Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus

Go down 
+5
Kalederon
XTenenX
Strachu
XViper
RuneSlayer
9 posters
AuthorMessage
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus Empty
PostSubject: Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus   Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 11:32 pm

It is evident that the limited number of new registrations is affecting the population difference and consequently the game world.

What are the Community's suggestions?

Last edited by RuneSlayer on Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus   Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 11:51 pm

* Facebook.

* Friend referral system.
Provide gems to players in game when players they have referred buy gems. (Ratio to be decided by you).
Other bonuses for 'inviting/referring' players. (ie. 1 rare frag per invite. Max 5 invites per day. Can't reinvite the same person more than once a week).

* Larger command point max for the faction with lower players.

* Account bound Aether item upon joining faction with lower players. (in addition to existing bonuses)

* Consider revamping current faction joining bonuses. (Certain boosts, like research and resources dynamically scale based upon the population imbalance).

* Small initial gem bonus for joining faction with lower players?

* Implement a way for providing feedback to Devs from WITHIN the game. (ALOT of people dont use forums. If people feel involved they'll stick around).

* Have more frequent gem sale\discounts.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus   Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 12:01 am

Allow me to provide some more information, which you may find interesting.

From the 1st of July till today (till the moment I am typing this post) we have the following:

903 new registrations

Light: 412 players

Dark: 491 players

Edit: Some more information

Only for today we have:

Light: 192 players active with 536 victories (Ratio: 2.79)

Dark: 145 players active with 314 victories (Ratio: 2.16)

The Lights (per player) are fighting more and are gaining more victories than the Dark players.
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus   Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 1:48 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

From the 1st of July till today (till the moment I am typing this post) we have the following:

903 new registrations

Only for today we have:

The Lights (per player) are fighting more and are gaining more victories than the Dark players.

good to know that more players join dark faction,
can you tell how many battle each faction did and how many defeats?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus   Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 1:53 am

Strachu wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

903 new registrations

Only for today we have:

We are doing a meeting here to address the issue. We have all the data.

We believe we will be able to provide a solution and we will present it during the day.

What you are asking is above, in detail.
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus   Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 2:11 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Strachu wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

Only for today we have:

We believe we will be able to provide a solution and we will present it during the day.

i just dont know how many battle each side did, for example
Light players 192 active, 536 victories, 1200 battles, 664 defeats, % of victories 47%
Dark 145 players, 314 victories, 400 battles, 86 defeats, 86% victories
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus   Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 2:13 am

Strachu wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
Strachu wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

Only for today we have:

i just dont know how many battle each side did, for example
Light players 192 active, 536 victories, 1200 battles, 664 defeats, % of victories 47%
Dark 145 players, 314 victories, 400 battles, 86 defeats, 86% victories

It doesn't really matter...I can tell you that most PVEs coming from either side are close to 98%-99% victory ratio.
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus   Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 2:44 am

Thats what i wanted to know, thank you.
Maybe battles are to easy? Few players said they found its boring to do coops all day and win everything.
Back to top Go down
XTenenX

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus   Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 4:03 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
It is evident that the limited number of new registrations is affecting the population difference and consequently the game world.

What are the Community's suggestions?  
Hi
My suggestion is a two sitter for acount. You can be sitter for two acc for 15 days if the owner is not active. As a sitter you can only colect resorses, repair items and upgrade buildings. This should help the players return to play BC after holidays and better communication between players and it will help new player to, because you can see what is he doing wrong and stronger player can learn them.
For more people in game you could return BC game on firste page ARMOR GAMES-STRATEGY now is on secon page.
Back to top Go down
Kalederon

Kalederon

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus   Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 4:43 am

Well maybe you can advertise it more on Kongregate or Armor Games a little bit more. Also we can try to get it on other game websites unless we already have. This is just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus   Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 4:58 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

very much indicative of the "why bother anymore" mindset that has affected most dark players by now, i'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus   Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 5:09 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

903 new registrations

Only for today we have:

Thank you for this info. It is, obviously, not at all what I thought.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus   Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 5:12 am

klaas wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

very much indicative of the "why bother anymore" mindset that has affected most dark players by now, i'm afraid.

Truth be told...the data indicate that the population difference is not as big as "evangelized" by certain people. It is not possible to have exactly identical populations, so a certain difference is to be expected.

In other words... the population difference is not the problem. What we can do, is change the CP bonus algorithm to be more fair and effective. More on that in a few ....
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus   Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 5:13 am

klaas wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

Yes and that will the hardest thing to fix(There is no reward for making an effort, other than getting smacked in the face with a Light faction CP bonus!)
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus   Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 5:14 am

Boboknack wrote:
klaas wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

Yes and that will the hardest thing to fix(There is no reward for making an effort, other than getting smacked in the face with a Light faction CP bonus!)

Agreed....let me make a post of how the new CP bonus algorithm will function. I believe both parties will find it fair.
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus   Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 5:16 am

klaas wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

Back to top Go down
Damastas

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus   Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 5:16 am

klaas wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

Yep, there are several heavy hitters absent this map...very disheartened after last map. Only 16 of the top 50 are Dark, and that is WAY more skewed than last map, where 6-7 darks were on the front page. Also, we are losing active players every week as they see light's inexorable march across our territories. I have said it before and will say it again. no one wants to come home from work or school, log on and be guaranteed to lose at a game (strategically-speaking, not tactically at the micro-battle level).

The suggestions at the top of the thread are good. I also recommend the aether rewards be adjusted to better reward those who kill themselves playing the game and still lose. Using my self as an example (4th overall on last map, and 4th in faction), I got diddly-squat compared to the 5th place overall, who was 1st for light and this 1st for winning faction. Not even a title.

And the fewer active darks there are, the more strategically important the heavy hitters become, so I am not opposed to allowing them the ability to earn more CPs per battle.
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus   Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 5:18 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Boboknack wrote:
klaas wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

Agreed....let me make a post of how the new CP bonus algorithm will function. I believe both parties will find it fair.

Thx Rune, I hope a solution is found somehow although difficult!
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus   Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 5:24 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

Truth be told...the data indicate that the population difference is not as big as "evangelized" by certain people. It is not possible to have exactly identical populations, so a certain difference is to be expected.

In other words... the population difference is not the problem. What we can do, is change the CP bonus algorithm to be more fair and effective. More on that in a few ....

just after the map reset, the difference in population was HUGE. now it's crept back a bit. so, mostly new players joining. í do not want to sound dismissive of their efforts, but it doesn't really counter the light heavy hitters still playing; not with some dark cp cannons quitting.
* edited out some bitterness *
a suggestion: IF some fix is applied towards CP/population balance (and i really think 30% disparity in player population is huge, just  look at the cps produced by the various guilds) -> reset the map, too, so we can start afresh on a level playing field.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus   Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Addressing the Population Issue and change to the CP Bonus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: General Discussion for Battle Conquest-
Jump to: