Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Influencing Regions

Go down 
+4
Chip56
Archer
RuneSlayer
Gorlak
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hegorn

Hegorn

Influencing Regions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 2:54 am

Gorlak wrote:
I was under the impression that fluctuations in population etc, were taken care of by the variation of CPs earned in battle ie that one faction gets +x% CPs more than the other for the same type of battle and the same APs.  Is this still the case (or was it ever)?
Youre correct, but youre also thinking of two different balancing acts that are going on. Looks like thats where the confusion came from.

1)
Like you thought -- the population differences between the two sides is balanced through CP earnings. There are more details in another thread, but there are limits to this balancing to avoid stalemates.

2)
The container size is normalized to total population/activity in the game. Using fake simple numbers, the total active population may have been 1000 when I posted that the CP sizes were 10k. If there are 2100 total active players now, it makes sense to have the CP sizes change to 21k.
Back to top Go down
Gorlak

Gorlak

PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 1:03 am

Thanks for the summary Hegorn, you encapsulated it nicely.

On a related note, since the container size is changed to take into account player power, why do we still have a CP cap? It's not an issue for me but I think those who have earned or parted with cash to obtain GLs deserve to benefit from their full effect. The argument for a cap to stop one player gaining too much influence over the balance of power seems to me to be negated by the dynamic container sizes.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 3:01 am

Gorlak wrote:
On a related note, since the container size is changed to take into account player power, why do we still have a CP cap?
Are you talking about the cap for per battle CP earning? I assumed it was 99 for visual reasons.

Back to top Go down
Gorlak

Gorlak

PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 5:58 am

Hegorn wrote:
Gorlak wrote:
On a related note, since the container size is changed to take into account player power, why do we still have a CP cap?
Are you talking about the cap for per battle CP earning? I assumed it was 99 for visual reasons.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. There are people who can earn quite a bit more than that per battle and it seems unfair to me to penalise them given the cost of GLs either in effort or money or both.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:14 am

CP cap as 99... Well true that some players would earn more CPs per battle if this cap was raised, but! Darkside has way less such players (assuming most players that hit the 99 mark have high barracks and fame, hence are in top pages... Our most of the top 50 or so are either inactive or non-battling, while most top lighties are active). So it would probably lead to balance issues (i.e. lights having more opportunity to get regions). That said, I still think that the cap could be raised in future (soonish lighties time:P).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Influencing Regions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2