Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue

Go down 
+11
Redrum72
Mazzrah
klaas
Strachu
Oingoboingo
sehal123
Boboknack
kuba_
Metalsiagon
Seggel
Juggernaut
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

¿What idea do you rather or should be done to solve this issue?
1. Eliminate the bonus and let players a free switch without lose progress/units/heroes/exp/gear/achievements/etc. To any race they want and reset the map
Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
2. Eliminate farmers from the bonus, and calibrate to make it fair.
Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_vote_lcap70%Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 70% [ 19 ]
3. Just eliminate the bonus.
Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_vote_lcap15%Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 4 ]
4. Just reduce the bonus cap (suggest how many in comments).
Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
5. Change how the bonus system should calculated (suggest how please).
Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
6. Don´t agree with any idea but I will suggest another idea that I think is better.
Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
Mazzrah

Mazzrah

Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 11:22 am

Number 2 got my vote, as it's too impossible a task to control the behaviour of farmers, even if you do have your steel-toed guildee-kicking boots on.

I was never very fond of vilifying "farmers" anyway.  I've had a few old friends who can't/won't fight daily, but who stay with the game for the conversation, donating res, answering newbie questions, and even mass-crafting newbie gear to order.  I would not want these valuable friends to ever feel unwelcome.
Back to top Go down
Redrum72

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 2:59 pm

Think to make things simply would be easier to have one person from each faction to debate what changes that are needed. Good person on both sides would be leader of the top guild in each faction and a dev.
If the bonus system and capitol armies was reviewed at end of each war to make its limit fair to active players would it not come under title of game maintenance.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 6:08 pm

Mazzrah wrote:
Number 2 got my vote, as it's too impossible a task to control the behaviour of farmers, even if you do have your steel-toed guildee-kicking boots on.

I was never very fond of vilifying "farmers" anyway.  I've had a few old friends who can't/won't fight daily, but who stay with the game for the conversation, donating res, answering newbie questions, and even mass-crafting newbie gear to order.  I would not want these valuable friends to ever feel unwelcome.

I like that attitude. The reverse attitude is what made me stop even logging in. Otherwise I may have still been playing once in a great while or joining conversations at least, when collecting my resources tempts me. Definitely glad those who don't battle will not be part of the algorithm anymore, though it's probably too late now to make much of a difference for those who already stopped playing.
Back to top Go down
Redrum72

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 4:19 pm

Ouch, bet that war report was not what lighties was expecting affraid
Back to top Go down
Oingoboingo

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 5:00 pm

Redrum72 wrote:
Ouch, bet that war report was not what lighties was expecting affraid

It's going to take a few days (at least) to really see what a new "normal" war report looks like. Either way, the change is good and the light players I've spoken with are pleased that it was made. Hopefully this will lead to improved morale and more active players for both sides.

Thanks Rune!
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 6:42 am

still, we're not out of the woods yet..
changing several things at once is never a good idea, so, perhaps, we can tweak a little bit more and this time implement one by one?

- the AI armies are still/again too strong. they having a set value whilst the hexes themselves have variable containers, depending on their place on the map makes them far too strong at the middel of the map. this is equally true for the hexes close to the capital. there the traveltime of the horsies is so short, players mostly fight the AI. when the algorithm was reset, the armies did 2.5K damage. that is fun. 6K a pop is ridiculous.

- CP bonus. dark is outnumbered by 50% consistently. a 1.2 bonus seems inadequate. i'll pass on the point that light players complained that players were leaving because of the old bonus and now all of a sudden a lot of hard Hitters are back from.. somewhere...
the argument that light side is relatively overstocked on new players doesn;t hold truth anymore. on average dark fights give 20 cps more than light.
so, let's have a flexible cp bonus, capped on faction numbers. factor in activity and THEN we might have somethign balanced.
Back to top Go down
kqlkql

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:39 am

hi.. i will do a quick review of the numbers...but, i have kept the cp totals of each war report since the "fix' was implemented and if you look at dark cp with a 20% kicker the cp totals are usually very near to equal... i will review and get back with hard data...but if equal cp ...or near equal cp generation is the goal then i believe we are on track... as for cap armies... i agree.. they are still the strongest players in the game...i don't think that was the intention ...and the old 2K /2.5K seems to make more sense... finally, not sure it is possible but i would like a bonus adjustment if needed after each game...not during the game.... not sure why i feel this way...i guess i don't like changing the rules midstream... something like that..

and this game far from over... and yes, lighties returning to game plus we have been trying to build up worthies...but the bottom line is that the game is fun again... we win some we lose some but each battle has been great fun, tense and down to the wire...which is what makes this game so good...that is part of the reason for returnees as well as a rediscovered enthusiasm in our faction...because we actually have a chance to win, there is a vibrancy throughout the whole community whether we are giving each other crap or compliments, setting up pvp's, lying to each other Very Happy, whatever... BC has not been this healthy and fun in months
Back to top Go down
ferarith

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:43 am

You do recall that for a few weeks darkies generated more CP and had a bonus on top of that right? if u made the bonus so "Fair" that cp output was equal no one would ever win. plus u just won 4 times in a row because of an unfair bonus, the mercenary army debacle and the sudden change in AI army strength when were at ur capital's doorstep. Which is WHY so many lighties (including me) quit. I'm back cuz i played a different game with Strachu and he told me Rune was back in charge, so i came to see what was up. i saw the 1.2 bonus and knew we actually had a chance again. so i'm playing again. I guess my point is "tough noggies".
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 am

thumbs up to fer for his mature reply
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 10:46 am

the point i tried to make re: bonus -> looking at the cps/battle, both factions are damn near equal. if that is the case, the bonus should compensate for disparity in playerbase.
and that is not even taking into account that percentile difference in the playerbase makes for huge differences, like, simply: coop q. fewer players = fwer possibilities for coops.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 11:16 am

Ferarith wrote:
Rune was back in charge

Truth be told Ferarith, if it was solely on me and I was truly in charge, there would already have been a 3rd Faction, more races, the PvP Prestige system, Guild armies, Global Quests and a lot more...

Thank you for your confidence and I am glad that the Community is having fun with Battle Conquest, but the truth is that I am still struggling to find a solution which will secure the future of BC. Alas, I still can't see some light at the end of the tunnel and we are running out of time... *sighs*
Back to top Go down
kqlkql

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 5:24 pm

Hang in there Rune..always remember... It ain't over till it's over.... is there anything we can do to help?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 1:31 am

kqlkql wrote:
Hang in there Rune..always remember... It ain't over till it's over.... is there anything we can do to help?

Pray for someone to want to buy the game. Smile
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 5:43 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
kqlkql wrote:

I know this is a kind of personal question, but how much would a game like BC cost to purchase, are we talking 25.000 $ or 500.000 $ or even more? Question

Just to get an idea about the chances of someone wanting to buy it.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 5:47 am

Boboknack wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
kqlkql wrote:

I know this is a kind of personal question, but how much would a game like BC cost to purchase, are we talking 25.000 $ or 500.000 $ or even more? Question

It really depends on the terms. All offers are considered welcome if they can secure the future of BC.

Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 6:03 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Boboknack wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
kqlkql wrote:

It really depends on the terms. All offers are considered welcome if they can secure the future of BC.

Must be very difficult to see something you guys have created about to get washed down the drain.(Especially considering all the crap games out there that somehow mysteriously are able to keep creating a revenue for dubious game companies)

I hope you guys somehow are able to secure the rights for this game and keep it in your portfolio together with Empyrean Rule(After completing Empyrean Rule of course). An easy to play game like BC would be a strong card combined with Empyrean Rule.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 6:17 am

Boboknack wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
Boboknack wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
kqlkql wrote:

Must be very difficult to see something you guys have created about to get washed down the drain.(Especially considering all the crap games out there that somehow mysteriously are able to keep creating a revenue for dubious game companies)  

I hope you guys somehow are able to secure the rights for this game and keep it in your portfolio together with Empyrean Rule(After completing Empyrean Rule of course). An easy to play game like BC would be a strong card combined with Empyrean Rule.

Thank you for your kind words Boboknack.
Back to top Go down
ferarith

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 7:57 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
Ferarith wrote:
Rune was back in charge

Truth be told Ferarith, if it was solely on me and I was truly in charge, there would already have been a 3rd Faction, more races, the PvP Prestige system, Guild armies, Global Quests and a lot more...

Thank you for your confidence and I am glad that the Community is having fun with Battle Conquest, but the truth is that I am still struggling to find a solution which will secure the future of BC. Alas, I still can't see some light at the end of the tunnel and we are running out of time... *sighs*

Honestly Rune i'd love to see you do a game your way. and frankly K threw out the idea of crowd sourcing it i.e. kickstarter, and i think the feasibility of that would depend on the amount needed.

P.S. You being back and able to adjust SOME things really is the only reason i started playing again. Donno if that means anything to Agincourt or not...
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 12:58 am

ferarith wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
Ferarith wrote:
Rune was back in charge

Honestly Rune i'd love to see you do a game your way. and frankly K threw out the idea of crowd sourcing it i.e. kickstarter, and i think the feasibility of that would depend on the amount needed.

P.S. You being back and able to adjust SOME things really is the only reason i started playing again. Donno if that means anything to Agincourt or not...

Thank you for the vote of confidence Ferarith.

As we don't own BC, we cannot take initiatives such as a crowdsourcing campaign. The game just needs to be financially sustainable and at this point...it isn't.
Back to top Go down
ferarith

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 2:37 pm

Do you guys own Empyrean Rule? Or are you working for a different gaming company for that one?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 3:24 pm

ferarith wrote:
Do you guys own Empyrean Rule? Or are you working for a different gaming company for that one?

It is our own IP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2