Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1

Go down 
+10
Ulfriden III
Claudandus
Pyr
kqlkql
Pulkit
Fyrr
Juggernaut
Strachu
ferarith
RuneSlayer
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
venumuse

PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 Empty
PostSubject: PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1   PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 9:26 am

Hello all!!

As the title says, this will be a tier 1 pvp tournament on Saturday at 1:00 PST, December 13th. This will not be this Saturday, but the following Saturday.

At 1:00 PST I will stop adding people to the tournament. I will write down your name in a bracket randomizer. All players will randomly be matched against other players. Each player will have 3 DAYS to fight your opponent. Matches will be best 2 games out of 3. You also have 3 days to report back to me on who won and what the score was.

The tournament will pay out to the top 3 players.
1st- 3 Godlike fragments, one of which is a artifact frag.
2nd- 2 Random godlike fragments
3rd- 1 Random godlike fragments

The rewards will be rewards via in game code from Runeslayer. I hope everyone can attend and play in this event! As a side note, anyone who can't play because of the time scheduled, please comment below so that we can change the time of the tournament if enough players can play at the same time Smile

If this tournament is a success and has atleast 8 players, then I will try to host tier 2-5 tournaments for the higher level players Very Happy

Players signed up:
1. Mrsoul
2. Venumuse
3. Pulkit
4. Foobstin
5. Tacan
6. Gasha
7. Lordpitbull
8. Pyr
9. Musab

Edit 1: The tournament will be single elimination so once you lose, you are out of the tournament. Matches will be best 2 out of 3. So if you lose game 1, you can change your strategy around and hope to win game 2. First to 2 wins is the victor and then reports back to me. The tournament will be through pairings. Each player will have 3 days to set up a fight with your opponent.

Edit 2: PLEASE COMMENT DOWN BELOW IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING!

Last edited by venumuse on Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:19 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1   PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 9:28 am

I support this effort. It is a good idea...

Venumuse, you have PM. I believe we should give it a few more days for people to learn about it and register.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1   PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 11:04 am

Thumbs up from me!
Back to top Go down
ferarith

PostSubject: Re: PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1   PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 12:30 pm

i AM interested in T3. can't do T1.
Back to top Go down
venumuse

PostSubject: Re: PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1   PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 12:38 pm

ferarith wrote:
i AM interested in T3. can't do T1.

Can you write all the tiers that you can play in so I can make note of that.
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1   PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 12:48 pm

I think there are many players that want to try it but most of us cant do low lvl pvp, i can do t5 and i can set crappy army for t4.
Is there any way to usu high lvl units in low lvl tiers? lvling down for special events or something like that?
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1   PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 12:56 pm

Thats something that can attract the game and make it more playable. Players need events with good reward that gives them fun and it may keep them playing.
Also it might be connected with some special quest. If someone is active enough may also get 10 or 20 aether, why not, maybe in this way we will have more players?
Back to top Go down
venumuse

PostSubject: Re: PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1   PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 1:06 pm

Strachu wrote:
I think there are many players that want to try it but most of us cant do low lvl pvp, i can do t5 and i can set crappy army for t4.
Is there any way to usu high lvl units in low lvl tiers? lvling down for special events or something like that?

I personally don't even think I can allow Tacan to compete in this tier 1 event even though he has a tier 1 army. The reason being, he has research completed to the point where his lvl 1 units get +18 melee. This is a huge unfair advantage. I'll be happy to host a tier 4/5 tournament if there is enough players to support that. I don't know how many players with those armies even play pvp.

Strachu wrote:
Thats something that can attract the game and make it more playable. Players need events with good reward that gives them fun and it may keep them playing.
Also it might be connected with some special quest. If someone is active enough may also get 10 or 20 aether, why not, maybe in this way we will have more players?

I agree the game needs a daily reward/quest with good rewards to give players an incentive to keep playing but it should not be aether. I have 135 aether that I can't use because I don't have a level 8 unit. Aether would be the opposite of a reward because it's demotivating when you have something, but can't use it.

I also don't want to derail this thread as it's purpose is for the conversation of a Tournament and not suggestions so lets try to keep it on this tournament and future tournament discussion please. Smile
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1   PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 1:39 pm

venumuse wrote:

I personally don't even think I can allow Tacan to compete in this tier 1 event even though he has a tier 1 army. The reason being, he has research completed to the point where his lvl 1 units get +18 melee. This is a huge unfair advantage. I'll be happy to host a tier 4/5 tournament if there is enough players to support that. I don't know how many players with those armies even play pvp.

I'm not sure, researches take ap, with all research you have melee and armor but you will have less endu, str, morale, ap is ap.

Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1   PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 4:21 pm

I like this idea (I tried this in darkside once and failed we only got 3 players Razz) by the way I can not do T1 so I am out this time, but I will be happy to play in another tiers like t3 and t4 later, but I think you should set some rules *cought*, don´t kitting *cought* and to make it more random, I suggest all guilds to break treaties and all darkies to enter dark regions and ligthies light regions, with that they may have chance of fight dark or light opponents regardless of the faction for further fun Wink
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1   PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 4:42 pm

Ohh, this is too tempting to not comment on:

venu wrote:
this will be a tier 1 pvp tournament on Saturday at 1:00 PST, November 13th. This will not be this Saturday, but the following Saturday.
time travel! Why didn't I know it's already possible Sad

Also 1 PST.. PM, AM? Pvping at night could be a thing too you know. Anyway it's gonna be night either in USA or in Europe.

About research btw.. With tech comes experience.. not only those few additional stats. And experienced people will win, unless it's a noob-only tournament. If it's not about noobs, why t1.. If it's noob-only, why godlikes? If it's for all, why talk about techs since we're back to 'noobs don't win, but not because of research'?
Ok I need to think less.

This will definitely need luck to even happen.. so good luck. cheers
Back to top Go down
venumuse

PostSubject: Re: PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1   PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 6:51 pm

Fyrr wrote:
time travel! Why didn't I know it's already possible Sad

Fixed, thank you.

Fyrr wrote:
Also 1 PST.. PM, AM? Pvping at night could be a thing too you know. Anyway it's gonna be night either in USA or in Europe.

1 PST PM is what I should of said sorry. I figured this would be best time as it would be 4:00 Eastern United States time, not to late in Europe, and around lunch time for those in Western United Stats. I'll gladly fix the time if people can't show and need it moved to fit the most people in the tournament.

Fyrr wrote:
About research btw.. With tech comes experience.. not only those few additional stats. And experienced people will win, unless it's a noob-only tournament. If it's not about noobs, why t1.. If it's noob-only, why godlikes? If it's for all, why talk about techs since we're back to 'noobs don't win, but not because of research'?

I was talking to Rune about this earlier today, that the barracks level needs to be involved to not let players of a too high skill cap be involved. I already know the higher skilled players with research would win regardless. I have done many pvp matches in the past 2 days and found myself being able to take on other lia units with mine of equal level, but when I fought against Tacan's lvl 1 lia units....mine all died because of his research.

I've been thinking about how to not let too high of players play, but I would also like to see this tournament launch. I've thought about making those players have to compete with 100 less AP than their opponent but that might not work without play testing. I also don't know what level of barracks would be too high to be allowed to compete in the tournament. There is also no real proof of what level someone's barrack is because it doesn't tell us, so some people could lie about it.

Fyrr you have done many pvp's, actually more than every other player I assume. Is their any way to allow players with high research into the tournament? I would really like to allow everyone that can play T1 to play.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1   PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 12:59 am

If there will be pairings, then specific times agreed by both parties can easily be scheduled. There is no need for the tournament to be done in a day.

Just my 2 cents..
Back to top Go down
Pulkit

Pulkit

PostSubject: Re: PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1   PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 7:04 am

and recordings of the matches too.. from both sides .
And hopefully a cap on number of units .
Back to top Go down
venumuse

PostSubject: Re: PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1   PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 7:18 am

What does everyone think is a fair number of units? Also, does anyone think cav, or cannons should be banned as a unit type?
Back to top Go down
kqlkql

PostSubject: Re: PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1   PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 7:25 am

great idea...unfortunately i can only T5 as well...but a great enthusiasm builder for new players....maybe a cool title goes to winner? I agree with Fyrr...the GL frags are great but wont be immediately helpful...but great idea V...

Note, many other games have tournaments and guild competitions with cool rewards as prizes...if BC continues long term, something to consider formalizing.

Back to top Go down
Pulkit

Pulkit

PostSubject: Re: PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1   PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 7:30 am

venumuse wrote:
Also, does anyone think cav, or cannons should be banned as a unit type?
Bringing cavs would be a waste of AP in t1. Not much use.
Back to top Go down
venumuse

PostSubject: Re: PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1   PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 7:31 am

kqlkql wrote:
great idea...unfortunately i can only T5 as well...but a great enthusiasm builder for new players....maybe a cool title goes to winner? I agree with Fyrr...the GL frags are great but wont be immediately helpful...but great idea V...

I personally think gl frags are the best payout in every scenario. The fact that people want them and will trade almost anything for them, means newer players can get more of what they want. For example, I traded away a gl arti frag for 200k of each resource. If a newer player comes in first, they can choose to trade that arti frag for resources or lots of gold if he wants to buy epic/rare frags.... 1 gl armor frag could probably get 35-40k of each resource including gold. Just cause players can't use it in their army doesn't make it useless Wink They can always trade a gl wep frag for a lot of epic frags and then trade one epic frag for many rare frags Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pulkit

Pulkit

PostSubject: Re: PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1   PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 9:14 am

kqlkql wrote:

Note, many other games have tournaments and guild competitions with cool rewards as prizes...if BC continues long term, something to consider formalizing.
you mean something like : PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 SoneqE3
or this :PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 TlSt9VB
Back to top Go down
kqlkql

PostSubject: Re: PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1   PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 6:42 pm

well, yes...something like that lol!
Back to top Go down
Pyr

PostSubject: Re: PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1   PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 9:33 am

i want in !!!!
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1   PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 12:47 pm

Run is there any chance to let guild members pvp each other. Nowadays isn't really hard find a partner for pvp. In the Guild Radiant Guardians are many pvpers and we cant pvp. If you let as pvp each other it will be very funny.
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

PostSubject: Re: PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1   PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:00 am

First of all, I gotta thank venu and Rune for the effort to organize this event. I'm not in for the rewards, I'm in for the fun such an event promises.

I would be up for any Tournament no matter the tier, my setups won't always be PvP suitable, but the fun is all that matters. Just sad that I have never been able to reach t5.

Just a reminder: In game I am Gashadokuro for all that have forgotten or prematurely declared me for dead Wink.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1   PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 12:27 pm

Claudandus wrote:
First of all, I gotta thank venu and Rune for the effort to organize this event. I'm not in for the rewards, I'm in for the fun such an event promises.

I would be up for any Tournament no matter the tier, my setups won't always be PvP suitable, but the fun is all that matters. Just sad that I have never been able to reach t5.

Just a reminder: In game I am Gashadokuro for all that have forgotten or prematurely declared me for dead Wink.

All the glory goes to venumuse. He is the one organizing it... Smile
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1   PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 4:10 pm

Claudandus wrote:

dead? skellie? hm, when skellies die, do they become elves? or is it the other way around? or.. magic something? what do the names mean anyway? :p

RuneSlayer wrote:
All the glory goes to venumuse. He is the one organizing it...
Hmm.. if you say so... *steals 4% of glory*

And yeah, yay for pvping.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1   PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PvP Tournament Saturday Tier 1
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next