Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Unit control

Go down 
+5
Williumwall
lightshield
Fyrr
Realf Lantow
Zara
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Zara

Zara

Unit control Empty
PostSubject: Unit control   Unit control I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 4:24 am

I do not know if this is really a bug but it has been annoying me for quite some time now so I wanted to check if it is.

Sadly my currrent computer is not good enough to run a video programm while playing so I will have to explain:

When a unit is engaged in melee combat and gets free again (enemy flees or is killed) and I have the unit selected to send them after another target (cav going for spread archers f.e.) I experience that clicking the target directly a) the red line does not show and b) the unit I try to send does not move. This part is important btw, because it only happens after they finished a fight. Troops waiting behind cover never have this problem.

I have to select a point behind the target unit on the map, green line and banner show up and unit starts to move and AFTER that I can click the target to get the red line. Having your army spread over the map while chasing fleeing units and hunting down all those archers that had the guts to stop again you need to be able to control your armies as quickly as possible to avoid losing troops just because the system can not translate your clicks into the correct actions imo.

How often did I click a unit to go for archers, double-tapped the hotkey for the next unit to jump the map and give orders there, just to jump back later and see the unit idle and getting shot at by the archers i deemed dead already by then.

Is this something anyone else has experienced, or is there something I am missing? Just to make sure: The reaction of a unit is just the time it takes after I gave an order until it is executed right? Not the time I have to wait after I selected the unit until I am able to give commands because that would suck big time imho!

I hope I could describe it enough for you to be able to answer this matter, it has been bugging my mind for quite some time. Wink
Back to top Go down
Realf Lantow

Unit control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unit control   Unit control I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 8:05 am

I've had the same problem quite a few times... Sad
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

Unit control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unit control   Unit control I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 9:05 am

I notice it sometimes in coops when many units are in one pile, it's hard to produce the red line (or to generally move sometimes).
Also, sometimes units drop the order while walking, maybe they start thinking too much and get scared. Smile Couldn't replicate this at will though.

And quite much with artillery, changing orders to fire. It's way easier to order moving and reorder attacking. But maybe it's supposed to change targets slowwwly.
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

Unit control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unit control   Unit control I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 12:17 am

Thanks for the report Zara. I wasn't aware of such a thing.

We'll look at it.
Back to top Go down
Williumwall

Williumwall

Unit control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unit control   Unit control I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 12:50 am

Fyrr that happened once to me when I charged my units to attack a heavy so they ran out of cuver froze and got killed by a group of 5+ archers.
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

Unit control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unit control   Unit control I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 2:11 am

lightshield wrote:

We'll look at it.

cheers cheers  Thanks! Hope you can fix it. cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

Unit control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unit control   Unit control I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 8:05 pm

Zara wrote:
lightshield wrote:

We'll look at it.

cheers cheers  Thanks! Hope you can fix it. cheers cheers 

Well it doesn't seem to be fixed. Here's a screen shot. Me and this DL HI are obviously not in combat but we have been standing there for 3 seconds or such and we can't move our troops. http://prntscr.com/1hdkv0
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

Unit control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unit control   Unit control I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 11:59 pm

Nope it isn't as of yet. I didn't have time to look at it. Sorry guys Sad . I'll inform you when it's fixed.
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

Unit control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unit control   Unit control I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:47 am

Hello again.

I tried to replicate the bug but unfortunately it didn't happen.

When the unit is ordered for attack indeed the red line isn't as fast as the green light in showing up (that doesn't mean that the order wasn't sent), but the unit did move.

Is this bug always happening to you or is it random, or after special circumstances?
Back to top Go down
Nethack

Unit control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unit control   Unit control I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:55 am

It happens nearly all the time after a unit kills another. You have to reiterate the order several time.

But if you click behind an ennemy unit it works right away. It's only when you click on an unit after killing another one.
Back to top Go down

Unit control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unit control   Unit control I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 6:19 am

Nethack wrote:
It happens nearly all the time after a unit kills another. You have to reiterate the order several time.

But if you click behind an ennemy unit it works right away. It's only when you click on an unit after killing another one.

I can confirm this to 100%.
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

Unit control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unit control   Unit control I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 6:24 am

scratch 

Back to the testing chamber....
Back to top Go down
Realf Lantow

Unit control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unit control   Unit control I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 7:40 am

9999 wrote:
Nethack wrote:

I can confirm this to 100%.

same experience here.
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

Unit control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unit control   Unit control I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 7:49 am

Like most already mentioned, happens if you have multiple units on one target and they pile up. After that unit dies you try to spread  them to new targets but they simply stand still.

What I do: Pile of 4 Cav kills f.e. a LIA unit - 7 archer units stand spread nearby - using hotkeys 1-4 for the Cav it goes (while moving mouse over the map): 1, click, 2, click and so on (pretty fast since it should not matter how long a unit is selected), expecting the 4 Cav spread out after the proper reaction time.

What happens really often is at least 1 or 2 of the Cav remain on its current position. The others start moving out.

My matches consist of a constant spamming every units hotkey over and over again and spamming clicks to keep the units moving with the lowest possible idle time. When in big matches that often earns me confused looks from my family as I really press and click like there is no tomorrow. And still sometimes I scroll around on the map and see idle troops.
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

Unit control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unit control   Unit control I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:47 am

I have been doing the same thing with 5 cav from shortcuts 5-9, but still haven't encountered such an issue.
I must be missing something here confused
Back to top Go down
Bobba

Unit control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unit control   Unit control I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:54 am

lightshield wrote:
I have been doing the same thing with 5 cav from shortcuts 5-9, but still haven't encountered such an issue.
I must be missing something here confused
Strange because the same thing happens to me. After defeating a unit my men like to stand idly around with the red arrow still there for a few seconds. Do you target the next unit to attack before the one you are fighting dies? Otherwise the glitch might not happen (though I haven't confirmed this).
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

Unit control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unit control   Unit control I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 11:36 am

Bobba wrote:

Strange because the same thing happens to me. After defeating a unit my men like to stand idly around with the red arrow still there for a few seconds.

The red arrow you say? I've seen that issue, althought I wouldn't call it a bug, rather than lag. I haven't encountered it lately. But that may be a reason for the control bug if the others are getting it too, because that red arrow means that the unit is considered still in combat so you are not able to control it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Unit control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unit control   Unit control I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unit control
Page 1 of 1