Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Light Artillery!

Go down 
+2
venumuse
Boboknack
6 posters

Let's make Light artilley more humane to the underpopulated side?
Yes
Light Artillery!  I_vote_lcap75%Light Artillery!  I_vote_rcap
 75% [ 6 ]
no
Light Artillery!  I_vote_lcap25%Light Artillery!  I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Dont know
Light Artillery!  I_vote_lcap0%Light Artillery!  I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Boboknack

Boboknack

Light Artillery!  Empty
PostSubject: Light Artillery!    Light Artillery!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 12:45 am

Why is Light faction artillery vastly superior to Dark faction artillery?

Sorry, I know this is an old discussion but I'm losing to many suicides due to Light artillery and its annoying me a great deal! Mad
Back to top Go down
venumuse

Light Artillery!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Artillery!    Light Artillery!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 11:06 am

Boboknack wrote:

Sorry, I know this is an old discussion but I'm losing to many suicides due to Light artillery and its annoying me a great deal! Mad

Because RuneSlayer nor anyone else is allowed to change the game unless it's "Game breaking". So all future updates are at halt right now and waiting to see how the future of BC stands.
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

Light Artillery!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Artillery!    Light Artillery!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 1:21 pm

venumuse wrote:
Boboknack wrote:

Because RuneSlayer nor anyone else is allowed to change the game unless it's "Game breaking". So all future updates are at halt right now and waiting to see how the future of BC stands.

Yeah I just needed to vent my frustrations a bit lol!
Back to top Go down
kqlkql

Light Artillery!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Artillery!    Light Artillery!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 1:29 pm

hi...i have had this discussion with Tacan... and i believe Dark artillery incredibly difficult as it does not need LOS (line of sight). I believe when Dark fights PVE the light artillery still needs LOS. If i am wrong, let me know. The point is that when dark artillery is hidden behind trees on the other side of the lake at max range and is pounding your sorry ass as you try to run it down, going around the big lake mind you, well, i would be curious to fight against artillery that needs LOS.

This is not to say that Light is not overpowered... this is saying that each unit has its' advantages and disadvantages and i fear the vanilla effect....all units are the same and bland.  and if i am not mistaken, Light artillery has been nerfed at least once.. certainly mine are less destructive than they once were.

If the light artillery is that OP, then yes we should fix it but let's keep the unit advantages and disadvantages unique.... that is a great part of the  game... i had to redo my entire army for suicides... the ranged units were killing my straight melee army more often than i liked... so i started to level up and include my ranged units which made all the difference in the world.

thanx

kql
Back to top Go down
kqlkql

Light Artillery!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Artillery!    Light Artillery!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 1:30 pm

ps... i will vote as a show of unity
Back to top Go down
kqlkql

Light Artillery!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Artillery!    Light Artillery!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 1:31 pm

will vote yes... been a long day Smile
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

Light Artillery!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Artillery!    Light Artillery!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 2:14 pm

kqlkql wrote:
will vote yes... been a long day Smile

Dark artillery has its advantages i'm sure, it just misses a lot of shots, light artillery doesn't - at least that's my experience.
Back to top Go down
Durnik

Durnik

Light Artillery!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Artillery!    Light Artillery!  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 2:47 am

Voted Yes.
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Light Artillery!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Artillery!    Light Artillery!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 2:59 pm

Well really I would rather have that mass destruction weapon in my side (light arty), I really don´t like dark arty, is fun to use, but really need a ton of skill and luck to be able to do a (acceptable damage) to the enemy side, dark arty usually work better against campers and those who usually like to ball up and try to take cover/hide, but in pve or pvp against someone who just rush dark arty become totally useless because the enemy get too close and I have to stop fire because I just finish killing my own units...

reasons of why light arty is superior.

1. higher accuracy and missile cap.

2. much greater damage.

3. virtually ignore amor and endurance of the units.

4. lower AoE preventing to hurt your own units when enemy is close (but not so close).

Back to top Go down
kqlkql

Light Artillery!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Artillery!    Light Artillery!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 3:30 pm

been getting hammered by long range dark artillery on a regular basis... they nhide behind trees and do not need line of site.... if light artillery id nerfed then dark must have LOS... cause this is crazy... had 4 recently killing everything...
Back to top Go down
venumuse

Light Artillery!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Artillery!    Light Artillery!  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 10:48 am

I don't use artillery and I rarely fight them unless it's in coops, but from a neutral perspective; it sounds a lot like you guys just want to be able to never lose. It sounds like you guys lose 4 battles a day to Artillery being too strong. Think of artillery like a boss fight. You're not supposed to win every battle and everything isn't supposed to be easy. When I coop with people, I see their cavalry either do a ton of damage and become gods for killing everything or they die really fast, but my coop partners heavy infantry never take any damage even though they take the blunt damage of other heavy infantry units. Artillery is the only thing in the game it seems like that can kill player heavy infantry units. AI controlled archers don't snowball and AI cavalry aren't the best at flanking. Maybe you guys are right that artillery does too much damage or it's too accurate, but you also have to think of an alternative for AI units to win battles against Heavy Infantry Units.

Players are not supposed to win every battle. In my opinion, Suicide battles should have around 50-75% win ratios on average with better chances of drops. Right now, it sounds like players typically win 90-100% of fights unless it's an insanely hard artillery comp. This is the hardest difficulty in the game and people should lose. I honestly don't know why you guys complain about losing 1 in every 10-20 battles. This is partly why I don't play this game is because it's nothing but solid grinding. There is no challenge in this game. You can send all your units in a ball like I do straight at the enemy. Lose 80% of my units and still win. I don't see a reason to upgrade buildings or level up my units because all you get is more cp. When I was an elf, I set up a composition of 5 LIA units all level 3 and sent them into NM difficulty to see how well they did. I would win 65-75% of the times with that team but they would get really good exp and better drops back then.
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

Light Artillery!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Artillery!    Light Artillery!  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 7:40 am

This crap hasn't been fixed yet!

I hope the races are better balanced in Empyrean Rule than in BC.

This has and is still getting on my nerves, yet nothing is being done about it and that's not alright! Mad

We are totally outgunned on every parameter.
Back to top Go down
Oingoboingo

Light Artillery!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Artillery!    Light Artillery!  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 10:54 am

Boboknack wrote:
This crap hasn't been fixed yet!
We are totally outgunned on every parameter.

This is a complete overstatement. We lights have to fight against light artillery too when claiming hexes, and while you have to change tactics against light artillery, I don't have a different suicide win/loss ratio while fighting against light or dark. Sorry you can't just charge the enemy on fast forward in suicide, but both sides have their advantages and disadvantages. To say that this is a major game problem is overblown at best.

The bonus mechanism, capital armies, and new player retention/growth are all much more important imo. Let's hope BC survives long enough so that the devs can keep improving the experience.
Back to top Go down
kqlkql

Light Artillery!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Artillery!    Light Artillery!  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 11:06 am

i think the playing field pretty even...you guys need to get new players to stick around.. we need to get our players up to higher levels... there are advantages and disadvantages to every unit and race... come get pounded by 4 dark arty sitting behind trees at max range... wait.. first try to find them,,, then kill them..
i aint complaining... that is the challenge i face when fighting dark arty...that is the fun and challenge of the game... how do you adapt and make adjustments?
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

Light Artillery!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Artillery!    Light Artillery!  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 11:47 am

*Roundhouse kicks every Lightie that doesn't agree with me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb7lnpk3tRY
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Light Artillery!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Artillery!    Light Artillery!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Light Artillery!
Page 1 of 1