Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

double account is unfair

Go down 
+2
XViper
cgi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cgi

double account is unfair Empty
PostSubject: double account is unfair   double account is unfair I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 3:23 am

Hey all,

Let me say that I understand it was important to merge the 2 worlds (too much unbalances between factions and so on). Moreover I really appreciate Developpers effort in improving this game!

Nevertheless, sorry but I have a different opinion about a double account: i think it is just unfair and not honest. Let me explain:

I was playing in the first world with my account from September 2013 to January 2014, reaching a certain amount of good fame, improvements, army level (cavalry), items... Maybe XViper, Johntheright etc. will remember me.
Then I've seen that my faction (Light) was going to win there and I decided to look for new challenges in Olympus... starting from the scratch!
No extra-gems or other benefits...

I'm finally almost at the same level I was in the first world (no cavalry) but after the fusion I'll be an average player. A lucky guess: if I wouldn't have changed the world I would have cannoons right now!
Considering that my 'colleagues' in Everos just continued to improve...

I now feel penalized, and why so?
Just because I was honest in resetting my account and I wanted to test the other world...

Developpers, could u pls give me an answer also in my mailbox? Thank u!
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: double account is unfair   double account is unfair I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 3:51 am

I hope that maybe some exceptions are given on a player by player basis.

Another long-term player Comitatus reset his account just days before the merge was announced, thinking (wrongly) that there would be more activity and players over in Olympus.

I imagine that at this point, he'll just quit entirely, as I can't imagine having to start from scratch again while being surrounded by all the players you 'grew' with originally.

Not sure if the Devs have some kind of 'backups' of players previous accounts that they could perhaps recover from a certain date?
Back to top Go down
cgi

PostSubject: Re: double account is unfair   double account is unfair I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 4:00 am

Hi XViper!
Idk about the database of previous accounts... and yes i've seen Comitatus in Olympus trying to grow!
Indeed for us the situation is complicated and it's 'a challenge' to restart with a LI when u were use to cavalry.
Then... this merger! I'm not saying not to take care of those that were experimenting the new world with another account, but at least to take care of those that r in my situation as well!
Otherwise the reliability of the game falls!

XViper wrote:

Another long-term player Comitatus reset his account just days before the merge was announced, thinking (wrongly) that there would be more activity and players over in Olympus.

I imagine that at this point, he'll just quit entirely, as I can't imagine having to start from scratch again while being surrounded by all the players you 'grew' with originally.

Not sure if the Devs have some kind of 'backups' of players previous accounts that they could perhaps recover from a certain date?
Back to top Go down
tommarkc

PostSubject: Re: double account is unfair   double account is unfair I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 4:45 am

I think there's no account backups. Because of that, there's no proves what account you had. I agree it's unfair but there's no way to help players like you. At least if there's no backups.

Especially on Erevos there's many advanced players. My advice is that you ask some players you know to help you grow and if they want, you will repay them later (if they trust you).
Back to top Go down
cgi

PostSubject: Re: double account is unfair   double account is unfair I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 5:18 am

Unless the other players could be my witnesses... Johntheright, XViper and others have seen my cavalry!
In Avengers (my former guild) they could remember me...
And some item could still have my name on! As I've forged them...
Anyway it is unfair! And it should be solved with a compensation from Devs, not with bothering other players by asking them help!

tommarkc wrote:
I think there's no account backups. Because of that, there's no proves what account you had. I agree it's unfair but there's no way to help players like you. At least if there's no backups.

Especially on Erevos there's many advanced players. My advice is that you ask some players you know to help you grow and if they want, you will repay them later (if they trust you).
Back to top Go down
tommarkc

PostSubject: Re: double account is unfair   double account is unfair I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 5:52 am

Yes, by seeing some of your items you can prove some levels of some of your buildings (minimal lvl of requirement buildings), but nothing else.
A word of other players about your progress is not a prove. To exaggerate, lets say you tell some players that you will give the 100k gold if they support you and they do that because they get something from it (or help you because they like you).

If they will have any kind of list of deleted accounts, everything will help. And if they will decide to help players manually, it will help too. But I doubt about that. Even if you will have print screens it won't work, because it could be photoshoped.

I think I remember you too and I know you will be pretty advanced by now. As long devs aren't solving manual players problems, you have the biggest and only chance only if you they keeping track of deleting accounts and make them get something out of it.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: double account is unfair   double account is unfair I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 6:13 am

XViper wrote:
 Suspect what's devs' stand on it?
grey zone, and dangerous, but would make many people happy.

this whole thing.. i don't think devs wanted this second server to fail or something, and people talked about some merge back ever since the 2nd server opened, more or less. if people experiment and instead of creating a 2nd account, they migrate.. i don't think they deserve both to get stuff from second server AND full progress back on deleted 1st account.

if there are backups.. people who migrated, could be compensated for the fame or something which they were at before migrating. gems or quicker building times.. and with gems you could buy chests and sell items and buy resources, or something.
Back to top Go down
cgi

PostSubject: Re: double account is unfair   double account is unfair I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 6:27 am

Fyrr, 'in theory' nobody should have a second (or more) account...
That's why I've just switched (with my only honest account) to Olympus.
Otherwise why Devs didn't explicitely said to create an additional account for the second world? And... about the merge, I would trust only what Devs say (only official source).
Anyway, let's wait and see what solution are proposed...

Fyrr wrote:
XViper wrote:
 Suspect what's devs' stand on it?
grey zone, and dangerous, but would make many people happy.

this whole thing.. i don't think devs wanted this second server to fail or something, and people talked about some merge back ever since the 2nd server opened, more or less. if people experiment and instead of creating a 2nd account, they migrate.. i don't think they deserve both to get stuff from second server AND full progress back on deleted 1st account.

if there are backups.. people who migrated, could be compensated for the fame or something which they were at before migrating. gems or quicker building times.. and with gems you could buy chests and sell items and buy resources, or something.
Back to top Go down
tommarkc

PostSubject: Re: double account is unfair   double account is unfair I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 6:47 am

Fyrr wrote:
if people experiment and instead of creating a 2nd account, they migrate..

I agree, it was their decision. But even they made bad decision, it's still unfair, because they, nor anyone else, didn't know it.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: double account is unfair   double account is unfair I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 2:43 pm

Just to be clear Cgi, having two accounts (one on Olympus and one on Erevos) was NEVER against the rules.

The rule was two accounts in ONE world, not across two. It was essentially an entirely separate game with no way to interact, so having two accounts would have been perfectly fine. Especially considering when this all started there was never an expectation to have to merge the worlds back together at a later date. (Devs got screwed by Publisher).

The only benefit of fully resetting your account was that you got all your gems back. For players with no gems, there was never a reason to migrate. They should have just created a new account.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: double account is unfair   double account is unfair I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 3:00 am

cgi wrote:
Just because I was honest in resetting my account and I wanted to test the other world...

The "Migrate" function was not about people being honest. It was a function allowing players to reset their account, start anew on a new game world, with all the Gems they had spent returned back to them.

In regards to multi-accounts (i.e. playing with more than one accounts on the SAME game world), if a player violates this rule, then he WILL be banned and his accounts WILL be deleted. Simple as that...

The "Delete Account" is for those players who have one account on Erevos and one account on Olympus. The account on OLYMPUS ONLY can be deleted, as this is the newest game world (3 months old) and players will be able to transfer the items from the deleted account and receive Gems to an amount dependent on the Fame they have (excluding the CP bonus).

Please read here for more clarifications.

Back to top Go down
tommarkc

PostSubject: Re: double account is unfair   double account is unfair I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 3:32 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

The "Delete Account" is for those players who have one account on Erevos and one account on Olympus. The account on OLYMPUS ONLY can be deleted /.../

RuneSlayer wrote:
- Players who have TWO accounts (one on Erevos and one on Olympus and NOT two on THE SAME game world as this is forbidden anyways), will have the chance to delete one of them and receive Gems which will be added t the other account through a mechanism which will be described below.

As much I see, the description says whatever account we delete, we get gems and transfering.

RuneSlayer wrote:
It seems that there is much confusion in regards to the merger.

I am going to make another thread and lock this one so as to clear things out.

I still see no new topic open, as new description topic is closed, so I had to off-topic here.

Edit:
Topic was open not far ago, so nvm.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: double account is unfair   double account is unfair I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 7:12 am

Just a reminder: please use hero healing times from Olympus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: double account is unfair   double account is unfair I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

double account is unfair
Page 1 of 1