Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PvP Rewards.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Savvage

Savvage

PvP Rewards. Empty
PostSubject: PvP Rewards.   PvP Rewards. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Why is there so little people PvPing? Because they don't think the rewards are worth getting smashed.
I do PvP and 50 CP only gets me 1000 gold, and 2 common fragments.
What happened to giving whole items at PvP? I won 100 PvPs' but I probably got 5 rare fragments and 100 uncommon fragments and one godlike fragment.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PvP Rewards. Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP Rewards.   PvP Rewards. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 7:46 pm

Savvageopress wrote:
Why is there so little people PvPing? Because they don't think the rewards are worth getting smashed.
What happened to giving whole items at PvP? I won 100 PvPs' but I probably got 5 rare fragments and 100 uncommon fragments and one godlike fragment.
Honestly getting one GL fragment from 100 pvps is pretty lucky.

I see why items can be a nuisance or issue as pvp reward. So maybe make it 2-5 frags for a win instead of 1-2? I think that would be enough to make people enjoy pvping more without making it too good. Especially since bringing drop rate to PvP is really hard... There is always the possible problem of people farming by flee battling friends over and over and bringing max drop rate gear to get lots of frags though... It's still not as bad as getting crappy rewards from PvP though.

The issue: pvp takes sometimes several times longer to do a match than any kind of solo, because you have to wait for someone to decide to match you (the hard part, sometimes you can sit in queue for 1 hour and nothing...), and the match tends to be harder and more involved. When finished, the match give slightly higher rewards than a nightmare would, at a lower success rate and usually higher heal cost, and lesser quality frags for those who do drop rate in PvE. In this time you could have done 2-5 nightmares with your drop rate gear and made much more profit.

The solution: get people more involved by increasing the rewards. PvPing will seem like less of a waste of time rewards wise and thus wait times for people who want to pvp will decrease and everyone will be happy.

PvP is my favorite mode of the game gameplay wise, but the rewards are trivial.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PvP Rewards. Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP Rewards.   PvP Rewards. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 9:13 pm

I think the better solution is not to increase rewards but decrease the penalty of losing and thus reducing the risk. Many players simply do not PvP because they are not risk takers. And when one finally does they get smashed and suffer a big economical loss, making them not wanting to do it again.

Increasing rewards will only serve to make experienced and confident players more likely to play. You need to get the noobies interested and not scared of it.
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PvP Rewards. Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP Rewards.   PvP Rewards. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 9:39 pm

penalty for losing was already reduced. You do not lose exp anymore.
Back to top Go down
nathor

PvP Rewards. Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP Rewards.   PvP Rewards. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 11:50 pm

Savvageopress wrote:
i dont pvp because i cannot find enough enemies at my level. if i get into the queue, i can wait a looooong time. i am not going to chat arrange matches like fyrr does, so, the hell with it!
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PvP Rewards. Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP Rewards.   PvP Rewards. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 12:04 am

Rewards are still too low, at the very least frag-wise, since drop rate gear is discouraged. But there's nothing stopping devs from increasing the reward, and also using the "pity money" idea from the other thread to cover some losses of pvp players. This would help both sides of the discouraged pvper market.
Back to top Go down
Savvage

Savvage

PvP Rewards. Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP Rewards.   PvP Rewards. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 2:56 am

XViper wrote:
I think the better solution is not to increase rewards but decrease the penalty of losing and thus reducing the risk. Many players simply do not PvP because they are not risk takers. And when one finally does they get smashed and suffer a big economical loss, making them not wanting to do it again.

Increasing rewards will only serve to make experienced and confident players more likely to play. You need to get the noobies interested and not scared of it.
How exactly to lessen the risks?
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PvP Rewards. Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP Rewards.   PvP Rewards. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 7:19 am

Perhaps less gold costs for healing upon losing PvP matches.
Or perhaps a minor reward even if you lose, perhaps the equivalent of running an easy mission. (or between easy & normal).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PvP Rewards. Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP Rewards.   PvP Rewards. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PvP Rewards.
Page 1 of 1