Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Influencing Regions

Go down 
+4
Chip56
Archer
RuneSlayer
Gorlak
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gorlak

Gorlak

Influencing Regions Empty
PostSubject: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 2:32 am

I just want to relate an experience I've had recently. For a period of some days/weeks, I was attacking/defending a single region. There were times when I was offline and the CP balance in the region wouldn't move much but, despite this when I came back online and dumped a few hundred CPs into it, I couldn't move it much, if at all. It felt as though the lighties were fighting back as soon as I came online. At the time, I thought this was a strange co-incidence but assumed it was down to some lighties being in the same time zone as myself.

However, I'm now experiencing something similar with different regions and some of my guild mates have had similar experiences too. It seems like we can change the balance initially but after a point, the balance stops moving. The question is, could this just be down to lighties fighting back or is there some kind of limit to how much an individual can change the balance?

Has anyone else had a similar experience? How about on the light side? Can the devs shed some light (no pun intended) on this?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 2:37 am

There is no limit whatsoever to how many CPs a player can gain for a Region.

It is 100% due to the efforts of the other Faction's players fighting in the same Region.
Back to top Go down
Gorlak

Gorlak

PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 2:41 am

That's good to know, thanks for the quick reply!
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 2:43 am

No problem!
Back to top Go down
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 5:36 am

I've experienced quite the same thing
I can't really accept that my efforts are being PERFECTLY matched by darkies during the very low pop times of the night/morning.  I earn 50+ CP each fight, and do 2-3 fights back to back, so thats 150 CP, which should push by 1% assuming no resistance... or even 50cp worth of resistance.  

Can you guys do some internal testing to make sure there isn't a bug that doesn't count CP after a while?

Also--there HAVE been MANY occasions when I do a match and i don't get the CP flag/drop and increase in the counter.  This might just be graphical, but if our CPs aren't being counted they need to be fixed.

I know last night I did more in 34 than it was showing on the 'current leaders' board.

EDIT:perhaps you could add another section to the region info that shows "contributions in the last hour". This would allow us to answer our own questions, and add validity to the 20% swings in 1 hour situations that no one seems to believe possible.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 5:47 am

Archer wrote:
I can't really accept that my efforts are being PERFECTLY matched by darkies during the very low pop times of the night/morning. I earn 50+ CP each fight, and do 2-3 fights back to back, so thats 150 CP, which should push by 1% assuming no resistance... or even 50cp worth of resistance.

In a 21.000 CPs Regional Container, your 150 CP should push by 1%? Do the math again... That is merely a 0.007%.

Archer wrote:
Also--there HAVE been MANY occasions when I do a match and i don't get the CP flag/drop and increase in the counter. This might just be graphical, but if our CPs aren't being counted they need to be fixed.

The Banner not dropping was an old bug, which supposedly was resolved. Have you experienced this issue lately?

Archer wrote:
EDIT:perhaps you could add another section to the region info that shows "contributions in the last hour". This would allow us to answer our own questions, and add validity to the 20% swings in 1 hour situations that no one seems to believe possible.

And then provide an easy to use mechanic to a Faction/Guild to immediately identify rush attacks by the other Faction or even a Guild? That would spoil any rush attacks attempts or well organized attacks plans by a number of players/Guilds.
Back to top Go down
Chip56

PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 5:53 am

Runeslayer: you should do the math again.
You missed the x100 to transfer it into %.

150/21000=0,0071
0,0071*100=0,71%

With your calculation you would need 2100000 points to get the whole 100"%" Wink
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: n   Influencing Regions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 6:02 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
In a 21.000 CPs Regional Container, your 150 CP should push by 1%? Do the math again... That is merely a 0.007%.

0.7% indeed.

it was known for a while that CP pools were quite small Razz(some changes lately relating to that?)

I guess you should remind the container limits now.

and inform us about influence container pools...

RuneSlayer wrote:
The Banner not dropping was an old bug, which supposedly was resolved. Have you experienced this issue lately?

I've seen some occurences after patch of 8th (no animation after battle at all), mostly after regular solos (then again i mostly DO solos..). So that could be not just the lack of animation??? Ugh. Then it would have cost me some 2k of wasted cps x(
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 6:19 am

Chip56 wrote:
Runeslayer: you should do the math again.
You missed the x100 to transfer it into %.

150/21000=0,0071
0,0071*100=0,71%

With your calculation you would need 2100000 points to get the whole 100"%" Wink

I stand corrected.
Back to top Go down
Souless

Souless

PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 6:23 am

Maybe with the new changes they made with increased AP it's now 21k CP needed to gain a 1% on regions
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 6:26 am

Souless wrote:
Maybe with the new changes they made with increased AP it's now 21k CP needed to gain a 1% on regions

No 21k CP is currently the Regional Container.
Back to top Go down
Gorlak

Gorlak

PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 8:10 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Souless wrote:

How long has this been the case? Perceived wisdom was that normal containers were 10K CP. Has the community got this wrong or has there been a recent change?

Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 8:11 am

Gorlak wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
Souless wrote:

How long has this been the case?  Perceived wisdom was that normal containers were 10K CP.  Has the community got this wrong or has there been a recent change?

Regional Container change according to population and CPs gained by each faction.
Back to top Go down
Gorlak

Gorlak

PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 8:33 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

Regional Container change according to population and CPs gained by each faction.

Are you able to elaborate? It sounds a bit like moving goal posts to me. Whilst I'm in favour of trying to balance things out so that population isn't a major factor, I'd like some assurance that increased activity isn't counter-productive. I'd also like, if possible, to get an idea of how much effort I need to put in to shift the balance by x%, always assuming no resistance of course.
Back to top Go down
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 9:38 am

Are you able to elaborate?  It sounds a bit like moving goal posts to me. Whilst I'm in favour of trying to balance things out so that population isn't a major factor, I'd like some assurance that increased activity isn't counter-productive.  I'd also like, if possible, to get an idea of how much effort I need to put in to shift the balance by x%, always assuming no resistance of course.[/quote]

This... very much this--I would rather it stay a certain size regardless--if the population absolutely explodes and we end up gaining/losing 3-4 regions a cycle... well thats great, thats FUN! it's NOT this terrible 'why bother playing' perpetual stalemate that you insist on maintaining forcefully.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 9:49 am

This is really a Deja vu issue.... All answers are in the forums. I have been answering about this mechanism too several players. Every time a new player comes, the same question... You can get your answers from veteran players or search in the forums...

Back to top Go down
Gorlak

Gorlak

PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 10:03 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
This is really a Deja vu issue.... All answers are in the forums. I have been answering about this mechanism too several players. Every time a new player comes, the same question... You can get your answers from veteran players or search in the forums...

I'm sorry if my "noobish" question annoyed you.  I may not have been around since the beginning but I'm hardly a new player and I believe Archer has been around even longer.  I'm certainly old enough to remember the regions being 10K, or at least posts in this forum stating that fact. I haven't noticed any posts since explaining the new calculations and a quick trawl through has yielded no results for me.  Please could you link the post you refer to and I'll make sure it keeps getting bumped so that newer players get to see it and stop annoying you with the same question

Edit: Btw I'm not referring to the adjusted container sizes that resulted in those nearest the capital being double the norm and others being 65% and 75% the norm. I'm trying to understand how the container size varies according to population and CP contributed as you suggested (without elaboration) in your previous post
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: cps   Influencing Regions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 10:35 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

really? O.o and sorry if we missed that piece of info the one time x)

i personally see this info for the first time. Both about the everchanging-size containers and 21k pool now.

(and we need to see it realtime, if it's so prone to changing... /would add it to my post about wanting more stats)

generally we assumed a static container value... And as Archer said, the static number would benefit us more than the always-growing one.

And I repeat the question - can you elaborate (once more? or LINK) how the number of players and their cp gains influence the container size?
Back to top Go down
Chip56

PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 10:39 am

yeah even as a player that frequents the forum a lot 21k surprised me. For me it was 10k, lower in the middle and doubled at the capital and adjacent tiles.

Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 10:57 am

i read before that containers depends on population but forgot about that long ago Smile

I have a feeling that containers havent been changed for very long time. Its a big difference between yesterday and today, so i think the change was made at this day, and it was huge change to better fit containers to players and dont forget that we gain much more ap points than before.

But personally i liked more yesterday containers
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 11:06 am

Gorlak wrote:
I'm sorry if my "noobish" question annoyed you.

There exist no noobish questions Gorlak and I was certainly not annoyed by your question. The only thing that can annoy me is an update not going well.

To your question:

The Regional Containers are divided into three sectors:

1) 65% of Normal Container (in CPs)
2) 75% of Normal Container (in CPs)
3) Double Container (in CPs) These are the regions adjacent to the capitals.

The idea of having a static number for the Regional Containers in CPs has several flaws:

1) You cannot define a specific static number when the population of the Factions changes rapidly. As you can understand, if the number was static then a game could end in a matter of days with Regions changing ownership by the dozens, or exactly the opposite with no Regions changing hands at all and a World Map remaining the same from Day 1.

2) As our goal was to have a single world (though at some point we would like to have another one with different "settings") and as players would come from various sources (other game portals, marketing campaigns etc.) it would be very difficult to identify and set a specific number for the same reason as explained above.

3) As it is important for the strategical element of the game to have "changes" on the World Map, (otherwise what is the use of trying to gain CPs for a Region?) and it is important for players to see their efforts bear fruits, a static number would probably lead to either one of the scenarios explained above with MAJOR griefing...

4) As players gain levels and are able to field higher level units, the CPs gained in a battle increase dramatically. As you can understand, a static number would again not be able to determine the right cap for the Regional Containers in a world with so many variations of players.

In order to cope with the above challenges, we had to devise an algorithm which will take into consideration Activity (No. of Players) and CPs gained by both Factions and calculate the cap of the Regional Containers every week. This is happening every Wednesday and what has been achieved, is to provide the same level of challenge to both Factions and players, with a highly dynamic system which does not provide any advantages or disadvantages to any Faction but instead scales up and down depending on the number of players and their activity.

Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: influencing regions   Influencing Regions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 11:16 am

Now that's a PERFECT answer cheers (Rune, we/I'd like more of those in the future ^^)

and yea, I admit, your system is better than the static value.

(the exact cp/playercount formula is secret, I assume?)
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 11:19 am

Fyrr wrote:
Now that's a PERFECT answer cheers (Rune, we/I'd like more of those in the future ^^)

and yea, I admit, your system is better than the static value.

(the exact cp/playercount formula is secret, I assume?)

The logic is not, the algorithm...yes...for obvious reasons.
Back to top Go down
Gorlak

Gorlak

PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 11:41 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

To your question:

The Regional Containers are divided into three sectors:

1) 65% of Normal Container (in CPs)
2) 75% of Normal Container (in CPs)
3) Double Container (in CPs) These are the regions adjacent to the capitals.

Did you read my edit?  I wasn't referring to the variance in region size according to location.  That isn't news and if that's what you thought I was asking, I don't blame you for not wanting to answer it again for the zillionth time.

RuneSlayer wrote:

In order to cope with the above challenges, we had to devise an algorithm which will take into consideration Activity (No. of Players) and CPs gained by both Factions and calculate the cap of the Regional Containers every week. This is happening every Wednesday and what has been achieved, is to provide the same level of challenge to both Factions and players, with a highly dynamic system which does not provide any advantages or disadvantages to any Faction but instead scales up and down depending on the number of players and their activity.

I was under the impression that fluctuations in population etc, were taken care of by the variation of CPs earned in battle ie that one faction gets +x% CPs more than the other for the same type of battle and the same APs.  Is this still the case (or was it ever)?

Is it possible for you to publish the container size following each update so that we can get an idea of what we're aiming at?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 11:48 am

Goralk wrote:
I was under the impression that fluctuations in population etc, were taken care of by the variation of CPs earned in battle ie that one faction gets +x% CPs more than the other for the same type of battle and the same APs. Is this still the case (or was it ever)?

Is it possible for you to publish the container size following each update so that we can get an idea of what we're aiming at?

It could be added in a tooltip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Influencing Regions   Influencing Regions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Influencing Regions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: General Discussion for Battle Conquest-
Jump to: