Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide?

Go down 
+3
Pyr
soulthief
Pearl
7 posters

How many calvary to bring to insane/suicide?
1 - Plenty to get the cannons
How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide? I_vote_lcap33%How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 5 ]
2 - Good to bring two now
How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide? I_vote_lcap47%How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide? I_vote_rcap
 47% [ 7 ]
3 - The more the merrier!
How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide? I_vote_lcap0%How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
4 - Umm, just because I can ...
How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide? I_vote_lcap7%How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide? I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Cannons only (and a few infantry) - no need for silly ponies!
How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide? I_vote_lcap13%How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide? I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Pearl

Pearl

How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide? Empty
PostSubject: How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide?   How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 6:36 am

Background

Patch on January 24, 2014

Runeslayer wrote:
Map size has changed from 2x3 tiles, to 2x4 tiles. When armies are more than 3 in the battlefield the map changes to 3x4. This will deal with the artillery issue when such units could start shooting almost immediately after the beginning of a battle. It will also provide enough space for maneuvering and more tactical options.

Tibr posted

Tibr wrote:
Very nice patch. As far as i can tell the battlefield size solved the artillery disballance. It offers more room to maneuver.

The AI arrival is different now, i thought it was easier and then i got wiped out by undead Very Happy
So i will have to do a lot more suicides and see whether the size improved the situation too much or not. Now it may be valid again to use more than one cavalery in suicide, because biggest threat is coming from archers now.

My experience is that 2 cavalry was more fun, but more dangerous in past, as their AP would attract too much trouble; and 1 cavalry usually enough ... though would often die if there too many archers around the cannons
Question

With the larger map, is it better to bring 1 or 2 cavalry to insane & suicide Question

Please add a reply with your experiences. Thanks Smile
Irrelevant1 Picture
How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide? 5E6WVqCO4jLNJkpnS1hYiA-XsIRPJ6LCF380-0Qyb5J3sn_r2Rsv6hkmgB5KeBM9mq70sYKZ_ejmq9Iiev7Y7jyQmX_cPPDKUp7r_TtQKlWcMcVeQVDIAumHow

1But pretty, so I couldn't resist Embarassed

Seven day poll (to give us plenty of time to experiment)
Back to top Go down
soulthief

soulthief

PostSubject: Ah em    How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 6:44 am

You are one of the strongest players in either world. Have I missed your point or is it just that obvious.

Just puzzled by the post.
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide?   How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 6:49 am

soulthief wrote:
You are one of the strongest players in either world. Have I missed your point or is it just that obvious.

The answer is not obvious to me, if one or two make more sense.  So I'm asking for help & opinions of others.

Earlier, on the smaller map, Tibr suggested to me to use one instead of two, and he was correct.  Thanks, Tibr Smile

Now he posted:

Tibr wrote:
Now it may be valid again to use more than one cavalery in suicide, because biggest threat is coming from archers now.

So I'd like to find out which is better now (with the larger map):  One or two cavalry?

The major problem with one is ... it dies often1 (though 95% of the time it does get all the cannons before then being killed off by the archers).

The major problem with two is ... attracts too much attention2 (and hard to maneuver).  And also makes the overall rest of army weaker.

1Since it dies often (mostly from archers) ... it loses a lot of valuable experience.  So if can bring two, and avoid the deaths, that would be preferable.
2By "attracts too much attention" I mean, too many other enemy units come after it, making it actually harder to reach the cannons with two cavalry  Exclamation ... it really is easier to reach it with just one.  On the other hand, they do tend to survive better ...
Back to top Go down
soulthief

soulthief

PostSubject: ah okay I get it   How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 6:59 am

Okay I see/ get your point. You if your not already would make a very good attorney, and no I am not trying ti insult you.
Back to top Go down
Pyr

PostSubject: Re: How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide?   How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 7:10 am

well as an elf i want to get 3 cav units at the end in 10 unit army meantime i thouth to chanfge one cav to hi but now that will be 3 for sure
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide?   How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 8:26 am

What will you do with the conclusion of this poll, elf?
In each case you bring as many cavs as you (yourself) are comfortable using. Different races have different needs. Also the strategy...

Really, a bit pointless... 'vote instead of testing, yay!'.

Quote :
and he was correct.

implying there's one correct answer... HA!

Quote :
(and hard to maneuver).  And also makes the overall rest of army weaker.
not hard to maneuver O.o or shouldn't be.
you kinda replied to your own question with '2 cavs are too hard to use/weak'.

Quote :
though 95% of the time it does get all the cannons before then being killed off by the archers
so, it does its job and dies. simple.

so really use one.
Back to top Go down
Dobraine

Dobraine

PostSubject: Re: How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide?   How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 8:47 am

I would suggest 2 cavs Pearl.

Granted, I'm a Dwarf now and have absolutely no experience on the new larger maps while using Elven Cavalry....however I feel like stating my opinion regardless Smile What is life without a little ignorant arrogance every once in a while, after all?....Well, probably still life...but hey; I'm struggling to justify myself here.

Anyways, the reason I suggest two would be so that you split them off, each taking a seperate route towards the 'top' of the map to get to the enemy arty. You simply take routes behind cover, and the cav that has the least threatening attention (i.e. a group of HI trying to chase it down) you run to the arty while the other group you use to either kite enemy melee (archers as well, should they be focussed on it) or simply slaughter archers.

It gives you good time to use the main bulk of your army to slaughter the remainder of the advancing force, since the cav attract so much attention.

I'm assuming they're well geared, so 1v1 against enemy cav should prove to be a successful fight for you. Or if you aren't confident in their killing capacity, you could always fall back to your army, then engage + flank the enemy cav with an LIA or some such thing.

Many ways to play it, but I would go with 2 cav for the 'aggro' play it gives you. The ability to manouver the enemies troops is not to be underrated Smile
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide?   How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 7:01 am

Whatever happened with finding things out yourself?
Optimum army compositon is very much subjective.
try out different configurations, write down your findings and draw a conclusion from that.

Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide?   How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 7:28 pm

klaas wrote:
Whatever happened with finding things out yourself?
Optimum army compositon is very much subjective.
try out different configurations, write down your findings and draw a conclusion from that.

shh, it's clear from this thread that lightie logic is different.
Back to top Go down
irishimc

PostSubject: Re: How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide?   How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 9:46 am

Clearly the answer is 7 cavs....you can imagine a picture of 7 cavs because i have neither the motivation, imagination nor technical skill to make such a picture appear.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide?   How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 10:59 am

irishimc wrote:
Clearly the answer is 7 cavs....you can imagine a picture of 7 cavs because i have neither the motivation, imagination nor technical skill to make such a picture appear.

seriously!
though for the record, i have battled a few times with 3 lia 7 cav army, back when cavs were sooo profitable. Seems elvish enough to try, at least a few would survive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide?   How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many cavalry to bring to insane and suicide?
Page 1 of 1