Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

scraplist -introduced game mechanics

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wave_Rida

Wave_Rida

scraplist -introduced game mechanics  Empty
PostSubject: scraplist -introduced game mechanics    scraplist -introduced game mechanics  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 4:44 am

On the new map, several game mechanics have been introduced that in the lightest way of wording, affect my personal enjoyment in this game.

1. The chokepoints. Nice idea, and it gives some tactical faction fights, but seems a bit close to the capital.

2. the distance the closer to the capital, the faster the capitals army will attack. Seems logical, that the closer you get to a factions capital, the intenser the fighting gets.

3. Suicide/insane only. This is something I do not get. Relating to any battle, the footsoldiers did the work, not "sollomly the knights". The strength of factions, is in the coordination of the masses, not the elite few.

Combining these three on olympus, gives a very demotivational pictue.

Example:
After having taken region 88, the dark factions members fighting in this region and region 91, were facing the entire light factions force, in combination to a capital army that took about an hour and 20 minutes to get to the battlefield scoring 1.3k cps (20 minutes a hex). And when the dark factions members were able to beat both the faction and the rapidly producing cps pony, suddenly about a 3% of the entire dark faction is allowed to fight in the capitals? Seems a bit too much tbh, nor does it motivate anyone to keep fighting.
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: scraplist -introduced game mechanics    scraplist -introduced game mechanics  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 5:48 am

I think it would all look a lot different by only addressing your 3rd point. It's a complete and utter insult to anyone playing. If any mode should not be allowed in those regions it should be solos but pvp is not balanced and by now because of the eternal stalemate HUGE amounts of population have stopped playing so you have to wait 5 minutes for a coop.
Back to top Go down
Wave_Rida

Wave_Rida

PostSubject: Re: scraplist -introduced game mechanics    scraplist -introduced game mechanics  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 5:51 am

Piktas wrote:
I think it would all look a lot different by only addressing your 3rd point. It's a complete and utter insult to anyone playing. If any mode should not be allowed in those regions it should be solos but pvp is not balanced and by now because of the eternal stalemate HUGE amounts of population have stopped playing so you have to wait 5 minutes for a coop.

Yes, but what annoys me, is that all three points influence eachother. It just seems to appear to me, that developers don't want this game to end this quickly. I totally agree with your statement, but the limitations about capitals and the adjacent regions should apply to both factions instead of only the attacking faction.
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: scraplist -introduced game mechanics    scraplist -introduced game mechanics  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 6:08 am

Well to be fair your second point might as well be turn into a non issue once guild armies are implemented so there's still hope Very Happy

I totally agree that the choke point is too close to the capital and only two lines leading to the capital is overkill.

That said, 3rd point is the biggest problem.

EDIT: and yes the limitations, if there are any, should totally apply to both the attacking and the defending factions.
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

PostSubject: Re: scraplist -introduced game mechanics    scraplist -introduced game mechanics  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 10:40 am

1) I like the chokepoints, and the block in the middle. It reduces choices compared to the open front of the old world. Attacking and defending are both more about 'sections' of the map than driving straight into either the top or bottom side of map. In general they should speed up the game, there will always be a resistance and pushback that intensifies closer to capital as the defending option is increasing forced to attack/defend limited tiles.

2) Like you said, seems logical.

3) This makes more sense on old world, with an established player base that can in fact attack capital. It is still a very big handicap though. I would prefer to see the option for suicide/insane actually removed, instead of being required. For both sides this would mean as you reach the capital total numbers become more overwhelming and the balance of game changes. This phase would require high level players to engage more in whipping and exhorting their lower level guildies and faction mates to higher levels of activity. I have no idea how this would affect balance, and am throwing it out randomly Smile.
Back to top Go down
Wave_Rida

Wave_Rida

PostSubject: Re: scraplist -introduced game mechanics    scraplist -introduced game mechanics  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 12:42 pm

LSLarry wrote:
1) I like the chokepoints, and the block in the middle.  It reduces choices compared to the open front of the old world.  Attacking and defending are both more about 'sections' of the map than driving straight into either the top or bottom side of map.  In general they should speed up the game, there will always be a resistance and pushback that intensifies closer to capital as the defending option is increasing forced to attack/defend limited tiles.
Very true, but they pile up together. as I stated, chokeholds themselves form nice tactical obstacles, like the ones around the mountain. But, close to capital, they pile up. chokehold, rapidly spawning army, and 99% of a faction unable to fight in a region.
Back to top Go down
turtle

PostSubject: Re: scraplist -introduced game mechanics    scraplist -introduced game mechanics  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 2:20 pm

Well in a way it is a good thing that not all can attack, because while the higher level people are moving forward the lower level ones have to make sure their not cut off.
Back to top Go down
Wave_Rida

Wave_Rida

PostSubject: Re: scraplist -introduced game mechanics    scraplist -introduced game mechanics  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 2:34 pm

turtle wrote:
Well in a way it is a good thing that not all can attack, because while the higher level people are moving forward the lower level ones have to make sure their not cut off.

I am guessing you are aiming at erevos. The damage done, by the light higher level players, can be simply undone by a few low level players. That is what annoys me.

You have two parties clash, each at 75% arguably. One side turns out to be stronger, and advances..

What happens next is, that the opposite side, starts fighting harder, since there is pressure on them, but the stronger side can still push we assume....

Then you get to this area, where only the highest players can fight. I do not know about the situation on erevos, but it simply means, that about 99% of the active players able to attack, get stalled on olympus, and that their damage can be undone by a few starters with co ops. Adding to this, there is the rapid spawning horse, and the chokepoint.

seems all a bit too much in favour of the defending party, when you remove the core players ability to deal damage in regions. Seccondly, it acts very demoralising. Chances of conquering that hex? 1%. LEts say we are able to capture it, we will face level 20 troops all of a sudden and again the same restrictions, this time on the capital. And through this entire progress, you still have the rapid spawning horse, about to deal 1.3k cps to a hex.

its way too much of these game mechanics that were implemented to slow the game down, and it seems in my opinion that the effect of one mechanic on another one hasn't been thought through.
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

PostSubject: Re: scraplist -introduced game mechanics    scraplist -introduced game mechanics  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 3:31 pm

I know you feel the problem is made worse by the chokepoint and the army; but it seems like the third point is the most glaring issue. The question boils down to; why? Why is it so much harder to fight at the capital? Is the logic that they don't house bad troops there? Are all the bad troops dead? Does the capital have some sort of 'nobles only' policy and just keep the low level scum out? These are of course silly options, but I have to amuse myself somehow! The accepted answer seems to be "to slow down the game".

The underlying thing about this is, of course, the idea that stalemates are somehow better for the devs? I've never understood this; if the map just resets it's not like they'll lose players or money, is it?
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: scraplist -introduced game mechanics    scraplist -introduced game mechanics  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 5:31 pm

I don't want to make accusations about the devs wanting a stalemate or trying to slow down the game because I don't believe they want too especially after adding this Aether shop. However something about number 3 did bother me. I think Nightmare should be added back to the list of being able to attack Capital regions and the Capitals. I think this provides the attackers with enough of an army to actually do something while it also allows the defending army to continue to defend and not make conquering the capital a walk in the park like I think it shouldn't be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: scraplist -introduced game mechanics    scraplist -introduced game mechanics  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

scraplist -introduced game mechanics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: General Discussion for Battle Conquest-
Jump to: