Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New AI difficulty

Go down 
+11
ferarith
Boboknack
Savvage
ysosad
RuneSlayer
Tibr
Realf Lantow
soulthief
Dahk
XViper
Scaren
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

New AI difficulty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New AI difficulty   New AI difficulty - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:29 am

Steinhund, Coridise.......Movement/Attack issue resolved.

Fix will go live with the next update.
Back to top Go down
Coridise

PostSubject: Re: New AI difficulty   New AI difficulty - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:35 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

Thank you for your hard work Rune, I will keep battling and now that I have figured out how to get you a screenshot will get more if it continues after next update.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: New AI difficulty   New AI difficulty - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:37 am

Coridise wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

Thank you for your hard work Rune, I will keep battling and now that I have figured out how to get you a screenshot will get more if it continues after next update.

"We live...therefore we try to resolve issues..."
RuneSlayer
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

PostSubject: Re: New AI difficulty   New AI difficulty - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 7:22 am

lol Descartes as a dev? Wink

Most encouraging thing about this game is and always will be; after a random post finding a quick reply and then 2 solid pages of Devs talking to / listening to / helping players. Brings a goddamn smile to my face.

I actually wandered back to try to be more constructive in my complaints about the AI's attack mode; so here's my current thought. Assign AI to march straight, right away. Don't assign them to targets (as they seem to now, ie HI always try to 1v1 LIA) at all, simply have them advance. Maybe some basic squad tactics (ie AI knows to march HI through a gap first so other units (not cav I guess) will stop and leave a clear path for HI) or squad assignments (AI makes teams of Army /3 min 1 unit) so they don't just march 'in a line' up the map...

And then when they SPOT a player unit, have a second phase of AI attack start where they converge (not on that unit) on the area (defined as a circle I would assume) in which the player's unit was spotted.

I think this will preserve the 'charge' feeling of the AI but let a player be much more tactical in choosing the time and place of engagement.

My disclaimer (as always) is; dunno how much work that actually entails! *runs away*
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: New AI difficulty   New AI difficulty - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 7:37 am

LSLarry wrote:
lol Descartes as a dev? Wink

Most encouraging thing about this game is and always will be; after a random post finding a quick reply and then 2 solid pages of Devs talking to / listening to / helping players.  Brings a goddamn smile to my face.

I actually wandered back to try to be more constructive in my complaints about the AI's attack mode; so here's my current thought.  Assign AI to march straight, right away.  Don't assign them to targets (as they seem to now, ie HI always try to 1v1 LIA) at all, simply have them advance.  Maybe some basic squad tactics (ie AI knows to march HI through a gap first so other units (not cav I guess) will stop and leave a clear path for HI) or squad assignments (AI makes teams of Army /3 min 1 unit) so they don't just march 'in a line' up the map...

And then when they SPOT a player unit, have a second phase of AI attack start where they converge (not on that unit) on the area (defined as a circle I would assume) in which the player's unit was spotted.

I think this will preserve the 'charge' feeling of the AI but let a player be much more tactical in choosing the time and place of engagement.  

My disclaimer (as always) is; dunno how much work that actually entails! *runs away*

We already have a logic LSLarry. We just need to implement it. It is the next thing we will implement, hopefully by the end of this week. Then we want to implement the "Store/Import/Export" Supplies for the Regions.
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: New AI difficulty   New AI difficulty - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 8:16 am

Wave_Rida wrote:
as an UD player, I miss currently anything to hit the ranged with (not yet in the stage of cavs), unless I let my archers return fire at their archers, which usually results in a loss in this measurement of power. I feel that especially the LIA are lacking in their potential, whom I see as assasin units (flanking and taking out ranged units). I know they have recently been downscaled on their damage, but it now feels like a waste to use LIA in any kind of way, seeing them loose to archers.

I would actually like to address this issue especially since the archer buff. LIA die so quickly to archers. They melt like butter. So they need some sort of buff themselves. Maybe +10 or +20 endurance to all LIA. Or an increase in movement and not have their movement cap be only 1 movement above their original movement.

Last edited by Scaren on Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

PostSubject: Re: New AI difficulty   New AI difficulty - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 8:35 am

Ah durnit, even when I try to be constructive I fail! Wink reiterate comments about helpful communicative devs here!
Back to top Go down
Steinhund

Steinhund

PostSubject: Re: New AI difficulty   New AI difficulty - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 8:58 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

thx4info
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: New AI difficulty   New AI difficulty - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 10:34 am

Let's hope the issues get resolved. I don't want to be disrespectful but the FoW and Volume gameplay hasn't done wonders to the game. If the oldtimers think it has increased the difficulty and made it better then fine. But if i was a new player that had just found and played BC, I would run away screaming affraid 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New AI difficulty   New AI difficulty - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New AI difficulty
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3