Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

very hard coops

Go down 
+6
Tibr
THAN0S
XViper
Piktas
Fyrr
nathor
10 posters
AuthorMessage
nathor

very hard coops Empty
PostSubject: very hard coops   very hard coops I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 2:22 am

i played now at least 10 coops since the patch... lost at least 2 of them and had very hard fights on others.
i seem to get a full house of enemies, maybe 30 against my army plus 5 of my team mate. this including some mid level mercs.

i am not sure what is going on, but enemies should not have much more units.
also, when i play with mid level players, its like a death curse to them, even if i live, they get wiped out. (so much for that ai helper for younger players)

my best guess is that enemy armies now look at our ap instead of our units number and level for enemy army generation, and that makes this huge unbalances if we bring heroes and gear.

anyway, as it is:
1) coops of high level players wipe out low and mid level players team members
2) healing cost and times are trough the roof, gold is hard to earn
3) playing got boring due the healing times

Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

very hard coops Empty
PostSubject: Re: very hard coops   very hard coops I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 2:58 am

nathor wrote:

also, when i play with mid level players, its like a death curse to them, even if i live, they get wiped out. (so much for that ai helper for younger players)

anyway, as it is:
1) coops of high level players wipe out low and mid level players team members
2) healing cost and times are trough the roof, gold is hard to earn
3) playing got boring due the healing times
Earning power and efficiency, typical you! Smile 
I remember our coops in distant past.. You were the only one whose presence in coop (10 units..) would mean death to my charging cavs =p maybe YOU are the reason of them dying, especially...

nathor wrote:

eh, i can always use a lia cav combination and hide behind the noob. lol!
Coops will be fixed, ah well, no fun =p I hope some noobs will coop during weekend with me though ^^
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

very hard coops Empty
PostSubject: Re: very hard coops   very hard coops I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 4:00 am

You just added nothing to the discussion Fyrr.

As far as the topic goes. I wouldn't mind the difficulties if the healing times and earnings were adjusted accordingly.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

very hard coops Empty
PostSubject: Re: very hard coops   very hard coops I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 7:16 am

Piktas wrote:
You just added nothing to the discussion Fyrr.

As far as the topic goes. I wouldn't mind the difficulties if the healing times and earnings were adjusted accordingly.
Agree with Piktas.

I have no problem with them being more difficult.
But now we wait longer and pay more for healing, so we fight less and income plummets. Needs balancing.
Back to top Go down
THAN0S

THAN0S

very hard coops Empty
PostSubject: Re: very hard coops   very hard coops I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 7:46 am

I disagree that the rewards need to be higher. There are no high levels of rewards that you can possibly add to a loosing battle to make it worth it.

Playing with lower level players and bringing 10 units with gear is a not just a death sentence to them, its to you as well. Once they fold, which happens WAY to fast, you get to face everything that is left. Generally they last long enough to kill a few melee units, but the dozen archer units they leave behind are more than a match for any Dwarf without multiple GL maxed HI's and you still DIE anyways.

Lets pretend that you win with 1 guy in 1 unit, instead of dying.

Rewards would have to be quadrupled and the chance for Epic and GL's multiplied similarly for people who survived. Half that for people who were part of the team, but did not have a unit remaining on the field.

Good Luck Co-Oping guys, I am done till they fix it.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

very hard coops Empty
PostSubject: Re: very hard coops   very hard coops I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 7:52 am

Even with double payout and halved healing time coops would still be little fun if you get mixed randomly like right now. Only players of same lvls have a significant chance. Low lvls next to high lvls cant stand the ground for 20 seconds, clearly not enough time for maneuvers.

I feel there are hidden stats on enemies that dont come from lvls, its not the ai, more like a constant bonus to damage/chance to hit etc. Talking about non merc units here. Enemy archers are now killers.
Back to top Go down
Bonezz

very hard coops Empty
PostSubject: Re: very hard coops   very hard coops I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 9:07 am

How about we have 2 'difficulties' of coop? The old formula for coops, and this new MUCH more difficult (and much more interesting!) battle set?

Have people select coop and have it fan out into 2 difficulty options (like PVE does). and have 2 queues for people to join (a hover-over at the top left cornor, or click window--like exists for pvp would inform players which queue has players in it)

This would let high levels play with high levels and do the big brawls, and newer players get their feet wet without having to stick those feet into Charybdis)

OFC, rewards for the higher tier would have to be significantly improved... better than nightmare at its current difficulties (I have only lost 1 'new' NM, but half a dozen? coops--this is doing alternating NM/Coop matches)
Back to top Go down
Stinkfinger

Stinkfinger

very hard coops Empty
PostSubject: Re: very hard coops   very hard coops I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 9:46 am

Agree with Thanos. The difficulty became insane and reward stayed put, not worth the fighting. I have loved this game up until now, even with the boring stalemate, but i am disappointed that the devs put this much time into the mechanic update when it could've been left alone and had GW2 a while ago (instead of insane difficulty and PvP going back to GLs dominate). Booooo
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

very hard coops Empty
PostSubject: Re: very hard coops   very hard coops I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 10:22 am

I feel like I have to make a post in this thread to clear things out. Smile

1) I have already mentioned that we will tinker with the difficulty. So don't worry people...We don't want to punish you..We just want to provide this .."extra" challenging touch for you so you can have more fun...It seems that the AI got waaaay out of hand..but it will get a spanking on Monday. Smile

2) The PVP matchmaking is NOT working as it should, due to the fact the GS caps per level of unit haven't been implemented yet. This has been clearly stated in the patch notes. With the GS caps enabled in around 8 days, you will notice the big difference in balance.
Back to top Go down
THAN0S

THAN0S

very hard coops Empty
PostSubject: Re: very hard coops   very hard coops I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 11:18 am

Thanks for replying.

Back to top Go down
MasterMind

MasterMind

very hard coops Empty
PostSubject: very hard coops   very hard coops I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 12:47 pm

RuneSlayer
I join my voice to "THAN0S" & "Stinkfinger", and I would like to add that the reasons that make me like this game is the non-complex possibility to progress and rational use of time, I mean time to heal, to update a buildings (even sometimes it takes hours but it's not like other games where you have to wait for days just to make a building update by one level) and so on. but the last patch seems to be "frustrating" at least for me if not for other players. I keep losing on every co op and every match in easy ,normal level in solo mode and concerning hard level .. it becomes now an unreachable dream for me.
in addition people are not all alike some of them may like that "touch of challenge as you called it" and some of them may not (I for instance find that touch of challenge" frustrating and I have no fun at all anymore Smile )
I hope everything goes well and as planned next Monday, and till then I stop my attacks and wait in silence impatiently.
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

very hard coops Empty
PostSubject: Re: very hard coops   very hard coops I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 12:48 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
...It seems that the AI got waaaay out of hand..
I don't really see how the AI is the problem. I like that enemies act like an actual army now. I have to agree with Tibr.

Tibr wrote:

I feel there are hidden stats on enemies that dont come from lvls, its not the ai, more like a constant bonus to damage/chance to hit etc. Talking about non merc units here. Enemy archers are now killers.
I have noticed enemies being a lot stronger than what their lvl suggests they are ever since the NM was made harder a while back and now it seems (to me at least) that it's all over the place. Back then I started noticing that lvl 15 HI were a lot harder to take down in NM than when faced in co-op and now my lvl 11 hero almost died vs a lvl 13 goblin archer in a co-op which used to be unheard of. Is it just me or are the enemies matching not only your AP but GS as well now? If it's something similar then I must say that that's a bad idea. If enemies are progressing along with the player then you're always fighting the same difficulty and putting time and effort into the game just makes it harder and counter-productive. The whole point of gear is to give you that extra edge over the enemy that only get their stats from lvls. I have faith that the devs will balance things out as usual though Smile
Back to top Go down
nathor

very hard coops Empty
PostSubject: Re: very hard coops   very hard coops I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 3:21 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
I feel like I have to make a post in this thread to clear things out. Smile

1) I have already mentioned that we will tinker with the difficulty. So don't worry people...We don't want to punish you..We just want to provide this .."extra" challenging touch for you so you can have more fun...It seems that the AI got waaaay out of hand..but it will get a spanking on Monday. Smile

2) The PVP matchmaking is NOT working as it should, due to the fact the GS caps per level of unit haven't been implemented yet. This has been clearly stated in the patch notes. With the GS caps enabled in around 8 days, you will notice the big difference in balance.
regarding the AI, its not the real reason why it became much harder, see my post at:
http://www.battleconforum.com/t909-root-reason-behind-this-insane-dificulty
Back to top Go down
Bonezz

very hard coops Empty
PostSubject: Re: very hard coops   very hard coops I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 6:23 pm

Piktas wrote:

I have noticed enemies being a lot stronger than what their lvl suggests they are ever since the NM was made harder a while back and now it seems (to me at least) that it's all over the place.
I just did a NM match where I, with complete confidence, pitted my lvl 8 HI against an elf lvl 13 HI in NM. My HI had full rares/epics

I ended up having to withdraw--no other units, no archers shooting into it, just a flat 1v1 HI match, and my geared one ran, even though with the gear it should've been more than superior than the NPC one.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

very hard coops Empty
PostSubject: Re: very hard coops   very hard coops I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

very hard coops
Page 1 of 1