Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Morale, are there better stats?

Go down 
+4
Zep
Khor
RuneSlayer
Glorfindel
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Khor

Khor

Morale, are there better stats? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morale, are there better stats?   Morale, are there better stats? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 11:17 am

Ok for a specific example, does an elf at 60 range, receive the same penalty as a gunner at 45 range ? So that the penalty is proportional to the ability or the penalty is set at like specific distances.

I had a thought that if one of your squads retreats/dies, it would hurt the moral of all your squads, this could turn a tide very quickly.

Is there a place we can read the lore? Who IS the most ancient, elf or dwarf? In some lores its elf, in some its dwarf. I believe dwarf, hewn from the stone, old as the mountains, are much older than people of the forests Razz
If you want a cool read, Shadowbane had an amazing and thorough Dwarf history.

The Bard/Warlord hero would apply moral bonuses to all squads though, not just the one they are in Razz just the idea i had. Maybe like uh... Troll Drummers from BFME.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Morale, are there better stats?   Morale, are there better stats? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 11:31 am

Quote :
Ok for a specific example, does an elf at 60 range, receive the same penalty as a gunner at 45 range ? So that the penalty is proportional to the ability or the penalty is set at like specific distances.

The penalty is proportional to the range of the unit. It is not a default value.

To be honest, we haven't written anything about the history of the world yet, though it is something that we would love to do. There are so many things we have to do first though, which places it to the bottom of our priorities right now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Khor

Khor

PostSubject: Re: Morale, are there better stats?   Morale, are there better stats? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 12:55 pm

You should start with how the Dwarves forged and shaped the world, lead by the best dwarven king ever, Alebeardahm Zincoln, who was also the tallest dwarf king at 5 foot 5.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Morale, are there better stats?   Morale, are there better stats? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 2:12 pm

Thanks for the combat mechanics details. Updated my thread/guide.

http://www.battleconforum.com/t142-new-player-help-understanding-unit-stats-and-combat-mechanics#449
Back to top Go down
Khor

Khor

PostSubject: Re: Morale, are there better stats?   Morale, are there better stats? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 5:50 pm

Bleh... I constantly feel like i hate hurting my enemies moral, i flanked these archers, they were toast, until they ran out of moral and retreated. I'm dwarf, i cant chase them, if they didnt break moral the would of died. If it was a player they could just Retreat and run away

pleeaaaase give us a throwing axe ability ;o... i want want to capitalize on enemies that flee. You know in your heart dwarves throw axes like a boss. 25 range axe throw ability to replace Hatred Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Khor

Khor

PostSubject: Re: Morale, are there better stats?   Morale, are there better stats? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 11:30 am

Bump, you mentioned that low moral has a chance to cause Shivers, which lowers someones Melee ? Does this appropriately lower an ARCHERS missile skill instead ? Since lowering its melee doesnt help as much !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morale, are there better stats?   Morale, are there better stats? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Morale, are there better stats?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2