Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The theming of battle Conquest.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AgentAAA

AgentAAA

The theming of battle Conquest. Empty
PostSubject: The theming of battle Conquest.   The theming of battle Conquest. I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 11:21 pm

I'd like to start off by just saying thank you to Agincourt games. You seem to have made the first MMORTS that understands the fact the RTS part of the title isn't just there for show. This game's old-school, tabletop-like system is really great, and it's the first MMO I've encouraged my friends to play so much.
My question is, what theme is Battle Conquest going to go for? Are we mainly going to see more traditional units like we have already, such as archers, cavalry, etc. that existed in real wars, and do a similar theme to that? or will we be seeing a bit of magic, since there are undead and the like in the world. Either way, I'm quite interested to see where this game goes, but I am quite curious on what sort of theme combat will take in the future, with new units being added.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: The theming of battle Conquest.   The theming of battle Conquest. I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 12:19 am

AgentAAA wrote:
I'd like to start off by just saying thank you to Agincourt games. You seem to have made the first MMORTS that understands the fact the RTS part of the title isn't just there for show. This game's old-school, tabletop-like system is really great, and it's the first MMO I've encouraged my friends to play so much.
My question is, what theme is Battle Conquest going to go for? Are we mainly going to see more traditional units like we have already, such as archers, cavalry, etc. that existed in real wars, and do a similar theme to that? or will we be seeing a bit of magic, since there are undead and the like in the world. Either way, I'm quite interested to see where this game goes, but I am quite curious on what sort of theme combat will take in the future, with new units being added.

We are very happy to read that you are enjoying the game. Smile

To answer your question, at this point we have 6 types of units: Light Infantry, Ranged Units, Heavy Infantry, Cavalry, Artillery and Special Units.

Our aim is to add various units to each type with different characteristics.

Obviously, as the setting is fantasy, you can expect various themes. Wink

The whole point is to create as many synergies on the battlefield as possible, by having many different units with different stats/characteristics/abilities.
Back to top Go down
AgentAAA

AgentAAA

PostSubject: Re: The theming of battle Conquest.   The theming of battle Conquest. I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 1:54 am

Well, on that subject then, to ask something more specific, are spellcasters, or monster/large-type units planned or being considered at this moment? And would they be considered in the future?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: The theming of battle Conquest.   The theming of battle Conquest. I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 10:36 am

AgentAAA wrote:
Well, on that subject then, to ask something more specific, are spellcasters, or monster/large-type units planned or being considered at this moment? And would they be considered in the future?

Monsters and Large Monsters most definitely.

Spellcasters should be added later on as well Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The theming of battle Conquest.   The theming of battle Conquest. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The theming of battle Conquest.
Page 1 of 1