Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Truce of the light side

Go down 
+22
arvaxus
Savvage
Gorlak
Ektoplasma
BlueLeader3
Jaximus3655
galkabear
Zep
kysirn
Stinkfinger
Ellthune
Tibr
Fyrr
WorldEater
Rolelf
cgi
RuneSlayer
Pearl
Williumwall
THAN0S
XViper
turtle
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Stinkfinger

Stinkfinger

Truce of the light side - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 9:34 am

Hahahah Thanos, I almost wanted to kiss you there. I was feeling the exact same. After all the dust has settled we need to consolidate the damned guilds to have an effect. If not we continue to dwindle. Idiots ranting about 'choice' and 'valid' when that valid choice does nothing to further the light is a waste of precious hemoglobin to fingertips. Focused CP the darkies have mastered. Buckshot, while effective at close range, does nothing long term. Hopefully we can put away our shotties and pick up some 270s and the like and take this back. On a side note, assassinations would be phenomenal *giggles*
Back to top Go down
WorldEater

WorldEater

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 8:07 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
THAN0S wrote:
Assassination is not a choice. (YET)
Ejection by popular vote is not a choice.
Sending the armies of entire enraged guilds stomping your buildings back to level 1 is not a choice. (YET)
Hmmm.....interesting
Ooh, assassination. Sounds like much fun! Even Rune thinks so! Don't you?

On a side note, if by assassination you mean removing a small guild from a region a big guild doesn't want it to be, I believe current game mechanics provide you with some tools for that Wink
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 1:35 am

No its obviously about a way to "kick" a player out of his guild.
Back to top Go down
kysirn

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 7:47 am

Tibr wrote:
The top 10 light guilds in the CP order, the numbers represent the potential value of said guilds to the light faction over the time of their existance:

1. Ckings 3.48m
2. Cknight 2.41m
3. The Radiant 1.54m
4. Prism 941k
5. Avengers 842k
6. Polish Warriors 644k
7. The Bounty Hunters 541k
8. The Guardians 484k
9. The Outriders 410k
10. Halls of Insanity 330k

Now the really funny part is that there are another 20 light guilds who want tiles as well. Just because. They dont realise that developing a bonus tile costs a lot of ressources and we are talking millions here. Making use of a bonus tile with 10 members is very hard, for example a gold mine generates 2% more gold per level, you need to spend about a million of ressources (for supplies and the mine upgrades) to get 10% higher gold generation in your smelter. Then consider how many active players a guild has that would really benefit from it and how long it will take for that investment to pay off, then consider how many of them are donating to get those tiles upgraded. Now there is a realistic picture. Many smaller guilds think about fancy regions but honestly a bonus tile for only 10 active players is a wasted one.

Than0s statement about focused boni to reach maximal number of players is very reasonable in terms of efficiency, progression and the actual benefit to the light faction. So yeah i dont mind a fair distribution, but it also has to make sense and the guilds to claim one also have to prove their value to the faction by reaching at least 1million CP and possibly other criteria like nr. of active players or time of existance etc (ppl come ppl go, some longterm commitment to the game is necessary).
Hate to make long quotes but I think all of these points are valid and bears repeating. Keeping the above in mind, seems to me we have two problems that need to be resolved. First, the back-line conflict involving Prism vs Grail in which CKings and Outriders are also involved. Second, a plan going forward for the distribution of regions to avoid future conflicts.

I think everyone will agree that the first problem needs immediate resolution. I know there has been a lot of accusations thrown back and forth and at this point, speaking for myself and what I suspect may be a large portion of the Light Faction, I really don't care anymore. The fact of the matter is we don't have any sort of justice system to try to sort out who's at fault nor do we have any real enforcement system. However, based on this thread, it seems at least the two biggest involved parties (prism and CKings) perhaps do want to resolve this voluntarily.

So here's my view and I hope it's not too inaccurate or unreasonable. Prism wants 78. CKings does not actually want 78 for itself and Outriders can't hold a fourth region. So, CKings and Outriders, stop interfering. Why? Because Prism has 982k CP and the Grail has 131K so for the reasons stated by Than0s and Tibr, let them have it and let them build up the walls. A lot of this infighting would end if people would just stop getting involved in fights that they do not have a direct interest in. I realize this goes against much of the point of "alliances" and "pacts" and what not. Those are all great and fine if we didn't have the Dark hordes knocking on our doors. Let's try to stop this before it turns into WWI.

So then what? This leads to the second problem. We need to have a plan going forward so that guilds that deserve regions can get them. Most if not all of the bigger guilds are presumably already heavily invested in their current regions that I'm guessing they're not going to want to change much. Also, many guilds (except Prism) are currently at their max for regions and have no plans to spend resources to open up more spots. So, let's freeze things as they are now with the exception of Prism getting 78. Additionally, we agree to then only expand into what are currently Dark faction regions. So, for example, Prism takes 78 but agree not to take 84 or 79. This will hopefully stabilize things so we can move forward.

If we manage this, we can then worry about a more equitable system for deciding who gets what new regions and for avoiding future internal conflicts.
Back to top Go down
THAN0S

THAN0S

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 4:57 pm

From a different thread, which you did not read?

ANYBODY can start a guild. Just because you have a guild does not ENTITLE you and your guild to anything.

Not everybody can build a guild and make it successful. The problem with the light side is that almost every player who jumps into the game thinks that they can do it better and deserve their 'fair' share of bonuses just because they exist. That is not how anything works. You get what you deserve. If your a small guild then you deserve a small piece of the pie. If your a big guild, then you deserve a big piece of the pie.

There are ~45 regions

Top Light Side Guilds on the first page have ~11200000 Conquest Points total.
CKings = 33% = 15 regions
CKnights = 23% = 10.5 regions
Radiant = 14% = 6.5 regions
Prism = 9% = 4 regions
Avengers = 8% = 3.5 regions
Polish Warriors = 5.8% = 2.5 regions
Elysium = 2.7% = 1 region
Average = 2.5% = 1 region

Now there are The Guardians, The Bounty Hunters, The Outriders, and Halls of Insanity that all have more CP than Elysium or Average, but they are not listed on the front page by fame. They would have 2 regions, or so, by % of the top.

There is no reason any guild below 1 Million CP should be l3itching in any way shape or form that they should be getting bonus regions. There are only 15 of them and to be 'fair' they should benefit the players that are most actively and persistently keeping those very regions available to the light side by fighting on the front lines.

Right now, and for the foreseeable future, CKings, CKnights, and Radiant are those guilds, with Prism coming up fast.

Hell, most of the small guilds can't even get the donations necessary to get a bonus region up to level 5, let alone max it out at level 20!

Not only is it FAIR for the guilds who are defending the light side's regions to benefit from those regions, its also MORONIC to keep them from benefiting from those regions. The Dark is making sure its best, most seasoned, and most active players are getting the biggest and best bonuses. To SURVIVE the Light Side has to do the same.

Those of you that are really active, that are in smaller guilds, need to get your priorities straight before the Dark owns all the regions and its impossible for anybody on the Light Side to get any benefits. Best thing you can do is talk to a CK, Radiant, or Prism Recruiter and secure membership in one of the top guilds.

Stop l3itching and start applying!
Back to top Go down
kysirn

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 3:38 am

Yes Than0s, I did read that thread and I completely agree with the idea of greater efficiency if everyone would consolidate into just a few large guilds who coordinate with each other so as to pool resources and maximize the benefits of regional bonuses. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how realistic that is given the fact that your guild is currently still fighting with Prism over a useless region (78). I would love to hear what you (and any others involved in that conflict) think of my suggested resolution as to that issue.
Back to top Go down
Rolelf

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 4:16 am

The Grail has decided, that in order to avoid any more in-fighting among light factions, 78 will be abandoned. Prism can have that "useless" 78 as you call it. The walls are down and we have become a "mercenary" guild. Of course support will be given to regions that come under attack. Keep your shields UP!
Back to top Go down
kysirn

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 4:45 am

Rolelf wrote:
The Grail has decided, that in order to avoid any more in-fighting among light factions, 78 will be abandoned. Prism can have that "useless" 78 as you call it. The walls are down and we have become a "mercenary" guild. Of course support will be given to regions that come under attack. Keep your shields UP!
For what it's worth, props to you for walking away from it for the greater good. I for one appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 6:35 am

Rolelf wrote:
You and your members are welcome to join Kings!
Back to top Go down
Rolelf

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 6:58 am

wow a philosopher warrior at best:joker: 
Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 7:03 am

Rolelf wrote:
wow  a philosopher warrior at best:joker: 
Of course. I invite you to Kings, so that you and your guild mates have some "bonus" and there is no need for more war. If you want to call me names for it... sure!

Back to top Go down
galkabear

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 11:01 am

Rolelf wrote:
the grail was building walls still while losing the land, but took the walls down when it realized it had no hope to keep the land, not to avoid more in-fighting. A truth of the matter is there were things you lied about, you were insulting, you were acting like a complete idiot, and you treat your coop members badly. Dude you ticked me off and got your butt whooped.

As far as peace in the light visit galkabear.wix.com/outriders and look at the competition page. Is about the best offer I have seen for a unified light faction / unified guilds at least of the 11 stronger, with support of each other etc et al, and yes i wrote it Razz
Back to top Go down
Jaximus3655

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 12:42 pm

Coming from a darkie, we aren't as organized as you lighties think Twisted Evil 
Fyrr and Brood will hate me for this, but your idea (and Zep's) would be amazing for you lighties if it ever worked out Razz
Back to top Go down
THAN0S

THAN0S

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 7:43 pm

galkabear wrote:

As far as peace in the light visit galkabear.wix.com/outriders and look at the competition page.
Post it up right here dude, where everybody can see it and comment on it.
Back to top Go down
BlueLeader3

BlueLeader3

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 12:47 pm

Hello all, I know I am a leader of a small guild and one that is fairly inactive so my voice should be small, but still there. I for one think that the guilds of fame 50 000+ or with 100 000+ cp as of right now (which is page 1 and 2) should be the only ones to even exist. With that they have 375 current open spots which will be able to go up and only 1158 members. If you said that only 800+ famers can be in a guild that is 3340. Now with inactive players and famers without cp that number would be reduced. So realistically only page 1 and 2 guilds should exist and being in a guild should be a privilege. That would create a united light, well at least for the ones in guilds which would be all the difference makers. Then dark will be destroyed. On that note I plan on disbanding my guild. Cheers everyone!
Back to top Go down
Ektoplasma

Ektoplasma

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 2:08 pm

BlueLeader3 wrote:
I for one think that the guilds of fame 50 000+ or with 100 000+ cp as of right now (which is page 1 and 2) should be the only ones to even exist.
Just when I thought us Dark folks were the bad guys. Very Happy 

People start their own little guilds because that's what people want to do. As seen in every other online game. And it's not as there aren't any little guilds holding regions on the Dark side.

So, I dunno, but I still don't see the big deal.
Back to top Go down
Jaximus3655

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 3:21 pm

Ektoplasma wrote:
BlueLeader3 wrote:
I for one think that the guilds of fame 50 000+ or with 100 000+ cp as of right now (which is page 1 and 2) should be the only ones to even exist.
People start their own little guilds because that's what people want to do. As seen in every other online game. And it's not as there aren't any little guilds holding regions on the Dark side.
You aren't even old enough for this Ekto, but sadly, you are correct.

I think we guilds as a whole should be able to veto/destroy small guilds as mentioned all throughout this post....
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 1:32 am

There is nothing wrong about small guilds, what is this weird argument about? You want to destroy smaller guilds? I cant even describe on how many levels this statement is bad.
If smaller guilds want to play their way, so they should. If ppl want some self-fulfilment to see a guild rise and fall, that also is a valueable lesson for their life.
The fun simply stops when smaller guilds that have literally nothing to say reach for the stars. They usually notice that soon enough, so why anyone mind.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 1:59 am

Comes down to the age old, 'Too many chiefs and not enough Indians'.
Back to top Go down
Gorlak

Gorlak

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:24 am

XViper wrote:
Comes down to the age old, 'Too many chiefs and not enough Indians'.
Exactly, it's because every noob that joins the game wants to be a chief and the only way for them to do that is to start their own guild. It's more of a problem for the light side because it appears more new people are drawn to that faction.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:35 am

lol, yeah the whole dark faction is disappointed lighties who reset Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 9:34 am

In another thread:

RuneSlayer wrote:
The End Game WILL surprise you....BUT you have to get there first. lol

If this continues for some time, then we will definitely change some "things" to speed it up...
Woot, a surprise -- how interesting -- lets find out what it is! ...

First, thanks, for giving us hope & something to look forward to Smile

This is real surprising news to me & I'm confident to a lot of the light side.

A lot of us have despaired of winning (hence a lot of our increased pathological behaviors on the light side [see footnote]), we pretty much all believe:

• We can get to attacking #23 easily (well at least the high level players who have done the math seem to believe this) ...
  • But then what???
  • How can we win with nightmares .vs. Solo's especially if there is a castle there ...
  • Hence, why even bother?
Anyway that has been a major driving dynamic on the light side for about two months & we find other ways to enjoy the game ...

Given the above news (to me) above that the end game is interesting, I suggest we put it to the test for the month of November as follows:

1. We try this out for the month of November, to work together & see what happens. Do we get to #23? What happens then?
  2. Treat each other with dignity & respect in faction chat;
  3. Suspend discussions of the past until December;
  4. Agree on territories through the end of November;
  5. Agree on a defense of front line tiles (first priority) & a regular attack tile that all guilds (that are part of the agreement) work on as second priority
Note: This particular offer is valid to be accepted until November 4th, 2013, by at least 5 other major guilds to be agreed to; after which, if not accepted by then, this offer from Prism expires (though we can attempt to negotiate new ones after that).

Footnote:

The pathologies of the light side do not originate from the despair of wining the game; rather from other issues -- which I still believe need to be discussed & resolved -- above the proposal is to put that off until December.

The point I was making is that the despair of winning, which the light faction has felt for months, has made it harder to resolve the pathologies.

Hopefully after a month of winning & taking territory, *if* we agree to work together as proposed above, my hope is that it will be a lot easier to deal with the underlying issues.

P.S.:

Dear dark faction,

If this goes through, and the light side actually agrees to work together, except finally a real fight, instead of the game of tiddlywinks.

Your best bet, is to attempt to stop us working together.... *if* you can Wink

Please keep your sense of humour as we liberate your lands from the red scourge & restore them to their proper cool blue.

Nothing personal, in fact, I like a lot of you way more than the members on the light side.

Still ... this is a war game.

So, lets fight & may the strongest faction win Smile

Joy
Back to top Go down
Savvage

Savvage

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 6:20 pm

The Lights are making a UL! United Light.
Back to top Go down
THAN0S

THAN0S

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 11:46 am

CK (Except maybe Stink) can go for a November to remember!
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 9:51 pm

Joyce wrote:
Given the above news (to me) above that the end game is interesting, I suggest we put it to the test for the month of November as follows:

1. We try this out for the month of November, to work together & see what happens.  Do we get to #23?  What happens then?
  2. Treat each other with dignity & respect in faction chat;
  3. Suspend discussions of the past until December;
  4. Agree on territories through the end of November;
  5. Agree on a defense of front line tiles (first priority) & a regular attack tile that all guilds (that are part of the agreement) work on as second priority
Note:  This particular offer is valid to be accepted until November 4th, 2013, by at least 5 other major guilds to be agreed to; after which, if not accepted by then, this offer from Prism expires (though we can attempt to negotiate new ones after that).

Joy
2. Easy, already do it as common practice. - Agree
3. Haven't really been a part of specific discussions, so.. - Agree.
4. Agree that an agreement needs to be made. Details of agreement likely to never been agreed on by all involved\affected.
5. STRONGLY agree. This honestly is the most valid point of all. United we stand, divided we fall.

- XViper (The Guardians)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Truce of the light side
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next