Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BOYCOTT GEMS!

Go down 
+6
AgentAAA
RiseKnight
Mephy
Hegorn
RuneSlayer
Archer
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Archer

BOYCOTT GEMS! Empty
PostSubject: BOYCOTT GEMS!   BOYCOTT GEMS! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 8:16 am

I am making a very dangerous request, one that may very well get me banned, in response to the recent 50% CP bonus the dark side has been given mid-game session.

I am calling everyone to boycott gem purchases until it is removed.

If the devs want to let the darkside get free points for the same effort, well I don't think we should support their game. Keep playing, of course... but by no means pay to have devalued efforts.

I've talked to a few other lights, and they've actually agreed, so some of us are already on board with this, we'll see how it goes.

Now--the terms of our boycott reversal:
1)All Darkside CP bonuses must end, completely, no benefits to CP per-battle at all
2)no new darkside ongoing bonuses can replace it (resources/xp/items/etc)
3)Recruitment bonuses, of a reasonable nature, to lure more players to the underpopulated darkside are acceptable (such as the uncommon item/frag allure used currently)

Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

BOYCOTT GEMS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOYCOTT GEMS!   BOYCOTT GEMS! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 8:51 am

It's amazing how when the bug was helping the Light players to take 1 region after the other, no Light player was complaining about the situation. The Dark players were feeling disheartened but they never gave up.

Now, with the bug resolved, the Dark players have STILL 10.000 CPs/day LESS than the Light players but they have managed to turn things around. Do you still think that with 10.000 CPs more for the Light side, it is the population control's fault that the Light side is losing ground? I personally don't think so..

Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

BOYCOTT GEMS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOYCOTT GEMS!   BOYCOTT GEMS! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:49 am

Threads like this make me wish I was dark so I could drink the tears... Oh, how sweet the COD-generation tears are... If only Darkside had had a race focused on mobility when I started playing...

Heh. That aside. Battlecon is pretty balanced for a F2P game. That is the beauty of the model - everyone gets to choose how much they want to invest into the game. If you and a few others would prefer to play a game that steamrolls one side, there are a lot of F2P games that cater to the few stomping the many. They also die out pretty quickly.

Calling for boycotts because the Devs fixed a goof that caused an obviously unfair situation? That just discredits your sense of balance. More so - threads like this just make the lightside look like whiners.

On the plus side, it might help even out the pop imbalance a bit if Dark gets more mature gamers. Light still has an advantage. Use it well and we'll be fine.

Back to top Go down
Mephy

BOYCOTT GEMS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOYCOTT GEMS!   BOYCOTT GEMS! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 11:18 am

Threads like this explains why the Light will lose even with more players Wink
Back to top Go down
RiseKnight

RiseKnight

BOYCOTT GEMS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOYCOTT GEMS!   BOYCOTT GEMS! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 12:37 pm

Archer, your posts displaying selfishness for your self on ur side
as you can see, indeed you are a whiny loser.

U said u asked few light, indeed there might be some agree with you, since they are on your side, how bout ask all matured players.

Fact didnt change:
Light side already received bonus from error yet you want remove dark bonus due your selfishness, that's unfair for dark side for sure, its not like dark side overwhelmed or any after update though. Light side still win on CP right now.

You also intended to ignore some of post and support only post that agree with you, that's child play.

Well I didnt say you wrong 100% all, since this update on mid way. But taking a note that light side received same bonus as bug on current game(also this game on development phase).
I think if you re on dark side, u will start topic about "Unfairness" from light side, right?

PS: Once again, sorry for bad grammar
Back to top Go down
AgentAAA

AgentAAA

BOYCOTT GEMS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOYCOTT GEMS!   BOYCOTT GEMS! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 1:59 pm

Archer wrote:
I am making a very dangerous request, one that may very well get me banned, in response to the recent 50% CP bonus the dark side has been given mid-game session.

If the devs want to let the darkside get free points for the same effort, well I don't think we should support their game. Keep playing, of course... but by no means pay to have devalued efforts.

I've talked to a few other lights, and they've actually agreed, so some of us are already on board with this, we'll see how it goes.

1)All Darkside CP bonuses must end, completely, no benefits to CP per-battle at all
3)Recruitment bonuses, of a reasonable nature, to lure more players to the underpopulated darkside are acceptable (such as the uncommon item/frag allure used currently)

Kinda funny that you're only complaining about the unfair bonuses for darks, without saying a word about what the lights managed to get away with. you know what the darks did while your side had a CP error boosting your CP's massively beyond normal proportions? Nothing, just encouraged our own side to play harder. We didn't make grand posts about how the numbers advantage on the light side made the game unplayable, we dealt with it.

I don't know, this whole post kinda makes me wanna... go buy some gems.
Back to top Go down
Latexlord

Latexlord

BOYCOTT GEMS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOYCOTT GEMS!   BOYCOTT GEMS! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 12:14 am

Do not think that all lighties feel the same... I like the hard fights we're facing right now... It's only a matter of strategy and communication. Maybe because the best players in Light side are in 3 different guilds, while the Dark ones are grouped in only one...
Back to top Go down
Rokun

Rokun

BOYCOTT GEMS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOYCOTT GEMS!   BOYCOTT GEMS! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 6:13 am

Archer wrote:

First off... every dark player start purchasing gems like crazy men, that way the next fix the devs might give our side a bug that allows us to destroy our enemy with impunity and further our cookie giving evilness!!! Though on a serious note...why would the devs stoop to your level and ban you because they don't like bad (or in your case, stupid) feedback? Feedback is what drives a game to become better, their is always something that could be done better we just don't always happen to see it.

Now to your poorly thought out statement...The only thing I could gleam from this is "WAAAAAAH, The bug causing us to steamroll the other side got removed and now we have to fight on somewhat equal terms WAAAAAH!" Did you even poll the lightside in its entirety, if so then I say good job, A for effort...but more then likely you polled friends or guildmates (which their support obviously ends with their words since no one is here to back you up). You see, when making a statement or an attempt at a valid argument it's good to bring something to the table that will allure others to your cause or get them thinking. I can simply destroy your rant in less then a paragraph, you gotta make it at least challenging...

As far as I'm tracking, light still has a population advantage over dark. Simple enough we have to fight harder until it balances out more, this is NOTHING new. Any dark crying about that? No!? ok let's move on. The bug that was giving light a MASSIVE advantage was found and stomped out. How massive you ask!? Enough that putting over 15k points into one region alone during one tick of the clock was not enough to save it from light taking it over when it was at 73% darks favor. Dark lost over 15 territories in 2 days regardless of how much we pushed back, it seemed that every victory was going to the light side, even we started making jokes in guild about how many points we "scored" for the other side. A 50% boost that caps itself to help with the massive imbalance of players on dark side. I read that post as well where dark was making normally, 20k a day and light 40k...so for those who didn't, the extra bonus caps when we hit 50% of your max output stacked onto our max output. So we can attain 30k but your still making your 40k, just be glad they didn't say "Hey, let's make this game perfectly round and even and give underplayed dark the same gain as overplayed light!"
Back to top Go down
Souless

Souless

BOYCOTT GEMS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOYCOTT GEMS!   BOYCOTT GEMS! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 1:58 pm

You boycott Gems, I buy Gems, I wonder why you didn't boycott gems when Light had this bonus for mistake...this is a childish behaviour, go boycott Nestlè instead, I think you are eating too much OGM food...
Back to top Go down
Gorlak

Gorlak

BOYCOTT GEMS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOYCOTT GEMS!   BOYCOTT GEMS! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:07 pm

This thread has made me pause for thought. Until now, I've enjoyed the game greatly, especially once my comments about scaling CPs to match the power of the army used were taken on board by the devs. The thing is, I've enjoyed it for free and haven't bought a single gem. Despite the fact that a lot of us don't pay to play, the devs have been very responsive, far more so than any other MMO I've ever played and have not only fixed bugs promptly but also listened to their player base and incorporated a lot of their suggestions into the game. For these reasons, I think the game will continue to go from strength to strength and I would like to congratulate the devs on their achievements. I intend to go out and buy some gems now as a token of my appreciation and to provide some support to enable to good work to continue
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

BOYCOTT GEMS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOYCOTT GEMS!   BOYCOTT GEMS! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 12:29 am

Gorlak wrote:
This thread has made me pause for thought. Until now, I've enjoyed the game greatly, especially once my comments about scaling CPs to match the power of the army used were taken on board by the devs. The thing is, I've enjoyed it for free and haven't bought a single gem. Despite the fact that a lot of us don't pay to play, the devs have been very responsive, far more so than any other MMO I've ever played and have not only fixed bugs promptly but also listened to their player base and incorporated a lot of their suggestions into the game. For these reasons, I think the game will continue to go from strength to strength and I would like to congratulate the devs on their achievements. I intend to go out and buy some gems now as a token of my appreciation and to provide some support to enable to good work to continue

Thank you for your kind words Gorlak. It has been our motto from day 1, that we want to shape this game with the community. Your enthusiasm, your love towards the game and you having fun is what driving us... We couldn't have a better community..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BOYCOTT GEMS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOYCOTT GEMS!   BOYCOTT GEMS! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BOYCOTT GEMS!
Page 1 of 1