Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Exploitation of CP bonus

Go down 
+12
LSLarry
Drennalin
Claudandus
Dahk
Juggernaut
Fyrr
Metalsiagon
Boboknack
Strachu
Narmis
ysosad
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Oingoboingo

Exploitation of CP bonus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploitation of CP bonus   Exploitation of CP bonus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 11:29 am

Shouldn't the idea of lighties logging into dark alts be easily exposed by the devs and IP logs?  scratch

Edit: Also, is it possible that an influx of very new players recently occurred? Wouldn't that throw off the active count but not be visible to us in game via guild logs or rankings? Just a thought...
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Exploitation of CP bonus   Exploitation of CP bonus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 12:12 pm

Oingoboingo wrote:
Shouldn't the idea of lighties logging into dark alts be easily exposed by the devs and IP logs?  scratch

Edit: Also, is it possible that an influx of very new players recently occurred?  Wouldn't that throw off the active count but not be visible to us in game via guild logs or rankings?  Just a thought...

There was nearly a 100% increase in dark players with no discernible increase in attacks or cp...it seems highly unlikely that this is a legitimate increase in population.

Also, the point is not whether the devs can catch the accts and ban them, the damage has been done, it can't be undone short of resetting to the point of two days ago. Moreover, what is to stop it from happening again? The mechanism is too easy to exploit, it requires a change.

Also, the individual may not care if they are caught or could be logging in from another IP than when using his normal account. Again, the mechanism requires revamping.
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Exploitation of CP bonus   Exploitation of CP bonus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 12:28 pm

ysosad wrote:
Oingoboingo wrote:

Edit: Also, is it possible that an influx of very new players recently occurred?  Wouldn't that throw off the active count but not be visible to us in game via guild logs or rankings?  Just a thought...

There was nearly a 100% increase in dark players with no discernible increase in attacks or cp...it seems highly unlikely that this is a legitimate increase in population.

Also, the point is not whether the devs can catch the accts and ban them, the damage has been done, it can't be undone short of resetting to the point of two days ago. Moreover, what is to stop it from happening again? The mechanism is too easy to exploit, it requires a change.

Also, the individual may not care if they are caught or could be logging in from another IP than when using his normal account. Again, the mechanism requires revamping.

Creating alt accounts is very much possible. I have reported the former player Cheeseslayer for having at least 3 alt accounts(1 more alt name, I can't remember at this time!), all in "The Maniacs" guild(Kolovian, Bekolovian and Deathrape).

These alt accounts haven't been removed or banned yet. That might be because he went inactive after a short while? I don't know, but having reported it to RuneSlayer, my guess would be that they have checked the ip addresses and everything there is to check, but haven't found any evidence of cheating or abuse. So the scenario Ysosad has put together here is plausible and might have something to it after all. But we are stumbling around in the dark if the dev team don't examine it closer and give us some clues

(Btw, if I remember correctly Cheeseslayer might have used about 6-7 different accounts in all, during his active time in the game)So with a little tenacity abuse on a grand scale can clearly be orchestrated!
Back to top Go down
ferarith

PostSubject: Re: Exploitation of CP bonus   Exploitation of CP bonus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 12:43 pm

OK, 400 people per faction is just WRONG. no way are there 400 actual people actively playing this game each day. based on people i see in chat and the past numbers i agree with ysosad. SOMEONE is cheating the numbers IMO. I'm not sure how to combat this but i think it is a problem. maybe some combination of not counting unless you do +5 battles, have been active for 4 out of 7 days AND played for more than a week? Or some algorithm of progress per time, CP total per fame, active verse inactive days, total battle fought per time and maybe even include chat postes made in all chats?
Back to top Go down
Oingoboingo

PostSubject: Re: Exploitation of CP bonus   Exploitation of CP bonus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 1:15 pm

ysosad wrote:

I completely agree that the system needs revamping, but we haven't seen any comment from the devs yet (to my knowledge) and they should be able to shed a lot of light on this issue.  If it is in fact cheating something definitely needs to be done in terms of punishment and compensation, on top of any modification to the system so that it doesn't happen again.   Evil or Very Mad 

Would like some input from the pink gods on this one...

Edit: Sounds like armor games was advertising BC over the last few days - without actual evidence of cheating I still think that an influx of new players is the more likely explanation, especially if dark side is being given a sign up bonus. Again, if it's cheating something needs to be done immediately. Either way some tweaks need to be made to the bonus mechanism (IE minimum CPs to count as active player, etc).
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Exploitation of CP bonus   Exploitation of CP bonus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 3:19 pm

Oingoboingo wrote:
ysosad wrote:

I completely agree that the system needs revamping, but we haven't seen any comment from the devs yet (to my knowledge) and they should be able to shed a lot of light on this issue.  If it is in fact cheating something definitely needs to be done in terms of punishment and compensation, on top of any modification to the system so that it doesn't happen again.   Evil or Very Mad 

Edit: Sounds like armor games was advertising BC over the last few days - without actual evidence of cheating I still think that an influx of new players is the more likely explanation, especially if dark side is being given a sign up bonus.  Again, if it's cheating something needs to be done immediately.  Either way some tweaks need to be made to the bonus mechanism (IE minimum CPs to count as active player, etc).

Whatever it is, we are once again getting battered all over the map, yaaaay!  Basketball 
Back to top Go down
Dahk

PostSubject: Re: Exploitation of CP bonus   Exploitation of CP bonus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 11:16 pm

huh actives dropped by over 150 for DF.. assuming similar for LF.... odd drop in active players.
Back to top Go down
Drennalin

PostSubject: Re: Exploitation of CP bonus   Exploitation of CP bonus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 5:00 am

Oingoboingo wrote:
ysosad wrote:

Edit: Sounds like armor games was advertising BC over the last few days - without actual evidence of cheating I still think that an influx of new players is the more likely explanation, especially if dark side is being given a sign up bonus.  Again, if it's cheating something needs to be done immediately.  Either way some tweaks need to be made to the bonus mechanism (IE minimum CPs to count as active player, etc).

A promotion should improve our numbers since new people fight in the beginning. New people aren't the farmers. And usually when this happens I see interesting questions in chat... how do I do and where can I get..... I've seen none of this.

Dren

Back to top Go down
LSLarry

PostSubject: Re: Exploitation of CP bonus   Exploitation of CP bonus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 12:45 pm

Still no dev reply here... but bump AND even if this is just related to a bunch of new players (~100 each side? Idk... lol) it still points out a seriously problem with the CP system. Perhaps don't count new players until they have 45 fame or whatever it used to be to make the rankings?
Back to top Go down
Metalsiagon

Metalsiagon

PostSubject: Re: Exploitation of CP bonus   Exploitation of CP bonus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 4:25 am

Still wondering what the answer is on this.
Back to top Go down
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

PostSubject: Re: Exploitation of CP bonus   Exploitation of CP bonus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:15 am

I totally agree on killing the farmers =)

about AI army contribution: i am one of the supporters of the instrument for balancing. When u implement a change (like for ranged  units boost) u should also calibrate it though, to make it working well. Now i believe that the contribution of the AI armies is too powerful compared to the players contribution. This is not so good, for it can obscuring the valour of the fighters.
A little calibration is needed. But seeing what happened to the ranged boost, after so many requestes to fix it a bit with no change, i believe it could happen also for the AI power.
I am not complain the use of the AI army to balance the game, i still think it is great and make the war far more interesting and challenging, im asking a calibration to make things improving. Now it is too much devastating, and randomly changing the shape of the fronts too much, in my opinion.
Maybe a new topic about is good. Doing it =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exploitation of CP bonus   Exploitation of CP bonus - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exploitation of CP bonus
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2