Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some ideas :)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dreiko21

Dreiko21

Some ideas :) Empty
PostSubject: Some ideas :)   Some ideas :) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 8:39 am

Greetings and congratulations for your effort to begin with.

I would like to post some ideas I had about improving - in my humble opinion - the game experience.

1. It annoyed me a bit that the names of some units are so simple. I mean, lesser demons? You could name the Imps, Quasits, Fiends etc. Not much of a substancial change but cosmetics are the flavor in games Smile

2. How about being able to rename the troops for a. better selection on tactics and b. cosmetics again Smile

3. A premium probably aspect but also useful for not-premium players, the resources gathering button. Premium could have a "worker" instantly take resourses to the warehouse, where non-premium could hire one for like 2-3 days, or have it once per day maybe.

4. Multiple same-role units. Example: Undead armies could have 3 different units for light infantry; Skeleton warriors(25 man unit), Zombies (20 man unit, same armor, stronger, slower) and Ghouls (35 man unit, low armor, faster). 3 different units of ranged units; Skeleton Archers (25man large range), Necromancers (casters 10man medium range, more damage, maybe summon skeletons special ability), Abominations (or whatever name, close ralge, Rock-Throwers, heavy damage, 2-3 man unit) etc. Always balanced ofc.

More incoming later this day Smile
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Some ideas :)   Some ideas :) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 1:37 pm

Great suggestions Dreiko. Smile

Quote :
1. It annoyed me a bit that the names of some units are so simple. I mean, lesser demons? You could name the Imps, Quasits, Fiends etc. Not much of a substancial change but cosmetics are the flavor in games

They are called Lesser Demons because the Special unit of the Dark Legion is a big, angry, filled with hatred and rage *CLASSIFIED*. Wink

Quote :
2. How about being able to rename the troops for a. better selection on tactics and b. cosmetics again

Yes, this is something that we are considering, especially so players can be able to distinguish one unit from the other when they will be equipped with items etc.

Quote :
3. A premium probably aspect but also useful for not-premium players, the resources gathering button. Premium could have a "worker" instantly take resourses to the warehouse, where non-premium could hire one for like 2-3 days, or have it once per day maybe.

Who said that this won't be in? Wink

Quote :
4. Multiple same-role units. Example: Undead armies could have 3 different units for light infantry; Skeleton warriors(25 man unit), Zombies (20 man unit, same armor, stronger, slower) and Ghouls (35 man unit, low armor, faster). 3 different units of ranged units; Skeleton Archers (25man large range), Necromancers (casters 10man medium range, more damage, maybe summon skeletons special ability), Abominations (or whatever name, close ralge, Rock-Throwers, heavy damage, 2-3 man unit) etc. Always balanced ofc.

Again, who said that more units won't be coming? Wink Although it is too early, we will be adding more units for each race with special abilities and special stats. You can expect more races and later on...a new Faction... We are keeping some new toys for you for later on. Our goal is to keep on enriching the game.
Back to top Go down
Dreiko21

Dreiko21

PostSubject: Re: Some ideas :)   Some ideas :) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 4:43 am

More ideas incoming. I apologize in advance if some of them are being planned already, but since I don't have access to your "classified" files I feel not-guilty making suggestions Very Happy

Here we go:

- COMBAT MANUEVERS

These are general options, not special abilities.

• Charge
Available to all melee units(including cavalry), provides +movement , +strength for the first hit, -armor for some time, better against low armored units.
  • Hold Ground (or Defensive Stance)
Available to infantry (heavy or light), provides +armor,+endurance, -movement, -strength, better against heavy armed units.
  • Phalanx
Available to Heavy Infantry, provides +endurance, +armor, +attack(or strength), -movement, requires phalanx formation (duh!) works better in narrow space (look Landscape below)
  • Trample
Available to Cavalry, provides +strength, -armor, better against low armored ranged units.
  • Ride-by-charge
Available to Cavalry, provides the ability to ignore Attacks of Opportunity(or however you call them) and they can reach the space behind the enemy unit, by passing through it and attacking it.
  • Attack area
Available to Ranged and Artillery units, attack an area on map without targeting a unit.
  • Volley
Available to Archer units, provides the ability to attack multiple units at once for reduced damage.
  • Focus Fire
Available to Ranged units, provides +range damage, -attack range (Thus they need to be close to focus aim and deal more damage.
  • Disengage
Available to all units(except for Artillery perhaphs), that's an attempt to disengage the enemy defensively without provoking Attacks of Opportunity(or however you call them Laughing )

- LANDSCAPE FEATURES

Adding more landscape features would help tactics for people who want to make use of every potential of their army.

• High and Low ground
Archers and Artillery could take advantage of this feature, getting there could be the primary goal for each army. More challenging battles!

• Narrow paths, bridges
Infantry Heavy and Light (and Phalanx stance) can use this feature to block enemy marching and create advantage for allied ranged units.

• Dense Woodlands
A nice place to hide archers, or even infantry for ambush, or even stealth units (see below)

• Holy/Unholy ground, Scorched Earth
Buffing and Debuffing ground feature, new options on the tactics of every army.

- FACTION COLLECTIVELY-BUILT FEATURES

Like Landscape features, each Faction could colectivelly build new features to help their lands in better defending. Every member must toss a coin or seven to gather the resources needed to build these structures.

• Walls
The Walls is the backbone of defense. Provide cover, narrow paths and a good reason for enemies to use Artillry as siege weapons.

• Spiked Barricades
Primitive (and cheap) but also best defence against Charging Cavalry, the Spiked Barricades will be a good adittion i a battlefield.

• Defense Towers
Archer Towers, Cannon Towers is just an example of this feature. Expensive yet efficient, could be a most useful addition to a battlefield. The trick is that if the opponent faction takes over this territory, takes control of Towers (and other features) as well.

• Outposts
Outpost is the PvE-wise addition to battlefields. Each Outpost raises the PvE difficulty example: Faction "A" attacks Faction "B" territory. "B" has an outpost there. In Normal difficulty an "A" 3-units army would encounter a "B" 2-units army. With the outpost (level 1) "B" has a 3-units army or a Hardened 2-units army. And so on.

• Moats
Moats would block melee units, but not ranged (or Flying! see below)

GUILD LEADER CHAT TAB

Guild Leaders can discuss and make battle plans here, then inform their guilds. Would help in better planning and more tactic combats Smile

SIEGES

The borderlands will be heavily defensed with Walls, Towers, Outposts, Moats. What better chance for a Siege? Factions will co-operate and focus on taking this territory. Expanding borders is the main goal of this game and Siege is what will do the trick Smile

NEW BUILDINGS/UNITS

• Temple/Altar/Church/Shrine
Each Race has its own unique building for healing and unlocks new units - Healers (Human Priests - Dwarven Clerics - Elven Druids - Undead Necromancers - Orc Shamans - Legion Dark Cultists as examples)

• Air Units
Just a suggestion, too raw in my mind to give details right now Sad

And a new addition: We already got a day/night clock. Let's make it matter.

- Low visibility during night
- Light sensitivity for some races
- Darkness superiority
etc
Back to top Go down
the gunslinger

PostSubject: Re: Some ideas :)   Some ideas :) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 9:09 am

I wish I had all the ideas you guys come up with. Must be my old age.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Some ideas :)   Some ideas :) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 11:21 am

Dreiko21 wrote:
More ideas incoming. I apologize in advance if some of them are being planned already, but since I don't have access to your "classified" files I feel not-guilty making suggestions Very Happy

Here we go:

- COMBAT MANUEVERS

These are general options, not special abilities.

• Charge
Available to all melee units(including cavalry), provides +movement , +strength for the first hit, -armor for some time, better against low armored units.
  • Hold Ground (or Defensive Stance)
Available to infantry (heavy or light), provides +armor,+endurance, -movement, -strength, better against heavy armed units.
  • Phalanx
Available to Heavy Infantry, provides +endurance, +armor, +attack(or strength), -movement, requires phalanx formation (duh!) works better in narrow space (look Landscape below)
  • Trample
Available to Cavalry, provides +strength, -armor, better against low armored ranged units.
  • Ride-by-charge
Available to Cavalry, provides the ability to ignore Attacks of Opportunity(or however you call them) and they can reach the space behind the enemy unit, by passing through it and attacking it.
  • Attack area
Available to Ranged and Artillery units, attack an area on map without targeting a unit.
  • Volley
Available to Archer units, provides the ability to attack multiple units at once for reduced damage.
  • Focus Fire
Available to Ranged units, provides +range damage, -attack range (Thus they need to be close to focus aim and deal more damage.
  • Disengage
Available to all units(except for Artillery perhaphs), that's an attempt to disengage the enemy defensively without provoking Attacks of Opportunity(or however you call them Laughing )

- LANDSCAPE FEATURES

Adding more landscape features would help tactics for people who want to make use of every potential of their army.

• High and Low ground
Archers and Artillery could take advantage of this feature, getting there could be the primary goal for each army. More challenging battles!

• Narrow paths, bridges
Infantry Heavy and Light (and Phalanx stance) can use this feature to block enemy marching and create advantage for allied ranged units.

• Dense Woodlands
A nice place to hide archers, or even infantry for ambush, or even stealth units (see below)

• Holy/Unholy ground, Scorched Earth
Buffing and Debuffing ground feature, new options on the tactics of every army.

- FACTION COLLECTIVELY-BUILT FEATURES

Like Landscape features, each Faction could colectivelly build new features to help their lands in better defending. Every member must toss a coin or seven to gather the resources needed to build these structures.

• Walls
The Walls is the backbone of defense. Provide cover, narrow paths and a good reason for enemies to use Artillry as siege weapons.

• Spiked Barricades
Primitive (and cheap) but also best defence against Charging Cavalry, the Spiked Barricades will be a good adittion i a battlefield.

• Defense Towers
Archer Towers, Cannon Towers is just an example of this feature. Expensive yet efficient, could be a most useful addition to a battlefield. The trick is that if the opponent faction takes over this territory, takes control of Towers (and other features) as well.

• Outposts
Outpost is the PvE-wise addition to battlefields. Each Outpost raises the PvE difficulty example: Faction "A" attacks Faction "B" territory. "B" has an outpost there. In Normal difficulty an "A" 3-units army would encounter a "B" 2-units army. With the outpost (level 1) "B" has a 3-units army or a Hardened 2-units army. And so on.

• Moats
Moats would block melee units, but not ranged (or Flying! see below)

GUILD LEADER CHAT TAB

Guild Leaders can discuss and make battle plans here, then inform their guilds. Would help in better planning and more tactic combats Smile

SIEGES

The borderlands will be heavily defensed with Walls, Towers, Outposts, Moats. What better chance for a Siege? Factions will co-operate and focus on taking this territory. Expanding borders is the main goal of this game and Siege is what will do the trick Smile

NEW BUILDINGS/UNITS

• Temple/Altar/Church/Shrine
Each Race has its own unique building for healing and unlocks new units - Healers (Human Priests - Dwarven Clerics - Elven Druids - Undead Necromancers - Orc Shamans - Legion Dark Cultists as examples)

• Air Units
Just a suggestion, too raw in my mind to give details right now Sad

And a new addition: We already got a day/night clock. Let's make it matter.

- Low visibility during night
- Light sensitivity for some races
- Darkness superiority
etc

Idea Great suggestions Dreiko21! Idea

1) The combat stances is something that we didn't have in our ToDo list and definitely not as a launch feature, but it is something that we are considering as a post launch feature.

2) Faction upgrades however IS in our ToDo list, though a little bit differently. The regional defenses, as we call them, are supposed to be built by guilds, as guilds may or may not conquer regions in the name of their Faction and receive some bonuses. "cough" "cough" (You didn't hear that from me!)

3) More variations of landscape objects are obviously in our ToDo list. Currently we are testing all the game mechanics. As we feel more comfortable with them, then we can add more decorations with and without added effects. Wink

4) We plan on adding a lot more units than the ones currently offered. Some might be air units too, but probably race specific! Wink

5) The night operations is a good idea!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some ideas :)   Some ideas :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some ideas :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: Suggestions-
Jump to: