Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Flanking issues

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Glorfindel

Glorfindel

Flanking issues Empty
PostSubject: Flanking issues   Flanking issues I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 6:53 am

This is just some general information about some of the issues I have been having with flanking and my general observations. If any other player has any info to add to this, please do. I have been working with the devs to figure out what this bug is and how it happens.

It appears that your unit can get flanked if you are using one (or more) of the terrain features to hide behind or to protect your flank. My first bug happened this way, almost like the bad guys ghosted around it to hit my side. The other way this seems to happen is if you overlap 2 or more of your units with the idea to keep a solid front toward the enemy. Bad guys seem to be able to exploit this overlap and flank somehow.

I am still trying to get more info in order to nail down what is happening and how, but if anyone else has any insight on this. Or if it happens to you, try to post here what happened and as much as you can remember, so we can stomp this bug. Smile
Back to top Go down
the gunslinger

Flanking issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flanking issues   Flanking issues I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 10:27 am

Happpened to me several times as well that they can just go right through towns and mountains or whatever to hit me on the side that was protected...doesn't always happen but it does happen when to terrain items are close making a narrow corridor.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Flanking issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flanking issues   Flanking issues I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:24 am

Thanks to Glorfindel, we made a fix to the algorithm which determined the occurrence of flanking. It will be uploaded later today.

In order for a unit to flank another, it should attack it from a specific angle. What was happening before is that the angle was quite wide, so it allowed a unit to flank another one if it attacked with its "edge" and as a result you could be flanked even if you were attacked front to front.

The problem with troops going through objects is something that we will fix very soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flanking issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flanking issues   Flanking issues I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flanking issues
Page 1 of 1