Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questions about the Battle Conquest Story

Go down 
+3
Bobba
ysosad
Scaren
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Scaren

Scaren

Questions about the Battle Conquest Story Empty
PostSubject: Questions about the Battle Conquest Story   Questions about the Battle Conquest Story I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 6:24 pm

First off I have really enjoyed reading the stories from everyone Smile But I also had a few questions where some of the story doesn't make sense. So it seems Runeslayer went from a god to a Dwarf. Is he a god of dwarves? A god? or a dwarf?
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the Battle Conquest Story   Questions about the Battle Conquest Story I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 6:31 pm

I believe that everyone except ST (referring to Rune as a god) has referred to RuneSlayer as a Dwarf in the story. I believe that ST is/was writing a second story, unrelated to the rest...but I may be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the Battle Conquest Story   Questions about the Battle Conquest Story I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 6:33 pm

ysosad wrote:
I believe that everyone except ST (referring to Rune as a god) has referred to RuneSlayer as a Dwarf in the story. I believe that ST is/was writing a second story, unrelated to the rest...but I may be wrong.

I think of it as he is not a God, but has been gifted some of the powers of a God. A demigod, if you will.
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the Battle Conquest Story   Questions about the Battle Conquest Story I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 6:36 pm

Bobba wrote:
ysosad wrote:

I think of it as he is not a God, but has been gifted some of the powers of a God. A demigod, if you will.

That could make sense...I believe someone referred to Rune as god appointed or god chosen or something...so maybe not one of your run o' the mill Dwarven heroes.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the Battle Conquest Story   Questions about the Battle Conquest Story I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 7:24 pm

ysosad wrote:
Bobba wrote:
ysosad wrote:

That could make sense...I believe someone referred to Rune as god appointed or god chosen or something...so maybe not one of your run o' the mill Dwarven heroes.

By the way, nice fourth wall breaking / reaction reference.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the Battle Conquest Story   Questions about the Battle Conquest Story I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 9:49 pm

If you think on Dwarves from other mythologies you'll realise Dwarves never really had Gods, just regular Dwarves who performed amazing and heroic feats who were worshipped as Gods.

RuneSlayer would be more of a heroic deity than a true god Smile
Back to top Go down
Savvage

Savvage

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the Battle Conquest Story   Questions about the Battle Conquest Story I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 12:39 am

he's a god
and they were fighitng demons not orcs lol bobba
EDIT: the devs are gods. the best fighters on bc should be the hereos.
and the story isn't supposed to be light winning over darks, so darkies, feel free to add in victory of slain lighties!
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the Battle Conquest Story   Questions about the Battle Conquest Story I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 6:18 am

Savvage wrote:
he's a god
and they were fighitng demons not orcs lol bobba
EDIT: the devs are gods. the best fighters on bc should be the hereos.
and the story isn't supposed to be light winning over darks, so darkies, feel free to add in victory of slain lighties!

I think we should refrain from saying either side has won or lost yet. I don't want the story turning into another war between lighties and darkies over who can tell the best stories of their faction winning.
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the Battle Conquest Story   Questions about the Battle Conquest Story I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 7:08 am

If you look at the actual oral tradition of the earliest mythologies you find that great heros and gods are often interchangeable. I've just been using this logic to justify the inconsistent labels being applied.

A more pertinent point.. Soulthief; people have now twice skipped your posts to continue the actual story. This should be the clearest indication you need to pay more attention to context and actually improvise based on what other people are writing, hmmm?
Back to top Go down
soulthief

soulthief

PostSubject: I take no insult   Questions about the Battle Conquest Story I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 7:13 am

I take no exception with you have said. I just got into it got a bit carried away, and wanted to tell my story no compile anyone else s.

Hope that makes sense.

cheers 
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the Battle Conquest Story   Questions about the Battle Conquest Story I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 7:33 am

I can't figure out how you make that smiley ST but.... however you do it that's my reply!

I have to stop myself from posting more in every post I make, let alone the story, it makes perfect sense to me lol.
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the Battle Conquest Story   Questions about the Battle Conquest Story I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 7:00 am

soulthief wrote:
I take no exception with you have said. I just got into it got a bit carried away, and wanted to tell my story no compile anyone else s.

Hope that makes sense.

cheers 

If you wanted to tell your own story you should have started your own thread. Everyone is trying to build a story off of eachother but you keep interrupting it with paragraphs that don't follow the story at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the Battle Conquest Story   Questions about the Battle Conquest Story I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions about the Battle Conquest Story
Page 1 of 1