Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Insane and Suicide CP limits

Go down 
+4
Oingoboingo
LSLarry
Narmis
ysosad
8 posters

Should the CP limits in insane and suicide be reduced?
No - They are fine as they are (400/200)
Insane and Suicide CP limits I_vote_lcap63%Insane and Suicide CP limits I_vote_rcap
 63% [ 10 ]
Yes - Reduce both by 25% (300/150)
Insane and Suicide CP limits I_vote_lcap13%Insane and Suicide CP limits I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Yes - Reduce Suicide by 50% and Insane by 25% (200/150)
Insane and Suicide CP limits I_vote_lcap19%Insane and Suicide CP limits I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 3 ]
Yes - Reduce them to their previous limits (160/130)
Insane and Suicide CP limits I_vote_lcap0%Insane and Suicide CP limits I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Other (Explain)
Insane and Suicide CP limits I_vote_lcap5%Insane and Suicide CP limits I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
ysosad
The Restless

Insane and Suicide CP limits Empty
PostSubject: Insane and Suicide CP limits   Insane and Suicide CP limits I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 7:30 am

Many people have talked about the 3 problematic changes that occurred at one time:

1. CA power increased
2. Suicide/Insane CP increase
3. CP bonus changed

I consider the first issue to be closed. There was a poll on CA power, the results were clear, people want at least a moderate change to their power.

Moving on to item 2, I thought it worthwhile to make this poll. Get it out of the way and then tackle the third issue in a more deliberate fashion than has occurred to this point.

Insane caps at 200 CP (not including bonus) and Suicide kind of caps at 400 CP (not including bonus). The poll is about whether the CP limits on both should be reduced and, if so, by how much.

5-day poll.
Back to top Go down
Narmis

PostSubject: Re: Insane and Suicide CP limits   Insane and Suicide CP limits I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 8:39 am

I voted for reducing suicides by 50% (to 200 CPs) and insanes by 25% (to 150 CPs).

Here's my reason:

I have played several hours a day almost every day since February. It was a long, long march of leveling up troops, building barracks, and getting the gear to finally max out suicides. Took me about 5 months of perseverance to get there, but I was finally a heavy hitter that could actually have a real impact on the percentage of a hex...2 suicides and I could move it up 1% all by myself!

Now, with uncapped suicides, I feel like I'm back on nightmares. I only get 60-75% of the CPs as a player with level 25 barracks and 4900 AP. Throw in the 40% bonus, and I only get 40-50% of a top tier dark player with maxed out AP. Aside from that, I feel the uncapped suicides just give the top players too much power. I felt that moving a hex 1% with 2 battles was already greatly influential. Now, 2 battles can move a hex 3% or even more with the bonus. This is one of the main reasons, imo, why the light side is not only losing badly, but has lost SO MUCH ground SO QUICKLY. When a few top dark players are on at the same time, and few or no light players are on, a coordinated attack can drop a hex 30-40% in 30 minutes, just by 5 players doing 5 battles on a hex. That just seems like too much influence by a small number of players to me.

The reason I chose to drop them to 200/150 instead of the original 160/130 is because these levels do give top players slightly more influence than the previous levels (33% more CP for suicide over insane compared to the previous 23% difference), but not what I feel would be an outsized influence like we have at the current levels. Also, at these levels, it makes coops more valuable. Right now, the main reason to do coops is to increase the victory per player average for the bonus. Maxing suicides at 200 makes the 100 coop max more competitive and will encourage more coops, in my opinion.

Boy...I sure have been long-winded lately! Anyway, thanks for the poll, Ysosad!
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

PostSubject: Re: Insane and Suicide CP limits   Insane and Suicide CP limits I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 8:46 am

Aye, thank you for this poll! I have withheld my vote for now, to read other people's opinions... Smile

But I would like to float the idea that increasing the cap (not uncapping) for NM battles may be a reasonable compromise. As it stands NM-Insane is the same CP gap (100-200 for 100% increase) as Insane to Suicide (200-400 for 100% increase). However, the gap between hards and NM is significantly smaller. 70-100 is a 43% increase. Increasing the limit of NMs to 135 would 'split the difference' between the two numbers. NM-insane would be a smaller jump in CP, and hard-NM would be larger.

I believe this would let newer players make a more substantial difference sooner as well as further differentiate NM battles from co-ops.

My random thought of the day (so far) I guess... Smile

Last edited by LSLarry on Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Narmis reminded me of my manners >.>;;)
Back to top Go down
Oingoboingo

PostSubject: Re: Insane and Suicide CP limits   Insane and Suicide CP limits I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 11:39 am

I would rather see an increase in NM/Coop limits (say 130 NM and 150 coop) and adjust the bonus mechanism so that you can't get 600+ for doing suicides. I like the game being more dynamic, meaning that it's easier now to flip hexes, but as discussed elsewhere the AI armies and bonus are too much.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Insane and Suicide CP limits   Insane and Suicide CP limits I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 12:00 pm

Typical Yso :p

Psh, Oingo the mindreader.. so similar to my thoughts... (btw I never got 600+ CPs even with max barracks and max bonus...)

We had this (what Oingo suggested) when we moved from 3CP max to 12CP, to 40, to 100... Silly inflation, devs have never gone the other way... And if the scaling is right, it wouldn't matter whether we're back to 200 cap, or coops are made more valuable (might be just me, but I really think coops should be somewhat improved both in CPs and difficulty), container size would adjust quickly and we wouldn't have the 2%-per-battle thing anyway.

And people now need tons of gear and repairs to come close to barracks limit, it's not that easy to afford.. Capped suicides are easier and quicker. I wouldn't like the suicide CPs decreased too much... perhaps somewhat to make it easier to maintain, but that's nothing about CP imbalance.

Narmis wrote:
When a few top dark players are on at the same time, and few or no light players are on
not sure how even with smaller caps you can prevent that...
Otherwise nice post!
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Insane and Suicide CP limits   Insane and Suicide CP limits I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 1:00 pm

I voted for 200 CP cap on suicide and 150 CP cap on insane.
Back to top Go down
Metalsiagon

Metalsiagon

PostSubject: Re: Insane and Suicide CP limits   Insane and Suicide CP limits I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 1:51 pm

I think the caps as they have been changed (400 suicide, 200 insane) are fine. They added another layer of goals to stride for in CP accomplishments and pretty much gave purpose to rocking an extremely heavy team in a battle where there is something to gain from doing so.

*EDIT* Unless there was a hidden update or something, suicide's cap is 999 according to the original post.

Last edited by Metalsiagon on Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: Insane and Suicide CP limits   Insane and Suicide CP limits I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 3:05 pm

I voted keep the same caps for suicidal/nightmares, I like receive higher cp in suicides because you need to play for long time to unlock it and because I can´t T5 there is no other way to get very high cp without caps and based on player ap in a single fight because other difficulties have cp caps and T4 or less have a ap limit that don´t leave you generate more cp, but is you think it would better reduce their caps at least make pvp generate much more cp than it do especially when figthing against people of the opposite side, I can only do T4 atm and I feel I get much more cp, recourses, sometimes frags from suicides than pvp the other problem in pvp are the ap cap tiers that force you to don´t go over the max ap, I would like is you eliminate some limitations that seems innceseary like tier 5, because level 13 units in T4 have enough gearscore that can be nearly capped or capped to can fight against level 17+ and the ap limitations from tiers, this mean no ap limits in any tier and keep the level tiers but ap brough by players must be very close of the ap his/her opponent brough or they won´t be matched (I think a difference of 25 ap should be the max, for example is a player in t3 bring 1750 ap and the other 1724 ap or less they won´t get matched to prevent high level barracks guy smashing poor noobs with low level barracks)
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Insane and Suicide CP limits   Insane and Suicide CP limits I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 5:39 pm

I voted for the 25 % decrease. Because I've heard people complain about what we have now.

I do like the fact that players that have invested both time and money on this game will reap a slightly higher cp reward and can have greater impact on the map. So I'm alright with what we got at the moment.

Also considering the puny Aether rewards we get now(a scandal if you ask me) there has to be some kind of reward to look forward to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insane and Suicide CP limits   Insane and Suicide CP limits I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Insane and Suicide CP limits
Page 1 of 1