Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When will the End of Battle Conquest come?

Go down 
+3
Boboknack
klaas
soulthief
7 posters
AuthorMessage
soulthief

soulthief

When will the End of Battle Conquest come? Empty
PostSubject: When will the End of Battle Conquest come?   When will the End of Battle Conquest come? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 7:34 pm

Is anyone willing to start a lottery on the date that Battle Conquest will come to an end as we know it? My personal guess is Friday the 13th of February 2015....That date seems appropriate.

ST
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: When will the End of Battle Conquest come?   When will the End of Battle Conquest come? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 11:49 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
klaas wrote:
i was more asking for end-date (if, of course) for BC :-)

Apologies...Mid Feb

from the "devs to the rescue" thread
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: When will the End of Battle Conquest come?   When will the End of Battle Conquest come? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 8:34 am

soulthief wrote:
Is anyone willing to start a lottery on the date that Battle Conquest will come to an end as we know it? My personal guess is Friday the 13th of February 2015....That date seems appropriate.

ST

I think a fireworks animation of sorts would be appropriate when the time comes! Maybe some Johnny Logan or Barry Manilow music in the background just to rub it in! cheers
Back to top Go down
Siranthony

PostSubject: Re: When will the End of Battle Conquest come?   When will the End of Battle Conquest come? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 5:57 pm

Well I think its fair to assume in this case no news is bad news, I have not seen any postings from Rune that he has someone to take over game, has anyone else?
We are nearing the end of three month window. If this is the real end, thanks for fellowship lighties, the battles darkies, and the effort on keeping game going Rune, still can not understand why this game is ending, when there are so many other games out there, not even half as good as this , still going.  Stupid question, but what does it take to keep it going Rune, can BC players do anything ? if you are still out there ?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: When will the End of Battle Conquest come?   When will the End of Battle Conquest come? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:55 am

Siranthony wrote:
Well I think its fair to assume in this case no news is bad news, I have not seen any postings from Rune that he has someone to take over game, has anyone else?
We are nearing the end of three month window. If this is the real end, thanks for fellowship lighties, the battles darkies, and the effort on keeping game going Rune, still can not understand why this game is ending, when there are so many other games out there, not even half as good as this , still going.  Stupid question, but what does it take to keep it going Rune, can BC players do anything ? if you are still out there ?

You are asking the wrong person Siranthony. Smile However, I guess the answers to your question regarding the whys behind the possible shutdown of the game can be summarized to a single word... "money".
I don't want to provide false hope or anything, but it is not over yet, until it is really over. I am trying to communicate with Agincourt to know what their intentions are at the end of this 3 months period, but I haven't been able to reach the right person to receive an answer. I sincerely hope that the flame of Battle Conquest will continue burning, though I would prefer that it would have a meaning to it as well. A game with no updates or no further development is a dead game...especially an F2P (free to play) game...
Back to top Go down
soulthief

soulthief

PostSubject: The thing about reality   When will the End of Battle Conquest come? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 11:10 pm

affraid It is never about money, till it is about money. Funny thing that is. Free to play (F2P) games are a great concept, till you need to pay your rent, or need to buy something like domain space, server access, fix a bug or two, or hell even pay someone adequately for their time.

ST

I am still betting on Friday the 13th...
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: When will the End of Battle Conquest come?   When will the End of Battle Conquest come? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 2:23 am

soulthief wrote:
affraid It is never about money, till it is about money. Funny thing that is. Free to play (F2P) games are a great concept, till you need to pay your rent, or need to buy something like domain space, server access, fix a bug or two, or hell even pay someone adequately for their time.

ST

I am still betting on Friday the 13th...

If you say so soulthief....You probably have inside information.. Smile
Back to top Go down
soulthief

soulthief

PostSubject: I may actually   When will the End of Battle Conquest come? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 8:28 am

I bet I may have some information you don't runeslayer. It should have dawned on you when they stopped taking your calls.... pirat

Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: When will the End of Battle Conquest come?   When will the End of Battle Conquest come? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 8:40 am

soulthief wrote:
I bet I may have some information you don't runeslayer. It should have dawned on you when they stopped taking your calls.... pirat

Somehow I doubt it soulthief...

You see...the reason why I can't find the right person, is because he is abroad...you should check your sources better... Wink
Back to top Go down
soulthief

soulthief

PostSubject: The 13th of February   When will the End of Battle Conquest come? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 12:25 pm

Hey runeslayer would you be surprised if the 13th was your last day with BC?

bounce would you even be a bit surprised...?

Lets see and I will let you have the last word.

ST
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: When will the End of Battle Conquest come?   When will the End of Battle Conquest come? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 12:49 pm

soulthief wrote:
Hey runeslayer would you be surprised if the 13th was your last day with BC?

bounce would you even be a bit surprised...?

Lets see and I will let you have the last word.

ST

I made an announcement about it 3 months ago. There is hardly any surprise there...(though the 13th is a "bad" day, so if it goes down, it won't be that date..) The only surprise I was hoping for...was that BC could continue...but lets wait and see...

"It is not over until the fat lady sings!" bounce

Back to top Go down
kqlkql

PostSubject: Re: When will the End of Battle Conquest come?   When will the End of Battle Conquest come? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 7:13 pm

as usual, we will fight until we can't.

Back to top Go down
ferarith

PostSubject: Re: When will the End of Battle Conquest come?   When will the End of Battle Conquest come? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 7:53 pm

kqlkql wrote:
as usual, we will fight until we can't.

Well, that's the fun of it K.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When will the End of Battle Conquest come?   When will the End of Battle Conquest come? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When will the End of Battle Conquest come?
Page 1 of 1