Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

No enemy cannons in cooperatives for Newbies

Go down 
+2
LSLarry
Pearl
6 posters

Protect newbies from AI cannons in cooperatives?
Yes - Of course!
No enemy cannons in cooperatives for Newbies I_vote_lcap6%No enemy cannons in cooperatives for Newbies I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
NO - We don't want crybaby newbies growing up anyway!
No enemy cannons in cooperatives for Newbies I_vote_lcap47%No enemy cannons in cooperatives for Newbies I_vote_rcap
 47% [ 8 ]
Why is this poll here?
No enemy cannons in cooperatives for Newbies I_vote_lcap47%No enemy cannons in cooperatives for Newbies I_vote_rcap
 47% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Pearl

Pearl

No enemy cannons in cooperatives for Newbies Empty
PostSubject: No enemy cannons in cooperatives for Newbies   No enemy cannons in cooperatives for Newbies I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 9:44 am

If a newbie is matched with an oldbie in a cooperative, sometimes the enemy AI get cannons, which can devastate1 the newbies troops & give them an initial bad experience of battle conquest.

Therefore, so that newbies have a good initial experience in their first cooperatives, I suggest the following minor change for a cooperative:

• If one players troops are all level 5 or less; AND;
  • That players barracks1 is level 7 or less; THEN
  • The enemy AI will not have any cannons.
Thoughts?

1Obviously most oldbies will protect the newbies, but that is not always possible
2To avoid high level players abusing this mechanic and only bringing level 5 troops.

3 day poll
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

PostSubject: Re: No enemy cannons in cooperatives for Newbies   No enemy cannons in cooperatives for Newbies I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 10:15 am

Pearl wrote:
If a newbie is matched with an oldbie in a cooperative, sometimes the enemy AI get cannons, which can devastate1 the newbies troops & give them an initial bad experience of battle conquest.

Speaking as someone who was more recently been in this position; I am 100% against this change. I saw my first cannon in a co-op w/a high level player, don't remember who... lol... They warned me about it and took it out with calv, otherwise I would have bunched my troops and been caught marching, torn to pieces. It was a valuable learning experience and it let a vet warn me, in game, about what the cannon could/would do.

I understand sometimes the vet can't protect the noob and take out the cannon every time, but trust me, when you're a noob hooked up with one, it is actually usually nicer than a normal co-op. I don't think it is worth protecting people at the cost of showing them the 'next level' of the tactics and such for higher level units, I have learned a lot just watching what others do.
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: No enemy cannons in cooperatives for Newbies   No enemy cannons in cooperatives for Newbies I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 10:31 am

LSLarry wrote:
Speaking as someone who was more recently been in this position; I am 100% against this change.  I saw my first cannon in a co-op w/a high level player, don't remember who... lol... They warned me about it and took it out with calv, otherwise I would have bunched my troops and been caught marching, torn to pieces.   It was a valuable learning experience and it let a vet warn me, in game, about what the cannon could/would do.

Yah, I always try to warn the newbies ... which is why I made this suggestion.

Was very interesting reading your perspective, LSLarry. Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

PostSubject: Re: No enemy cannons in cooperatives for Newbies   No enemy cannons in cooperatives for Newbies I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 10:37 am

Newbies learn best by pain and defeat. So no change needed from my perspective.
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: No enemy cannons in cooperatives for Newbies   No enemy cannons in cooperatives for Newbies I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 10:46 am

when i was newbie i was glad to coop with veteran player and be able to see enemy HI, CAV and arti in action. Battles were more fun than fighting against LI and archers all the time, but at that time there were only several active veteran players from Beta (3 if i remember corectly by dark side) so those battle were rare.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: No enemy cannons in cooperatives for Newbies   No enemy cannons in cooperatives for Newbies I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 12:17 pm

Claudandus wrote:
Newbies learn best by pain and defeat. So no change needed from my perspective.

Agreed. It gives a nice taste of what is to come and therefore is beneficial to the drive to continue playing and progressing in the game.
Back to top Go down
Dobraine

Dobraine

PostSubject: Re: No enemy cannons in cooperatives for Newbies   No enemy cannons in cooperatives for Newbies I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 2:39 pm

I voted 'Why is this poll here?' due to the seemingly biased statement made next to NO  tongue 

I am also of the opinion that it is good for newer players to see what the game has to offer, and give them something tangible to aspire to.

As pointed out, it is particularly a good experience when a veteran explains certain game concepts to the newer players...and at the very least a learning experience should the battle go sour.

Though artillery is annoying...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No enemy cannons in cooperatives for Newbies   No enemy cannons in cooperatives for Newbies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No enemy cannons in cooperatives for Newbies
Page 1 of 1