers can have more than 5 attack rolls per volley. An exact number is unknown.

About Item Quality and Stats:
  • The numbers below are based on player observations and are probably correct, but may not be 100% accurate.
  • Godlike Items: 3-4 stats. Combat stats range from 15-30. There may be up to 3 combat stats on Godlike items.
  • Epic Items: 2-3 stats. Combat stats range from 10-15.
  • Rare Items: 2 stats. Combat stats range from 5-10.
  • Uncommon Items: 1 stat. Combat stats range from 4-10. Always a combat stat.
  • Common Items: 1 stat. Combat stats range from 1-5. Always a combat stat.
  • Non-combat stats usually follow the same bounds as combat stats, but occasionally go higher by 1-2pts.
  • Movement bonuses on items start at +1 at Rare and goes to +4 at Godlike.
  • +Health is only found on Hero items.

Stats per Item Slot:
  • If you see an item with a stat that is not on this list, please post and let us know? A screenshot would help.
  • All items of quality rare and above can have non-combat stats (+XP%, +Droprate, +Durability).
  • Weapons:Melee, Missile, Range, Strength (2-3 combat stats)
  • Armor:Endurance, Armor (2 combat stats)
  • Banners:Strength, Range, Movement, Morale (3-4 combat stats)
  • Artifacts:Melee, Strength, Endurance, Armor (3-4 combat stats)

====
About "phases" / order of combat:

For Melee:
  • Step 1: Check to Hit - Based on Attacker's Melee Vs Defender's Melee. Modified by Morale.
  • Step 2: Check to Damage - Attacker's Strength Vs Defender's Endurance.
  • Step 3: Armor Save - Based on Defender's Armor. Attacker's Strength affects this roll.

For Range:
  • Step 1: Check to Hit - Based on Attacker's Missile Skill. Modified by Distance to target. The distance penalty is proportional to the range stat of the unit. It is not a fixed value per unit of range.
  • Step 2: Check to Damage - Attacker's Missile Strength (hidden stat. Base 30) Vs Defender's Endurance.
  • Step 3: Armor Save - Based on Defender's Armor. Attacker's Missile Strength affects this roll.

====
About Morale and Fleeing:
  • There is a roll that occurs whenever a unit dies. Morale affects this roll. Failed rolls cause the unit to break and start fleeing.
  • Some units have the ability "Unbreakable" and cannot flee due to morale effects. Generals can manually order any unit to flee by clicking the "Flee" button in the combat UI (lower right corner - circle with a banner inside).
  • Morale is gained slowly over time if your unit is fleeing.
  • Morale is gained whenever your unit breaks another unit and causes it to flee.
  • Morale is gained whenever your units kill enemy units. How this morale is distributed to your units is not precisely known.
  • Units may recover from fleeing on their own. Heroes will allow rerolls on failed recovery checks.
  • Morale affects Melee skill (which affects hit chances offensively and defensively). When the enemy's Morale is at 65% then apart from the Morale Check to Flee, it also gets a Morale Check to "Shiver". If it fails, then it will receive a penalty to its Melee for that round. Precise numbers are not publicly known. The Unbreakable ability does not give immunity from Shivers.
  • Heroes provide a free Morale reroll if a unit loses it. They will also reroll a Morale check for rallying.

Effects of Flanking on Morale:
  • Immediately upon flanking a unit, it will sustain a Morale loss and a Melee penalty. Rearing is more devastating than flanking.
  • The melee penalty for being flanked is -10 per side. The melee penalty for being reared is -15. A unit surrounded on all 4 sides is fighting with -35 melee.
  • The melee penalty for the flanked/reared unit will be permanent as long as it is being flanked/reared.
  • The unit that is flanking/rearing will receive a bonus to its Melee for the first 2 rounds of engagement.
  • When a unit breaks another unit to cause it to flee, it will receive some Morale.
  • When a unit rallies, it will receive some Morale depending on its default Morale stat.

====
Helpful Links:
  • Unofficial Community Wiki -- http://battleconquest.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
  • New Player Guide to Co-Op Battles
  • Google Spreadsheet of unit stats -- http://goo.gl/Q6NFH
  • Google Spreadsheet of unit abilities -- http://goo.gl/Yzr1T
  • Google Spreadsheet of max stats per unit  -- [url=http://goo.gl/pDU4n ]http://goo.gl/pDU4n[/url]

====

Last edited by Hegorn on Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:32 pm; edited 21 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: New Player Help -- Understanding Stats and Combat Mechanics   New Player Help -- Understanding Stats and Combat Mechanics I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:11 am

Credits:
  • Most of the credit for the info on this thread goes to Runeslayer.
  • YanVicious - for info on item stats among other things.
  • Six - for help with item stats.
Back to top Go down
Gafse

PostSubject: Re: New Player Help -- Understanding Stats and Combat Mechanics   New Player Help -- Understanding Stats and Combat Mechanics I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 7:05 am

I believe the "Hidden Stat" is wrong.

There is no hidden missile strength. Only strength, which affects both ranged and melee. Ever notice that the strength for archers starts at 30? Also does it not seem strange to you that all stats can be improved, but if there is a "hidden missile strength" there is no items to improve it?
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: New Player Help -- Understanding Stats and Combat Mechanics   New Player Help -- Understanding Stats and Combat Mechanics I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 8:37 am

Gafse wrote:
I believe the "Hidden Stat" is wrong.

There is no hidden missile strength. Only strength, which affects both ranged and melee. Ever notice that the strength for archers starts at 30? Also does it not seem strange to you that all stats can be improved, but if there is a "hidden missile strength" there is no items to improve it?
The hidden stat is there according to the devs. There are a few posts to back that up and to back up the base of 30. A quick google will confirm that for you.

I did also catch a dev mentioning that the hidden missile stat gains a portion of the Str stat from weapons. I'm forgetting the exact wording though as it was during an ingame/kong chat, so I have not included it in this guide.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: New Player Help -- Understanding Stats and Combat Mechanics   New Player Help -- Understanding Stats and Combat Mechanics I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 4:33 pm

Updated.

- New stats, New stat caps, and new links to them.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: New Player Help -- Understanding Stats and Combat Mechanics   New Player Help -- Understanding Stats and Combat Mechanics I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 11:03 pm

Can anyone post in how the different types of Artillery work?

How many hits do they generate? How does the 'splash' work?
How many hits are placed on nearby targets?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Player Help -- Understanding Stats and Combat Mechanics   New Player Help -- Understanding Stats and Combat Mechanics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Player Help -- Understanding Stats and Combat Mechanics
Page 1 of 1