Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Which race has the strongest Artillery?

Go down 
+2
Juggernaut
Claudandus
6 posters

Which race has the strongest artillery?
Elves
Which race has the strongest Artillery? I_vote_lcap40%Which race has the strongest Artillery? I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 8 ]
Dwarves
Which race has the strongest Artillery? I_vote_lcap15%Which race has the strongest Artillery? I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 3 ]
Humans
Which race has the strongest Artillery? I_vote_lcap40%Which race has the strongest Artillery? I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 8 ]
Dark Legion
Which race has the strongest Artillery? I_vote_lcap0%Which race has the strongest Artillery? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Orcs
Which race has the strongest Artillery? I_vote_lcap5%Which race has the strongest Artillery? I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Skellies
Which race has the strongest Artillery? I_vote_lcap0%Which race has the strongest Artillery? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
Claudandus

Claudandus

Which race has the strongest Artillery? Empty
PostSubject: Which race has the strongest Artillery?   Which race has the strongest Artillery? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 10:55 pm

Last, but not least. In Solos the elven boltthrower is the biggest nuisance to kill, cause it somehow manages not to stay behind like all other artillery units. But I'm not exactly sure why I should bring a boltthrower when I got archers like that with only slightly less range who hit more often and almost as hard and run so damn fast. My vote goes to the human cannon, which shots are devastating to every unit there is, no matter the armor and their range exceeds those of all other artillery.
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: Which race has the strongest Artillery?   Which race has the strongest Artillery? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:39 pm

Voted humans but I think that all light arty are basically the same in power the only difference is that human cannon have more range and that boltrower moves faster.
Back to top Go down
Tops

PostSubject: Re: Which race has the strongest Artillery?   Which race has the strongest Artillery? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:47 pm

Juggernaut wrote:
Voted humans but I think that all light arty are basically the same in power the only difference is that human cannon have more range and that boltrower moves faster.

Bolt thrower has a much lower reaction (which in turn means much faster rate of fire) than every other arti.

That's why I voted it as the strongest.
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: Which race has the strongest Artillery?   Which race has the strongest Artillery? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 4:51 pm

Tops wrote:
Juggernaut wrote:

Bolt thrower has a much lower reaction (which in turn means much faster rate of fire) than every other arti.

That's why I voted it as the strongest.

Damn you are right changed vote to elves (damn that arty is OP do much more damage than archers and shoot faster that most archers in the game) thanks for the info was useful to modify my post Razz http://www.battleconforum.com/t2544-true-arty-ranged-reaction#21477
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

PostSubject: Re: Which race has the strongest Artillery?   Which race has the strongest Artillery? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 11:04 pm

The boltthrower doesn't hit as hard as the dwarven or human cannon. And I've rarely seen an elf bringing a boltthower into a PvP match. If they did so, they mostly regretted it.
On the other hand most human PvPers I know use their artis.
But true, the boltthowers ranged reaction speed is freakishly fast.

Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Which race has the strongest Artillery?   Which race has the strongest Artillery? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 11:59 pm

Elven arti is stronger than the rest now. It used to be the worst of all light artis. Its strengh now is not even the boost in speed, its very convenient nevertheless and it matters if you see elven AI, in pvp elven arti are ok i guess, but most would rather take an extra hi instead.

Fow had nerfed all far shooters and now the times where you can use your arti are somewhat more limited, loosing line of sight aborts the timer for the next shot. Elves hit weaker but they may shoot 30-50% more often depending on tactics and field of view. So we cant really talk about some OP boost for elves imho, its simply was a big nerf especially to human arti.
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: Which race has the strongest Artillery?   Which race has the strongest Artillery? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 3:15 am

Tibr wrote:
Elven arti is stronger than the rest now. It used to be the worst of all light artis. Its strengh now is not even the boost in speed, its very convenient nevertheless and it matters if you see elven AI, in pvp elven arti are ok i guess, but most would rather take an extra hi instead.

Fow had nerfed all far shooters and now the times where you can use your arti are somewhat more limited, loosing line of sight aborts the timer for the next shot. Elves hit weaker but they may shoot 30-50% more often depending on tactics and field of view. So we cant really talk about some OP boost for elves imho, its simply was a big nerf especially to human arti.

Bolts are not as good as human cannons, scouting help with FOW, if you do it well then human cannons in pvp are really good if not the best.
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

PostSubject: Re: Which race has the strongest Artillery?   Which race has the strongest Artillery? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 3:55 am

Tibr wrote:

In real PvP FoW helped the arti users, it has rather increased light artis effectiveness than nerfed it. I rarely see a human without his cannons nowadays, before FoW a rarely saw them with cannons (hiding and avoiding LOS was pretty easy). Especially a smart light arti user who uses attack ground at the right time can reach some units behind obstacles that he could have never hit before.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Which race has the strongest Artillery?   Which race has the strongest Artillery? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 5:09 am

Ohuuu, bombarding allows to hit behind obstacles. Honestly news to me. Still cant agree that fow increased light arti effectiveness. You have to bother a lot more with line of sight and sometimes sacrificing your cav scout.
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

PostSubject: Re: Which race has the strongest Artillery?   Which race has the strongest Artillery? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 5:27 am

I actually voted Dwarf, which probably reflects my PVE play. I find the really annoying thing about dwarf cannons is that they FF the heck out of their own HI. Which are way tougher than whatever is around them xD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which race has the strongest Artillery?   Which race has the strongest Artillery? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which race has the strongest Artillery?
Page 1 of 1