Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questions Regarding PvP

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zep

Zep

Questions Regarding PvP Empty
PostSubject: Questions Regarding PvP   Questions Regarding PvP I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 9:20 am

How will PvP work?

a.) Would you be able to login into a Lobby and Attack other players in the Lobby?
b.) Would you be able to Select a Region and fight players in that Region? (Then what will determine which player is in which region?)
c.) Would you just Select a Person on the Opposite faction and let loose your armies?

How will the PvP Balancing work?

a.) You both need to be of same level? (not sure what would determine the level?)
b.) You both need to have same units unlocked?
c.) What sort of limits on attacking or being ganged up upon exist in the game? (I know a lot of people interested in settling grudges Embarassed )

Just the many questions going on in my mind. Please oh great voice Answer a few queries with regards to this.

Thank you! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Questions Regarding PvP   Questions Regarding PvP I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 9:44 am

Good questions Cyclonite. Let us hope I will provide good answers too. Smile

Quote :
a.) Would you be able to login into a Lobby and Attack other players in the Lobby?
Short answer, no. Smile Long answer is that you will be initiating the PVP battle the same way as you are doing PVE battles so far. Once you prepare your army and hit on "Go to Battle", the matchmaking mechanism will try to find players looking for a PVP battle from the other Faction.

Quote :
b.) Would you be able to Select a Region and fight players in that Region? (Then what will determine which player is in which region?)
The region from where you initiate the PVP battle only determines the "container" which will gain the CPs from a victory. An enemy player doesn't have to attack the same region for you to play against him.

Quote :
c.) Would you just Select a Person on the Opposite faction and let loose your armies?
No.

Quote :
a.) You both need to be of same level? (not sure what would determine the level?)
Each unit you include in your army has a certain value of Army Points (APs). The value of the APs depends on the level and the type of a unit. When you are done adding units in your army and if the conditions are met (Max number of units allowed in an army, Max number of APs allowed in an army, 40% of the total APs in the army coming from Infantry/Missile, etc.) then there is a total number of APs. The matchmaking mechanism compares the APs of armies to create fair matches. The APs have been allocated in such a way so as to minimize, if not avoid any imbalances in the matches.

Quote :
b.) You both need to have same units unlocked?
No, because the APs define whether a match is valid or not between two or more players. For example, a Light Infantry unit costs around 50 APs (Rookie level), while a Heavy Infantry costs around 90 APs. Let us say that you don't have access to Heavy Infantry yet and another player has. In this case you could field 2 Light Infantries for 1 Heavy Infantry of your opponent. It is a fact that a Heavy Infantry is a very strong unit, but because there is the "40% of total APs in the army must be Infantry/Missile" condition, you will be able to field a larger army than your opponent and stand the same chance if you use the right tactics.

Quote :
c.) What sort of limits on attacking or being ganged up upon exist in the game? (I know a lot of people interested in settling grudges )
None, though in 3 Vs 3 matches, all 3 enemy armies might decide to attack your army first! Twisted Evil Let us hope that your allies on the battlefield won't just stand there looking. Wink

Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

PostSubject: Re: Questions Regarding PvP   Questions Regarding PvP I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 9:51 am

Do both the players have to be online at the same time to control the units or the units fight on their own using AI even if you are not online?
Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

PostSubject: Re: Questions Regarding PvP   Questions Regarding PvP I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 9:54 am

Sorry for the immediate repost, but I want to also ask this. Say if I don't concentrate on Army at all, I don't go onto unlock Heavy Infantry and stick to what I have currently that is the 6 Light Infantry doesn't that potentially make it impossible for higher leveled players to attack me. I mean I could just stop upgrading army till I am comfortable with everything else and then buy Army quickly.

How would the game match in this instance? Cause I only have 6 infantry and I don't need to get the other ones, so potentially someone who goes on painstakingly unlocking future units cannot attack me as my army is not balanced enough to fight him. While this is happening I just increase my resource buildings and don't worry about Army at all.

Also, in PvP do you suffer loss of Units / Resources / Building Levels?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Questions Regarding PvP   Questions Regarding PvP I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 9:56 am

CycLonite wrote:

Do both the players have to be online at the same time to control the units or the units fight on their own using AI even if you are not online?

Both players have to be online. PVP is strictly a real time experience of 2 or more human players fighting against each other.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Questions Regarding PvP   Questions Regarding PvP I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 10:03 am

CycLonite wrote:

Sorry for the immediate repost, but I want to also ask this. Say if I don't concentrate on Army at all, I don't go onto unlock Heavy Infantry and stick to what I have currently that is the 6 Light Infantry doesn't that potentially make it impossible for higher leveled players to attack me. I mean I could just stop upgrading army till I am comfortable with everything else and then buy Army quickly.

How would the game match in this instance? Cause I only have 6 infantry and I don't need to get the other ones, so potentially someone who goes on painstakingly unlocking future units cannot attack me as my army is not balanced enough to fight him. While this is happening I just increase my resource buildings and don't worry about Army at all.

Also, in PvP do you suffer loss of Units / Resources / Building Levels?

As described above, players cannot target another player. It is really up to the player deciding whether he will try PVP or not. However PVP will provide higher CPs, high gold rewards and higher probabilities in drops.

The motivation behind unlocking units is building a strong and versatile army. Although you cannot be targeted by an enemy player, when you are participating in a PVP match 3 Vs 3 for example ( matchmaking is random in terms of participants), you may come with 6 Light Infantry but your opponents might have Heavy Infantry and Cavalry, etc. Overall, the APs would balance for both sides, but the army which has stronger units will have an advantage which combined with good tactical skills by the player can lead to a victory.

You can stay behind in the war and not fight at all, but that will cost your Faction and of course has an effect on the course of war.

In PVP you do suffer loss of Units, but your city is safe.
Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

PostSubject: Re: Questions Regarding PvP   Questions Regarding PvP I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 10:07 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

As described above, players cannot target another player. It is really up to the player deciding whether he will try PVP or not. However PVP will provide higher CPs, high gold rewards and higher probabilities in drops.

The motivation behind unlocking units is building a strong and versatile army. Although you cannot be targeted by an enemy player, when you are participating in a PVP match 3 Vs 3 for example ( matchmaking is random in terms of participants), you may come with 6 Light Infantry but your opponents might have Heavy Infantry and Cavalry, etc. Overall, the APs would balance for both sides, but the army which has stronger units will have an advantage which combined with good tactical skills by the player can lead to a victory.

You can stay behind in the war and not fight at all, but that will cost your Faction and of course has an effect on the course of war.

So if I do not choose to participate in PvP i will not be targetted at all?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Questions Regarding PvP   Questions Regarding PvP I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 10:10 am

CycLonite wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

So if I do not choose to participate in PvP i will not be targetted at all?

That is correct, unless of course you are challenged! Wink You will have the option to accept or deny a challenge though.
Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

PostSubject: Re: Questions Regarding PvP   Questions Regarding PvP I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 10:32 am

Thank you very much! You have answered all my doubts, and I feel a lot better going ahead, trying to form a strategy now as to the best way to develop!

Thanks once again!
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Questions Regarding PvP   Questions Regarding PvP I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 10:35 am

CycLonite wrote:

Thank you very much! You have answered all my doubts, and I feel a lot better going ahead, trying to form a strategy now as to the best way to develop!

Thanks once again!

study Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions Regarding PvP   Questions Regarding PvP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions Regarding PvP
Page 1 of 1