Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Resource production buildings

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kooaei

Resource production buildings  Empty
PostSubject: Resource production buildings    Resource production buildings  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:35 am

Hey there. Haven't found discussions with examples on upgrading resource-production buildings, so decided to share my thoughts on that topic.

First of all, i should tell that i was counting this stuff for myself and i'm not a 24/7 type of a player. Sometimes i can be offline for a few days, then i can be in for like 2-3 times a day for an hour or so. Thus in terms or resource-collecting i've decided that (on a higher then average) people are getting like 2-3 full max capacities of resources (fmc) a day from res production. If u're 24/7 guy u still can't get more then like 5-6 fmc and many ppl come in once a day to fight a bit after work and get their 1 fmc.

Average prices of resources currently seen on auction are like
Iron = Stone = 2xWood = 2.6xGold.
Maybe it's not totally accurate, but on average looks good.

So let's take a look at Lvl 14 Iron smelter.
To upgrade it to lvl 15 u need to spend 26k Wood, 15.6k Stone, 10,4k Iron and 17,25k Gold, which is ~35.6k Iron
When u upgrade it, u're getting +42 (multiplied on u'r bonuses: research, guild iron mine or donate) and +274 to your Iron fmc.
Which makes it pay off in 35.6k/274 ~130 fmc
So if u're an average player then u'r lvl 14 to 15 upgrade of an Iron mine is gona pay off in ~65 days.

Let's take a look at Lvl 14 Timber camp. 15.6k Wood, 10.4k Stone, 26k Iron, 17.25k Gold, which is ~101.7 k Wood.
So u'r Timber camp upgrade is gona pay off in ~371 fmc which is ~ 185 days

I won't even count Gold smelter - it has lower gain and lowest res price so it's gona be more then 450 fmc i guess.

All in all, for such common players like myself, i'd say it's not worth upgrading Iron and Stone above lvl 14 (or max 15) and hard to say about wood and gold. Maybe lvl 12-13 max. It's way better to spend resources on army and gear - it's gona pay off much faster and will give u better drops and higher chances to get frags. Every godlike is >100k gold if u wana sell it for any reason =)

Need moar boyz, moar dakka,moar choppin'. Alwayz. ©Ork strategik genyus
Back to top Go down
Tops

PostSubject: Re: Resource production buildings    Resource production buildings  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 2:28 pm

This is a good point, but only for those that do a lot of combat, and really only on a short time frame.

Realistically, combat doesn't pay off a whole ton unless you do it in large amounts. For example, right now I hourly make over 1300 of each resource (about 1500 of iron). I just went and did a PVE with 10 units on Hard, and it paid out 1.1k Gold and 900 wood.

Assuming I only wanted to make the same income from combat and I was saving the fragments, I would have to do about 4 battles per hour (Or 96 a day), which would put me at the top of the combat lists easily. If you were selling the fragments, at a low or mid tier you would likely be getting only about a worthwhile frag a day, so I'd say 15-20 battles to even it up

But, that's if we're treating things as if BC is an either-or platform. It's not, and you can do both combat and resource buildings. This would lead to a very high income, and it's how some people are already done with all the upgrades.

On a long enough time frame, resource buildings become extremely efficient compared to combat because it takes much less time to manage them for the income. Resource buildings are a long-term investment, and should always be treated as such (as your post points out)

My advice is if you're doing 30+ battles a day, go for the combat boosts first and enjoy your extra income from that. If you're doing very few battles, go for resource buildings and the extra income will be more than enough to boost up your military.
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

PostSubject: Re: Resource production buildings    Resource production buildings  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 6:44 pm

3500 gold, 3500 iron, 500 wood, 600 stone. 1 Suicide.

Thought I'd provide a better comparison, since your resource buildings are apparently maxed out? Why on earth did you run a hard to get resources? Even factoring the eventual gear repair costs it should be obvious that in two fights I will produce a lot more res than you will in one hour. Not about the same... a lot more. Plus any frags I want to sell for more gold.

Combat pays off faster than resource buildings, whatever level you are, with a minimal amount of fighting. This game is designed so that you have a steady baseline from the buildings, but its actually quite negligible.

Once you're done your newbie quests there is no point upgrading a resource building other than prereqs. The time required for your investment to break even is ridiculously long. Upgrading from level 19-20 iron smelter will take 93 days to pay for itself with a few VERY favourable assumptions (Iron sells 3-1 and player doesn't miss any collections).

Since this is tips and guides, let me be clear..... YOUR RESOURCE BUILDINGS ARE A WASTE OF YOUR RES. SPEND IT ALL IN THE BARRACKS AND WAREHOUSE UNLESS THE GAME FORCES YOU TO DO OTHERWISE.
Back to top Go down
Tops

PostSubject: Re: Resource production buildings    Resource production buildings  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 7:26 pm

@LS

Yes, it's smart to buy and use an army. No, it doesn't require all of your resources to do so.

Also, like I said, on a long time scale resource buildings pay off at a much better rate compared to time invested than combat. It take a long time scale for it to do so, but if you actually do expect to play BC for a long time then it's a good improvement as it only takes a few seconds to collect 6000+ of each resource, several times a day. On top of that, your resource buildings aren't only getting upgraded by their resource boost. The increased capacity will make you significant amounts unless you're never letting your collector hit it's cap at level 14 somehow.

Last edited by Tops on Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Resource production buildings    Resource production buildings  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 11:42 pm

Tops wrote:
The increased capacity will make you significant amounts unless you're never letting your warehouse hit it's cap at level 14 somehow.
Whatever that means..?

Tops wrote:
My advice is if you're doing 30+ battles a day, go for the combat boosts first and enjoy your extra income from that. If you're doing very few battles
Tops wrote:
Also, like I said, on a long time scale resource buildings pay off at a much better rate compared to time invested than combat.

A good battle is around 2 minutes btw. And even 5 battles (10 mins?) generate more res than at day of collecting with autocollect. Unless you count not the hourly rate but the amount of time taken to click 'collect' O.o  If you don't have 10 mins a day to play, you shouldn't have time or knowledge to post in forum, tips section.....  scratch 

Here's one suicide from me too... Now tell me that unless I do 30 of those, my resource buildings would be a better choice.
Resource production buildings  JNJU7ne

Tops wrote:
Assuming I only wanted to make the same income from combat and I was saving the fragments, I would have to do about 4 battles per hour (Or 96 a day), which would put me at the top of the combat lists easily. If you were selling the fragments, at a low or mid tier you would likely be getting only about a worthwhile frag a day, so I'd say 15-20 battles to even it up

How many lifetime CPs you have, from all servers? Over 10k or not even that? Yes, for noobs who have around 10 level buildings, those res producers can help. Beyond that... Nahhh. It all just screams you're a total noob in fighting, doing easy/hard solos, which people usually STOP doing after a few weeks of playing and move on to more profitable battles (or even coop, even that has better rewards than hard).

It's foolish to say that it's better to upgrade resource buildings than battle for resources. Unless your army is very low level, barracks has a few noobish units and you manage to lose many battles, or playing this like SimCity then yes, since res buildings become the only income...  :p
Res buildings are crap, even devs said so many times, that it's a lot more profitable to fight than collect.................
Also, gold. You should always run out of it if you don't battle (and get more than other res from any battle), so you might use market to trade stuff and it's not the same as resource buildings!. You can't even build up with only collecting.

Also necro'ing an old thread to post nonsense?
Back to top Go down
Tops

PostSubject: Re: Resource production buildings    Resource production buildings  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 7:05 am

I was saying that you can and probably should use both if you're not playing a ton, not that resource buildings are better. They aren't the greatest but they do offer a lot of easy income, and there's really no way you'll need every single resource you generate to go into your army anyways.

As for the necroing, I didn't even realize how old this thread was Razz It was only a few posts down in the tips section
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resource production buildings    Resource production buildings  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resource production buildings
Page 1 of 1