Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race

Go down 
+13
Scaren
Latexlord
Gafse
Fyrr
Hegorn
irishimc
Piktas
Dakota337
Souless
kuba_
Zee94
Chip56
RuneSlayer
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race Empty
PostSubject: Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race   Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 7:34 am

For your viewing pleasure... (Let us hope I have copy pasted everything right!)

Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race Starti10
Back to top Go down
Chip56

PostSubject: Re: Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race   Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 7:51 am

I want an ironfort with 17 movement too!
Back to top Go down
Zee94

PostSubject: Re: Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race   Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 8:00 am

You forgot to include the stats for the dwarves Gyrocopter btw.
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race   Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 8:08 am

thanks for stats, great work
but assault infantry is missing.
Back to top Go down
Souless

Souless

PostSubject: Re: Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race   Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 8:12 am

Thank you for the stats and caps change, now it's much more decent to see than before in my opinion
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race   Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 8:16 am

Hmmm..I need to add Heroes and the DPS units...
Back to top Go down
Dakota337

PostSubject: Re: Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race   Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 8:57 am

Stats caps for all the elf units that i use are so ungodly low (LI/HI) i cant use half my gear that i crafted and traded for. I understand that you need to do stuff in terms of balance but after investing a lot of time and money you have made it so my race is the worst at how i like playing and never would have selected them having known this is how they would be changed. I can come within 11 pts of maxing all 4 combat stats on an LI with 1 item. Have you given any thought about allowing players to change race and keep there hard earned units / research / items?

Thanks as always
Dakota
Back to top Go down
Souless

Souless

PostSubject: Re: Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race   Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 9:09 am

Dakota337 wrote:
Stats caps for all the elf units that i use are so ungodly low (LI/HI) i cant use half my gear that i crafted and traded for.  I understand that you need to do stuff in terms of balance but after investing a lot of time and money you have made it so my race is the worst at how i like playing and never would have selected them having known this is how they would be changed.   I can come within 11 pts of maxing all 4 combat stats on an LI with 1 item.  Have you given any thought about allowing players to change race and keep there hard earned units / research / items?  

Thanks as always
Dakota

Have you ever thought those items were too OP stating that you are saying you can cap 4 stats with 1 godlike?
All godlikes give an enourmous amount of stats regardless of unit type, the solution is easy, reduce stats on items based on a unit type godlike included so you can equip all 4 of em

Last edited by Souless on Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race   Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 9:10 am

i have few thoughts about new balance.

At first good ones:

1. Dark Legion - very good work
2. Dwarf - nice cap endurence for their HI , but due to low starting endurence its almost imposible to reach

Now bad ones (all will be concerned end game, pvp, cap stat):

1. Look at humans and elfs, look again and again. Do you want force to quit all elf experienced players (that is their first impresion)? Except archers any of their unit is much worse than human (i am talking about firepower not speed)

2. Undead - i dont see cap lowered for HI its getting bored to take my HI with max melee and strenght to PVP and kill everyone because i have 5 soldiers more in unit.

3. Orcs - they are too weak compare to Humans

4. Humans - they are now undoubtedly the best faction on light side, much stronger than rest (max cap).

Can you check max cap again? I am pretty sure there were some errors while coping to forum.

And nerf undead i want to lose sometimes in PVP when i go at full strenght (but not always).
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race   Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 9:25 am

kuba wrote:
1. Look at humans and elfs, look again and again. Do you want force to quit all elf experienced players (that is their first impresion)? Except archers any of their unit is much worse than human (i am talking about firepower not speed)

Wrong, Elves have a quick reaction rendering them faster in combat and therefore hitting faster than the Humans.

kuba wrote:
2. Undead - i dont see cap lowered for HI its getting bored to take my HI with max melee and strenght to PVP and kill everyone because i have 5 soldiers more in unit.

Looking closer, you will notice that in some stats the Undead are better and in some worse than other races.

kuba wrote:
4. Humans - they are now undoubtedly the best faction on light side, much stronger than rest (max cap).

Looking closer you will find that each race has its advantages and disadvantages compared to the other races.

It's all about the synergies in a battle, the tactical maneuvers and not about comparing one unit to the other head to head.
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race   Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 9:33 am

Rune if you dont belive me try to create elf army with 1900 ap who will be able defeat mine in pvp.

One hint: you cant create such army
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race   Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 am

kuba_ wrote:
Rune if you dont belive me try to create elf army with 1900 ap who will be able defeat mine in pvp.

One hint: you cant create such army

Kuba, the only reason why Undead had it easy, was the fact that the "Unbreakable" special ability prevented "shivering" to occur. That means that even if you were low in Morale, you would never receive a penalty in Melee due to shivering. This will change on Monday though, as we only discovered this bug today... With the Undead having low Morale, other races will be able to activate shiver and inflict more damage.
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race   Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 9:44 am

they cannot flank me because i usually have more units on battlefield, and once again we are talking about units who reach cap in almost all stats (yes its possible). With this new cap no elves army can defeat me. My opinion is based on my gameplay experience not stupid pride. Penalty for morale does not matter in this case, but i will want to talk about it later in different topic.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race   Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 9:50 am

kuba_ wrote:
they cannot flank me because i usually have more units on battlefield, and once again we are talking about units who reach cap in almost all stats (yes its possible). With this new cap no elves army can defeat me. My opinion is based on my gameplay experience not stupid pride. Penalty for morale does not matter in this case, but i will want to talk about it later in different topic.

I don't think you know how shiver works. Smile If a unit's MOBA (Morale in Battle) drops, then at around 65% the first Morale Checks occur. A failed Morale Check could lead to a flee action or shiver. Flee...well is flee...Shiver will give a penalty to Melee, NOT Morale, thus changing the variables during an engagement. Now, although Undead are unbreakable and they do not flee, they SHOULD roll for shiver, something that hasn't been occurring due to a bug, which will be resolved with Monday's update.

A clever Elf player would use his Archers from afar to reduce your units' morale and then with the difference of 20 in Morale would activate shiver during the engagement.

Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race   Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 9:51 am

k don't boo me off the stage immediately my dwarven allies but I need clarification on this. I know that dwarves need some kind of advantage to compensate for their slow speed but I thought that that's what their endurance is for.

When people were complaining about the slow speed of ironforts the HI got an increase in speed. Which defies any kind of sense but ok I get it that that's how the devs decided to balance things out. However, now the ironfort gets the increase as well. So if ironfort gets a ranged attack in addition (these might be rumours) for which people were asking in exchange for the speed increase then I'll be completely dumbfounded. Why didn't you increase ironfort's speed in the first place? In retrospect it seems to me that dwarven HI should go back to having the same speed as every other HI. Feel free to throw rotten tomatoes at me now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race   Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 9:54 am

once again.
Prove that and create such elf army who will defeat me in battle, you clearly overestimating power of archers (if you bring archers it means that you have one unit melee less), and i dont belive that at this caps elves army will defeat me.

Another thing. After so many patches and changes you could give players one week to change race without losing anything (army experience may be destroyed). Now Races are much different from time when we started playing, so if anyone would want to change his race he should have such an option, even if it cost a lot of gems.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race   Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 10:02 am

kuba_ wrote:
once again.
Prove that and create such elf army who will defeat me in battle, you clearly overestimating power of archers (if you bring archers it means that you have one unit melee less), and i dont belive that at this caps elves army will defeat me.

Another thing. After so many patches and changes you could give players one week to change race without losing anything (army experience may be destroyed). Now Races are much different from time when we started playing, so if anyone would want to change his race he should have such an option, even if it cost a lot of gems.

Smile How exactly have Races changed and "are so different" now? Most of the cap stats have been increased and in only a few cases have been changed, but still retaining the same differences compared to other races like before. It is without a doubt a fact that we cannot please everybody with the changes, but everything we do we do it so as to stay close to the lore of each race and attain as much balance as possible.

However...if you want perfect balance and everybody happy...then we could change all stats so they can all be the same for all races... Is that what you want? That is definitely not what we want...
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race   Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 10:02 am

I'm with kuba. Changing race and keeping all (or most progress) with gems should be a function. Period. If you don't want to lose progress that's what the reset button is for. However, since so much has changed people should be allowed to do it for free once.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race   Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 10:06 am

Piktas wrote:
k don't boo me off the stage immediately my dwarven allies but I need clarification on this. I know that dwarves need some kind of advantage to compensate for their slow speed but I thought that that's what their endurance is for.

When people were complaining about the slow speed of ironforts the HI got an increase in speed. Which defies any kind of sense but ok I get it that that's how the devs decided to balance things out. However, now the ironfort gets the increase as well. So if ironfort gets a ranged attack in addition (these might be rumours) for which people were asking in exchange for the speed increase then I'll be completely dumbfounded. Why didn't you increase ironfort's speed in the first place? In retrospect it seems to me that dwarven HI should go back to having the same speed as every other HI. Feel free to throw rotten tomatoes at me now Very Happy

No tomatoes here!

Dwarfs are slow...that's a fact. This means 2 things:

1) They cannot maneuver easily and fast on the battlefield.

2) If they flee, they are most of the times..slaughtered ...

To compensate for that, they have to be a little more resilient than the others and have some distinctive units.

Heavy Infantry is not fast....but is faster than the other Heavy Infantries.

Ironfort was actually a big Heavy Infantry unit with just 3 attacks and only 10 movement. Its effectiveness on the battlefield was....not good... Therefore its speed was increased NOT to resemble the other Cavalry units' speed, but merely make it a bit faster than a normal LI and HI unit, though STILL it is as fast as the Elves!

Dwarfs needed..some love.

Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race   Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 10:07 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

:)How exactly have Races changed and "are so different" now?

I can give one. When new people joined and they decided to go with the dark side everyone would tell them not to pick dark legion because they were weak which you admitted was a mistake on your part. That's one of the big changes in races Smile

Last edited by Piktas on Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race   Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 10:09 am

Piktas wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

:)How exactly have Races changed and "are so different" now?

I can give one. When new people joined and they decided to go with the dark side everyone would tell them not to pick dark legion because they were weak which you admitted was a mistake. That's one of the big changes in races Smile

I never admitted that Dark Legion was weak. Do not say things I never said. I said that the DL Cavalry had to have more HPs and THAT was a mistake. DL was NEVER weak...
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race   Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 10:10 am

yes that's what I meant Smile But you can see why new people that wanted to be legion didnt go legion due to older player's suggestions. A lot of them might want to choose legion now.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race   Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 10:13 am

Piktas wrote:
yes that's what I meant :)But you can see why new people that wanted to be legion didnt go legion due to older player's suggestions. A lot of them might want to choose legion now.

They want to choose Legion now because DL Cavalry has 4 HPS per model instead of 2...?
Back to top Go down
Dakota337

PostSubject: Re: Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race   Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 10:13 am

I agree too with the ability to change races. I dont think every race should be the same but upon selecting units months ago all units the had the same caps so units were selected solely on there special abilities and HPs. Now that distinct hard caps are introduced i feel that it is fair to allow a player to change his race as there was no way to foresee the changes when selecting a race. 3 months worth of leveling and any money spend on GEMS shouldn't be lost.

Dak
Back to top Go down
Souless

Souless

PostSubject: Re: Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race   Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 10:14 am

Piktas wrote:

I deeply agree with you Piktas we both have a clear idea of what dwarves should look like

RuneSlayer wrote:
They want to choose Legion now because DL Cavalry has 4 HPS per model instead of 2...?
Well...humans also have 4 hp cavalry, why choosing dark legion because of that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race   Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting Stats and Caps of Units per Race
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next