Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Truce of the light side

Go down 
+22
arvaxus
Savvage
Gorlak
Ektoplasma
BlueLeader3
Jaximus3655
galkabear
Zep
kysirn
Stinkfinger
Ellthune
Tibr
Fyrr
WorldEater
Rolelf
cgi
RuneSlayer
Pearl
Williumwall
THAN0S
XViper
turtle
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
turtle

Truce of the light side Empty
PostSubject: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 7:22 pm

can we all make a truce for the good of the light side?
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 7:24 pm

Not here turtle, that's silly Smile
Back to top Go down
THAN0S

THAN0S

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 7:33 pm

Cause then those pesky Dark Side guys will know about it.......

as if they couldn't tell when they start loosing tiles left and right :-P
Back to top Go down
Williumwall

Williumwall

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 7:41 pm

you don't say? lol! 
Back to top Go down
turtle

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 7:43 pm

if they know than what is the point of hiding it?
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 8:23 pm

THAN0S wrote:

as if they couldn't tell when they start loosing tiles left and right :-P
I agree with Than0s & believe that the dark faction will start losing tiles left & right ... if & when, we, the cool blue team, can agree to function as a united light side ...

... Instead of current behavior as the light side, which resembles a dysfunctional bunch of fighting cats.
Truce of the light side TGhaTgpNQuX0vRd3GVrK_qhOjaO4oRAvsAAMmJfQAIzoFlUirjlydtaDjtytYzzAt27je5M4Mxe-tFmWBLDEhEcmD3FS1iXybvhZlkTuddpVIz3PyNQ0g68JCA

This post doesn't seem to fit in the General Discussions catagory.

I suggest we move this discussion to Truce of the Light Side (which is in The Ancient Embassy & seems more appropriate there).
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 12:44 am

Done.
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 1:05 am

turtle wrote:
I'm happy to have discussions here, if the other light leaders are agreeable Smile

XViper wrote:
Not here turtle, that's silly Smile
This is a good a place as any -- in fact probably better than others.

THAN0S wrote:
I suggest we talk openly in front of them ... all indications is the Dark side has a pretty good idea what happens on the light side anyway.

More importantly ...

• It will amuse them ... maybe they will laugh so hard, we can march to their capital while they laugh themselves to death!
  • Or maybe, they will take pity on us;
  • Or maybe, this is all an elaborate propaganda ploy hatched by the light side to confuse the poor gullible leaders of the dark side Wink

turtle wrote:
if they know than what is the point of hiding it?
I agree Smile

RuneSlayer wrote:
Done.
Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
cgi

PostSubject: gathering proposals   Truce of the light side I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 4:29 am

Hi folks!
For those that don't know me I'm just an active player of the Light, in the nuclear turtles guild, and I want to contribute to the Common Good.
The proposal of a truce in our faction is more than positive. During last week we had proofs it was working (regaing regions!).
Fighting between us, in the back fields, take out energies from our common goal: to reach Dark capital!
Could you Leaders of the Guilds please come to an agreement on regions taking into account all the interests of the Big and Middle Guilds?
Let's go step by step:
1) Truce in the Light (1 or 2 weeks for negotiation)
2) Inter-Guilds conference (Guilds state their interest and the alternatives options/solutions).
3) Decisions (once an for all!) so that we all can enjoy the game!

See u!
Back to top Go down
Rolelf

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 5:59 am

Sure. The Grail has always been willing to negotiate:queen: 
Come up with a good proposal and our council will discuss it. If we agree then implementation follows. So is it spoken, so is it done!

Back to top Go down
THAN0S

THAN0S

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 6:33 am

Here is the truth.

The Dark has 2 super guilds, 2 regular guilds, and a bunch of sub-guilds. Those 2 guilds control almost all of the best regions, which benefit the largest number of Active Players and thus have the resources to 'BUILD' on their bonus regions. In all honesty the fewer number of Dark Side players has pretty much forced this situation, the most optimal, just to survive previously against the larger #s of the light side.

Until certain players, who are leaders in small guilds, come to the realization that the Light Side has to do something similar and dispense with all these inefficient and ineffectual small guilds, there will be no peace, only pieces.

Every guild under 1 million CP just isn't pulling enough weight to even deserve a Bonus Region no matter how much fame/players/GuildLV they might have. There are 50 regions on our 'half' of the map, given we can get some some back. Guilds can control 10 regions, max, which doing some simple math means that the maximum # of Light side guilds there should be is 5 and only 3-4 of them will have bonus regions. All others should be supporting those guilds through trade when it eventually gets developed.

THIS IS OBVIOUS. The Dark Side has been holding us off using this exact model for months and months.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The obvious breakdown of the top 4 guilds by CP is:

CKings - Center and Center East
CKnights - South East
Radiant - South Central
Prism - North Central
????? - North East (No Bonus regions) [Avengers, Polish Warriors?]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are in a guild that is not mentioned and you are battling more than 10 times a day, its time to move to a guild that will help the Light Side instead of diffuse us.
Back to top Go down
WorldEater

WorldEater

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 7:00 am

Hahahaha, yes, yes, let the wisdom of the Darkness flow through you, Crimson One. What a Face 
List of guilds you mentioned, also looks very crimson-ish, by the way.
Back to top Go down
THAN0S

THAN0S

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 7:07 am

Our color really should be Red. The Dark should be Brown or reflective Black ;-)
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 7:24 am

Joyce wrote:
Or maybe, this is all an elaborate propaganda ploy hatched by the light side to confuse the poor gullible leaders of the dark side
names, we want names! Very Happy

Damn so many lighties here, feels like the trade chat.

Than0s wrote:
Our color really should be Red. The Dark should be Brown or reflective Black
Nah, darkies should be white of course. While lighties drown in blood.

WorldEater wrote:

Hahahaha, yes, yes, let the wisdom of the Darkness flow through you, Crimson One
he's good... a bit concerning? he should be at our side.

Whaaat about Halls and Elysium?
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 7:35 am

The top 10 light guilds in the CP order, the numbers represent the potential value of said guilds to the light faction over the time of their existance:

1. Ckings 3.48m
2. Cknight 2.41m
3. The Radiant 1.54m
4. Prism 941k
5. Avengers 842k
6. Polish Warriors 644k
7. The Bounty Hunters 541k
8. The Guardians 484k
9. The Outriders 410k
10. Halls of Insanity 330k

Now the really funny part is that there are another 20 light guilds who want tiles as well. Just because. They dont realise that developing a bonus tile costs a lot of ressources and we are talking millions here. Making use of a bonus tile with 10 members is very hard, for example a gold mine generates 2% more gold per level, you need to spend about a million of ressources (for supplies and the mine upgrades) to get 10% higher gold generation in your smelter. Then consider how many active players a guild has that would really benefit from it and how long it will take for that investment to pay off, then consider how many of them are donating to get those tiles upgraded. Now there is a realistic picture. Many smaller guilds think about fancy regions but honestly a bonus tile for only 10 active players is a wasted one.

Than0s statement about focused boni to reach maximal number of players is very reasonable in terms of efficiency, progression and the actual benefit to the light faction. So yeah i dont mind a fair distribution, but it also has to make sense and the guilds to claim one also have to prove their value to the faction by reaching at least 1million CP and possibly other criteria like nr. of active players or time of existance etc (ppl come ppl go, some longterm commitment to the game is necessary).
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 8:31 am

Tibr wrote:
The top 10 light guilds in the CP order, the numbers represent the potential value of said guilds to the light faction over the time of their existance:

1. Ckings 3.48m
2. Cknight 2.41m
3. The Radiant 1.54m
4. Prism 941k

Many smaller guilds think about fancy regions but honestly a bonus tile for only 10 active players is a wasted one.

Than0s statement about focused boni to reach maximal number of players is very reasonable in terms of efficiency, progression and the actual benefit to the light faction.
aww... you say only 3 guilds (over 1M cps) deserve bonuses? Radiant being less active but oldddd.. scratch  well lighties logic.

the comments about 10 members are sort of screaming Halls of Insanity Razz  Well for me it's inspiring to see such a tiny cute guild having a nice bonus region, who cares if not many people use it. And you all want to redistribute the tiles according to what..? Boring big guilds? Go on, civil war, yay! Cause I doubt that Halls or Elysium or whatever will give you such bonuses willingly. Why don't our side have such problems? Hmpf. Though fun to read.

Oh we had the likes of Halls too, Kuba's CG, now it's a big guild. Your side however prefers creating new ones instead of going to those with bonuses. Or maybe Faer doesn't let you in? Heh. For me only that elf and CKs deserve their regions, well mayyybe radiant and few others from that top 10.

i seriously wish there was a way to delete some of those tiny inactive guilds which never develop.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 8:43 am

I just say, CP indicates a guilds dedication to the game, a vision, activity to a degree and also longterm progression. Newcomer guilds are what they are, newcomers. They usually depend on the leader and have not evolved to the level of other ppl stepping up and bothering for the good of the community once the leader suffers burnout or just changes in real life. Newcomer guilds break apart as soon as their leader gets bored very often.

I dont want to bring any examples but we have many smaller guilds i wont give a chance to survive if their one leader/key person leaves the game. It is a waste to invest tiles into a uncertain cause (as it will maintain the endless conflict about who gets what tiles) - thats the whole point and CP is one of few indicators to look at.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 9:29 am

*grins, pats his trusted runed waraxes and whispers to himself while walking away slowly* There will be blood...
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 11:51 am

Lol, so much to respond to -- I'm at a loss where to begin!

I believe, therefore, its best to present my case first & then I can respond to what others have posted.

First, as to matter of principles:

• This is a game & my primary purpose is to enjoy playing the game
  • Which means, among other choices, I can be as silly as I want, since I enjoy being silly
  • Each person will choose their own purpose for this game & these choices are all valid.
  • My friend, swtiger, can choose to treat this as a city building game - and never fight.  That is the part of the game she enjoys.
  • Likewise each guild will choose its own purpose for this game & these choices are valid.
  • A guild, can choose to only trade, and never fight, anywhere -- again, a valid choice.

Truce of the light side 8GTZNBIi-xdPphb_bq9qZ005vMYZe8OvxlKZE6XcPAFywEVur-oZLdKr8AQQqD2nmw4G5icNawt0xCHMVo0id1bvQhBYEhPEzrVYaWomkSFiqDrFNCgrbEiUUwFor example, the Drunken Dwarves, are a really fun role-playing guild.
I really don't care if they fight on the front lines or not ever --- they have fun in their own way.

Also a guild can choose to hire itself out, to make money.  A totally valid choice, as part of roleplaying ... Truce of the light side X-nK5rhw1eWQgm79EI_tBxvRJn4Qi-ojqZLtqaTaKLA1EkNyYM3YbLb2QLMNM72uONnXEgAetWCwxmeISamUdfE0UdbsokdvpFU5LVr4WmQ7eItxiZUikR5CBQ
And is a very realistic choice for a war game.  It make the overall game more colorful & fun for everyone.

Therefore, I strongly object to saying a guild "should" fight on the front lines.

Or for example that people "should" stop talking & go fight on the front lines. Rolling Eyes 

We are free agents, here to enjoy a game, each in our own way.

On the other hand -- just as a guild can make a valid choice not to fight on the front lines (as for example Judgement did); that does not mean the other guild have to like this choice.

Its equally valid for the other guilds to decide, we don't like the choice you made ... so we will sabotage the regions you control & take control of those regions for ourselves.

The choice, for people on the light faction, to view the dark faction as the enemy is likewise a choice ... not a matter of "should".

This is both a light .vs. dark & a guild .vs. guild game -- as is evident by all the development effort the developers have put into guild warfare.

Its part of this game & a valid choice for guilds to decide whether or not to participate in.

RuneSlayer wrote:
*grins, pats his trusted runed waraxes and whispers to himself while walking away slowly*  There will be blood...
Yes, yes, there has & will be blood ...  by design too, quite evidently ...

I joined the game on July 23rd, 2013:

• On August 2nd, Dakota called me a 'temptress'
  • On August 3rd, a friend asked me my opinion of the game, so I gave an honest opinion
... So here is my unvarnished opinion of the game after playing 11 days  ...

Truce of the light side R5zTf1A7Q5oXj4CFn_hSDEXa0vsnRSdpQxNRcHz-UH2QQZMpDVh5BKwF7vaCXEsJANf9cZvFSYO2sI69accaDJAY6Yd87dA6ixsnjya_t3uZ7jvx728123UDeg

Truce of the light side 0aJkSP3NdZVBwTiBaKwOxGE-3GZ_luWrbfQejWUqw3_K-ACKs-bxTyer5x6-ELGOH1Wgt7CM4Ngj__RPPQ8sizglW88ZmyEjjemNAUxy3vM8wjTzL4gwib6GYA

Truce of the light side BDyC_fkWar6hsNaCUaK_F3hbXTMcObAY7rfwGwZAfsZ6Gfu7t-kXn-baipsQt3ClZFPwFHqa448phDvblEkwA5fWH5v4_WKLz2_USQT5N-KMA_jcI7F71JT3LA

I still believe ... the light faction can resist the temptation the developers have dangled before us! Wink

Congratulations though -- an impressive & brilliant temptation.

One day though, we will resist your temptation and stop the spilling of blood on the light side ...

Truce of the light side TermsHaving said all that .. it is Prism's choice to be a light .vs. dark guild.  We want to fight on the front lines.  And we hope at least 95% of the light guilds make the same choice.

However, since no guild can coerce another guild on how to behave (and saying "you should fight on the front lines" is an invalid approach, as I view it) ... Thus, I believe the only feasible approach is to come to an agreement on territories & behavior -- between those guilds that wish to make such an agreement.

Within the context of an agreement: "You should fight on the front lines" is a  valid approach ... *IF* that is part of the overall agreement.

Once a guild has given its word, it is quite appropriate to hold it accountable to what it has agreed to & it "should" behave in accord with what it has agreed to.

Now then, as regard a truce, Krawehl attempted to arrange one starting Sunday October 20th 15:00 server time until Sunday October 27th, 15:00 server time.

To the left is Prism's offer of the terms -- and Krawehl attempted (as I understand it) to talk to other guilds about terms ...
Fyrr wrote:
Joyce wrote:
Or maybe, this is all an elaborate propaganda ploy hatched by the light side to confuse the poor gullible leaders of the dark side
names, we want names! Very Happy
Umm, umm, umm, let me see who to blame ... *thinks* ...

Umm this is all Dakota's & Faerrolon's insane scheme! Razz

... However, these terms where rejected

I'll end my too long a response with one simple question:

turtle wrote:
How do we make this "truce" [turtle's words] more successful than previous truces?

Truce of the light side Rejected

(The above is from Wendesday, October 23rd, 2013, 16:18 server time)
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 4:04 pm

But, isn't a truce always chosen by a party in a tight spot? Why should a party having the upper hand give up the current advantage and allow time to others to organize themselves and eventually fight back...? Hmmmm... *sharpens his runed waraxes with a grin on his face*
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 4:17 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
But, isn't a truce always chosen by a party in a tight spot? Why should a party having the upper hand give up the current advantage and allow time to others to organize themselves and eventually fight back...? Hmmmm... *sharpens his runed waraxes with a grin on his face*
You're a horrible person.
Back to top Go down
THAN0S

THAN0S

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 5:44 pm

Having read Joyce's post, twice, I am still wondering what she was trying to get at other than 'everybody has a choice' and that whatever it is, 'its valid'.

Its completely and totally obvious that everybody has a choice. Drinking and driving is a choice, its just not valid. Premeditated, unprovoked murder is a choice, but its not valid. Deciding that your own ambitions are more important than the survival of a nation is a choice, its just not valid.

Maybe somebody should look up what valid means?
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/valid

Unfortunately, in this game world:
Assassination is not a choice. (YET)
Ejection by popular vote is not a choice.
Sending the armies of entire enraged guilds stomping your buildings back to level 1 is not a choice. (YET)

If such were possible, then people would be much more polite/diplomatic for one, and wouldn't be so greedy for what other people already have and fought hard to get.

We are trying to find solutions, you just keep bringing up problems or continue to be the problem. You blather about destiny and the Dark Capital, but the only thing you keep going on about is region control in an ever decreasing # of light controlled regions.

I posted my solution.

Instead of l3itching about how everybody has a choice (and how valid they are) lets hear your solution!

Back to top Go down
Ellthune

Ellthune

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 5:51 pm

What?
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 5:51 pm

Lets also keep in mind CP while a good indicator of guild ability and power, means nothing if its sitting on a 'dead\inactive' player.

CP generation is clearly a much better indicator. Unfortunately right now, almost impossible to discern with any amount of accuracy.

So far I think Than0s has provided the most constructive information at present.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 3:19 am

THAN0S wrote:
Assassination is not a choice. (YET)
Ejection by popular vote is not a choice.
Sending the armies of entire enraged guilds stomping your buildings back to level 1 is not a choice. (YET)
Hmmm.....interesting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Truce of the light side   Truce of the light side I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Truce of the light side
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next