Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

COOP Difficulty

Go down 
+9
Anduin
Savvage
Naz_
Coridise
Scaren
LSLarry
Fyrr
Claudandus
RuneSlayer
13 posters
AuthorMessage
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

COOP Difficulty Empty
PostSubject: COOP Difficulty   COOP Difficulty I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 7:40 am

Since a lot of players have found the COOP experience quite a "nightmare", under the new circumstances, we decided to lower the difficulty.

Change will go live with the next update.
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

COOP Difficulty Empty
PostSubject: Re: COOP Difficulty   COOP Difficulty I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 7:48 am

I finally had fun doing coop and now this Wink.
Any information when the hard co-op mode will be available?
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

COOP Difficulty Empty
PostSubject: Re: COOP Difficulty   COOP Difficulty I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 8:01 am

Why not leave this difficulty as hard and introduce the normal coop again ^^ Different rewards, same or different queues, perhaps tickbox in army screen if you prefer harder..
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

COOP Difficulty Empty
PostSubject: Re: COOP Difficulty   COOP Difficulty I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 8:28 am

^+1 to different co-op modes! Make the harder version unlock w/NM solos so players aren't as motivated to switch to primarily solos.
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

COOP Difficulty Empty
PostSubject: Re: COOP Difficulty   COOP Difficulty I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 8:35 am

Fyrr wrote:
Why not leave this difficulty as hard and introduce the normal coop again ^^ Different rewards, same or different queues, perhaps tickbox in army screen if you prefer harder..

Yes please do this. If you actually have a harder coop mode I would do coop again. Especially if rewards were worth it and cp cap wasn't 100.
Back to top Go down
Coridise

COOP Difficulty Empty
PostSubject: Re: COOP Difficulty   COOP Difficulty I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 9:17 am

Scaren wrote:
Fyrr wrote:

Yes please do this. If you actually have a harder coop mode I would do coop again. Especially if rewards were worth it and cp cap wasn't 100.

What if you do as Scaren suggests, make the one "Hard" the other "Norm" cp cap 100 on the norm, and cp cap = next step above. and then you could make a nightmare coop which is even tougher and have another step up in cap?
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

COOP Difficulty Empty
PostSubject: Re: COOP Difficulty   COOP Difficulty I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 9:25 am

Btw, don't forget that too many coop options make coop queue slower as there are not enough people to keep it going. Then again, perhaps something with private/arranged coops...  bounce 

2 modes should be fine - for those who want challenge/cp/rewards, and for those who don't care to use pvp-like tactics and prefer to not die if they want to chat a bit.
Back to top Go down
Naz_

COOP Difficulty Empty
PostSubject: Re: COOP Difficulty   COOP Difficulty I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 9:26 am

Fyrr wrote:
+1

Cause i can manage the coop actual difficulty quite easily with a knowed partner...
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

COOP Difficulty Empty
PostSubject: Re: COOP Difficulty   COOP Difficulty I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 10:14 am

WHINE!

coops now way too easy with a good partner, can bring whatever and even charge. I suspect even easier than before.

Some of us seriously miss the challenge! Some of us cooped a lot more before this nerf, cause it reminded of pvps in difficulty.

Some are rly happy with coop nerf, back to casual lazy  Sleep .

Could we PLEASE get 2 coop difficulties? Now we keep switching between so-damn-challenging and way-too-casual. Devs even have both coop settings already...
Like pleasing us all with option to sort by fame or cps, why not this too...  Smile

For example... full liacavs (naked lia even), full charging! Lost just some lia HPs, mostly to one lucky human cannon hit... completed in under 3 minutes. Seriously, not many people like this stuff... No need to cooperate/talk/hide..  confused 
And at least I liked getting 300 kills... Now not enough enemy to kill!
http://prntscr.com/34ca7b

And even ranged armies aren't as risky as ever before.

Last edited by Fyrr on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Savvage

Savvage

COOP Difficulty Empty
PostSubject: Re: COOP Difficulty   COOP Difficulty I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 10:30 am

Muahahaha, NO TO OTHER CO-OP DIFFICULTIES!

I disagree with this because it's bad enough that people in the past complained too much when the devs made a thread about adding command points to co-ops.

SomeYoungLad wrote:
I think co-ops should cost command points because now individual players can hold and take entire regions because of this endless and infinite line of non-costing co-ops.
^ I'm not sure the exact words or name of the one who said this.

EDIT: Bleh Bleh! I accidentally back paged and lost my original message!
Back to top Go down
Anduin

Anduin

COOP Difficulty Empty
PostSubject: Re: COOP Difficulty   COOP Difficulty I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 10:56 am

I very much enjoyed the increased coop difficulty too. I like the idea of adding an easy/hard option for coops, even if it would decrease the number of available coops.
Back to top Go down
Naz_

COOP Difficulty Empty
PostSubject: Re: COOP Difficulty   COOP Difficulty I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 10:58 am

coops need 2 difficullty, it's not even fun now with the nerf.

I agree with Fyrr when he says it remember us 2v2 PVP !
Now it's just too easy to win with anybody...

And "Coop need to cost command point" ... bullshit
"some people entire conquest region with Coop" give me a example of Region only taken by Coops.
And if you got one (i doubt) you want to stop players who whants to stay and play in the game after 10 command point gone ??? Common, do you want to kill the game ???
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

COOP Difficulty Empty
PostSubject: Re: COOP Difficulty   COOP Difficulty I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:21 pm

meh, too easy now. You finally got me doing co-ops and now this. You wont find me in co-op until some kind of challenge is implemented again.
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

COOP Difficulty Empty
PostSubject: Re: COOP Difficulty   COOP Difficulty I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:49 pm

After having tried just one coop, this is certainly easy mode...which I think is a very good thing for new players that need to be able to grow into experienced players.

That said, I think that the difficulty of cooperatives that we had had were close to what the community was thinking about when talking about a cooperative - hard mode for attacks on the Capital. It probably needs a bit of tweaking, but I think it was very close.

Thank you for changing this, I think you made a number of noobies and mid-level players very happy...veterans can be patient, we've been around long enough to know that you're always trying to improve upon the gaming experience...and that will no doubt happen.

EDIT (Because I'm told that I did not do a very good job of explaining my real stance):

Cooperative should appeal to everyone. The current option allows anyone to win...it is so easy that many will not touch it. The previous one was too hard, and so again, some would not touch it. However, with two cooperative modes of different difficulties many issues are solved. Noobs do easy coops, mid range might do both, one for ease and another for a challenge, and vets might only do the harder one.

Additionally, this leads into allowing attacks on the Capital via cooperatives, which should be on the to-do list somewhere...exactly where idk, we're a little ways away from those regions yet.

Last edited by ysosad on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wave_Rida

Wave_Rida

COOP Difficulty Empty
PostSubject: Re: COOP Difficulty   COOP Difficulty I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 1:11 pm

I actually lost a co op, so if you feel like you need to increase anything, just increase the rewards pls.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

COOP Difficulty Empty
PostSubject: Re: COOP Difficulty   COOP Difficulty I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 1:14 pm

Wave_Rida wrote:
I actually lost a co op, so if you feel like you need to increase anything, just increase the rewards pls.

heyy don't base your experience on my ranged charging O.o
i wanted to see if it's actually still possible to lose a coop Smile

in more serious coops it might look like this:
COOP Difficulty Obeyvl1

Sleep 
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

COOP Difficulty Empty
PostSubject: Re: COOP Difficulty   COOP Difficulty I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 4:31 pm

As soon as PvP vs AI comes out, all those players who want more of a challenge will be satisfied.

and those players who want a more relaxed approach can continue playing Coops.

Poor Devs, seriously.
So many people complain about the Coop difficulty, so they change it.
Now everyone complains they changed it.
What the hell do you expect them to do?
If push comes to shove, always better too easy than too hard. Generally people don't get frustrated and upset about winning too easily. You can always exhaust all your Suicides before jumping into a Coop.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

COOP Difficulty Empty
PostSubject: Re: COOP Difficulty   COOP Difficulty I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 2:17 am

XViper wrote:
As soon as PvP vs AI comes out, all those players who want more of a challenge will be satisfied.
and those players who want a more relaxed approach can continue playing Coops.

Part of coops, at least those harder ones, is the very cooperation between 2 players. With pvp AI it's more likely to end in sort of 1v1s with AI armies, and the only equivalent of coops is the ordinary 2v2, and 2v2 are a lot harder to arrange/get than coops.
Eg for me personally the pvps can't provide the same benefit than coops. Challenge part yea, but working together is either hard to get or impossible in pvps. Also pvps have level and AP limits, and coops don't.
Back to top Go down
tommarkc

COOP Difficulty Empty
PostSubject: Re: COOP Difficulty   COOP Difficulty I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 9:14 am

To be really short: I like coops  Very Happy 

I believe they are easy for experienced players, but maybe it cannot be so for newbies. This provide nice income to newbies too to fit in Erevos high level, if they can.
I think rewards are pretty high, but OK, because buildings are costly. And by winnig coops, which I feel isn't hard, they always provide more than you spent on repairs and heals and play is rewarded.
If you comparison coop with pvp it looks ok too. Pvp provides fast gained high rarity frags, while coops give ressources for upgrading buildings by mortal players.
I don't think coops should be made harder, because they make less differences between until now 2 separate worlds and encourage fitting in the community, which is highly needed.

I can only say thanks to devs, but I will have nothing against if they will increase difficulty a bit. And fast forward will be appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

COOP Difficulty Empty
PostSubject: Re: COOP Difficulty   COOP Difficulty I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COOP Difficulty
Page 1 of 1