Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dwarven racial bonus/Elf racial bonus

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Glorfindel

Glorfindel

Dwarven racial bonus/Elf racial bonus Empty
PostSubject: Dwarven racial bonus/Elf racial bonus   Dwarven racial bonus/Elf racial bonus I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 6:37 am

Just to clarify, dwarves receive a 5% reduction on the time to fabricate magic items and a slightly better chance to craft higher quality items when using different fragments (like 2 common 1 uncommon)?

Does this mean they no longer receive the 3% bonus to gold production?

As to the elves, we (Zep and I, and maybe others) feel the 5% reduction in research time isn't that good in respect to other racial bonuses. At no time did we feel that we needed to queue research, we had plenty of time to wait for research so this is pretty useless in our opinion.

Perhaps a 5% reduction in the AMOUNT of resources would work better. This has a finite duration as when all research is finished, there is no benefit anymore, unlike any other racial bonus. Resource bonuses will be constant, as will command points, crafting bonuses, and regeneration. So where this may sound like a lot, in essence it is not. This may also be extrapolated to (Orc?) the race that gets a 5% reduction on the time of construction (though I think this is much more helpful than the research)

Just our opinion Smile
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Dwarven racial bonus/Elf racial bonus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwarven racial bonus/Elf racial bonus   Dwarven racial bonus/Elf racial bonus I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 11:39 am

Quote :
Just to clarify, dwarves receive a 5% reduction on the time to fabricate magic items and a slightly better chance to craft higher quality items when using different fragments (like 2 common 1 uncommon)?

Does this mean they no longer receive the 3% bonus to gold production?

That is correct Glorfindel.

Quote :
As to the elves, we (Zep and I, and maybe others) feel the 5% reduction in research time isn't that good in respect to other racial bonuses. At no time did we feel that we needed to queue research, we had plenty of time to wait for research so this is pretty useless in our opinion.

Perhaps a 5% reduction in the AMOUNT of resources would work better. This has a finite duration as when all research is finished, there is no benefit anymore, unlike any other racial bonus. Resource bonuses will be constant, as will command points, crafting bonuses, and regeneration. So where this may sound like a lot, in essence it is not. This may also be extrapolated to (Orc?) the race that gets a 5% reduction on the time of construction (though I think this is much more helpful than the research)

Just our opinion

Well, it is not a bad idea. Smile
Back to top Go down

Dwarven racial bonus/Elf racial bonus
Page 1 of 1