Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Updating the Wiki

Go down 
+9
soulthief
Tibr
Zep
Scaren
XViper
LSLarry
RuneSlayer
Fyrr
Tops
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Tops

Updating the Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Updating the Wiki   Updating the Wiki I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:08 pm

Let's face it - at the moment, the game wiki is next to useless. You can see the races, but only get info on their race bonus and have to dig through pages and pages to find the actual units for most of them. Much of the other info is missing or vague at best

As of today, I'm fixing that. So far, I've updated the pages for all Heavy Infantry and Archer units, added the unit lists in on a couple race pages, and added in detailed pages the unit Types Heavy Infantry and Ranged (archer) with lists and comparisons.

In the coming week or two, I plan to add in all the buildings, improve the details on every unit's page, add disambiguation pages throughout, fix and add links on the pages, and whatever else I can come up with.

If there's any pages anyone out there has ever wanted added on, let me know and I'll get to work on them Smile

Last edited by Tops on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

Updating the Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating the Wiki   Updating the Wiki I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:40 pm

ahem.

http://battleconquest.wikia.com/wiki/Buildings

the building info/cost, whatever. not too pretty but info is there.
all the info was from devs.

those values are for 1st server, no info on 2nd yet.

contact me on bc1 if you want, i might have more info or power over wiki.

and i tried to get unit stats earlier, but devs update them too frequently and people aren't too charitable. eg AP of unit depends on techs somewhat. The only thing I achieved was pretty much finding out how hero experience values are so different for different races (../wiki/experience). All other info.. too hard to compile.
welcome to try though ;p
Back to top Go down
Tops

Updating the Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating the Wiki   Updating the Wiki I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:53 pm

Thanks, Fyrr, but that page is missing quite a bit of info I'm trying to fill in Razz

All the resource buildings are missing the info for over half their levels
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

Updating the Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating the Wiki   Updating the Wiki I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:58 pm

Tops wrote:
Thanks, Fyrr, but that page is missing quite a bit of info I'm trying to fill in Razz

All the resource buildings are missing the info for over half their levels

that's addressed by
Quote :
i might have more info

first, way better to clean up the current tables i think, if you can do it.

Back to top Go down
Tops

Updating the Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating the Wiki   Updating the Wiki I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 9:01 pm

I'll do my best to clean them up, that's on tomorrow's to do list now.

If you have any more info, hit me up with it Smile

As of now, I've got one alt in each faction for gathering info. It was originally just so I can regularly check unit stats, but if necessary I can start upgrading them so I can get the resource info on every building level
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

Updating the Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating the Wiki   Updating the Wiki I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 9:12 pm

i don't have gold lvl 9, lvl 1-2 for all, and some latest gold info. Everything else should be ok.
First prove it you even want to do anything here (by cleaning up i guess). Countless times I gave people info and they just abandon everything. (eh, might sound unfriendly, sorry).

Also after barracks AP update the old values are crap. But that's for later, I'll see what I can do.

Quote :
As of now, I've got one alt in each faction for gathering info
still might be against TOS ;p
Back to top Go down
Tops

Updating the Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating the Wiki   Updating the Wiki I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 9:17 pm

I don't remember seeing anything about that in the TOS .-. My bad if it is.

As for the actually doing wiki work, check out the latest updates Razz Everything by goodnamesalltaken is me from earlier today.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

Updating the Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating the Wiki   Updating the Wiki I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 9:27 pm

Yea, a day... Maybe a week.. Then we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Tops

Updating the Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating the Wiki   Updating the Wiki I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 9:30 pm

Couldn't tell you about the long term, but I'll make sure I fix up a lot of the wiki before I disappear, if that ends up happening Razz

As long as the end result is a fixed wiki, seems okay to me.
Back to top Go down
Tops

Updating the Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating the Wiki   Updating the Wiki I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 11:27 am

I'm gonna start keeping an update log in the comments here.

1/19/14:

• Added list of units to Humans
  • Updated photo captions of Dark Knights, Necros, Bone Throwers
  • Updated descriptions of Bonethrowers, The Fallen
  • Created pages for Heavy Infantry (Unit Type) and Ranged (Unit Type)
  • Added links to Heavy Infantry and Ranged unit types to their respective units

1/20/14:

• Added list of units to Elves, Dwarves
  • Created Guilds page
  • Created Region Supplies page
  • Created a general Units page, a catch-all for searching through different units.
  • Took the empty Assault Infantry page and filled it, added links to this page on all AI unit pages.
Back to top Go down
Tops

Updating the Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating the Wiki   Updating the Wiki I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 6:24 pm

Update goals for 1/21 (Note, I have school tomorrow so I'll be more limited in my free time):

• Fix the Buildings page
  • Create pages for individual buildings (resource buildings get one page, create redirect pages named Timber Camp, Quarry, Stone Quarry, Smelter, Gold Smelter, and Iron Smelter that redirect to the resource building page.)
  • Non-essential (can be worked on day after if time runs out): Fix up the main wiki page to include more links to essential parts of the wiki.
Back to top Go down
Tops

Updating the Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating the Wiki   Updating the Wiki I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 1:32 pm

Wrench thrown into updates for 1/21: The collected building information at the moment is partially missing and at times incorrect. Contacting devs/mods to see if I can get updated info.
Back to top Go down
Tops

Updating the Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating the Wiki   Updating the Wiki I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 8:28 pm

Update notes 1/21/14:

• Added the redlinks to the Buildings page. Buildings will be postponed until fresh information is received, RuneSlayer has been messaged requesting this information.
  • Removed the extremely out of place looking Buildings subsection of the Main Page. Replaced with a content summary of the entire wiki, complete with many redlinked pages that I will be adding as soon as possible.
  • Started using the wiki's blog. Apparently nobody else ever wanted to do that, so I decided to take full advantage.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Updating the Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating the Wiki   Updating the Wiki I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 2:54 am

RuneSlayer will respond!
Back to top Go down
Tops

Updating the Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating the Wiki   Updating the Wiki I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 7:31 pm

Update notes 1/22/14

• Minor adjustments to the categories of some pages. I only just noticed the categories last night so I'm looking into them and plan on working with them extensively tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

Updating the Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating the Wiki   Updating the Wiki I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 10:08 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
RuneSlayer will respond!

'soon!' ™

data for both worlds i hope ;p

Heh Tops, at least the wiki log is full of you, nice so far.

Just could you get more accurate information on rich area page? Current info seems ..debatable.
Back to top Go down
Tops

Updating the Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating the Wiki   Updating the Wiki I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 5:14 pm

Update notes 1/23/14:

• Have received building details from Runeslayer. Currently having issues actually getting the file to open for whatever reason, but once resolved I'll start going back to working on the missing pages.
  • Did more minor updates to page categories. My apologies for not making as severe changes as usual, I was out all day long and got home late.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Updating the Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating the Wiki   Updating the Wiki I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:39 am

Tops wrote:
Update notes 1/23/14:

• Have received building details from Runeslayer. Currently having issues actually getting the file to open for whatever reason, but once resolved I'll start going back to working on the missing pages.
  • Did more minor updates to page categories. My apologies for not making as severe changes as usual, I was out all day long and got home late.

Send me a PM Tops and let me know what issues you are having.
Back to top Go down
Tops

Updating the Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating the Wiki   Updating the Wiki I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 8:55 pm

Update notes 1/24:

• Minor changes regarding categories

Update notes 1/25:

• Fixed up the Category page for Artillery
Back to top Go down
Tops

Updating the Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating the Wiki   Updating the Wiki I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 9:00 pm

Update notes 1/27/14

• Created Resource Buildings page, filled it with a few very time consuming charts. Will finish tomorrow.
  • Created the redirect pages Timber Camp, Iron Smelter, Stone Quarry, and Quarry (all leading to the new Resource Buildings page)
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Updating the Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating the Wiki   Updating the Wiki I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 12:59 am

A very good job Tops!
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

Updating the Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating the Wiki   Updating the Wiki I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 6:52 am

Great job on Wiki, much nicer to navigate!

I'm confused though; you rank all the units reaction so that the highest is best. I understood that lower reaction = faster attack speed.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Updating the Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating the Wiki   Updating the Wiki I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 7:00 am

LSLarry wrote:
Great job on Wiki, much nicer to navigate!

I'm confused though; you rank all the units reaction so that the highest is best.  I understood that lower reaction = faster attack speed.

Lower reaction speed = Faster attack speed

Correct!
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

Updating the Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating the Wiki   Updating the Wiki I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 7:19 am

Then in this case, sorry Tops you have to redo the summaries and unit comparisons. :/

Also the link from the category "Light Infantry" takes you to the human unit of the same name, not a page about the unit category.

Thanks again for your hard work Smile
Back to top Go down
Tops

Updating the Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating the Wiki   Updating the Wiki I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 8:08 am

I'm aware of the Light Infantry issue, I don't currently have the pages for Calvary or Light Infantry done yet.

There's quite a bit of work to be done on the wiki Razz it all takes time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Updating the Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating the Wiki   Updating the Wiki I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Updating the Wiki
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next