Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cp bonus and changes

Go down 
+6
Claudandus
ysosad
Damastas
RuneSlayer
Rexxxar
Juggernaut
10 posters

Did cp bonus and changes are balancing things or maked it worse?
Yes, the bonus and changes have helped a lot to balance
Cp bonus and changes I_vote_lcap19%Cp bonus and changes I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 4 ]
Yes it have helped but isn't enough to balance things
Cp bonus and changes I_vote_lcap62%Cp bonus and changes I_vote_rcap
 62% [ 13 ]
I really don´t know
Cp bonus and changes I_vote_lcap10%Cp bonus and changes I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
No, is not helping in anything
Cp bonus and changes I_vote_lcap5%Cp bonus and changes I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
No¡, now things are worse¡
Cp bonus and changes I_vote_lcap4%Cp bonus and changes I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 21

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Cp bonus and changes Empty
PostSubject: Cp bonus and changes   Cp bonus and changes I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 7:27 pm

To be honest I don´t see this cp bonus and changes working so well for the dark side I still see a serious cp generation imbalance, and I want know what do you think about this, did the cp changes and bonus are really helping the dark side and balancing the game? (5 days poll).

And can we know how many active players were on this week and how many cp every faction generated?
Back to top Go down
Rexxxar

Rexxxar

PostSubject: Re: Cp bonus and changes   Cp bonus and changes I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 10:08 pm

Oops....

I chose option 1 but I meant option 2. Why is there no "cancel vote"?

But otherwise I agree with option 2. The Light Side is still pounding us and the cp bonus doesn't help the imbalance a lot but I like the extra cp's nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Cp bonus and changes   Cp bonus and changes I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 2:32 am

FYI, the Light Side is STILL doing more battles (per player) than the Dark Side, hence the difference in CP.
Back to top Go down
Damastas

PostSubject: Re: Cp bonus and changes   Cp bonus and changes I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 4:22 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
FYI, the Light Side is STILL doing more battles (per player) than the Dark Side, hence the difference in CP.

And they STILL have higher morale, and have for some time. Is there a way for you to determine how many inactive players there are per side (inactive = 2 weeks or more since last battle)?

It will take a while to get some darks to come back, if they ever do; and we have no way to contact inactive players outside of the game.

So……what about letting folks pick a race and then having them join whichever faction they want? Or forcing them to the faction that is, at the time of joining, in the minority for active players?
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Cp bonus and changes   Cp bonus and changes I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 4:39 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

Hi Rune,

When the CP bonus is calculated one variable is the daily activity, how is an active player being defined?

Active player: 1) player that generated CP the day before OR 2) player that logged in the day before OR 3) player that fought a battle the day before (would include easy battles and a player that had only losses) OR 4) something else.
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

PostSubject: Re: Cp bonus and changes   Cp bonus and changes I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 5:02 am

As far as I remember the one redeeming quality that balanced the game when there was no population balance nor a CP bonus beyond caps, was the dark faction fighting more battles/player.
Now that even this is gone every further attempt to reach balance via CP related mechanism is bound to be unfair.

Rune is their some data indicating which faction loses more battles, relatively (%) ofc?
Maybe even which race while we are at it?
As an indicator of the amount of game related frustration the players are dealing with.
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Cp bonus and changes   Cp bonus and changes I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 11:48 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

I agree Rune! We are so lazy now, its our fault xD

The fact that my/our guild(Orsinium Juggernauts) is a top 5 guild is ridiculous - and pretty much sums up the problem with the game.

Suggestions for the future:

Next time be proactive when it comes to the game(KA as well) and at least respond to some of the postings in the forum. A lot of the things the game is going through could have been avoided if addressed earlier on.(now its to late)

Well..I was actually going to write some more things down, but it seems futile anyways, so I won't bother. There is no point.  Surprised

Regarding the pole/vote, I think the changes to the CP bonus could have helped the game earlier on, but the patient is dead.
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Cp bonus and changes   Cp bonus and changes I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 11:55 am

Damastas wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

And they STILL have higher morale, and have for some time.  Is there a way for you to determine how many inactive players there are per side (inactive = 2 weeks or more since last battle)?

It will take a while to get some darks to come back, if they ever do; and we have no way to contact inactive players outside of the game.

So……what about letting folks pick a race and then having them join whichever faction they want?  Or forcing them to the faction that is, at the time of joining, in the minority for active players?

Bingo!  cheers 
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Cp bonus and changes   Cp bonus and changes I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 11:19 pm

ysosad wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

Hi Rune,

When the CP bonus is calculated one variable is the daily activity, how is an active player being defined?

Active player: 1) player that generated CP the day before OR 2) player that logged in the day before OR 3) player that fought a battle the day before (would include easy battles and a player that had only losses) OR 4) something else.

Player's login.
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: Cp bonus and changes   Cp bonus and changes I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 12:05 am

that may be a bit of a problem. there is no real way to stop people from just farming. if they like playing that way..
but only a few farmers make the average battle/player drop a lot, factionwide.
would it be possible to have a lower threshold installed, so that, in order to be counted as "active", you need to do e.g. 3 battles?
Back to top Go down
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

PostSubject: Re: Cp bonus and changes   Cp bonus and changes I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 6:09 am

I think the game is balanced now. The light faction is fighting a lot more, this is visible on the map. That's all Wink
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Cp bonus and changes   Cp bonus and changes I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 6:27 am

Ulfriden wrote:
I think the game is balanced now. The light faction is fighting a lot more, this is visible on the map. That's all Wink

Truth be told, we have already delayed the window where users can see stats like that. When it is implemented, you will have a clear view of what is happening and why, including CP bonus, Capital Armies strength, etc.
Back to top Go down
Metalsiagon

Metalsiagon

PostSubject: Re: Cp bonus and changes   Cp bonus and changes I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 6:54 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Truth be told, we have already delayed the window where users can see stats like that. When it is implemented, you will have a clear view of what is happening and why, including CP bonus, Capital Armies strength, etc.
This would be pretty neat to have in game, probably one of the most interesting things I've heard discussed in a while  Very Happy (I love my stats)

Ulfriden wrote:
This entire balance issue wasn't started because Light had an issue with activity Ulf. Rolling Eyes I brought it up last week that there should be a trial period before anyone makes a judgement, I still believe we need to give it a little more time to see the full effects of the bonus.
Back to top Go down
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

PostSubject: Re: Cp bonus and changes   Cp bonus and changes I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 12:49 pm

Metalsiagon wrote:

Ulfriden wrote:
This entire balance issue wasn't started because Light had an issue with activity Ulf. Rolling Eyes I brought it up last week that there should be a trial period before anyone makes a judgement, I still believe we need to give it a little more time to see the full effects of the bonus.

??
u are hard to comprehend sometimes...
what does the activity of the light matter? I mean that the bonus is working well, and cannot be perfected more. If one side is fighting much more than another, nothing can be done. Nothing difficult to understand =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cp bonus and changes   Cp bonus and changes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cp bonus and changes
Page 1 of 1