Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rune has asked us....

Go down 
+9
klaas
Conqustor
Seggel
Metalsiagon
Juggernaut
RuneSlayer
Dahk
Boboknack
kqlkql
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Strachu

Rune has asked us.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rune has asked us....   Rune has asked us.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 6:43 am

- for me there should be no bonus cap, if 10 players are fighting against 100 players 20% or 40% gives them nothing,

- last war report shows that light faction has more battles then dark faction and light gets less cp then dark + dark has cp bonus, very motivating for light fighters

- bonus should be a result of activities (without farmers), number of battles and average cp for 1 battle, players don't have to know how system counts bonus, just some information will be enough

- and how do you want to compensate light faction members for fighting against the system for last 4 months?

Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: Rune has asked us....   Rune has asked us.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:13 am

Strachu wrote:
- for me there should be no bonus cap, if 10 players are fighting against 100 players 20% or 40% gives them nothing,

- and how do you want to compensate light faction members for fighting against the system for last 4 months?  

Thats last question is without sense as dark side could ask for compensate for fighting underpopulated without chance a win for almost a year.

CP bonus is a great thing, however mechanism must be changed. The first step should be excluded farmers and if this will not be enough then more drastic changes are needed. CP bonus promote more active players which is good.
Back to top Go down
Redrum72

PostSubject: Re: Rune has asked us....   Rune has asked us.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:44 am

Do not think it was the bonus that beat light faction, you was matching us tile for tile for 6 cycles then got to areas you wanted to control and stopped pushing forward as a faction.
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: Rune has asked us....   Rune has asked us.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:45 am

kuba_ wrote:
Strachu wrote:

Thats last question is without sense as dark side could ask for compensate for fighting underpopulated without chance a win for almost a year.

CP bonus is a great thing, however mechanism must be changed. The first step should be excluded farmers and if this will not be enough then more drastic changes are needed. CP bonus promote more active players which is good.

How many time did you lose during the year?
I'm talking about aether rewards for loosing side, you cant buy anything for 25 aether. It will be good for loosing side to get more aether, especially for new/small players.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Rune has asked us....   Rune has asked us.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 12:18 pm

...or we could simply clear the database, have everyone start from the beginning choosing the race they want, remove the CP bonus, nerf the Capital Armies, give all Gems back ever bought at 130% rate (means all the Gems plus 30% more) and have a clean start....

shrug... Smile

Back to top Go down
kqlkql

PostSubject: Re: Rune has asked us....   Rune has asked us.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 12:21 pm

what was, was...both dark and light faction have legitimate issues when is comes to a fair playing field..couple of things to consider....the side getting the bonus should not be so empowered as to run away with the game because of the bonus. The bonus should not be so fabulous as to create an endless stalemate. Is there any credence to the statement that the weaker side should lose? The bonus should give the weaker a side a good fighting chance...but should it be so good that it becomes a weapon in itself?... will factions organize log ons and battles to get the bonus? because it is so powerful?

I truly believe that if we were allowed to change sides with all armies and development intact, you would see a lot more even playing sides...and it would contribute to the fun! But i suppose that is a subject for another day... as is the aether rewards which are so ungenerous as to be laughable.... goodness...let everybody have some fun...have aether items that only last for a period of time like the chocolate shield or candy cane swords.. so at least new players can show them off and have some fun...

I believe Rune has enough input to do something. I hope he does before the light faction melts away....thank you all for the input...do we agree there is enough here for Rune to act?
Back to top Go down
kqlkql

PostSubject: Re: Rune has asked us....   Rune has asked us.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 12:23 pm

wow...the shrug makes that post even better.
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: Rune has asked us....   Rune has asked us.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 1:20 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
...or we could simply clear the database, have everyone start from the beginning choosing the race they want, remove the CP bonus, nerf the Capital Armies, give all Gems back ever bought at 130% rate (means all the Gems plus 30% more) and have a clean start....

shrug... Smile

1.000.000 aether for everyone will be enough but right now i prefer changes to cp bonus
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Rune has asked us....   Rune has asked us.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 1:27 pm

kqlkql wrote:
what was, was...both dark and light faction have legitimate issues when is comes to a fair playing field..couple of things to consider....the side getting the bonus should not be so empowered as to run away with the game because of the bonus. The bonus should not be so fabulous as to create an endless stalemate. Is there any credence to the statement that the weaker side should lose? The bonus should give the weaker a side a good fighting chance...but should it be so good that it becomes a weapon in itself?... will factions organize log ons and battles to get the bonus? because it is so powerful?

I truly believe that if we were allowed to change sides with all armies and development intact, you would see a lot more even playing sides...and it would contribute to the fun! But i suppose that is a subject for another day... as is the aether rewards which are so ungenerous as to be laughable.... goodness...let everybody have some fun...have aether items that only last for a period of time like the chocolate shield or candy cane swords.. so at least new players can show them off and have some fun...

I believe Rune has enough input to do something. I hope he does before the light faction melts away....thank you all for the input...do we agree there is enough here for Rune to act?

Guys...don't throw the ball to me...I told you...You will decide what you want to happen...Make a poll...make it legit...and then we will act. Simple as that..
Back to top Go down
Siranthony

PostSubject: Re: Rune has asked us....   Rune has asked us.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 5:12 pm

I hate to say it, but i like Runes idea of the nuclear option.
Clear the database have everyone start at the beginning. It's our best option.

Things have become to convoluted. The game was a great game before the bonus, maybe not for dark, from what they have said. Very Happy

We are all throwing out these suggestions, but no malice intended, I think Rune gave us the easiest thing, for him to do, and no one, either faction would have room to bitch (and no more bonus ever, for either side, just keep faction numbers equal).  

Time to put up or shut up.

All strip all our hard earned  gear and important titles, and start a new fair game.

Make the factions, develop better players, as the guilds were intended to do. Farmers can farm fighters can fight (no more bitching about that, other players should not tell people how to play a great game, let farmers form a farmers guild , so we can all summarily attack them, and steal their stuff  Twisted Evil . Force the game to keep light/dark numbers equal if that's possible, you would have to join faction that system said, and pick between the three races of each faction, or if possible allow the light races human, elf , dwarf to go to darkside and vice versa, for dark races to join light, if possible. No more complaining by either side about faction numbers. Make due with what you have, dammit. I know it sucks, the more you have the more you loose, but I do believe we loose the game, If we don't do this. I bet you BC would see increase of players, which i think Rune and us all would like, and maybe someone would buy the game, and Rune would become rich, and make more great games for us, to waste even more time on.
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: Rune has asked us....   Rune has asked us.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:01 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:

shrug... Smile

Rather let everyone change free 1 time to any race they want without lose progress, gear, achievements, gems, levels/exp, units/heroes, fame etc. And reset the map, that could be fun and may change map situation dramatically but everyone may reset to elf or UD cause they are still OP, by the way I may keep in orcs, or possibly switch to DL or humans, no elves cause I hate them, and I don´t like UD and don´t like so much dwarves.

PD: And about guilds the leader should be able to swith race but only in the same faction they are (or they must assign a new leader or disband the guild is they want change of side), cause switching an entire guild to the opponent side sound weird, and is bad idea too disband a level 10 guild just because his/her leader decided to change of side.
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: Rune has asked us....   Rune has asked us.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 9:14 pm

Siranthony wrote:
I hate to say it, but i like Runes idea of the nuclear option.
Clear the database have everyone start at the beginning. It's our best option.

Things have become to convoluted. The game was a great game before the bonus, maybe not for dark, from what they have said. Very Happy

We are all throwing out these suggestions, but no malice intended, I think Rune gave us the easiest thing, for him to do, and no one, either faction would have room to bitch (and no more bonus ever, for either side, just keep faction numbers equal).  

Time to put up or shut up.

All strip all our hard earned  gear and important titles, and start a new fair game.

Make the factions, develop better players, as the guilds were intended to do. Farmers can farm fighters can fight (no more bitching about that, other players should not tell people how to play a great game, let farmers form a farmers guild , so we can all summarily attack them, and steal their stuff  Twisted Evil . Force the game to keep light/dark numbers equal if that's possible, you would have to join faction that system said, and pick between the three races of each faction, or if possible allow the light races human, elf , dwarf to go to darkside and vice versa, for dark races to join light, if possible. No more complaining by either side about faction numbers. Make due with what you have, dammit. I know it sucks, the more you have the more you loose, but I do believe we loose the game, If we don't do this. I bet you BC would see increase of players, which i think Rune and us all would like, and maybe someone would buy the game, and Rune would become rich, and make more great games for us, to waste even more time on.

i can't determine if you're benig sarcastic or serious..
Back to top Go down
kqlkql

PostSubject: Re: Rune has asked us....   Rune has asked us.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 9:46 pm

not sure i want to throw away a year plus worth of gaming and development..i have worked pretty hard to get to this level....U's poll is good..vote and we will see where we stand...personally at his point, with the game on life support, i would think turing off the bonus is the simplest easiest solution. if by cahnce the game survives and begins to thrive and recover and one side or the other starts to get an indisputable upper hand then we can address the situation then. and that would be great cause it means the game is vibrant again and we have options... but for now, when we are not even sure the game will survive after three months let's go simple and direct..turn the bonus of and see what happens.

maybe that would even give Rune time down the road to tweak the bonus system so when we need it all the other criteria would be ready....turn it off for the remainder of this war and next...that will give us a space to try to get old players back and try to rebuild ranks on both sides...it gives Rune time ti take care of more urgent business that need attenton now and with luck he will have time to recalibrate the criteria for inclusion in bonus population.. we only have less than 3 month before the asteroid hits or misses...so let's have some fun and go head to head...vote for turning it off!
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: Rune has asked us....   Rune has asked us.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 9:58 pm

it might be a good thing do one thing first: kill off the alt accounts.
there is a LOT of bad feeling in either faction about possible alt accounting. let's solve that problem first and take away at least one reason for disgruntledness.

another point: yeah sure, turn off the bonus. BUT then also nerf the AI armies a lot. the 35% cap was introduced when there were a lot more players. with the current population the AI armies are way too strong in the zone close to the capital. look at the war report, factor in the cp bonus and observe how much effort it takes the dark faction to make headway against the horsies. i think that for the light faction it will be impossible to win against the horse.
Back to top Go down
kqlkql

PostSubject: Re: Rune has asked us....   Rune has asked us.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 10:45 pm

good points
Back to top Go down
kqlkql

PostSubject: Re: Rune has asked us....   Rune has asked us.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 10:46 pm

turn off bonus

nerf AI armies

close all dual accounts

Back to top Go down
Metalsiagon

Metalsiagon

PostSubject: Re: Rune has asked us....   Rune has asked us.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 11:40 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:

shrug... Smile

For the love of Christ, don't do that Razz I'm finally on my last building research making it 100%.
Back to top Go down
Metalsiagon

Metalsiagon

PostSubject: Re: Rune has asked us....   Rune has asked us.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 11:52 pm

For the future game though, there definitely should not be such an intense curve on the buildings or research. At the very least the result should out way the cost compared to the ridiculous amount of time to max everything in BC for nothing other than gloating. A purpose would greatly be enjoyed to any significant investment of time towards something.

I know I'm pretty far out on as far as the community goes (since I stopped playing when control was lost Razz), but I still love the team that created the BC devotion, but next time, you blokes just need to move forward on your own without the constant badgering of the the community. We should vote or do anything community related until after content is delivered .
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: Rune has asked us....   Rune has asked us.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 2:19 am

Right now we need change to bonus system, we should vote if we want to turn off cp bonus or remove farmers from it. We should avoid few changes in one time, thats what many players posted on forum after changes to cp bonus, CA and suicides cp cap.
Back to top Go down
Siranthony

PostSubject: Re: Rune has asked us....   Rune has asked us.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 4:52 am

The problem, we may be failing to recognize, and need Rune's input here.
Is that bonus may not simply be able, to be "turned off", don't understand game code speak, but is bonus written into game and is it even possible to turn off or adjust, and it's probably too much work for Rune to have to do, I mean come on he's doing what he's doing for love of game. it's not his job, he has other things to do. Lets not be selfish. Rune could do one thing and have a totally viable product, to sell. One that is not filled with players refusing to play, because of the bonus, or lack there of.

All these other things sound labor intensive for Rune, hit the reset button, stop the bickering, and time spent in forum not playing game. Stop the tweaking of an already great game. Go back to the game we all like to play. I know it sounds bad to loose gear, and other things, but we have all reset games at time to time, and found ourselves still playing them. My thought is that Rune only suggested it because he knew it was easiest, surest way of resolving the matter.

At this point apparently, we all must suffer.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Rune has asked us....   Rune has asked us.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 5:51 am

Siranthony wrote:
The problem, we may be failing to recognize, and need Rune's input here.
Is that bonus may not simply be able, to be "turned off", don't understand game code speak, but is bonus written into game and is it even possible to turn off or adjust, and it's probably too much work for Rune to have to do, I mean come on he's doing what he's doing for love of game. it's not his job, he has other things to do. Lets not be selfish. Rune could do one thing and have a totally viable product, to sell. One that is not filled with players refusing to play, because of the bonus, or lack there of.

All these other things sound labor intensive for Rune, hit the reset button, stop the bickering, and time spent in forum not playing game. Stop the tweaking of an already great game. Go back to the game we all like to play. I know it sounds bad to loose gear, and other things, but we have all reset games at time to time, and found ourselves still playing them. My thought is that Rune only suggested it because he knew it was easiest, surest way of resolving the matter.

At this point apparently, we all must suffer.

Not necessarily the easiest path to follow, but in my personal opinion the most interesting for the players, the fairest for both Factions and possibly a great solution for everyone. To be honest, Battle Conquest was designed that way...being reset every time a Capital fell...changing that was probably one of the worst decisions I ever made..but that is a long story and for a different time...
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: Rune has asked us....   Rune has asked us.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:10 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

Not necessarily the easiest path to follow, but in my personal opinion the most interesting for the players, the fairest for both Factions and possibly a great solution for everyone. To be honest, Battle Conquest was designed that way...being reset every time a Capital fell...changing that was probably one of the worst decisions I ever made..but that is a long story and for a different time...

whut?

so, all the progress we made, all the grind and slog i put into building up Unceasing Legion down the drain? i wouldn't exactly call that 'interesting', nor "a great solution'..

i'll ask again: is it possible to delete the alt-accounts? that would go a long way towards soothing the friction between the factions.
and secondly, also again: is it possible to set the bonus to 0% and at the same time, reduce the AI army impact to max 10% hex container? (because it's utterly impossible to get to the capital without bonus and with current AI strength)

those 2 things would solve the current what-is-perceived-as problems i think.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Rune has asked us....   Rune has asked us.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:21 am

klaas wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

whut?

so, all the progress we made, all the grind and slog i put into building up Unceasing Legion down the drain? i wouldn't exactly call that 'interesting', nor "a great solution'..

i'll ask again: is it possible to delete the alt-accounts? that would go a long way towards soothing the friction between the factions.
and secondly, also again: is it possible to set the bonus to 0% and at the same time, reduce the AI army impact to max 10% hex container? (because it's utterly impossible to get to the capital without bonus and with current AI strength)

those 2 things would solve the current what-is-perceived-as problems i think.

Long discussion regarding the end game..I am definitely not starting it.

I think the Community has overestimated the possibility of alt accounts. It is possible that some may have passed the monitoring system, but I sincerely doubt they are as many as you may think to have a significant effect on the CP bonus mechanism.

The CP bonus can be changed to 0% along with the Capital Army impact. I am not changing anything until there is an official announcement by both Factions. I have millions of things on my mind, to add a riot on top as well.

As I said above, make it legit and I will see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: Rune has asked us....   Rune has asked us.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:33 am

what would make it legit?
i can get you a couple of PMs from different guild leaders on short notice if that is what it takes.
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: Rune has asked us....   Rune has asked us.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:42 am

Please tell us what you can possibly do about this, I know that you only are for maintenance and right we should not be selfish and should not force you to work more is you don´t get pay to do it, for now I think the best can be a simple fast solution, for this time I can agree with kql solution of remove temporary the bonus system, and see what happen, meanwhile you finish your maintenance with the game, and after all that we will see is it neccesary add the bonus again and is it neccesary calibrate/tweak it to make it fair later.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rune has asked us....   Rune has asked us.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rune has asked us....
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next