Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

post patch comments

Go down 
+9
Broodzero
Bobba
XViper
Drennalin
dada420
Thedude124
RuneSlayer
nathor
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nathor

post patch comments Empty
PostSubject: post patch comments   post patch comments I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 10:44 am

ok,

did a easy and a nm both naked and won.
the nm for naked troops is harder, but with some gear it will be quite accessible.
the rewards do seem bad, because i made still 4300 gold. healing was costlier thou, profit was just 2700 gp, but its still a lot. the worse is that resources income are very low, this means the resource prices will continue to be sky high...
Back to top Go down
nathor

PostSubject: Re: post patch comments   post patch comments I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 10:57 am

second battle, 6 cav with drop rate gear:
post patch comments Screen14

heal were 1300 gp. profit around 3000 gp.

overall result, 30% less gold profit
50% less resource profit
drop rate so far bad.

i would say less gold and more resources, else economy will still be awash in gold...

Last edited by nathor on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: post patch comments   post patch comments I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 11:00 am

Level of units?

Did you do NM both times naked?
Back to top Go down
nathor

PostSubject: Re: post patch comments   post patch comments I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 11:02 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Level of units?

Did you do NM both times naked?
1st time naked, second with drop rate gear.
level of units is 14-12

as expected gear made the fight easier.
Back to top Go down
Thedude124

PostSubject: Re: post patch comments   post patch comments I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 11:02 am

Also just a random point about the patch, but AI LIA can wear armor......? I assume not intended or does the armor not actually benefit their stats? Epic armor on my own LIA could make them pretty beastly cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: post patch comments   post patch comments I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 11:09 am

First experiences:
1st coop after update: Loading screen was 100% -> nothing happened.
Refresh browser, no connection. -> Cache Cleaner -> New IP -> Lost 95% of units -> Got MVP  Wink
Went to repair screen -> done repairs -> closed window -> kong dont response anymore

Done Cache Cleaner & New IP
-> Quest Hard -> Normal Line up (4LI with Heroes & 6 Cav) -> Faced 6 HI with gear -> Lost 2 Cavs -> 9min healing time from heroes.
Went to repair screen -> done repairs -> closed window -> kong dont response anymore

Went directly to repair screen  -> closed window -> kong dont response anymore

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: post patch comments   post patch comments I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 11:13 am

9999 wrote:
First experiences:
Refresh browser, no connection. -> Cache Cleaner -> New IP -> Lost 95% of units -> Got MVP  Wink

-> Quest Hard -> Normal Line up (4LI with Heroes & 6 Cav) -> Faced 6 HI with gear -> Lost 2 Cavs -> 9min healing time from heroes.

Crying or Very sad
What do you mean when you say that Kongregate doesn't respond anymore? Kongregate the site? Battle Conquest?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: post patch comments   post patch comments I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 11:20 am

BC freeze and IE popup comes up with message that kong dont response anymore.

Btw.:
4. 2nd Coop -> Loading screen at 100% -> nothing happenend -> Cache Cleaner -> No coop -> ?
Back to top Go down
nathor

PostSubject: Re: post patch comments   post patch comments I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 11:21 am

9999 wrote:
BC freeze and IE popup comes up with message that kong dont response anymore.

Btw.:
4. 2nd Coop -> Loading screen at 100% -> nothing happenend -> Cache Cleaner -> No coop -> ?
i had the same problem, coop seemed stuck, but on reload i got ai controling my units. coop load is 3-5 times slower than before, something is wrong...
Back to top Go down
dada420

PostSubject: Re: post patch comments   post patch comments I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 11:32 am

I have also experienced the same problem. There has been a massive increase in difficulty on NM solos with little to none increase on the rewards from them. No increase at all on the rewards of resources so no change will happen in the market keeping the prices of resources ridiculously high for new players to the game.
Back to top Go down
nathor

PostSubject: Re: post patch comments   post patch comments I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 11:38 am

another NM with 4 li 6 HI. level 13-12.

post patch comments Screen15

this time the resources are more because there was 3 drops. also i put on a lot more drop rate gear and got an epic drop.
results were similar to 6 cavs but with more drops. because heal costs were only 500, the profit seems larger, but repairs costs will also be quite heavy...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: post patch comments   post patch comments I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 12:00 pm

Update:
When leaving the repair screen directly , BC freezes 4 of 5 times completly, since last post.
The one time it doesnt, it took 2-3min till main page was visible again.
When switching from repair screen to e.g. Army screen, it takes 1-2min to get there, but i can than go to main page, without complete freeze.
Back to top Go down
Drennalin

PostSubject: Re: post patch comments   post patch comments I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 12:25 pm

9999 wrote:
First experiences:

Crying or Very sad
I've also experienced the number 1 with both of us being fully loaded as evidenced by the bar and just hanging to enter.

Number 2 I had to refresh after going into repair and changing to armor from the default.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: post patch comments   post patch comments I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 2:55 pm

@RuneSlayer: Does the resource reward summary from battles include the performance bonus? or is the bonus seperate?
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: post patch comments   post patch comments I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 2:59 pm

XViper wrote:
@RuneSlayer: Does the resource reward summary from battles include the performance bonus? or is the bonus seperate?
Yes, it does. You can tell because it shows the amount extra you got for performance, then it adds that to the summary at the top.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: post patch comments   post patch comments I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 4:39 pm

I also think the Performance reward for normal might be bugged.

That is neither 10% or 15% of the total. It's more like 1%.
post patch comments S9in
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: post patch comments   post patch comments I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 5:29 pm

My thoughts post patch are as follows:

1. Resources other than gold are still too rare. Gold is reduced a bit which will help to a degree but other resources could still use a small boost.

2. Drop rates seem weird. I hear some players getting multiple epic frags within their first few battles, while me and Fyrr have a very hard time just getting a rare fragment. I just finished doing 3 battles with >200% drop rate on nightmare, and got 2 uncommon frags and a common frag out of it. Something seems not right. I did around 14 battles before these including a pvp and have got lots of common, uncommon, and only 2 rare frags out of all the battles, not one epic or higher... Also, NM seems to drop only 1 frag now. If anything, it seems like NM drops are WORSE now than they were before the patch for me.

3. Difficulty on NM / hard actually seems pretty balanced. It's fun to see our equipment make a reasonable difference, much more satisfying to experiment than before and PvE is much better practice for PvP now that we can see the gear on the AI and our gear choices make more of a difference.

4. Solos seem to take a long time to load... usually around 2 minutes for me. It was 20 seconds to a minute pre-patch.

Edit: Just did my fifth battle with 200% drop rate gear and got an epic weapon fragment, which is nice (4th battle was another common). But why is it so hard for me to find rare fragments now? Until I continue getting decent drops at a reasonable rate (rares and above) I'm going to have to assume that one was a fluke.

Edit 2: A new point to mention.

5. Why increase the cost of recruiting units? 4000 gold for an HI!? 8000 iron for an artillery? That's way too high. I understand increasing it some, but I think these numbers could be decreased so say 3k iron for artillery and 1.5k for HI.

Edit 3:

6. PvP rewards still are not satisfactory.

Last edited by Bobba on Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: post patch comments   post patch comments I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 5:44 pm

My load times Solo and Coop have increased significantly.
Back to top Go down
nathor

PostSubject: Re: post patch comments   post patch comments I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 10:13 pm

Bobba wrote:
My thoughts post patch are as follows:

1. Resources other than gold are still too rare. Gold is reduced a bit which will help to a degree but other resources could still use a small boost.

2. Drop rates seem weird. I hear some players getting multiple epic frags within their first few battles, while me and Fyrr have a very hard time just getting a rare fragment. I just finished doing 3 battles with >200% drop rate on nightmare, and got 2 uncommon frags and a common frag out of it. Something seems not right. I did around 14 battles before these including a pvp and have got lots of common, uncommon, and only 2 rare frags out of all the battles, not one epic or higher... Also, NM seems to drop only 1 frag now. If anything, it seems like NM drops are WORSE now than they were before the patch for me.

3. Difficulty on NM / hard actually seems pretty balanced. It's fun to see our equipment make a reasonable difference, much more satisfying to experiment than before and PvE is much better practice for PvP now that we can see the gear on the AI and our gear choices make more of a difference.

4. Solos seem to take a long time to load... usually around 2 minutes for me. It was 20 seconds to a minute pre-patch.

Edit: Just did my fifth battle with 200% drop rate gear and got an epic weapon fragment, which is nice (4th battle was another common). But why is it so hard for me to find rare fragments now? Until I continue getting decent drops at a reasonable rate (rares and above) I'm going to have to assume that one was a fluke.

Edit 2: A new point to mention.

5. Why increase the cost of recruiting units? 4000 gold for an HI!? 8000 iron for an artillery? That's way too high. I understand increasing it some, but I think these numbers could be decreased so say 3k iron for artillery and 1.5k for HI.

Edit 3:

6. PvP rewards still are not satisfactory.
1) main point is gold rewards are still too high and resources rewards are cut in half. with this balance the economy will still be wrong with resources costing way more than gold. it seems that the resources i get in a NM is 500 with a chance of 2nd and 3rd drop to make max 1500. average might be around 800 resources per battle which seem 50% than what i got before. healing cost are also much higher and fortunately we have temple...

2) drop rates: in 20 battles with drop rate set i got an epic and a gl drop. not bad really. might be balanced enough to pay for the few gl items i am using. lets see how it progresses from here.

3) difficulty seems balanced enough for me. i could still do nm naked but with heavy casualties. as expected, items make battle accessible.

4) my load times are ok now i think.

5) arty does seem very expensive but its a cannon, lol! at least it will make players think again before they disband units to reach lower tiers, lol!
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: post patch comments   post patch comments I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 1:19 am

Well, after further testing I must have just been terribly unlucky. I did several more matches with drop rate gear and got 2 more epics and couple of rares too. So maybe drop rates are ok right now?

although I add:

7) That giant red arrow is very ugly. I think it was fine before, didn't even have problems with it as a new player. But the giant red arrow almost makes me leap out of my seat every time it pops up!
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: post patch comments   post patch comments I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 2:50 am

I think the rewards are pretty right about now.

Overall I am getting around the same 'total' resources, if I pull off an excellent performance.

I am getting more Wood\Iron\Stone and less gold than before, which I think was exactly what they were going for.

My gold intake using 7 LI & 3 Cav is sitting around 2.1k-2.6k. I've gotten 3k in a very hard gearscore matchup.

Edit: Profits after healing though are down around 25-35%.
Back to top Go down
Broodzero

PostSubject: Re: post patch comments   post patch comments I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 7:53 am

Bobba wrote:
although I add:

7) That giant red arrow is very ugly. I think it was fine before, didn't even have problems with it as a new player. But the giant red arrow almost makes me leap out of my seat every time it pops up!
Please remove the red arrow!!
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: post patch comments   post patch comments I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 7:58 am

Bobba wrote:
Well, after further testing I must have just been terribly unlucky. I did several more matches with drop rate gear and got 2 more epics and couple of rares too. So maybe drop rates are ok right now?
one frag per battle? or back to mostly 2x?
well when i stopped expecting anything at all, i got some rares too. And 0 frags a few times with 200%+ droprate gear in NM. Why can't NM have a probability of 1-2 frags, and pvps 2-3 frags? (instead of 0-2 and 1-2)

Would be nice to see the actual drop values.. like rune mentioned about gl drop % somewhere. (ahem, Rune!), though it's almost impossible to hope for.

Xviper wrote:
Overall I am getting around the same 'total' resources, if I pull off an excellent performance.
maybe you use slightly different army now?

For me it seems resources dropped a bit too much.

Bobba wrote:
PvP rewards still are not satisfactory
aww you found someone willing to fight. Ah I can't say anything about pvp rewards, 0 pvps so far. But I wouldn't mind a reward increase anyway.

Red arrow... Makes us feel like noobs who are unable to figure out where to click by ourselves. Horrible, simply horrible Razz I never knew people used to not notice the quest button. Though I know people miss the scrollbar in lab, and we don't see any improvements there. Funny.
Back to top Go down
WorldEater

WorldEater

PostSubject: Re: post patch comments   post patch comments I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:08 am

Oh, the actual drop values... The hope to find this forbidden knowledge must remain, staying strong, Fyrr! Smile 

Yeah, the red arrow is really annoying and ugly.
I suppose it was meant as an improvement in quest guidance, but you guys could have just made the plain yellow arrow slightly bigger.Arrow 
And it definitely should NOT be turned on by default, we know where to go when we get Attack/Defend quest. I really hope this part is a bug.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: post patch comments   post patch comments I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:19 am

Well, we added a counter and a trigger. Once a player completes 8 storyline quests the arrow disappears. Are you still having it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: post patch comments   post patch comments I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

post patch comments
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next