Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue

Go down 
+11
Redrum72
Mazzrah
klaas
Strachu
Oingoboingo
sehal123
Boboknack
kuba_
Metalsiagon
Seggel
Juggernaut
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

¿What idea do you rather or should be done to solve this issue?
1. Eliminate the bonus and let players a free switch without lose progress/units/heroes/exp/gear/achievements/etc. To any race they want and reset the map
Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_vote_lcap7%Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
2. Eliminate farmers from the bonus, and calibrate to make it fair.
Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_vote_lcap70%Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_vote_rcap
 70% [ 19 ]
3. Just eliminate the bonus.
Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_vote_lcap15%Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 4 ]
4. Just reduce the bonus cap (suggest how many in comments).
Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_vote_lcap4%Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
5. Change how the bonus system should calculated (suggest how please).
Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_vote_lcap4%Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
6. Don´t agree with any idea but I will suggest another idea that I think is better.
Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_vote_lcap0%Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue Empty
PostSubject: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:25 pm

Going to make a poll cause runed asked for it, here I will suggest my ideas on how the bonus issue can be solved or reduced, (for those who don´t know me, I am Ulises21 in the game).

1. About the first idea, I think it may be fun let everyone have 1 free switch to any race/side they want without lose their progress/units/fame/achievements/heroes/exp/gear/gems/etc. That may change dramatically map situation but the only weak point is that most players may switch to UD/elves (cause their units are much better) but that could be fixed later.

NOTE: I suggest that entire guilds should not be able to switch from side to side, that can be very chaotic, and I think guilds in the progress should not be deleted too, cause getting a level 10 guild isn´t an easy task, and for that I think that the guild leaders should have the limitation to switch only to a race of their same side, is they want switch to a race of the other side, they must assign another leader for the guild or disband the guild.

2. About the 2nd idea, I suggest first eliminate all farmers from the bonus calculations and only count figthers as active players with a minimal amount of: cp/fame/barrack level/battles (counting any battle in not easy mode, and also count won and lost battles) and also make the bonus cap increased or reduced based in the number of active players (figthers per side), the more underpopulated the side, greater will be the bonus cap but this may not determinate the exact bonus they get for example, there are 100 active darkies and 200 active ligthies, we can say that the bonus cap should be 50%, buuuuuuuuuuuut, the darkies were lazy and did much less battles than ligthies, this mean that even with a high cap, the bonus will be lower than the cap because the underpopulated side decide to fight less.

3. May sound suicidal and will get lots of complains from dark side, I really don´t care is you do this, but I won´t  like see players leave the game for that again.

4. I am not sure by how many the bonus cap should be reduced, but I may take in consideration the suggestion of another people saying that it should be between 20%-30% (would like eliminate farmers from the calculation before do this).

5. I already suggested the changes in the 2nd idea, positive criticism and other suggestion are totally open.

6. Please share something good, your idea can save this game¡.
Back to top Go down
Seggel

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 9:37 pm

I like the first 3 ideas. :-)
I voted for 2 cause I dont want to loose the farmers.
I think when you give everyone the choice to change to one race it could be possible that many old and for this very good players go to one race and they get overpowered like hell...
Back to top Go down
Metalsiagon

Metalsiagon

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 9:58 pm

You might as well remove option 1, the deal is for a change requiring "minimal" coding. That right there is several months worth of work, just look at how everything went down during the Erevos and Olympus merge.
Back to top Go down
kqlkql

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:03 am

i would like to ask everybody to vote for turning off the bonus...and here is why..
there is a meteor heading our way, impact less than 3 months..whether this games survives after that is debatable. if we turn off the bonus now we give Rune time to take care of more pressing maintenance issues. While we play, he can tweak the bonus to incorporate the fixes i believe we have agreed on...ie, farmers do not count, 5 battle qualifier..20% (?) cap.

it also allows Rune the time to get after dual accounts (if indeed they can be shut done) and nerf the AI capital armies. If we act now to turn off bonus system, what is the worst thing that happens? Light rises from the ashes and steamrolls the dark in a three day war? lol...i really do not expect that to happen...in fact i do not expect to win the next war even with bonus turned off...but i do expect to make it more interesting for all involved. There is not much time...let's do something proactive ...with the understanding that it is not forever...certainly if game revives and becomes vibrant again i would assume there will be devs to tweak a bonus system and implement it. Let's turn off the bonus system and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:54 am

In game where there are only 2 sides. Some balancing mechanism is needed. Without it win will go to the side where are more people which is stupid. CP bonus is that some kind of mechanism so it should stay, however players that are not generating CP should not be included to this system.

Thanks to CP bonus less players that are more active can win with more players that are less and that is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:56 am

I would like is guild leaders please can send an guild annoucement message asking everyone in their guild especially veteran and smart players to vote and share their ideas here (share this link), remember that this is very important and may cause big chances to the game, so please I need hear opinions, comments, criticism, new and simple ideas, and about my own opinion I really liked my first idea cause it could be very interesting especially for veteran players have a free chance to change of race/side without lose all their progress, and some veteran players are fair, so they may join the losing side to help, and also let everyone take a better look to other units race and don´t get boring of staying in the same race for more than a year, but it seems to be complicated how metalsiagon said, so my 2nd favorite idea can be kql solution but I may add that it should a temporary remove of the bonus system and see what happens, and is it neccesary when rune finish his maintenance, we can calibrate/tweak the bonus before add it again, how I said before I don´t mind is the bonus is there or not, is I lose or win, but I just want get the best solution to prevent players leaving the game, that is the issue that hurt me and ruin my fun, 3/4 of my friends already left the game, and that is very desmoralizing, and too is very hard to find pvpers, first was hard in darkside but now sadly in both sides there are only a few pvpers left.
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 7:14 am

Get rid of the bonus altogether, too much drama(Capital army, alt accounts stuff and hard feelings). Both factions need to work together and create a somewhat balanced game in the future.(probably impossible!)

(Or make the bonus none dependant on farmers and lower the % dramatically +AI armies!)

I can agree on both!

Last edited by Boboknack on Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
sehal123

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 8:32 am

Juggernaut wrote:
I would like is guild leaders please can send an guild annoucement message asking everyone in their guild especially veteran and smart players to vote and share their ideas here (share this link), remember that this is very important and may cause big chances to the game, so please I need hear opinions, comments, criticism, new and simple ideas, and about my own opinion I really liked my first idea cause it could be very interesting especially for veteran players have a free chance to change of race/side without lose all their progress, and some veteran players are fair, so they may join the losing side to help, and also let everyone take a better look to other units race and don´t get boring of staying in the same race for more than a year, but it seems to be complicated how metalsiagon said, so my 2nd favorite idea can be kql solution but I may add that it should a temporary remove of the bonus system and see what happens, and is it neccesary when rune finish his maintenance, we can calibrate/tweak the bonus before add it again, how I said before I don´t mind is the bonus is there or not, is I lose or win, but I just want get the best solution to prevent players leaving the game, that is the issue that hurt me and ruin my fun, 3/4 of my friends already left the game, and that is very desmoralizing, and too is very hard to find pvpers, first was hard in darkside but now sadly in both sides there are only a few pvpers left.
if a leader inactive then Question

Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 8:42 am

Why do you think that cp bonus system is bad?

Its a great way to balance game so more populated side does not win all the time.

CP bonus is favoring active players.

I know that many users resigned from play this game, however in all games players resign. Problem with this game is lack of new players (I know that devs are not to blame as not all decisions were their).

So anyone could explain me why CP bonus system that promote active players and can balance undepopulated side is wrong? (in few sentences please do not write few pages Smile )
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 8:51 am

kuba_ wrote:
Why do you think that cp bonus system is bad?

Its a great way to balance game so more populated side does not win all the time.

CP bonus is favoring active players.

I know that many users resigned from play this game, however in all games players resign. Problem with this game is lack of new players (I know that devs are not to blame as not all decisions were their).

So anyone could explain me why CP bonus system that promote active players and can balance undepopulated side is wrong? (in few sentences please do not write few pages Smile )

I agree with you Kuba, I don't think the cp bonus in itself is unfair, but the 40 % cp increase is too much and when you add the capital armies being crazy strong and no money is spent on promoting the game, we are in trouble!

(My ultimate solution would still be to make it so that new players are unable to join the overpopulated side. Hell, I stumbled over this game by accident, never thinking I would like it. If it said that I had to join the Light faction, I would have done that, but for whatever reason I picked dark faction, 50/50!)

Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 8:55 am

sehal123 wrote:
Juggernaut wrote:
if a leader inactive then Question

I think you need to talk about this with Runeslayer, its important that guilds have active leaders, if they don't have that, it's hurting the game. This game has been trough enough, I don't know if they are able to fix this though? Sad
Back to top Go down
kqlkql

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 10:18 am

there are at least 2 light guilds where leader went awol without naming successor..so guild cannot appoint a leader...these guilds have withered. not sure this is exact reason for deline of guilds but, after talking to those who left the guilds, it contributed.....so good point..something to put on the to do list..if there is a to do list.
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 2:43 pm

kqlkql wrote:
there are at least 2 light guilds where leader went awol without naming successor..so guild cannot appoint a leader...these guilds have withered. not sure this is exact reason for deline of guilds but, after talking to those who left the guilds, it contributed.....so good point..something to put on the to do list..if there is a to do list.

Can´t vice-leaders or chancellors send the guild annoucement and take representation of their guilds to discuss this?
Back to top Go down
Oingoboingo

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 7:29 am

I voted for "modify the bonus and remove the farmers". I think that eliminating the bonus altogether will simply cause future complaints by whichever side has fewer players (as we've witnessed many times). The AI armies should also be nerfed by some amount, but not so much as to make them completely irrelevant.

There are other issues that should be addressed in the future, but I think this one item is the most important right now.

Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 7:48 am

Shall we wait till Monday-Tuesday and then proceed with what the majority has said, or do wish to discuss with other Guilds as well?
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 7:59 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Shall we wait till Monday-Tuesday and then proceed with what the majority has said, or do wish to discuss with other Guilds as well?

please proceed as fast as possible, both faction said on faction chat to ready forum, i think all interested players did that so i guess we have a little agreement
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 8:06 am

Strachu wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

please proceed as fast as possible, both faction said on faction chat to ready forum, i think all interested players did that so i guess we have a little agreement

On then...We will do the changes on Monday.
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 8:16 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Strachu wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

hooray
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 8:21 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Strachu wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

which changes exactly??
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 12:33 pm

klaas wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
Strachu wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

which changes exactly??

What the poll suggests of course. Remove the non-combatants from the algorithm, reduce the CP bonus and reduce the Capital Armies' CP generation.
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 1:13 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
klaas wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
Strachu wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

which changes exactly??

What the poll suggests of course. Remove the non-combatants from the algorithm, reduce the CP bonus and reduce the Capital Armies' CP generation.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! lol!
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 1:24 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
klaas wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
Strachu wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

which changes exactly??

YAY
Back to top Go down
Seggel

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 11:03 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
klaas wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
Strachu wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

which changes exactly??

bounce bounce bounce
flower
Back to top Go down
sehal123

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 1:21 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
klaas wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
Strachu wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

which changes exactly??

Very Happy cheers bom Cool
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 2:34 am

Boboknack wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! lol!

Why not? Smile

Community asks...Community receives!

Long live the Community!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue   Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poll, my ideas to solve the bonus issue
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next