Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Decrease minimum buyout limits

Go down 
+6
Plonck
XViper
ysosad
Pearl
Fyrr
clambam
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
clambam

Decrease minimum buyout limits Empty
PostSubject: Decrease minimum buyout limits   Decrease minimum buyout limits I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 11:23 am

With the new economy it would be very useful if you could decrease the minimum buyout limit, at the moment it is 334 for a 1k stack, but wood can sit on the market for a long time at this price, it really needs to be lower now....please
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Decrease minimum buyout limits   Decrease minimum buyout limits I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 11:41 am

The 30% BO limit was implemented because people used to exploit it. 334 is cheap enough.
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Decrease minimum buyout limits   Decrease minimum buyout limits I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 11:59 am

clambam wrote:
at the moment it is 334 for a 1k stack

Fyrr wrote:
The 30% BO limit was implemented because people used to exploit it. 334 is cheap enough.

Ah ... Fyrr ... I can finally get back at you for all your spelling corrections of my writing1. Cool

You see, Fyrr, 334 is *NOT* 30% of 1,000 .... Surprised

Fyrr ... good at spelling ... bad at math Shocked
Decrease minimum buyout limits TlI3YsWlZqJBT7RDwH-FECLl4ujMgf0gFqAZcBdnRuHuj4jqv90kkT1DWNGdnUvfAuCyUwxOeptze5x-5errDno7qb5Xzv3wpLIIIe1KYX2e2dbXYILrdYWiSg
Barbie actually said "Math class is tough!" but who cares about
accuracy when you're trying to make a point?

1A joyful day for me -- thanks, Fyrr Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Decrease minimum buyout limits   Decrease minimum buyout limits I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 12:24 pm

elf wrote:

You see, Fyrr,  334 is #*NOT*# 30% of 1,000 ....Fyrr ... good at spelling ... bad at math

yay, i have such an ability to make you happy!  cheers 
ugh, you use so much superfluous formatting though.

elf wrote:
Ah ... Fyrr ... I can finally get back at you for all your spelling corrections of my writing
not my fault you don't spell right.

quoting myself:
Quote :
lazy

the keyword was 'used to exploit' and yes indeed who cares what % it is now (ok you do, apparently).

Ok, the thingy now is 'impossible to post resources at a smaller price than 1/3 of their quantity', so 33.(3)%. Or you wanna even more accuracy?

oh and don't edit my quotes like you did somewhere.
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Decrease minimum buyout limits   Decrease minimum buyout limits I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 12:28 pm

clambam wrote:
With the new economy it would be very useful if you could decrease the minimum buyout limit, at the moment it is 334 for a 1k stack, but wood can sit on the market for a long time at this price, it really needs to be lower now....please

The market is saturated with wood, I assume the other resources will get there eventually.

Why not allow players to convert 1 resource to gold at a 3:1 ratio or so? (Bad idea?)
Back to top Go down
clambam

PostSubject: Re: Decrease minimum buyout limits   Decrease minimum buyout limits I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 12:29 pm

Fyrr wrote:
334 is obviously not cheap enough, if it was then I would not be asking for it to be reduced, I have stacks up at that price sitting there nearly 12 hours now and still not sold, I am selling cheap as possible as I want a quick sale, but with the new ecomomy it is not cheap enough!

I understand it was done before to stop people doing cheap transfers, but with guild vault system now that is no longer neccessary
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Decrease minimum buyout limits   Decrease minimum buyout limits I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 12:50 pm

exploiting was more the issue of alts than cheap selling/lack of guild vault, and alt catching scripts are better now.

but i don't see a point why you'd want to sell for next to nothing, when you'll need wood later on.
getting 30% (cough) gold seems bad enough deal already. tbh i'd rather see devs give more uses of wood early on than having the need to sell sooo cheaply.

just realized joyce the elf didn't contribute anything to the discussion here. your next task - pick on my lack of capitalization  Razz
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Decrease minimum buyout limits   Decrease minimum buyout limits I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 9:18 pm

Fyrr wrote:
your next task - pick on my lack of capitalization  Razz

That's been bugging me for ages!!

STOP IT!
Back to top Go down
Plonck

PostSubject: Re: Decrease minimum buyout limits   Decrease minimum buyout limits I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 2:25 pm

Fyrr wrote:
but i don't see a point why you'd want to sell for next to nothing, when you'll need wood later on.
getting 30% (cough) gold seems bad enough deal already. tbh i'd rather see devs give more uses of wood early on than having the need to sell sooo cheaply.

That's exactly the problem we have on Olympus now though. At a certain level, there's not enough gold dropping to even repair things, let alone save up for stuff. So we're supposed to sell the mats that drop to get gold. But no one wants them, so to be able to earn some gold *any* price is better than not selling. Even at an awful 30%.

By now, I have to put up iron for 800 gold per 1k, and it's still sitting there for at least half a day before it sells.
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Decrease minimum buyout limits   Decrease minimum buyout limits I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 3:15 pm

Plonck wrote:
Fyrr wrote:

That's exactly the problem we have on Olympus now though. At a certain level, there's not enough gold dropping to even repair things, let alone save up for stuff. So we're supposed to sell the mats that drop to get gold. But no one wants them, so to be able to earn some gold *any* price is better than not selling. Even at an awful 30%.

By now, I have to put up iron for 800 gold per 1k, and it's still sitting there for at least half a day before it sells.

Why not do what this wise individual proposed:

ysosad wrote:
The market is saturated with wood, I assume the other resources will get there eventually.

Why not allow players to convert 1 resource to gold at a 3:1 ratio or so? (Bad idea?)
Back to top Go down
Anduin

Anduin

PostSubject: Re: Decrease minimum buyout limits   Decrease minimum buyout limits I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 6:01 pm

The value of gold has changed since the buyout limit was implemented.  When the buyout limit was created gold was worth far less than it is in our current economy.  This means that the buyout limit has increased with the patch.  Lowering the buyout limit could be viewed as setting the buyout limit back to what it was before the patch.

I think that people using multiple accounts to transfer resources is a separate issue, but since the point has been raised, I'll address it.  I question the effectiveness of the buyout limit at stopping illegal transfers.

Sure, without a buyout limit a player could directly transfer 10,000 iron for 1 gold, but that could be done anyway with one more transfer.  Now, the player simply buys the iron, then puts a common fragment on the market and sets the price to be equal to the amount of gold they spent on the iron.  The other account buys the fragment and the transfer is complete.

I'm sure there are much better ways to deal with these offenders, like tracking them and banning them.

I very much like Ysosad's idea of being able to convert resources.
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: Decrease minimum buyout limits   Decrease minimum buyout limits I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 6:31 pm

Wow Anduin excellent post. You are completely right about their being a way past the min and max of posting resources. I think there should be no limits on the market.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Decrease minimum buyout limits   Decrease minimum buyout limits I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 8:27 pm

Anduin wrote:

Now, the player simply buys the iron, then puts a common fragment on the market and sets the price to be equal to the amount of gold they spent on the iron.  The other account buys the fragment and the transfer is complete.
I'm sure there are much better ways to deal with these offenders, like tracking them and banning them.
Tracking has greatly improved recently, so yes it's not exactly an issue anymore, I just said how it went into effect. I guess people would get tired to do separate transactions like with common frags, so some lazy persons wouldn't bother.

Devs have the limits (at least buyout) to prevent economy from collapsing. Would be horrible to see res at 0.01... Now gold is supposed to be rare and resources should go for less than 1:1 anyway, so it should balance itself out in 30%-100% range. It works in theory.
The underlying issue is too much wood which isn't used in many buildings and needing gold for repairs/heal, so it's just some stuff devs failed to think about and balance (ugh repairs, long due for a rework).

Quote :

at 3:1 meaning what, 3 iron for 1 gold or 3 gold for 1 iron? If ratio is good... Essentially making people sell resources quickly at 30%, would be nice when desperate.
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Decrease minimum buyout limits   Decrease minimum buyout limits I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 10:51 pm

Fyrr wrote:

Quote :

at 3:1 meaning what, 3 iron for 1 gold or 3 gold for 1 iron? If ratio is good... Essentially making people sell resources quickly at 30%, would be nice when desperate.

I meant 3 Iron, Stone, or Wood for 1 Gold (though I suppose 3 Gold for 1 other resource wouldn't necessarily be a problem either, it would match the market buyout ceiling). The conversion rate could be different, I solely picked that ratio based on the current buyout floor of 3Res:1Gold.
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Decrease minimum buyout limits   Decrease minimum buyout limits I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 4:46 am

The price of wood has dropped on Olympus ...

Decrease minimum buyout limits 8XU5mRW_XKn5kh-okANa--q8IzyEdW06b_sXkwZd7s5_TBuPzudMcWeUOLkQo2w3X6OwZsJFLYyljH-zx-gGgzjUD9mDFun7nHJqSJ_dX22DtWUoKiUO4jrLMA

Also I don't think its reasonable you can auto-sell wood at 1:3 ratio.

1:10 ratio for wood seems reasonable to me (if we had auto-sell).
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Decrease minimum buyout limits   Decrease minimum buyout limits I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 6:43 am

Pearl wrote:

Decrease minimum buyout limits 8XU5mRW_XKn5kh-okANa--q8IzyEdW06b_sXkwZd7s5_TBuPzudMcWeUOLkQo2w3X6OwZsJFLYyljH-zx-gGgzjUD9mDFun7nHJqSJ_dX22DtWUoKiUO4jrLMA

Also I don't think its reasonable you can auto-sell wood at 1:3 ratio.

1:10 ratio for wood seems reasonable to me (if we had auto-sell).

1:10 would do the job, I'm not going to complain if I can quickly find a use for almost useless excess resources.
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Decrease minimum buyout limits   Decrease minimum buyout limits I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 1:38 pm

Pearl wrote:

ysosad wrote:
1:10 would do the job, I'm not going to complain if I can quickly find a use for almost useless excess resources.

The price of Wood on Olympus keeps dropping ....

Decrease minimum buyout limits 31RkhypCXcFLwAjBgTaW-TiPK26wy0PNORFb-OJPesk4SEgGPmoIG5FBsm_jeeXEwguXcQM0Mvu2qCFts-Frg4N9Q_5KVHk6wkMJgURfoKT4Zowp7ZshlboKTw

At this rate ... soon I'll be able to buy all the wood I want at 20 gold per 1k  Cool
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Decrease minimum buyout limits   Decrease minimum buyout limits I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 1:45 pm

Pearl wrote:
Pearl wrote:

ysosad wrote:

The price of Wood on Olympus keeps dropping ....

Decrease minimum buyout limits 31RkhypCXcFLwAjBgTaW-TiPK26wy0PNORFb-OJPesk4SEgGPmoIG5FBsm_jeeXEwguXcQM0Mvu2qCFts-Frg4N9Q_5KVHk6wkMJgURfoKT4Zowp7ZshlboKTw

At this rate ... soon I'll be able to buy all the wood I want at 20 gold per 1k  Cool

That person had to wait at least 24 hours to get 50 gold...I honestly feel bad for him/her/it...unless they happen to be from the Light Faction...then I laugh at their misfortune. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Decrease minimum buyout limits   Decrease minimum buyout limits I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 2:24 pm

... and the price of Wood on Olympus keeps dropping now only 40 gold for 1k wood ...

Decrease minimum buyout limits KbFSM4mKwrC8QEWDoum49lwcffRBMJvtUr_7h9FumyCEEwCOTOtQMapBwlw1GJS793mywzyo88MtD6qoGJ0F-2xvVyWmjkw85ayd842-D0TXzLiX9Jy1PWsZLQ

... and even Stone is getting cheap on Olympus ...
Decrease minimum buyout limits BpuRAC3e1uv66bjjqHi7gLIwOGEAvd4NoeU9CGBVOxnHW1Pp5q8_JZ7N-zb6-tX_fblGE8pRg_qHZ0V-IdHDRLeVBFgLVfq2geac3FAFi48ZUa-cng9JU9w2-w
Cheap wood - only 40 gold for 1000 cord!
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Decrease minimum buyout limits   Decrease minimum buyout limits I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 7:04 pm

I imagine the examples you are posting are not the norm.

Auctions?

Buyouts?
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Decrease minimum buyout limits   Decrease minimum buyout limits I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 7:11 pm

XViper wrote:
I imagine the examples you are posting are not the norm.

Auctions?

Buyouts?

They are not exactly the norm ... however, ... they are not that far off for what wood is going for on Olympus....

Prices of resources are really falling fast, and keep falling.

Value of wood is about 150 now on Olympus ...

(And no, they are not buyouts of course, as they are less than 34.4% of the sale price ...)
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Decrease minimum buyout limits   Decrease minimum buyout limits I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:29 pm

elf wrote:

(And no, they are not buyouts of course, as they are less than 34.4% of the sale price ...)

on this very same topic you create the whole post saying i'm bad at math because i rounded to the nearest ten. Now what's your excuse for claiming 1/3 is 34.4%? O.o Ironic? =)

seems to me others have no need for resources yet and/or they don't bother bidding as you'd outbid them anyway.
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Decrease minimum buyout limits   Decrease minimum buyout limits I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:57 pm

Fyrr wrote:
on this very same topic you create the whole post saying i'm bad at math because i rounded to the nearest ten. Now what's your excuse for claiming 1/3 is 34.4%? O.o Ironic? =)

I thought it was 334 minimum + 10 for buyout, however turn its 334 for buyout, so 33.4% Embarassed
Decrease minimum buyout limits Z1P3GCJ53c7IBpq3KuI-YXl-QtYzxvnpcQRWC-MsWYcNH1BzJ5kCYIPu-Ctx3ekIt3Nge6L8acHeG0dy_UWM2wPLwPAd4Mh5vDNge6GbdhXAqLe3g5XgFrKcsw
Pearl here admits ... she is bad at math too ... Embarassed

Fyrr wrote:
seems to me others have no need for resources yet and/or they don't bother bidding as you'd outbid them anyway.

Saving for the future, when the developers adjust economy again ... buy low ... sell high (in the future) ...
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: elves...   Decrease minimum buyout limits I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 9:20 pm

elf wrote:
she is bad at math too
i still don't see my error when talking about 30%. Might be inaccurate in that case but no actual calculations involved. Odd logic. And it's slightly less than 33.4% as you claim, if we're into nitpicking.  

elf wrote:

I thought it was 334 minimum + 10 for buyout, however turn its 334 for buyout, so 33.4%

err, such a trader and you don't know? Bids start at 10, you yourself just claimed about buying stuff below 30%. And buyout would be +20 with your odd logic anyway.

'however turn its' - turn its what?

elf wrote:

Saving for the future, when the developers adjust economy again ... buy low ... sell high (in the future) ...
see, you should blame yourself for bc2's economy.
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Decrease minimum buyout limits   Decrease minimum buyout limits I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 9:28 pm

Fyrr wrote:
'however turn its' - turn its what?

I meant "turns out" and said 'turn' by mistake ... *sigh* ... not my day ...

Anyway back to the topic at hand ... now the value of Iron is also falling on Olympus ...

Decrease minimum buyout limits 9az5AQX_UlNKmwwaZXLb99SmlJX_7Nh4tRdue4veOhDQfhAGQtXwe7vKwS3Y4x5TuDl-bh0TrAq09KoWpVNHe2VDAnE6HyrptoDa4qZj80MjrPy5rA1sTP-z5Q
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decrease minimum buyout limits   Decrease minimum buyout limits I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Decrease minimum buyout limits
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next