Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Who wants more gold...?

Go down 
+7
Hegorn
kuba_
Fyrr
Zara
Savvage
RuneSlayer
11 posters
AuthorMessage
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Who wants more gold...? Empty
PostSubject: Who wants more gold...?   Who wants more gold...? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 1:19 am

Rhetorical question...I know...

More on that, later today... Wink
Back to top Go down
Savvage

Savvage

PostSubject: Re: Who wants more gold...?   Who wants more gold...? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:16 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Rhetorical question...I know...

More on that, later today... Wink
Gold makes the world go around Smile
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Who wants more gold...?   Who wants more gold...? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:25 am

Lol, not more gold. Just lower repair costs (damn I start repeating myself almost like Fyrr (no bad feelings Fyrr tongue ))!

I doubt I am used to the golden age like you mentioned in the other thread is the major part of the problem.

That would mean I would just have to tone it down, but right now all! (except 1 piece on each team I use) epic and godlike gear is just using space in my inventory because no matter what I try I lose so much gold when using it I would go bankrupt pretty quick and yes I tested it and it is not exaggeration. It is like you make ~10k in 10 matches and have repairs for 12-17k. So I guess more gold would just lead to even higher AH prices, which did not really go down to reasonable ratios after the last nerf but that is not your fault but peoples greed! Wink
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Who wants more gold...?   Who wants more gold...? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:38 am

We are not providing more gold. Smile However, if a cost is lowered, then you end up with more gold...hence the "Who wants more gold?"

Without elaborating too much on what we are working right now...there exists an inconsistency in the repair mechanism... More testing will provide much better results...I will make a post later today and there will be a change as well...It might make it in today's update... I will keep you all updated..
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Who wants more gold...?   Who wants more gold...? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:49 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
We are not providing more gold.

Typical Very Happy 

RuneSlayer wrote:
Without elaborating too much on what we are working right now

Why not? Suspect 

Repairs, YES!!

But I'd suggest looking at pvp rewards too. It's way faster and profitable to do solos... so if you want to see more people pvping... MORE REWARDS!
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: Who wants more gold...?   Who wants more gold...? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 3:01 am

what is the price for statment "more gold"?

Greater challenge maybe?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Who wants more gold...?   Who wants more gold...? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 3:18 am

kuba_ wrote:
what is the price for statment "more gold"?

Greater challenge maybe?

Not at all...No price here...

To make a long story short...

Current Repair Cost Formula

[Current Value of Item*(Current Max Durability-Current Durability)/Current Max Durability]*0.4

Remark: There is a 5% depreciation rate to calculate the Current Value of Item.

Problem: As your Current Max Durability goes lower and lower, and especially at low values 15 and lower for example, the player needs to do repairs more and more frequently (i.e. less battles between Repaired Item and Broken Item), though the repair cost is still high.

For a 10.000 Gold GL item with 50 Durability, when brand new, its repair cost at 0/10 Durability would be 1227. Taking into consideration that the repair will reduce the new Max Durability by 1 (the lower the current max durability the lower the max durability loss due to repairing), then the player has 9 battles to accumulate 1227 gold. It is even worse when Durability is 0/5 with repair cost being 949.

Solution: Find a way to depreciate the repair cost depending on the Current Max Durability

New Repair Cost Formula

[Current Value of Item*(Current Max Durability-Current Durability)/Current Max Durability]*[1-(Rarity Max Durability-Current Max Durability)/Rarity Max Durability

If we use the examples above, the new repair costs would be 614 Gold for 0/10 Durability, instead of 1227 Gold and 237 Gold for 0/5 Durability, instead of 949.

Still conducting tests and calculations, but the new formula looks WIN.

I guess the "story" wasn't that short...but oh well...
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Who wants more gold...?   Who wants more gold...? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 3:50 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
I guess the "story" wasn't that short...but oh well...

lol, it happens all the time with my posts.

And wow, even talking about formulas, PERFECT cheers 

I'm SO happy about you providing such info Wink (Others are too, i think, just not telling all the time).

Just couple of things...

RuneSlayer wrote:
Rarity Max Durability
Can you give exact values?

RuneSlayer wrote:
There is a 5% depreciation rate to calculate the Current Value of Item
Does the value go back to max after reforging?
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Who wants more gold...?   Who wants more gold...? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 3:52 am

If it will be as awesome as it sounds repairs will still be expensive but will not be as much gold grave when you have low dur on epic and godlike gear which would be such a relief! Can´t wait to see the effects live!

Thanks again in advance for having an ear on the street and trying to react in a reasonable way to our concerns where possible!
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Who wants more gold...?   Who wants more gold...? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 3:56 am

Zara wrote:
If it will be as awesome as it sounds repairs will still be expensive but will not be as much gold grave when you have low dur on epic and godlike gear which would be such a relief! Can´t wait to see the effects live!

Thanks again in advance for having an ear on the street and trying to react in a reasonable way to our concerns where possible!

Always Zara...always...

That's the basic idea actually...repair costs to scale according to the durability, so as to prevent situations where a repair cost will be around 2000 Gold with 5 battles remaining, until it's broken...

We will decrease the value of the items a bit as well, and everything should be fine.....We are not going back to Golden Age, but the smiths won't be that greedy, regarding repairing costs, any longer...
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Who wants more gold...?   Who wants more gold...? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 4:36 am

Damn, my bonus to getting Rune's answers seems to have expired Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Who wants more gold...?   Who wants more gold...? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 5:58 am

Quote :
Does the value go back to max after reforging?
Effectively yes.

Though it looks like the new formula is using a constant "max durability for that rarity" as opposed to the "original max durability" for the item.

I've always thought reforging put it back at "original max durability" but it may instead revert it to that constant based on the rarity. Either way its effectively a new item with a new max durability.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who wants more gold...?   Who wants more gold...? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 6:45 am

Maybe you could lower the repairtime also, as the slots are from time to time overcrowded?
http://www.battleconforum.com/t528-more-repair-slots
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Who wants more gold...?   Who wants more gold...? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 6:48 am

9999 wrote:
Maybe you could lower the repairtime also, as the slots are from time to time overcrowded?
http://www.battleconforum.com/t528-more-repair-slots

We will add more slots in time...
Back to top Go down
Archer

PostSubject: FORMULA = WIN!   Who wants more gold...? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:06 pm

Thank you for the formula for this!

I've never understood why giving formulas is such a taboo for devs!

NUMBERS ARE A GOOD THING!
Back to top Go down
Gorlak

Gorlak

PostSubject: Re: Who wants more gold...?   Who wants more gold...? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:18 pm

Fyrr wrote:

I'm SO happy about you providing such info Wink (Others are too, i think, just not telling all the time).

Very much so.  Thanks Rune
Back to top Go down
seegn0me

PostSubject: Re: Who wants more gold...?   Who wants more gold...? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:20 pm

What Archer said.

I would gladly have paid twice as much for repairs if the repair time was cut by even just a quarter.  Tally one player confused about the usefulness of the change.
Back to top Go down
Nethack

PostSubject: Re: Who wants more gold...?   Who wants more gold...? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:45 pm

Excellent news. Thanks for reducing the repair costs. cheers

Since we're talkig about the repair page and all... is there a reason why this page crafting / repairing always take a lot longer than the other pages to load ? Maybe it's just me, but all the items always take a long time while everything else is super fast.

I have a pretty good connection and a really good computer so I'm always a little bit surprised when I need to access repair / crafting. 
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Who wants more gold...?   Who wants more gold...? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 1:11 pm

Nethack wrote:

Since we're talkig about the repair page and all... is there a reason why this page crafting / repairing always take a lot longer than the other pages to load ? Maybe it's just me, but all the items always take a long time while everything else is super fast.

I have a pretty good connection and a really good computer so I'm always a little bit surprised when I need to access repair / crafting. 

I assume you have more than 30 items? Smile It has to sort and receive a lot of info... This is something that we need to improve...just find a way to execute the db query faster and more efficient.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Who wants more gold...?   Who wants more gold...? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 1:28 pm

Archer wrote:
Thank you for the formula for this!

I've never understood why giving formulas is such a taboo for devs!

NUMBERS ARE A GOOD THING!

even lighties agree with me on this one. NUMBERS cheers 

Nethack, I know you're an item hoarder, heh, so yea, takes a long time to load (for you, and me obviously. AND it's a pain to scroll, too sensitive).
Back to top Go down
Nethack

PostSubject: Re: Who wants more gold...?   Who wants more gold...? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:00 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
Nethack wrote:

I assume you have more than 30 items? :)It has to sort and receive a lot of info... This is something that we need to improve...just find a way to execute the db query faster and more efficient.

30 items rofl ?

Holy cow... I don't want to tell you how many items I have. Let's just say I'm working on the 1000 crafted items achievement. And I do break a lot of them but still... ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who wants more gold...?   Who wants more gold...? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who wants more gold...?
Page 1 of 1