Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

about equipment repairing.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kusin

about equipment repairing. Empty
PostSubject: about equipment repairing.   about equipment repairing. I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 7:47 pm

the current repairing system just make me feel bad.

repairing loss max durability.
i know it can recover when its lower than 4, but during the period of 5-10, its just too annoying to repair it from time to time.

and you know? after i wasted like 30 minutes to prepare the most suitable equipment for my units
after 10+ battles, the equipment need repair, and then they are un-armed again,
and i ned to waste another 30 minutes to match the best equipment for my units

it only makes the game-play not smooth and make players annoying.
i dont really believe someone would pay 30 gems for a fast repairing. if so i prefer to pay directly to buy a new equipment and trash the old one.
and now, i simply give them an equipment and dont care whether its suitable or not....

imo, if it doesnt affect dev's income so much,
just make repair done instantly and wont be unarmed while repairing,
broken equipment gives no bonus to the units but wont be unarmed as well.
and add a repair all option (or repair all broken equipment button)

if u want to keep the 100-180 gems charge for repairing slot, u can make a cool down time for repairing
thats mean, the equipment is repaired instantly, but the slot need to cool down before repairing the next broken item.
thus, players wont be annoyed by the current system, and u still can earn by selling slots.

these can make game-play much smoother.
Back to top Go down
athose

PostSubject: Re: about equipment repairing.   about equipment repairing. I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 1:00 am

I've made a lot of recommendations and complaints about this game (started a really long-running post even!) But I actually don't see a problem with the current repair system. As far as equipping the 'best' gear, that is going to be difficult, justly so. The straightforward work-around, have multiple equipment sets! while you're repairing one, you're wearing the other one down. Yes, it does take a bit of juggling, but not so much as to be a serious deterrent.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: about equipment repairing.   about equipment repairing. I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 6:25 am

Kusin wrote:
the current repairing system just make me feel bad.

repairing loss max durability.
i know it can recover when its lower than 4, but during the period of 5-10, its just too annoying to repair it from time to time.
I understand Kusin's concerns. There are a lot of UIs that we have to dig through when managing our armies. There is definitely room for improvement there.

I'm not sure how difficult some of these following ideas would be to implement, but I think they would make item/army management a lot smoother.

--
Use a "Repair Pool" instead of Max Durability to decay items:
  • Items would use a 3rd durability stat called the "Repair Pool" or something similar. Whenever a player repairs, their gear returns to full durability and the max never decreases. Instead, every point of repairs done are drawn from this Repair pool.
  • Once the repair pool hits 0, it cannot be repaired anymore and would need to be reforged to refill the Repair Pool.
  • Functionally, this is the same as reductions to max durability, but without the annoyance of low durability repair spamming that Kusin and others have brought up.
  • This would allow players to do more "touch ups" on their gear to upkeep everything at their leisure instead of waiting until everything is broken.
  • Right now the game has to keep track of the "Permanent Max Durability" as a hidden stat for each item. Instead of keeping track of that, it would keep track of the Repair Pool. I dont think it would be a bigger hit on the game's infrastructure/db/servers if it was implemented this way. (Not a DB guy disclaimer on this statement)

--
Add Maintenance features to the Final Battle Scorecard:
  • Add a section / tab to the final battle scorecard. This maintenance area displays a list of all the items that broke in the battle. Right next to each item is the cost of repairing the item and a button to repair. It would be grayed out if a repair slot is unavailable.
  • It would also list all the units that were injured that battle and would have a "Heal all these units" Button. No need to make a trip back to the barracks after every battle.
  • This way, all our "end of battle" maintenance is done right away and in one place right when we finish a battle.

Battle Maintenance Reports:
  • Essentially the same thing as the Final Battle Scorecard idea, but inside the city screen and a conglomeration of the last several battles done. This could be done alternatively or additionally to the Battle Scorecard Maintenance idea.
  • This "Battle Maintenance Report" is a single UI element that players can open once they get back to their city screen. It would list all recent battles since their last opening of the Battle Maintenance Report.
  • The BMRs would display a running tally of all battle incomes and all maintenance costs (items / healing). At the bottom, it would show a final total of our battle profits. All in one report.
  • Broken items would have repair buttons next to them with upkeep costs.
  • If this is combined with the idea of the "repair pools" it would allow players to constantly "touch up" their gear as needed. No more waiting for them to break to maintain items. No more items falling off units without the player realizing it.
  • Overall, it would be a relatively painless process to maintain our armies. No need to dig through 3-4 different UIs. Probably far fewer hits on the game's item DB too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: about equipment repairing.   about equipment repairing. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

about equipment repairing.
Page 1 of 1